Ch. 5 I Am Not You
287 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There are factions even among the Pillars of Demons. However, it is not a clash of opinions regarding the current plan.

The focus is on whether to remain in this world after the Bible incineration or strive to return to the original world.

To put it in human terms, it's like a difference in the chosen path. We understand that we will eventually part ways. There is no dissatisfaction with that. It was something we knew from the beginning. Future conflicts may arise, but they will be within acceptable limits. Once the alteration of the Bible is completed, the Seventy-Two Pillars will relinquish their status as Ars Goetia.

The leading proponents of active retention are Hagenti. Their reason is "We've had enough pancakes." Apparently, they have a trauma related to it. While cases like Hagenti are rare, Pillars of Demons who do not find significance in returning to the original world belong to this group.

The leading proponents of passive retention are Crocell. The resistance by the Heroic Spirits of the former Time Temple. It not only infuriated Crocell but also made them lose faith in the existence of Heroic Spirits. Furthermore, there are no Heroic Spirits in this world. They have not completely severed ties with the Age of Gods, or the concept of Heroic Spirits and the World Order is not established. Pillars of Demons who are beginning to find values worth protecting in this world belong to this group.

The leading proponents of passive return are Flauros. Their reason is curiosity. They wonder if that human who claimed the final victory is alive and has returned. Or perhaps they have some intention to offer flowers to someone. Pillars of Demons in this group seem to be interested in the results of human history, which they also managed to avoid being incinerated.

And the leading proponents of active return are Baal. Their reasons vary among the Pillars of Demons. However, the passion to return to the original world no matter what is common among them. Except for betraying the Pillars of Demons, they would endure any humiliation.

However, there are always exceptions. It is an emotion that transcends factions and has gained empathy.

"While understanding the need for modifications and changes in the plan, I express my gratitude to all my comrades for approving our request." 

***

 

 

 

Zekram Bael.

He is the first generation of the Bael family, ranking first among the Seventy-Two Pillars in this world. In other words, he is the first-generation Great King, effectively the top figure of the Great King Faction, a massive devil faction. In a sense, his political influence surpasses even that of the Satan. Despite living since the creation of devils, his ambitions are laid bare. If the Four Great Satan represent the public face of devils, then Zeeram Bael is their hidden face. Even now, the current head of the Great King family seeks his counsel. It would not be an exaggeration to say that devils act according to his will.

His mansion, however, was under attack.

"Guh...!"

"How unsightly, Zekram Bael."

The assailant stood before Zekram. A towering mass of flesh that somehow possessed the ability to communicate through language. It was astonishing to witness such a distorted figure. This grotesque being, which appeared out of nowhere, ravaged Zekram's mansion and drove him to the brink of death.

Inside the mansion, Zekram was the sole survivor. There was no need to mention the fate of the other residents and servants.

"Wh-Who sent you? It can't be Sirzechs or Ajuka... They should understand the drawbacks of killing me. Could it be Sairaorg? But first of all, who are you? I've never seen such a race. How did you infiltrate the Underworld?"

"No. I came here out of personal emotions."

There was no obligation to answer such a question. There was no meaning in responding. However, when questioned, he couldn't help but give an answer. He couldn't tolerate the idea of this fool dying without knowing the reason for his anger. That's why he disclosed only the purpose, revealing the source of his murderous intent.

"There is someone I absolutely want to kill. But I can't kill them now. So, I'll kill you."

Upon hearing that, the first-generation Great King chuckled. It was concise yet nonsensical. It mixed with self-derision towards himself for dying for such a foolish reason.

"What's that...? Isn't it just venting your frustrations?"

"I know!"

The fleshy mass—the demon Baal—expressed his emotions to the Great King Bael. He revealed their untold story, unknown to the Great King. It was more like pouring out emotions than explaining. And it was only natural. It was something that couldn't be understood or explained, and there was no point in doing so.

 

What comes to the mind of the demon Baal is that moment. The moment when King Solomon returned the ring to the heavens, when Goetia was distorted, and when the Time Temple collapsed.

