Chapter 3: Who do we support? Who do we protect?
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little girl was sleeping gently in her room until a gentle hand began nudging her, a beautiful woman with long crystal blue hair began talking to her daughter. The girl looked nothing like her mother, she had brown hair but it was the face that showed gave you every reason to believe they were related.

< Christine, it's time you inherited my gift and the duties that come with it. >

< Mother? What's going on? >

< I don't have much time. I have to go soon, so you have to protect this power for me okay? >

< I don't understand? where are you going mom? >

< There's some where I need to be, something only I can do.. but It might be too dangerous and I can't let this power fall into the wrong hands. Ha, I was never able to master it like your grandmother so I had to train in hand to hand combat and espionage to compensate for my lack of magical abilities. Perhaps it will be different for you.. I promise I'll explain everything in more detail upon my return okay? so be good to Mr. Henry for me >

The woman Flexed her muscles to show off her strength and tippy toed around the girls bed to show her movement carried no sound. She pressed her forehead to Christine's as blue light began to emit from her, the color vanished and the color of their hair switched with Christine now emitting a blight light.

< Mom look! My hair is blue just like yours... >

< That's right, I passed this gift onto you, now listen closely Christine. This gift was given to us by a powerful person in order to make us a guardian. A protector. >

< Protector? >

< One day that answer will be made very clear to you, If you find out before I get the chance to. Be careful using it in front of others. >

< Mom!! >

oh... it was just a dream, but why do I keep having it..

"Ahh! we're being robbed! no I mean.. we just got robbed!!"

"What?"

Chris quickly jumped out of bed and ran out the door in her pajamas.

--------------------------------------------------

It's been days since the prison break and news has been going around for all to hear, only details like these convicts escaping and their appearances except for the information on them having abilities. I made sure the authorities told the people to not take them lightly and to report anyone suspicious.. So why? Why is it so hard to find these guys?!

A girl was to busy thinking to herself as she walk through an abandon 4 story building, on the second floor she saw a room with limbs and bodies lying on top of each other. In the center? A boy with a blade pierced into a woman as her corpse was lifted off the ground, her heart being held in the palm of his hand. Laughing with such amusement as his head turned revealing red eyes, the one thing shining in the dark just like the girl.

"Lisa! What brings you here? Sorry but I already took care of the enemy. I couldn't save the human couple they had kidnapped"

"Kidnapped? They were working together. Part of some new group called The New Beginning... I've been tailing them in order to find the rest, maybe even a clue on who's leading these people"

"I know, I was following you but it got boring and ended with me killing them haha. A shame they didn't have abilities because I've been dying to see how strong they are compared to us and the only name I got was some guy called Ivan"

He's so annoying and on top of that.. He's an idiot

"Adrian, do you have to act like such a beast? Don't you think the way you handled this was.. oh I don't know.. Idiotic?"

"Ha, we're vampire's Lisa! As long as one has power, they can do what ever they please... Besides, I was told alive or dead! Why are you so soft anyways? what happened to that vampire pride you used to always go on about?"

Yea, I'm Annoyed. I wish he was still sleeping.. why didn't anyone tell me he woke up?!

"While you were still sleeping, my dad made me to go to school a few weeks after my last deep slumber in order to understand humans more. It wasn't so bad.. I made friends."

A soft smile appeared but just as quickly faded away once she remembered her surrounding and the boy she was talking to.

"That's hilarious! Keep doing that and you might actually become one! We feed on humans? Now that your dad and sister are out of the picture, we can finally go to how things were!"

"Don't get so cocky Adrian. If they surrendered or chased out, it's probably because they wanted it this way. Ha, I mean what could Will do if a fight did break out?"

"It's King William now, respect my fathers new title."

"Oops"

"Ahh! You really piss me off! You should count yourself lucky that you and your brother can still walk freely. You still think so highly of yourself and your family?"

"Isn't it obvious? My family is awesome and we're the strongest, well.. I know I'm definitely stronger than you."

"How about we see if your strength still holds water to my power now?"

"I'm ready when you are."

He licked the blood off his hands after tossing the heart, holding the blade in an offense position until his phone started to go off.

< What is it? What? What do you mean you found them half dead? Those useless girls! No need, I'll deal with them myself. >

"Sorry Lisa but something has come up, lets continue this next time!"

Adrian smiled and jumped out a nearby window, blending into the darkness of the night.

I wonder what that was about.. well whatever at least he's gone but now I'm stuck with cleaning his mess.. Will let him drink his blood at such a young age? I can't with these people.

Lisa was annoyed until someone stood behind her like an assassin but she didn't move a muscle.

"Al.. what are you doing here?"

"......."

A man with a mask spoke no words, he only stood there silently.

"Don't bother, I know I'm partly to blame for this.. I just wasn't expecting Adrian to go this far. Everything is going to change with Will in charge and the people might just rebel because of it! I've heard rumors of his future plans from Selena but such distraction will only last a while."

"......"

