Chapter ten: City Of Blood
955 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s quiet…”

 

Five young men and women were walking down a deserted street. They had been assigned to investigate an attack on a city by the grand saintess Esticlestria but when they got there there were no signs of life. The city witch requested immediate help from the heroes in order to repel a demon threat that had appeared out of nowhere. The ones designated to this mission were the heroes, Mika, Zeke, Sandra, Iyata, and Ben. They were a team of five that had been summoned in japan with Mika, Zeke, and Iyata being Japanese and the twins Sandra and ben being European. The twins were swordsmen, Iyata was a summoner, Zeke was a magician and Mika was a priestess.

 

As they walked they noticed that there were stalls that had been flipped, their contents scattered, windows and doors smashed, evidence of magic explosions, and blood puddles everywhere. What was missing was bodies. If there were blood puddles of this size there had to be some sort of viscera but the blood puddles looked as if the blood had just formed from the rain. Mika held her staff to her chest as she looked at her reflection in a blood puddle. She noticed the group moving further away and ran to catch up.

 

“U-um… I get That we were sent to investigate but... um... I um I  feel like we shouldn’t be here…” the young teenage girl had already felt as if the goddess she met was telling her to turn back, But her shyness held her back from telling them. Sandra the party leader turned around and glared at her then turned back around and kept walking.

 

“Your such a fucking baby grow up kitty cat” 

 

“Urk…mmm...i just...”

 

“Just what? Your stupid goddess tell you to turn around like a coward”

 

“But... I really think we…”

 

“OH MY GOD JUST SHUT THE HELL UP YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!”

 

Mika winced at sandras at sandras insult

 

“You keep flaking out on us, giving excuses like “oh we should do that the goddess told me we shouldn’t” You know what I think? I think your just lying about meeting the goddess when you were summoned.”

 

In reality, Mika did in fact meet the goddess and receive her blessing. In fact, Mika was several times more powerful than Sandra and had received many blessings from her including a sense of danger unrivaled to those around her. 

 

And every part of her being was telling her.

 

You will die here! Leave this place!

 

In fact, the powerful being that caused this was curiously watching from a distance observing and studying their every move. She could feel its gaze on them watching as a researcher watches a microbe under a microscope. When she was worrying if it would move on them she felt a strong mana hit Sandra head-on.

 

“Ah! What...what was that!”

 

“Sis, you ok?”

 

“Yeah I just feel kind of warm that's all”

 

{what is this feeling?}

 

Sandra after getting hit by that magic felt a strong sense of urge to fornicate for some unknown reason. 

 

“sis I think I think she's right that was obviously magic directed at you”

 

“I order you to draw your weapons, we will fight the monster here none of you will leave!”

 

Sandra couldn’t withdraw, she couldn’t stand to give in to Mika’s ideas. She hated Mika with everything she had. Mika had Gotten attention from the guy she liked and he even asked her out multiple times. She felt like Mika didn’t deserve his attention and wanted to get rid of her if she could. If this monster was as strong as she said she could fight as hard as she could then sacrifice Mika to get away it would indeed be tragic and the boy would grieve over her death. She would comfort the boy and slowly fill the hole in his heart with herself. The boy would need someone to lean on and slowly but surely make him fall in love with her. It was the perfect plan.

 

“It's coming!”

 

{Perfect timing!}

 

Out in front of them was a small girl no bigger than an elementary girl, she had had fox ears and a tail. She had small teeth sticking out over her lower lip and had a cute smile on her face. Her tail was wagging back and forth as if she was excited. She felt as if the small girl was happy about something. Was she happy to see them or maybe she achieved some goal? no ..wait this feeling? Oh god oh no!

 

“Quick every one get away from m-”

 

“Kill them”

 

Sandras eyes went dark and the others immediately knew what happened.

 

She had been mind-controlled.

 

“Quick Mika buff everyone with your abilities.

 

However, Mika hesitated.

 

{why should I buff them? What have they done for me? All they did was bully me and call me a coward!}

 

Sandra kicked the ground and used her sword to cut down the nearest person.

 

“Uaaah!!!”

 

Zeke had been cut by Sandra's sword and suffered a fatal wound. If he wasn’t healed quickly he would die very soon.

 

“Mika what are you doing she’ll kill us all!”

 

{no… she’ll kill you}

 

Sandra turned her sights on Iyata who had summoned a six-armed bear. The bear Charged at Sandra and swung down its claws, Sandra avoided it by doing a summersault and ignored the bear then continued her charge to cut down Iyata. Just as she was about to cut Iyata down, Ben slashed at the vampire to cut the connection. The little girl was stunned at his actions and was late in avoiding it and was cut from the shoulder. 

 

“Gyaaa!”

 

Sandra who had a momentary break in connection had swung her sword to the left just barely avoiding killing Iyata. The Mind control resumed its effects and Sandra Swung her sword side way to hit Iyata once more however a barrier of light formed between them and blocked the blow.

 

{i should just let them die but, if they die that vampire will surely get revenge for that blow earlier.}

 

“If we target the vampire instead of Sandra we'll be able to win this”

 

““Right!”” Ben and Iyata agreed to the plan that Mika gave.

 

|I’M AFRAID I CAN’T ALLOW THIS TO CONTINUE ANY LONGER|

 

A females voice came from the skies, with it an angel of light came forth and wrapped the vampire girl in its embrace. The wings cradled the girl and the girl was wrapped in light before disappearing. 

 

“Ah, this is insane…”

 

“How is this possible!?”

 

“This can’t be won...”

 

The angel in front of them possessed so much power that even ben who couldn’t perceive magical power could feel absolute terror. This inconceivable existence could wipe them out in an instant. 

 

|CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT ENDURE YOUR PAIN AND KILL THOSE WHO INJURED YOUR MOTHER|

 

With that, the angel flew up in the skies and supersonic speeds out of sight with Sandra disappearing as well.

 

Then out of all the houses sewers shops, any place you could possibly hide came thousands of vampires.

 

“Everyone gather around Zeke I will teleport us out of here!”

 

The vampires coming out like ants swarmed in droves to be the first one to taste a hero's blood. 

 

All the heroes gathered around Zeke and Mika cast teleport with them disappearing into light particles.

    

25