Chapter 2: What is family?
13 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The prison's left wing was destroyed and bodies continued to pile up as the medics scoured the court yard, both sides faced their fair share of death. Prisoners were gone and headed towards the city in all directions, one boy was staring at down at the scene, the mess that was left behind with eyes as red as blood.

"So it looks like they pulled it off. Luckily for them, my older sister wasn't here to stop them like the last time."

The boy stared off into the distance while lost in thought until a guard came running, shouting his name and he soon as dropped down to one knee.

"Lord Gabriel, the coup has worked and your father surrendered with out putting up any resistance. It seems your sister escaped and is being trailed by lady Julie and Kelly"

"I checked the office my sister used as acting warden.. She destroyed all the documentations portraying to any thing that could give us a clue to what she was up to other than what we thought we knew."

In the room they were in, was paper shredded and scattered all over the floor and bins showed that most of it had been shredded and eventually burned.

"I'm sorry my lord but everything she did here was private and the scientist with her have all had their memories erased the day prior to the escape.."

Gabriel pulled out some documents and tossed them to the guard who was confused by what he was just given, realizing they were names and photos of all the inmates.

"Of the 200 prisoners here, we don't have an exact number on how many escaped and or died. On top of that, we don't know what abilities they hold if they even have any."

"Got it sir, I shall take accountability and send this information of those who escaped over to you. I will also send them to the guards and notify law enforcement to go and round them up, dead or alive."

"No, we need to keep this event a secret but do send this information to my little sister. She will probably enjoy a man hunt and end up making a game out of this."

"yes sir, King William would also like to know if you will be there for the sealing of your father?"

"Of course not, I can care less about that man.. He isn't family but can you send a message to the new king that I'll be heading off to the forbidden library?"

The guard soon bowed as Gabriel started to walk away, not looking back at the state the prison was now currently in.

------------------------------

A few hours after the break out, 2 boys were currently running threw the alleys of the inner city in order to not draw attention until one named Jorge stops to catch his breath.

"Hey Chris hold on... Where are we going anyways and why did we leave the others?"

"I know a place where we can hide out "

"A place? how? I still don't understand why we left the others.. we even ditched Alex!"

"Didn't I tell you that I grew up in this city before they discovered me? Most of the other inmates like you and Alex were found outside. Truth is, I think I might have been the only one who lived within these walls. I told Alex to follow Ivan and stay with him in order to figure out where they will be staying and what his plans were"

"Plans? and wait, you always say that but you never tell me anything!!"

"I like you Jorge, you always see the good in people but that's exactly what makes you an idiot sometimes.. I don't know why, but I feel like there's something up about Ivan. I blew up the weapons room that he told me to guard and why I had you go for the entrance before everyone can go start rampaging but you got stuck in the control room. Thank fully, it seems only a few of us actually had abilities. My math was wrong and I'm usually not... now lets go!"

Chris got distracted but brought herself back to reality and urged Jorge along who was also lost in thought, they made their way to a back entrance of a building. Once inside, what they saw were clothes hung up on racks and folded on shelves, a place called A Mans Taste.

"What is this place? These clothes look fancy and yet they kind of don't... How do I put it? Old?"

"It's called a clothing store and it goes by the name of A Mans Taste. My mom and I were taken in by the man who owns this place."

Chris than takes off his clothes and grabs the bandages wrapped around his body in order to tear it off; What reflected in Jorge's eyes was now a person with long crystal blue hair and eyes with a curvy feminine looking body.

"Chris what are you doing? I thought you had a terrible scar and you didn't want anyone to see!?"

"That was a lie.. get changed"

"What the letter F!? Your voice.. and.. and your body? Your a girl?!?"

"Didn't I tell you? and my names isn't Chris.. its.."

"Christine?"

Behind the two was an old man with a flash light and a double barrel shot gun which caused Jorge to panic. Hiding behind a mannequin, Chris remained calm as if she knew who this man really was and smiled

"Old man! It's ok Jorge, he's family!"

Chris ran into the old man's arms and hugged him so tightly that it looked pretty much impossible to sperate them.

"Okay Christine, you're going to break this old mans back but I'm glad to see were able to find your way home but how are you here?"

"We'll explain that later but first things first, we need clothes and a haircut!"

The three went upstairs where Jorge was getting his hair cut, finally being out of there orange getup and into what seemed to be a 1920's type of clothing; Dark gray pants and a white buttoned up shirt.

"So, a prison break? Nice"

"Nice? are you really sure you're a normal old man?"

"Can it kid! Chris why wrap your face? I almost shot your friend."

"I was told to.. when the warden took me, she said I had to and that it would help me down the road.. Only now I realized what she meant because no one knows my face and everyone thought I was a guy apparently"

"Well of course, I've been calling you Chris and you never corrected me!!"

"I couldn't help it.. I actually like that name, its cute."

Jorge's hair was done and what he saw in the mirror was a nice clean cut. A gentlemen's cut with short trimmed hair on top, little bangs hanging down in his front left side of his for head and a fade.

"Not bad right? A number 1 on the sides and a clean short cut on top.. It's called the Gentleman's Cut!"

-----------------------------------------

"I told you already! I'm human! I'm alive! Come on man!!"