"And these prisoners are so hard to find half of the time! I mean one of them looks like a dam mummy for crying out loud and no one has seen it? I'm annoyed just thinking about it! This group calling themselves The New Beginning? What a stupid name!! I just can't.. Al. Please clean this up for me while I go see my stupid brother."

"....."

"What? he's been in dads library this whole time? Alright. I swear he's so lucky I'm finally on Summer Vacation! I might need to hit up the girls"

----------------------------------------

"Alright! Alright! I won't do it again! I'm sorry!!

"Nice one Chris! Now kick his ass!!

"Shut up you idiot!"

I swear he makes a scene every time!!

"What? He tried to rob the old man's shop."

"Well, what were you doing? I had to run out in my pajamas for this!"

"Well Mr. Henry went to take care of some stuff and I was organizing the clothes.. I didn't think he was going to take it and run."

Yea right, I bet he left his guard down because he never assumes the worst in people. What is gramps up to this time? He's been having us go out more to complete deliveries of customized clothes. His intentions must be to have us get used to the citizens and this city.. I mean he even got documents that officially made us his grand kids.

"Well whatever. How should we deal with you?"

Wait, where do I recognize him from?

A few seconds later Chris's face turn serious as she turned to Jorge

"Jorge, go tend to the shop.. Gramps might be there wondering what happened, as well as the police, send them this way"

"Alright but, are you going to be ok?"

"Of course, now go."

Chris watched as Jorge's figure got further away, once everyone went about their day. She dragged him to a nearby alley, pressing the man to the wall.

"So, do you know where Ivan is?"

"How? Were you at the prison? A fellow patriot! We've had to change locations because our previous location might have been leaked but don't worry. The rebellion continues! I am sorry, I didn't know that shop was taken, will you let me go?"

Rebellion? "That depends, tell me everything you know and we can talk about it after."

The man blushed at her gentle voice and saw an angel, how could he not have seen such a beauty in prison. 15 minutes passed and Chris returned to the shop after dealing with the man and the police, her result being that he knew their location and she could care less about a stranger even if they were in the same place together. He was a normal human, meaning he wasn't taken but actually arrested for a crime.

"How'd everything go? It looks like the the guys in blue didn't recognize you either! Guess we're in the clear."

"Yea thankfully, I have some news. I know where everyone is."

"Oh good you're back Christine, I have news!!"

"What is it this time?"

"Summer vacation just started so I decided to enroll you guys into an academy! For the new year of course"

"School?" "No way!"

"Your opinion is irrelevant here brat"

"What!" "Wait.. can you let me speak Jorge? This is kind of.. random you know? I mean, we're still on the run?"

"It's fine! you guys, will be fine! I have connections with the dean you know? I even made sure it said that you were home schooled so you guys can start as second year students.. Under different names. I'm willing to let you think about it, I mean you guys are free. Start thinking about the future, you have that choice now."

"No thanks old man, I'm good"

"What he means to say is, we will think about it.. after we get back! Get dressed Jorge and meet me outside in 10 minutes"

"Why?"

"Because your clothes are torn and because I said so!"

----------------------------------

The night before the problem at the man's shop, 2 siblings were just beginning to meet within a library know as the Forbidden Library that belonged to their family.

So this is dads library? These shelves or rather this building goes up for miles, I mean you can't even tell from the outside.. Magic? And what's with the huge tree in the center? Cherry blossoms?

"Hey Bro, I know you're here! At least clean up for yourself"

Lisa reached the second floor where she found a boy sitting on the ground with a stack of books next to him and the boy? Lost in his own world, reading.

Same old Gabriel.

"Hey Tito.."

"Only Liz calls me tha.. Oh Lisa, when did you get here?"

"Just now, when's the last time you got fresh air?"

"Forget that! Follow me, you have to see this!"

The two ascended to the next floor, a large table with books and documents were out in an unorganized fashion.

"Hmm okay, what am I looking at?"

"Did you ever know David's last name?"

"No and his name is dad"

"Anyways, I found out! his surname is Vasquez.. David Vazquez"

"And? Wait, there's no family lineage with the name Vasquez"

"Exactly! Meaning he might have been human before this"

"Did mom turn him? He did give us her name after all.. So I guess we aren't just the famous Chronicler's.. Lisa Vasquez.. I love it!"

"Already switching huh? And no. The way Liz described it, they met as vampires but there's also the fact that David has the characteristic of a full blood vampire that was birthed.."

"Spooky~"

"But there's more! these documents are on people Liz has been keeping tabs on.. A women with colored eyes named Lilith, a man named Damian with white hair and others like him, and some guy called Allister? I think I pronounced it right. Also a magic queen who bestows a special power to her guardians name Sophia Vega.. And!! And!!"

"Enough! I feel like I'm hearing a fairytale and I didn't even understand half the stuff you were talking about! More importantly.. Why didn't you do anything about the coup? You didn't even help dad."

