Ch.19
438 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s been 2 years since the “Adam moment” of being recognized as sickly, as he is now 4 years old. Adam and Graham are inside the living room, particularly just loafing around. Though it is said that they’re loafing around, Graham is actually staying in the house for now because he can “feel” that he really is close to unlocking the new level of his craft.

“Huh? A magic to make you taller?”

Graham put down the notes he was currently reviewing as he replied to Adam.

“Yes, great uncle! I want to know if you have any.”

This is the best chance to ask him now that it’s finally just the two of us.

Adam’s hair gently swayed as he moved closer to hear Graham’s reply.

Adam has grown a bit taller and now his hair has also grown longer so he had to tie it in a low ponytail just so it doesn’t spread all over the place. He is now in a similar situation as his Father, where if he just let his hair flow, people will just instantly assume that he’s a girl, and will quickly doubt it if he declared that he’s a boy!

“I don’t have any, but… I do have something close to it.”

“Really?!” Adam asked excitedly.

“If I may ask, is there a problem with your height right now.”

The color instantly drained from Adam’s face as he started to look down and replied,

“……………………..No.”

“Why did it take you so long to reply? You shouldn’t worry, you’re still a child, you have more room to grow. You can trust me in this; I am a doctor.”

Although he has grown, he is still short. He kept hearing things that when Ana and Gain were the same age as him, they were two heads taller. Adam was also quite tall in the previous world he was in, at least taller than the average. But now he’s some sort of shorty that he feels like he didn’t get a single tall gene from his parents. If this goes on, he’ll be shorter than C! That’s why he’s starting to develop a complex about his height.

“But I still want to try and get taller! There shouldn’t be a problem if it was just temporary and I can go back safely, right?”

“Hmm…” Graham contemplated it for a bit. “Well, it’s not getting taller per se, but it does change the body. I can try and modify the structure just so it does what you want it to – get taller. Do you want me to show it to you?”

“Let’s do it!”

If possible, I want you to explain it in detail too!

“I can’t do it on you, Haha!” Graham ruffled the top of Adam’s head. “Though I’m tempted to see what will happen if it’s used on you, but your father will probably beat me up for it.”

Graham stood from the sofa and went to a larger open space of the living room.

“You see, this is what is.” Graham took a chalk from one of his inner coat pocket.

A… chalk? Is it a magic tool?

Graham then squatted down on the floor and started drawing circles.

“I call it {Transmogrify}. Hmm… I may have to clean this up later.”

Oh, it was just normal chalk.

“May I know what you’re doing, great uncle?”

“Is this the first time you’ve seen one? I’m drawing a magic circle.”

“I’ve heard about it from mama, but she never really showed me one.”

“I see, I’ll tell you about them as I draw mine, as this one has many complex formulas and equations.”

Wow, are you just going to tell me as is without sugarcoating things like I am a 4-year-old? Just as expected with the eccentric doctor! He might even tell me about the actual theory behind it without skimming through things.

“This magic circle can be done by physically drawing it, though it can be drawn by other means” Graham kept drawing more circles.

*Nod nod*

The circles look perfectly round as if it was done by a machine, it makes Adam wonder if this is exclusive to Graham, or maybe it’s just inherent to the people of this world to be proficient and even found a way to be precise about drawing circles because it has “magic” to it.

Graham pointed to a small circle he drew earlier. “This will be where I place my own measurements, down to the exact number of it, but it should be fine even if you have a discrepancy that’s about 3% from your current measurements.”

He then continued writing in numbers and words using the language of this world within the circle, while using the circle itself as the baseline for it.

So, it would fail if the measurements were wrong? What’ll happen if it’s wrong?

“You might implode or explode if it’s wrong.” Graham continued scribbling in a nonchalant way.

What the! That’s scary! Why are you saying it as if it was just a matter of fact!?

He then continued to point at another circle. “This is where the formula for mana should be usually placed, but once you’ve mastered how the equations usually go, you can basically put it wherever you want. I’m placing it here, just so you know the basics.”

“I see, I see.” Adam nodded to Graham’s explanation like a disciple listening to his master.