"At that time, I chose to flee. However, a momentary hesitation stopped my escape! The shame, the disrespect, the humiliation, and the anger. The conflict of enduring those things for an average, ordinary human for three thousand years! The result is the collapse caused by self-contradiction!"

It can be compared to a single raindrop in a torrential downpour that sinks the earth. That level of hesitation killed the demon Baal.

"But I regret it! I could have endured it! Now, I am convinced of that! But even this regret is just decoration."

The emotions that arise and surge in his mind during that moment are only one.

"...Hatred. Hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred, hatred! I can feel nothing but hatred!"

Hatred that aims to shatter the stars. However, it is not directed at the Bael in front of him. The consciousness of a demon pillar like this has no interest in such a pathetic demon.

"It's you! It's you, Fujimaru Ritsuka!"

Naturally, Zekram Bael doesn't know that name. From the words of the demon Baal earlier, it was understood that the person was human, but nothing more than that. From the beginning, Zekram Bael had little to no emotions towards humans. For him, humans were either objects to be corrupted or livestock to be devoured, merely a potential source of power through reincarnation.

"I will definitely return to that planet, that era, that place! After saving this planet! And even if it takes thousands of years, I will kill you!"

The last Master of humanity. Once considered insignificant and discarded. Admit it. The perfect plan was shattered by someone of that caliber. That's why that human must be killed, even if it means vanishing once again.

"In front of me, who made that decision, it's you, Zekram Bael! When I learned about you, I felt the greatest humiliation!"

Shouting the name, but not directing his consciousness towards it. The emotions directed from the demon Baal to the Great King Bael have already ended. There are no emotions directed towards Zekram Bael himself. It's only a denial of the events caused by his existence.

"If you have ambitions that surpass the Satan, I'll accept it! If you have hatred that devours gods, I'll accept it! But you chose this meaningless, worthless, and disgraceful preservation of such an ecosystem!"

If it were to make the Great King the one and only devil, he could understand. If they vowed revenge for the deceased first-generation Satan and their subordinates, he could sympathize. But the wish of the first-generation Great King was to perpetuate the noble society through "devils " for eternity.

 

Not standing on the public stage but ruling over devils from the safety zone of society. The Great King Bael treats the Satan as mere symbols and looks down upon lower-ranked devils as servants.

"Why are you using that name on this planet, in this era, in this place!"

If the name were different, he would have simply regarded them as unpleasant creatures.

The fact that someone using the same name as himself, “Baal” is an embarrassment. The indifference towards the tragedy of King Solomon, the collapse of their grand achievement. The rage that is equivalent to those things is what the demon Baal feels.

"If it were just that, it would end with me not letting you escape at the moment this underworld is destroyed. I will erase everything about you from this planet. There is no need to kill you now. However, the situation has changed with the confirmation of the existence of that clay doll!"

The successor to Enkidu, Kingu. Originally, that name does not belong to him, his body does not belong to him, and his history should not be recorded in human history. The resurrection of such an existence implies the presence of other visitors from that world. Considering their own situation, it is possible that even the disappeared beings could exist. Naturally, there is a high possibility that among those visitors, there is someone they are familiar with.

"Yes, the possibility... the possibility that the detestable King Solomon and the detested Fujimaru Ritsuka might come to this world!"

The King of Magecraft, Solomon. The last Master of humanity, Fujimaru Ritsuka. For the Seventy-Two Demon Gods, these two are special existences in various ways. Their stories would not have started without the anger towards Solomon, and it was because of Fujimaru that their plans failed.

"I felt fear... to think that those two, of all people, would see me, 'Baal'! And it is terrifying to be compared to the likes of you! Not just me, but even the other Seventy-Two Demon Gods will be compared to you!"

If it were King Solomon, it would be somewhat better. He was a king who overlooked human tragedies and had no emotions. Though considered incompetent, he was a man who was born a king. But just imagining what kind of emotions the last Master of humanity would have towards them is terrifying.

"If it's mockery, fine. If it's contempt, I'll accept it. If it's indifference, I'll only pile on more hatred. We are the losers. We have the duty to accept those emotions. But if by any chance, by one in a billion chance, we are shown pity, then what should we do!"