"Why should I? He neglected his duty to the people and his kind, David had it coming! He changed after he killed the elders, our own grandfather, and.. Mom.. All that power got to his head."

"Mom? Will has been feeding you bullshit again hasn't he? Obviously he was in love with her and he wasn't even there so how would he know?"

"Yea and neither were you! Liz wouldn't even talk about it.. Dad dragged her into the darkness with him!"

"So you can call him dad.."

"I confronted Liz but she knocked me out before everything went down with the coup, not that I cared."

----

< Sister! Uncle Will is going after dad and you! Please don't Resist, if he forced you to be his accomplice.. than maybe he won't imprison you! >

Gabriel barged into the library where he found Liz packing and attaching 2 swords onto her waist.

< Sorry Tito, I don't plan on staying anyways. I can careless about all that stuff. >

< Sis.. >

< William can stay obsessed with revenge and the throne, it will all be meaningless for him in the end. You might not understand now, but you will someday. >

< ..... >

< Time for me to go Tito, What will you do? >

< I can't let you go! Lisa wouldn't either. >

< Sorry Tito. >

All Gabriel knew was that one second he was glaring at his sister until darkness fell upon him.

----

"She was leaving us no matter what. Maybe King William will make things better for everyone and if he doesn't, we'll stop him."

"He won't. Things will get worse, he only wants to make things better for our kind and by the time we try? Tt will be to late."

"Your just talking nonsense! He does have plans for the citizens of this city as well."

"So who do we support him? Our family? The people? Or our kind?"

-------------------------

"Where are we going Chris?"

"I had to wait until we left but.. I we're going to where Ivan is"

"Really? Lets go! We have to meet up with them."

"Yea.. they're by the docks, an abandon building like a Warehouse something"

"Alright! Lets..."

Jorge was ready to set off until he heard an angelic voice from a nearby restaurant which dragged his feet to its entrance without him even realizing it. His eyes were fixated on a woman singing, her black hair and dark blue eyes as she wore a long black dress.

"I think I'm in love Chris"

"Yea she's a beauty, that black hair would make you think she's a.. well you know."

"I could care less if she was.. I have to meet her!

"Alright Alright, next time."

The sun started to get lower and soon it was eventually dusk. The 2 were standing Infront of the very building they were looking for, talking to people that were keeping watch outside, all the while a familiar face came running to them

"Jorge!! you're here! and.. whose that with you?"

"Alex no! you cut your hair? but you were so beautiful"

"Ha! you're one to talk, but check out this man bun! Well at least we look better and your not trying to copy Ivan. You shouldn't brings girls here! Where's Chris??"

"She is Chris! The mummy you once knew is gone"

"That's right, you did tell us you were a girl"

"She told me that but I still don't remember!"

"Anyways, I heard you guys go by a nickname now Alex, what's up?"

"First, lets get Inside"

The three were in a room with the man called Ivan as he sat on a couch explaining their current predicament.

"So you guys moved because some of our people got caught and might even be dead?"

"That's right, 2 of them were just normal people helping us and even our guys didn't have any powers but they were still killed by powerful vampires"

Chris decided to cutoff Jorge and Ivan's conversation

"So Ivan, Why are you guys calling yourselves The New Beginning? Planning a rebellion? Perhaps.. war?"

"Chris!"

"Its alright Jorge. You guys weren't here so you don't know but yea. While we were escaping, it seems a coup happened and a new king now rules."

"So?"

"Ha , We heard rumors that he might start making slaves out of humans"

"...."

"What do you mean slaves?"

"Jorge, he plans on taxing people on their blood, now do you understand?"

"Alex, Do you actually believe this?"

"He does Chris. The previous king didn't care and made everyone equal. He just sat back and left everyone to their own devises.. I mean, he even had a human do all the leading but now that guy was imprisoned "

"How can we help?"

"Jorge are you crazy?"

"If he wants to help us, why stop him Chris? or should I call you.. Christine? even Alex supports us"

Chris began to glare at Ivan as the air around her started to get chiller to the point one can see their own breath

Don't think for a second you can fool me Ivan, you just want to be king and to hurt everyone the way they hurt you.. but I can't convince Jorge right now..

"Calm yourself Christine, You guys just head back for now and I'll contact you if anything comes up"

Later that night, the two were walking back threw the city in complete silence until Jorge broke the awkward atmosphere.

"What's with you? Do you not care what happens?"

"I do, I just don't trust what Ivan says or his methods.. he is up to something, we should just look out for ourselves."

"And what? go to school? Live Peacefully with Gramps while the others fight? Alex will need us!"

"Look its to risky! The vampires have lived for a long time and they're strong even if we have these powers. It won't be easy.. Maybe we can get the people to riot and protest in order to free the previous king or something"

"Yea, like the old king would even listen to people lower than him. You have to choose who you want to support! Our people? or just yourself! In other words, you'll be supporting them by not contributing"

Jorge began walking off, leaving Chris behind.

But I only care about protecting my family.. which you are a part of now.. JorgeCharacters in this chapter

1