“On this circle, is where you place the changes you want to have, this magic requires knowledge, awareness of what you’re writing, and what they mean whether they have two meanings or not. Presence of mind is essential.”

Graham then linked each circle creating a complex shape as if he was an artist too.

“Then this is where….”

“… and that’s all of it. I’ll repeat this, do not alter the safety measure circle. Circles don’t usually have it, but I gave one mine because the surroundings can be unpredictable, and the result may become dangerous.”

What ended was a very complex array of circles, symbols, shapes, patterns, letters, and form that you’d think Graham just used a program on a computer to generate a magic circle of such caliber. It spreads across the floor and almost reaches a wall.

This is going to be a pain to clean up.

“It looks so cool!” Adam is genuinely amazed.

“Additional information. Magic circles are on a case-by-case basis. So, this process is only applicable to my {Transmogrify}. You’ll have a different result if you use this same method on a different type of magic entirely.”

“I’ll remember it.”

“Good, good. You might become a magician one day.”  Graham genuinely praised Adam because he listened obediently all throughout; he ended up enjoying the process of teaching because he felt like Adam could understand all of it, even though that would be impossible since Adam is still a child and probably just nodded because out of habit.

There is a slight problem with that logic. The problem is… Adam really understood it all!

“So, great uncle, how do you make it work.”

“That is, you stand at the center of the circle and activate it with mana.” Graham then got up and stood in the middle of the circle.

But I don’t know how to use mana yet Adam recalled one of the circles that was places earlier, he then recited the information back as if he was in a class. “Then we can just use the circle that was made earlier where it can take mana from the surroundings to activate it, correct?”

“Hmhm~.” Graham nods in an amused manner. “Good work, you remembered that part. Yes, we can use that, however, {Transmogrify} requires more mana to activate it that the mana from the surroundings is not enough. Unless you made the circle that is very close to a “mana vein” then that would be the only time it will be more than enough.”

So, the mana from the surroundings isn’t enough, but he explained earlier that… hmm… hehe. Adam smirked as he thought of a way to activate the circle by making the circle require less mana.

“For that circle, it’s only use now is to lighten the load on myself so that I don’t expand more mana from myself. Think of it as a free additional mana pool if you will.”

“You’re amazing, great uncle!”

“Haha! Of course I am! I didn’t make it this far just by slacking around!” He spread his arms as if to marvel at the praise.

“What does {Transmogrify} actually do?”

Though Graham kept calling it that, Adam still doesn’t know what it really does. He just knows that it can somehow modify the body, but to what extent?

“Hmhm~, you can step back a bit, I’ll be starting it now.”

Following Graham’s words, Adam stood 10 steps away. That made Graham blankly look at him a bit before continuing.

There wasn’t any visible way Graham moved, he just stood there motionlessly, then the circle slowly started glowing as if it was a material that lightly glows in the dark. It must’ve been activated triggered by the changes in mana because Adam didn’t see anything.

Graham’s red coat ends started to rise as if it became weightless and then sparks of lightning followed suit. There weren’t any majestic sound effects one would expect upon seeing a magic circle activated, it’s almost like seeing welding in progress as the sound is only coming from those lightning sparks that sometimes appear.

*Bzt bzt Pop*

*Bzt*

It was then that Graham’s body started glowing as if he was transforming into light. Though his clothes and other accessories weren’t glowing with him, that he started to look like a clothed lighthouse.

*Creak creak creak pop*

Then the sound of bones being readjusted and relocated resounded the entire room. Graham didn’t have much of a reaction, it is to be expected, since one of the circles had a pain suppression formula in it. However, Adam looks horrified as he personally kept hearing bones creaking and popping from 10 steps away. Even making him double think if experiencing this just to get taller is worth it.

Graham’s figure got shorter, at least 5cm shorter, then his body that was just as bright as a fluorescent light, started to dim down and started to show patches of his white smooth skin. Then finally, the circle started to turn back to normal, signifying the end of the magic.

“This is my {Transmogrify}.”

A high-pitched voice came out of a smaller Graham.

Adam was wide-eyed in surprise as to what [Transmogrify] actually does.

“G-great uncle?”

