Chapter 15: The Fairy
1.1k 14 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
so the next chapter is going to come out a bit later today

 

Daron had excited the village through a newly made hole under the walls, where he then made his way towards the gate. While he wasn’t planning on doing any more fighting, he was mildly interested in the fates of the adventurers that had disrupted his plans.

 

It seemed his timing was impeccable because just when he got settled in the bushes nearby, two men, one of which was carrying a woman, came dashing out of the gate. Littered with wounds, it was clear they were on their last legs. The goblins were chasing after them, but as long as they don’t let the forest’s rough terrain slow them down, they should be faster than the goblins.

 

However, there seemed to be another group intent on capitalizing on the adventurer’s efforts. A group of women either naked or covered in muddy rags, came charging out of the gate as well.

 

“#&^%#” (Don’t stop now! We’re almost out of this hell!)

 

Leading the charge was a woman covered in scars, using the ax in her hands to great effect on the remaining goblins who were chasing them. The second person to note in their group was the elf who had been taken by the Chieftain. Raising the Chieftain’s staff, that she had apparently found, she cast a spell which shot grass out of the ground, tangling the legs of a good amount of goblins.

 

Was she the one who rescued the others? But how did she find the staff? Well, he guessed he didn’t try that hard to hide it, but still. Seeing the outside world again, many of the girls started to break down in tears, but the scared woman kept them going.

 

It was probably time to go now, the adventurers were gone so he didn’t have any reasons to stay, he would come by later to see if any others would remain, but for now, he deserved a nice long rest.

 

“Thank you for saving my friend”

 

When Daron turned to leave he heard a voice, and while he couldn’t understand what the words meant, he could understand what they were saying. It was a slightly odd feeling for sure, but he did know one thing that could bring this about, a translation spell.

 

“You’re welcome, but if I might ask, who is this friend you speak of?”

 

Turning around, Daron faced the one talking to him and was surprised by who he saw, it was a gorgeous woman. Looking as if she had just entered her prime, she had long black hair and white eyes, she was wearing what looked like a midnight blue dress, reaching down to her thighs it emphasized what she had extremely well. But it wasn’t her beauty that caught him off guard, it was her race.

 

There were two details that would make it clear to anyone she wasn’t a human, the first was that she was small, not short, but rather she was barely taller than him when he’s laying down on all fours. The second was the pair of large wings on her back, looking as if they were impossibly thin panes of glass, they had a beautiful if not hypnotic pattern carved on them, and was constantly glowing as if stars had been trapped in them.

 

This was without a doubt, a fairy. Fairies are seldomly seen in human territories because they’re hunted relentlessly for their wings, which can be used as materials for potent wands or are just collected as art.

 

She smiled sweetly at him and replied.

 

“She was the wood elf being held captive by the leader”

 

Things started to come together in his mind, if she had helped the elf escape and gave her the chieftain’s staff, then it would make sense of the women had rallied together.

 

“Shouldn’t you be off with your friend right now then? I doubt she’s in the most stable mental state right now...”

 

Her smile turned awkward, looking a bit torn.

 

“She wanted to be an adventurer and left for the human lands, but… I didn’t plan to go with her, I was just following her to the edge of the forest, then this happened. That woman, the one with the scars, I overheard her saying she’s an adventurer. So this is where we have to part anyways...”

 

Daron was a bit frustrated, he knew there’s probably a better way she could handle this, but it was her decision, so he left it at that.

 

“So you just came here to thank me? There’s nothing wrong with that, but I have a feeling you want something else”

 

Hearing him say this, she blinked in surprise. She started fiddling with her hair, blushing as she opened her mouth a few times to say something before she was able to form the words she wanted to say.

 

“I-I want you to look over her for me… not for long! Just, until she gets on her feet. You looked pretty strong fighting that goblin, so I thought, it might not be a big deal for you...”

 

Oh? Now, this was interesting, it wasn’t a bad deal for him. If she was to vouch that he was sentient, then it would make it much easier for him to register as an adventurer. Because all monsters can, in fact, become adventurers, it’s just hard to get to a guild to register, but if he could hop a ride with them…

 

“What’s in it for me?”

 

“Huh!? We-well you would have my deepest gratitude. Hehehe”

 

Daron just gave her a long stare.

 

“Ok, I could give you my blessing. But you have to promise to protect her until she becomes D ranked!”

 

“Sure”

 

She slumped to the ground a sigh of relief escaping her lips. A fairy’s blessing might help him in the future, and he was planning to accept anyway, he just wanted to see what he could get.

 

She floated over towards him, bending down, she kissed him on the forehead, which was awkward because of his horn.

 

*Ding*

You have gained the title ‘blessing of the moon fairy (Minor)’

 

“Now let’s go meet them”

 

With that, she started leading him to her friend, and he decided while they were walking to check his everything, as it had been a while.

  1.  

Status

Name: Daron

Race: Horned Rabbit

Titles: ‘Other Planar’ ‘Prodigy’ ‘Spellcaster’ ^’Overachiever’ (3 till bonus to lowest stat) ‘Spell Prodigy(Scorching Ray)’ +‘Overturning Nature’ +'Blessing of the Moon Fairy'

LV: 8/10 > 9/10

XP: 7/380 > 68/380 > 442/380 > 62/615

HP: 50/50 > 55/55

MP: 310/310 > 9/340

Def: 10 > 11

SP: 0 > 2 > 0

Str: 16 > 17 > 18

Vit: 10 > 11

Agi: 16 > 18

Int: 31 > 33 > 34

 

Abilities

Skills

[Passive]

Sneak (LV.3)

Mana Detection (LV.6)

Mana Manipulation (LV.7) 

Burrowing (LV.2)

Enhanced Hearing (LV.3)

[Active]

Leap (LV.1)

Identify (LV.2)

Horn Attack (LV.2)

Magic

Mana (LV.4)

Fire (LV.3)

Shadow (LV.5)

Resistances

N/A

 

Spells

[Meta Magic]

OverCast {Locked}

[Mana]

ArcaneBolt (LV.1)

Body Enhancement (LV.1)

Bubble (LV.2)

Shield (LV.3)

Mage Hand (Lv.8)

[Fire]

FireBolt (LV.4)

Scorching Ray (LV.3)

Control Fire (LV.1)

[Shadow]

Eerie Gaze (LV.2)

Dampening Shadow (LV.2)

Puddle of Shadows (LV.1)

ShadowBolt (LV.8)

Shadow Infusion (LV.1)

DarkSight (Lv.6)

Cloak of Shadows (LV.2)

 

It seemed he gained a new skill called ‘Leap’, which he promptly checked

 

Skill (Active)

Leap (LV.1)

You are able to use your powerful legs to leap greater distances than normal

Effects: increased height/length of the next jump

Cost: strain on legs

Cooldown: N/A

 

16