Chapter 2: A New World
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I wanted to let you know, that just because I uploaded this the day after, does not mean I will be making chapters daily, I don't plan on having a schedule for days specifically, but I hope I can get a chapter out a week, however I may post 2 a certain week, or maybe even none a week if I can't get to it! Anyway I hope you enjoy chapter 2!

Chapter 2: A New World

Intended for Ages 13+ with Intense Language.

 

On the horizon there was a huge modern city called Prideston City. Linus had been frozen for 100 years. He slowly made his way to Prideston. This new city, this new world was unheard of for Linus. His adventure had truly begun.

 

It was night and Prideston city was shining bright as ever. However Linus was severely injured. He had to do something about it.

 

Linus would start by grabbing any supplies he found in the destroyed ship. He even found a bag with a lot of 1944 currency. Then he would clean the blood on him, he was still injured but he looked better. Then after that he would take off the suit and just wear the white shirt, gray pants, and gray boots, because the red suit was the most destroyed. He would also use the water to fix his hair somewhat so he looked better. He was ready to start his trek to a town about a 3 hour walk away.

 

Linus: That town, it looks really strange, there were a bunch of lights I’ve never seen anything like.

Linus: Kinda creepy…

 

Linus would make his way swimming to land when he reached the edge of the island. You may think that he would sink but his metal that his skin and bones are made from is both super strong, and light. Eventually he would reach the city. The sights put him in awe. He had never seen so many bright lights and tall buildings in a place like this. It was beautiful. There were electric signs everywhere, tall buildings, and hundreds of cars. The town was like Tokyo or New York City in real life. It was incredible, Linus was in awe, and he didn’t understand it at all. In his mind he was just out for a few minutes, when in actuality it was 100 years.

 

Linus: What the hell-

Linus: Holy Shit.

Linus: How long… was I in that… ICEBERG….

 

Linus would run up to a civilian.

 

Linus: Sir! I’m sorry to bother you but what year is it?

Civilian: Huh? What? It’s 2044 but why don’t you know that.

Linus: Thank you so much!

 

Linus would run off.

 

Civilian: But you didn’t answer my qu- and he’s gone…

 

Linus would start sweating and even tearing up a bit.

 

Linus: One- One- ONE HUNDRED YEARS?!?!?

Linus: Dear God what has happened, I- oh god. Oh God. OH GOD.

 

Linus would walk to the nearest convenience store to grab some items. He knew that everything he once knew was gone, so he was going to have to restart his life. He was scared but he had gone through much, much worse.

 

Linus would go into the convenience store and grab some food items and health items. He had no idea what almost any of them were but he just grabbed some items.

 

Linus: 5 Dollars for a Bag of Chips, What the hell… WHY IS IT THAT MUCH?!?

Linus: Is inflation really that bad?

Linus: Wait, if prices have inflated, then has the value of currency back then inflated?

Linus: Maybe the money I have in this bag is worth a few thousand dollars.

 

Suddenly a group of 3 men walk into the convenience store. They start laughing and trashing the place, while grabbing the beer and drinking it as well as throwing it at the cashier. The cashier would dodge thankfully however.

 

Cashier: Ok sir! I’m Sorry! I’m Sorry! Please don’t hurt me!

Man #1: Empty the register you Fuckhead!

Man #2: Yeah you heard what he said DO IT!

 

Linus would hide behind a shelf, and grab some weird mask on the shelf, as well as a jacket on the shelf.

 

Linus: What kind of convenience store has clothing, heh.

 

Cashier: Yes sir! Yes sir!

 

Man #1 would point a gun at the cashier

 

Man #1: Faster you bitch!

Cashier: Yes! Yessir! 

 

Linus would run out behind the men.

 

Linus: HEY! I’m not gonna allow you… t-to do this!

 

Linus was really bad at heroic speeches.

 

Man #3: PFFT HAHA GO FUCK OFF!

Linus: No! I’m not gonna-

 

Man #1 would shoot linus in the heart, of course being deflected.

 

Man #1: What the fuck?

Linus: Very well… You won’t play nice, So I won't either.

 

Linus’s eyes would have a dead stare with them while chuckling to himself. Suddenly in the blink of an eye, Linus lunged forward and punched one of them in the stomach hard, sending him flying out the window. Both of the other men would start relentlessly shooting him to no avail. One of them would run out of fear to grab the man who fell out of the window, but the last one was stubborn.

 

Man #3: Hehe… You can’t beat me. I have no idea what the fuck you are, but I’m gonna fuck you up man!

Linus: You should have gone with your friend…

 

Linus would run up to him and grab him by the collar, throwing him back behind him knocking him out. Linus would then grab him again and toss him out the window. Linus would grab his bag, and come back to the cashier.


Linus: Hey it’s safe now. Are you ok?

Cashier: Yeah…

Linus: How much do you think the repairs will be?

Cashier: I dunno but who are you?

Linus: Uh- I don’t know, I don’t really have a secret name or something like that.

Cashier: Well you're a superhero, with your superstrength you can be one at least.

Linus: Superhero? Like in the Detective Comics?

Cashier: You mean DC? But yeah recently like in the last 30 years powers have become a lot more abundant, I mean it’s still rare, but it's more common, so much that heroes have started popping up, For example, the greatest hero of all time, The Lightning Phoenix, he can actually speed up his whole body or other parts of his body faster than sound! He’s so cool!

Linus: Wow, well I mean I don’t know if I could or not, I mean-

Cashier: You should! Why not go as… The Steampunker, since that jacket of yours is kinda steampunk y'know. 

Linus: Maybe, also I need to pay for the damages and also my food at this mask and jacket I guess.

Cashier: I’ll give you the food and clothes for free, since you saved me, but yeah this window will cost a few hundred to fix..

Linus: Oh yeah I wanted to ask, If I had currency from 100 years ago how much would it be worth?

Cashier: 1 Dollar back then is like 1000 now.

 

Linus would realize he had about 5,000 dollars in 1944 currency in there, meaning he had up to 5 million in there. He would be ecstatic to say the least.

 

Linus: WHERE CAN I SELL IT?

Cashier: At the Auction house probably-

Cashier: What the- Where did you GO?!? 

 

Linus would run and ask a civilian where the auction house is, after getting his answer he would jump to the top of the buildings and run to it. In a few hours all of his money would be sold and he ended up with 5,042,351 dollars. He was rich. So he would leave a note at the convenience store with 800 dollars, which said “Thank you for telling me about the auction house, here’s 800 for the repairs and the food I bought - The Steampunker,”

 

Linus would look upon the lit up city. He would sigh and put on his new suit he bought at the store, consisting of the steampunk jacket from the store, a brown face mask, brown pants and shoes, black gloves, and an emblem for the belt which had S on it. He was now the steampunker. And he was ready to become a great hero for Prideston city.

Do you believe the Steampunker will become a great hero?
  • Yes Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1