“Of course, it’s still me Haha!” His voice wasn’t deep anymore, it really was smooth and high pitched. Hearing it the first time just made Adam think that he just heard it wrong.

“Oops.” When Graham started to walk out of the circle, his white pants almost slipped off to the ground because it became loose. Good thing he caught it in time before Adam saw his underwear.

“I have to adjust my belt now.” Graham pulled on his belt to make it tighter while walking closer to Adam, but because of his shorter height the pants looked baggy. His waist looked slimmer, the hips were somewhat wider and there also seemed to be two new bulges on his chest. Overall, his clothes became oversized, like a girlfriend or wife who just wore their partner’s uniform for the heck of it. Maybe even sister messing with their brother because there’s a resemblance in looks.

This is unmistakably a female; Graham has turned into a girl!

There is still resemblance to Graham from before, but his once handsome face has become smaller and rounder; one could say she looks beautiful. Although the length of her hair didn’t change, it still fits her.

This reminded Adam of one of the lessons his mother taught him about Transformation magic, so he voiced his opinion in it. “Great uncle, is this some kind of transformation magic?”

“Hmph, unlike those low-leveled magic that’s almost the same as illusory spells, my {Transmogrify} act as if this was how I originally looked in the first place. Even if they use any kind of {Dispel} on my magic, it won’t work. Truly, one of my greatest works! A magic that’s almost crossing the realm of [Unique]’s. My {Transmogrify} hasn’t been used by anyone other than me, so it can be really called [Unique]!” Graham swayed her body left and right in excitement.

She’s really proud of this one.

“So, I can’t use this magic, great uncle?”

Graham lightly shook her head. “You can use it, as long as you know the process of it and have enough mana for it. The difference between a [Unique] and normal magic is that you can teach normal magic to others. But mine has only been used by me and known by me! Haha!” Then Graham looked at Adam on her side.

“Ahem, I guess you also know about it now too. Anyway, don’t tell your mama about this magic. She might… force me to stay in this form a lot longer than I would’ve liked.”

This magic is amazing if what Graham said is true. He would’ve become an instant national treasure in the previous world if he was present there with this magic. But there’s a problem here that Adam didn’t really like.

“Uncle, but you didn’t grow tall at all! I think you’ve become smaller instead!”

“Nothing to worry about since it’s a magic only I developed. I made it so that you can modify the parameters and just change that you’ll be taller, I am just used to it being defaulted into… uh, this form, but it will work; it has to!”

Graham then walked back near to her magic circle, but she suddenly wobbled a bit and tipped over a vase that was placed on a nearby nesting table.

It looks like all the stress to try and shorten the 5 years into 2 years is finally taking its toll on her.

Graham let out a girly shriek. “O-oh no!”

*Catches*

“Oomph.” Adam easily caught it with amazing reflex and speed, even though he was about seven steps away from that vase.

I can’t put my finger to it, but it feels like I can tolerate female Graham more than the male one. Adam then neatly placed the Vase back on the nesting table.

Privilege, am I right?

“Amazing reflexes!” Graham gave a thumbs up. “It feels like it was just yesterday that you were always sickly.” Graham even tilted her head up and closed her eyes as if to reminisce.

Why are you getting sentimental now?

Adam blinked at Graham’s reaction; this was the first time he witnessed Graham brought up the past in all the years he had seen him. 

Though, it makes one wonder, what is the reason to develop such a magic?

I should ask what he used this form for.

“Great uncle, what did you use this magic for?”

“Right, you might be curious.” She shrugged both of her shoulders and lifted her hands up. “It’s nothing much, really. I just needed a live, breathing, conscious specimen to study, so I had to open myself up.”

…What?

That made Adam step back even further and have goosebumps all over his body.

I feel like I just heard something extremely illegal, but let’s not dwell on it… can we really just brush that off???

“…I also tried to experience- hmph” Graham instantly covered her mouth. “I shouldn’t be narrating about something like “that”, to a child.”

What…. What is it?? Did you do “it”? you did “that”? you did “it”!? You must’ve done “it” didn’t you!?