Deep within a forest Allister stood there as his legs were shaking, barely able to keep him up while blood continued to pour out from his chest. Being stabbed by a little girl's couldn't make sense of the situation so she pulls back her arm.

"Fine. I guess this is getting nowhere so I'll believe you but why are you here? This forest is off limits to humans! Didn't you see the signs?"

The girl picks up on sounds coming towards her and a stench she knew all to well.

"What's the matter? Is something coming?"

"Yes, some of my own kind but one of them is my.. brother."

Three Wolve jumped out of bushes with a black one in the lead, Allister regained his composure only to get jumped by a fourth wolf from behind and blood begins to gush out from his arm being torn apart.

"Don't bother trying to help him Katherine, he will soon be our dinner. Really? Your in that form? I thought I told you its forbidden. We wolves have given up being human long ago and yet here you stand!"

"Brother.. I'm tired of these dumb rules and being seen as an outcast because of it! Where did we go wrong? to become savages.. If father were still here.."

"But he isn't is he? He died because he was weak and let his guard down around humans. That will soon be your fate but this time I'll make sure to put you down myself!"

"Rigor!!"

Katherine yells her brother name and more hair began to grow, covering her body until what appeared wasn't a girl but a dark gray wolf. The two sibling dashed towards each other until their heads made impact, pushing them back; Rigor leaps a bites Katherine in the neck forcing her to screech in pain.

"After everything you've seen, you still show kindness! Dad is gone and now I'm the alpha. Instead of following me, you choose to be an omega!"

"There are still good people in the world, I know it! Your the one who chooses to abandon them and kill everyone who isn't us.. That's why our people forgot how to turn back into their human forms. They forgot what it meant to be one"

"Shut up!"

Rigor bites down harder until blood is drawn which causes Katherine to whimper and fall unconscious. Standing over his sister with anger in his eyes, the sound of one of his own can be heard crying. The wolf body was still as Allister dragged it by the tail. The man they had just attacked, was currently missing an arm and even showed a hole within in his chest.

"I really hate when siblings fight but my brothers and I aren't really perfect either.. still, this scene really pisses me off"

Allister unsheathed a machete Kukri from his back and points it towards Rigor who in return, laughs.

"You think you can scare us with that? Humans can be so stupid can't they? well you can go ahead and..."

Before the alpha could finish his sentence, he started to feel that his body wouldn't move and at the same time he could feel an invisible force pushing him and his pack down. Allister walks slowly towards Rigor which cause the wolf to only stare in anguish, the boys left eye was now pitch black and a sinister smile was exposed. Crouching down to Rigor, He spoke in different tone than before.

"You see, while your dog was tearing me apart... He woke up my friend, who was sleeping inside me and now he's mad"

Allister's voice soon changes to a more demonic voice

"We have this self rule when every time were killed, we take their life in return. I get the feeling your sister will be sad so I'll cut you some slack as long as you beat it and never bother her again. So... what's it going to be?"

After some time Katherine regains consciousness but everything around her was different. She could felt the warmth of a fire and picked up the scent of Allister under her. Getting a tickling feeling on her fur, she realized she was laying on his legs while in wolf form. Being pet cause the girl to jolt up and changed back to human, revealing her angered face.

"Don't touch me you scoundrel!"

"Hey, I thought you were enjoying it. Why the switch back? you looked adorable as a wolf."

Katherine was furious and shocked by how much time passed but what was more surprising was that the boy still lived and didn't have a scratch on him. The only difference now was how much younger he looked.

"Did you kill my brother?"

"No, but he won't be bothering you again. What was all that about anyways?"

After a minutes of stuffing her face with food, she began explaining the circumstanced of her people. How they gave up on being human over the years, eventually becoming the very thing the world always saw them as, animals.

"I see, soo you were born able to change from human to wolf and your people saw it as an omen?"

"Yea. Rigor who is my half brother became the alpha after my dad. Started changing rules such as hunting humans who get to close to our woods, but his biggest disgust was with me who still chose to live in this form"

"I'm sorry to hear that, my sibling are complicated too but I mean... What is family now a days when its world is like this?"

"What were you doing here anyways?"

"Well truth is, I'm looking for a connection to the Scared Forest so I can get into the Lost City"

"I heard tales of it.. I also heard its up north so why don't you just walk there? What's waiting for you there anyways?"

"Impossible, the forest won't let me. I have to find a gate that changes its location every now and then or at least that's what Sophie told me. Someone I know is there."

"Sophie? and I see, are you hoping to reunite?"

"I guess you can say she's a very good friend and no not really. I'm going to see if he's deemed as evil and if he is... I'll kill him."

Silence surrounded the two but Katherine could see the sadness in his eyes and she couldn't help but feel jealous that he could just go about his life in this apocalypse and see the world.

"It must be nice out there.. this forest is all I know."

"Well it has its up and downs but if you're that curious, come along as my partner!"

"Really?"

Allister stands up and approaches the girl where he than places his hat on her head and reveals a gentle smile that causes her eyes to sparkle.

"Sure why not? Follow me and see the world you were always curious about. You should know, it can get scary! What do you say Katherine?"

"Kat.. call me Kat"

"Alright Kat, well once again! I'm Allister."

2