Chapter 125: I Am Really Not A Shameless Perverted Alchemist!
101 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[WC 1923]

***

As the first light of day crept over the horizon, the Broken Moon Sect stirred awake. The sun's warm golden rays pierced through the thick layers of frost and snow, transforming the icy landscape into a sparkling wonderland of diamonds. 

Perched atop the roof of a modest house, a solitary figure sat cross-legged like a wise sage in deep contemplation. His eyes were closed, but his long dark eyelashes fluttered softly in the gentle breeze. The stillness of his body was a stark contrast to the vibrant energy of the surrounding world. 

Zhao Wei suddenly opened his eyes, revealing deep silvery pupils with golden tints reminiscent of the sun. 

Zhao Wei gazed at the breathtaking scene of the sun ascending above the distant horizons as if it were escaping the oppressive grasp of the snow-laden countless mountains. 

A cool breeze howled past his face, gently ruffling his enviable hair. 

"What a wonderful morning," Zhao Wei said softly as he greedily breathed in the refreshing scent of a new dawn. 

With wisps of the fresh morning air filling his lungs, Zhao Wei had the momentary feeling that he could tackle anything. 

It was a reminder for himself. It was a possibility. It was a future that he yearned for just like most cultivators. 

The evergreen bamboo trees below swayed happily to the celestial music of the wind. They danced as if to commemorate Zhao Wei's feelings. 

"Even though I have advanced to the Peak 1st Sky of the Ascended Realm, I don't feel any noticeable increase in strength except for the increase in my energy pool," Zhao Wei lightly mused as he observed the massive amounts of True Force bubbling inside his Dantian. 

With two sources of True Force energy, Zhao Wei had an indisputable advantage when it came to wars of attrition. 

Clenching his fists, he concentrated on the raw physical power coursing through his muscles just waiting to be unleashed and wreak havoc on his enemies. 

"I sincerely miss fighting and engaging in bloody battles. I feel kind of rusty but a peaceful life now and then isn't that bad." His warrior's spirit yearned for countless battles while his rationality chased after tranquility and peace. 

He knew the concept of peace and tranquility in a cultivation universe was a hard bargain. Without the necessary strength to back it up, then all would be for naught. 

"I don't have the [check-in system] or [Ten Thousand Times Rebate System] to have my own slice of life yet." Zhao Wei grinned in amusement. 

"I have to relentlessly push on forward without stopping." He stood up and briefly stared at the far-off mountains and the bright skies before gracefully jumping down the building. 

Slowly exhaling, he went inside to take a bath and have a change of clothes. 

After having the cold water rejuvenate his nerves and prime his body for the day, Zhao Wei wore his Inner Disciple outfit. It was a black robe made out of fine rare material, soft to the touch. An elaborate drawing of a crescent moon was expertly sewn on the back symbolizing the Broken Moon Sect. 

"What a special outfit. It can be able to manipulate its size to fit my physique. It also has some kind of internal thermoregulatory function that's convenient for places with hot and cold temperatures." Zhao Wei slowly analyzed his black robe, marveling at the skill of the tailor and the materials used to create such a special outfit. 

"It can also nullify attacks from anyone below the Ascended Realm." This information made Zhao Wei want to test the durability of the outfit but he controlled himself. His past self who was in the Consolidated Realm could easily counter existences with power rivaling those of the Ascended Realm, so the fate of the special outfit was pretty predictable. 

"Kid, have you forgotten your teacher already? Come outside, I haven't seen you in days, and this old man can't wait to impart his lessons!" Suddenly, a lively old voice cut through Zhao Wei's round of thoughts. 

It was Old Man Guan and the day had arrived for him to pick up the young genius. 

"How was he? Did he live up to your expectations?" Outside Zhao Wei's house, Old Man Guan curiously asked the mature beauty beside him. 

"Hmph, he isn't that bad. I showed him everything I knew that a beginner should be mindful of." Yun Yao replied with a complicated expression on her alluring visage, her voice filled with sourness and certain grievance. 

"He's a quick learner. I want to say more but I will have to leave the other bits for you to see for yourself." Yun Yao added begrudgingly as her burning gaze stayed glued on Zhao Wei's door - the door that once opened would show her the annoyingly handsome face of the man who played her for a fool last night. 

Old Man Guan noted this since he had never seen Yun Yao showing such a face and talking as if she had some unfinished business with someone that murdered her pet. 

'Did something happen between the two?' He wondered in confusion while rubbing his beard. 

'Don't tell me...' Something clicked inside his mind as he came up with his own conclusion. 

Old Man Guan as someone with a century of experience could clearly sense that there was some friction between Yun Yao and the brat, Zhao Wei. 

The possibility of a lover's spurt was high but he couldn't rule out the possibility of Yun Yao being genuinely dissatisfied with something terrible that his pseudo-disciple did. 

He couldn't get a total read on Yun Yao's current emotional state. She was a jumbled mess. 

'I can't wait to ask Zhao Wei what transpired between them, haha.' Old Man Guan's eyes twinkled in slight anticipation. 