Adam’s getting a little excited that he started to look a little red. But he quickly shook his head in a very fast manner to immediately vanquish the thought, because Graham is acting really weird as if there’s a different persona in this form. Does magic actually also change one’s personality to better suit the form?

What’s wrong with Graham today? It feels like he’s getting sloppy and slipping up more than once now.

As if noticing Adam’s questioning gaze. Graham started to become conscious that there really is something amiss with him today.

*Sigh* “I should return back to normal; I’m feeling a little weathered than usual for some reason.”

Graham went back to the center of the circle. Since it was a circle made by her, she made it so that the same circle can be used to revert back to her original body.

“Can’t forget the belt! We don’t want to be squeezed and out of breath when normal now.” Graham readjusted her belt to better suit the way she was back before. Though it is back to being loose now, so she has to hold it with her hand.

Graham looked over to Adam, only to see that he was already 10 steps away again already, making her speechless for a bit. “…I will try to modify it so that it’ll just be making you taller, Adam.”

“Thank you, Great uncle!” Adam raised his voice in the distance of safety.

“Haha, you really are cute~.”

I feel like he’s more open in this form.

The circle then started to dimly glow, and the coat started to rise again. The two are now just waiting for the magic circle to finish.

“…”

“…”

By this point, Graham’s skin should start glowing, however.

“…?”

*fizzle*

The circle suddenly stopped glowing and Graham didn’t return to normal.

“Um… Great uncle?” Adam called out to Graham worryingly.

“…..rn back.” Graham murmured something in a low voice.

“Huh?”

“I can’t turn back? Why can’t I turn back!?”

“What!?”

“I-I can’t turn back!? How?! I’ve done this so many times before! Why is this happening now!”

Graham looked all over her circle in a panic.

“Did the formula change while I’m not looking?! Did dust manage to alter one the circle? Why, why, why!” She frantically looked over each circle and crawled on all fours. Her hips kept swaying in the air as she carefully inspected each and every circle below her.  “It’s correct, correct, correct… nothing’s changed!”

The raised butt looked nice to look at, mesmerizing even, as if it’s trying to invite someone to just…. Slap it! But Graham looks really panicked here and Adam is really starting to worry, so there’s not much time for jokes.

“Um… Great uncle, I think you should… Calm down.” Did something go wrong? Good thing I went 10 steps away, it looks like he can’t figure out what the main reason is either. And he might’ve blamed me if I was that nearby.

“Ah! Yes yes, Calm. I am calm…” Graham sat on a w position on the floor and did a long-winded exhale. “Hnn!?”

But she made a sound comparable to a squeaking toy and just stopped moving as if she turned into a statue.

“Is there a problem, great uncle?”

“….Uuuu.. Adam. Do you know where your mama could be?” She sounded really pitiful.

“I think she’s currently outside of the house for now, teaching some lessons.”

“I-I can’t go out like this just to meet her!”

“??? Didn’t you just say I shouldn’t tell her about this? Why are you trying to meet her now?”

“Please! Do you have any way to contact her?!”

“Well, I can talk to Emily just outside and tell her to call mama.”

“T-that’s going to take too long! Hng!” She suddenly hunched down and held the lower part of her stomach, her face showing a sharp pained expression.

“G-great uncle!” T-This looks really bad!

Adam moved instinctively to assist Graham from his pain by going near her.

*Raise*

However, he got stopped by Graham raising a palm directed at him.

“Hng…! J-just call Emily inside. I’ll… talk.. hn! To her.”

“O-okay!”

Adam backed off and immediately went outside to get Emily.

*Opens*

“Young master…?”

Emily is just stationed outside the door because Adam told her that he has something private to discuss with his Great Uncle about. A private matter just regarding his height.

“Emily! G-great uncle is…..!”

.

.

.

.

.

 

Ch.19 end. ~~~Wanting to become taller in another world~~~

 

Hello! We finally got to the first Gender bending shenanigans. There’s definitely more to come! I managed to write this kind of quickly because it just started flowing naturally. That must be a good thing. I definitely didn’t lose any progress while writing this. Anyway, when do you think Adam would get the GB treatment? We are close to the “important scenario” so it’s only a matter of time! Take care! - February 22, 2024 

 

 

 

 

12