Our destiny. Our arch-enemy. The starting point of the distortion of our plan. The opponent who continues to evoke hatred at this very moment. The target we have sworn to kill.

To be pitied by such an opponent, to be disappointed by them. To be shown "compassion."

No, considering their personalities, the level of danger is low. Perhaps that reality does not exist. Such worries are probably groundless. That future is most likely impossible.

However, Baal cannot ignore that tiny possibility. Because it was truly just a momentary hesitation that killed him. It is precisely because Baal experienced the danger of such a slight possibility firsthand that he is present in this situation. He has made the decision to kill with this murderous intent.

 

"Why did I hesitate to escape? Enduring three thousand years of shame? Compared to this moment, how meaningful would that humiliation be? I can form an alliance with Heroic Spirits, I can disguise myself as a human! I will cling even to discarded scraps! Even if it means perishing, I will challenge you! I will not destroy the world to kill you, Fujimaru Ritsuka, but I will destroy the world solely to kill you!"

Finally, Baal's consciousness is directed towards the aged devil in front of him. No, his consciousness is not there. His consciousness is rather focused within himself.

"But it won't start! As long as you exist, my hatred! My revenge! The three thousand years for that purpose won't start! All of my murderous intent is solely to kill you before those two know...!"

The starting point of my fury, Solomon. The culmination of my hatred, Fujimaru Ritsuka.

If you claim to be alive, then I will come to kill you myself. Please, do not come to this world.

"For the sake of my three thousand years filled with suffering, perish...!"

On this day, the first generation of the Seventy-Two Demon Gods, who had retired in various parts of the underworld, were under attack. The assailants in each case were grotesque pillars of flesh. The biblical factions, understanding the connection with the recent incident, began preparations to form an agreement for dealing with these unknown creatures.

However, this response stimulated Kokabiel, a high-ranking Fallen Angel with a supreme fallen angel ideology. It was only natural that he led his followers to commit the crime of stealing Excalibur.

Only a little longer until the truth they have desperately hidden comes to light.

 

***

 

 

 

"Naberius, a warning. Intruders in the Time Temple."

"I am Ophis."

"Explanation from Flauros. One of the strongest beings in this world. Its abilities are said to be infinite, with a clear difference from the second rank. A dragon, serpent, and ouroboros crowned with chaos, infinity, and nothingness. It has been classified as a top-level security target. 'Infinite Dragon God' Ophis."

"You guys... You? Strong. Let's defeat Great Red together."

"Additional information from Forneus. An exceptional existence in this world. Referred to as 'Dream,' surpassing even Ophis. If Ophis is ranked first, it is rank zero. The red dragon recorded in the Apocalypse. The de facto ruler in the dimensional gap. It has been classified as a top-level security target. 'True Red Dragon God Emperor' Great Red."

"I want to defeat Great Red and obtain tranquility."

"Proposal from Barbatos. There is no advantage for us in accepting this request. We should immediately drive this dragon out of the Time Temple."

"Opposition from Halphas. Although this dragon has high capabilities, it is estimated that its mentality is immature. If we refuse the request, it will likely resist. The aftermath of the battle with this dragon could potentially collapse the Time Temple. If the Time Temple collapses, it will greatly impede our plan. We should avoid engaging in battle here."

"Denial from Amon. Why should we compromise?"

"Suggestion from Sabnock. How about considering cooperation? The possibility is low, but there is an advantage in being able to eliminate Great Red before it becomes an obstacle."

"Counterargument from Andromalius. Great Red merely by its existence is establishing the dimensional gap of the current world. If we defeat it, it will have an impact on all worlds. Naturally, the human realm, the underworld, and the heavens will collapse, and our plan will fall into an irreparable dimension. In other words, accepting the request of this dragon is equivalent to abandoning the plan."

"Defeat Great Red."

"............"

"................................"

"................................................................"

"...................................................................................."

"Communication from Baal. I have returned. I will now begin my report... Begin... I want to begin, but before that, I request an explanation of the current situation. What happened?"

"Response from Hagenti. We're in trouble!"

11