Soon, the door opened, and a young man came out with an innocent expression on his face. 

"Greetings teacher," Zhao Wei performed a respectful bow at Old Man Guan. 

At that moment, he showed the naivety and air of a young pretty boy. 

Yun Yao scoffed internally at this. 

"You look more energetic than the last time I saw you, Zhao Wei. What has Yun Yao been feeding you?" Old Man Guan accepted his greetings with an amicable smile as he patted Zhao Wei's shoulder. 

"Ahem, Miss Yun is a good cook. She showed me the prowess of an experienced chef and fed me quite well." Zhao Wei heartily explained as he stole a glance at Yun Yao. 

"Oh, really? I didn't know Yun Yao liked to cook. Well, this is a first as she always invested in the Art of Alchemy with no time to squander!" Old Man Guan arched his brows in genuine surprise. 

'This cheeky bastard... How can he willfully joke about my bad cooking talent with such a straight face? Truly hateful!' Yun Yao clenched her small hands in silent anger. 

Only she knew about the hidden sarcasm in Zhao Wei's words. 

This further worsened her mood after having a long, sleepless night of tossing around in bed. 

But then she remembered that she had a plan to return her embarrassment of that night which calmed her down. 

All in all, she didn't prioritize her insubstantial revenge over her newfound ambitions. 

"Let's go then. We have a lot to cover, young man," Old Man Guan said with urgency. He even forgot about the tension between the two. 

"Meet me at the square after you have sorted out your issues with Yun Yao." He then alternated a knowing look between them before walking away with an amused smile on his ruddy face. 

Both Yun Yao and Zhao Wei silently gazed at each other, unsure of who should start the conversation. 

Even Zhao Wei didn't know how to feel about their current situation. 

And that was the problem: He knew he wasn't supposed to feel. 

He couldn't forget his vision, ambitions, and aspirations. 

A soft, tired sigh left Yun Yao's lips which broke the silence. 

"You are... reluctant. You remind me of my younger self somehow." She began. 

"How?" 

"When I didn't believe in something as disillusioning as love or affection." 

"..." Zhao Wei looked at the contours of the woman's perfect face, not knowing what to say. 

So there were times when he didn't have a suitable input of his own. 

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Yun Yao spoke in frustration, her voice tinged with a slight tremor. 

She looked vulnerable. 

"We should take the time to think and calm our minds. What happened last night was just a spur-of-the-moment, Yun er." Zhao Wei finally spoke with hints of genuine affection. Not of love or lust. 

He saw Yun Yao as a fun person. He felt comfortable with her as they shared similar interests when it came to the Dao of Alchemy. 

She felt more than an acquaintance; she was a friend. 

Feelings beyond that were only going to lead to unforeseen complications that he wasn't prepared for. 

Yun Yao felt giddy inside her heart when she heard him address her affectionately but she wasn't happy about him avoiding what could ensue between them. 

But she knew she couldn't force the issue. She was understanding enough to have a rough guess about Zhao Wei's thoughts. 

Some as unrestrained as him couldn't be bound easily! 

It would take time, effort, and sacrifice! 

Their current relationship as vague as it was, wasn't that bad to begin with. 

Yun Yao smiled. 'He's a challenge but I have never shied away from challenges.' 

Instead of being a pitiable woman, it was better to grow up a pair. 

"Don't forget to visit me when you get the time, okay? I still have a lot of alchemical theories and incomplete recipes you could help me with, big brain." Yun Yao moved forward and delicately palmed his cheek. Her eyes widened, astounded by how smooth his skin was. 

"It's a deal. As a scholar, I still have a lot to learn from you." Zhao Wei allowed her to touch him and after a few moments, he curled his fingers around her wrist before gently pulling her hand away. 

And without speaking further, he walked away lest he did something stupid... again. 

When he finally left, Yun Yao looked at the part where Zhao Wei had just touched. His scent and warmth still lingered on her skin. 

She looked around carefully as if confirming that no one was looking at her before pressing her wrist against her nose. 

Huff! 

She breathed in his scent before her cheeks flushed red. 

"I am really not a shameless perverted alchemist!" She deceived herself. At that moment, she didn't care about her image. 

"Zhao Wei!" She softly called his name as a dangerous indiscernible look flashed in his hazel eyes. 

***

Meanwhile, as Zhao Wei reached the square where Old Man Guan was waiting for him, he suddenly felt an eerie chill cascade down his spine. 

'Who is suddenly obsessing over me?' 

"Brat, what took you so long?" Old Man Guan called out to the approaching Zhao Wei. 

"Just nothing special." Zhao Wei vaguely replied with an unreadable expression.

Old Man Guan didn't question him. 

"Let's go. This old man will teach you more than the beautiful senior sister of yours." Old Man Guan said confidently with a chuckle as he led Zhao Wei to a magnificent pavilion. 

Zhao Wei grumbled internally after understanding the hidden implications of the old man's words. 

'What an observant old coot.' 

***

Enjoy!

For 5+ chapters and extra support (Patreon.com/OnearmedImmortal)

7