Ch.21.1
353 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

•••Insight of Chapter 20•••

“Fwooo~”

Creed softly blew air near Graham’s ear.

“Hyi!?

Graham’s whole body uncontrollably shivered, it made her legs weak, and she instantly fell onto the floor.

*Badump badump badump badump badump*

Her heartbeat erratic, her breathing rapid, her head in a daze, her eyes flickering, and her body warming up, yet she doesn’t feel like moving as if she has lost all of her strength to even flinch.

Wha- what is this? What’s happening to me? What am I feeling?

*Badump badump badump*

The sound of her heart is so loud, its beating is getting faster that it also drowns the other noises that are happening outside of her.

W-Why is this happening? This is… too excessive of a reaction… an illness?... I-it must be. I think I’ve encountered a similar…. A similar case like this before, what-what is it again…?

She’s trying to think of all the cases she had, but she can’t think of one, everything feels cloudy; her exhaustion isn’t helping either, usually he can keep on thinking even if he could barely move from having been mentally and physically drained.

Looks like there’s a difference in tenacity too.

*Badump Badump* I can’t think of anythiing..! The cause, what is it!? What. is. the cause!?

As if to try and think one last time with the help of the heavens, her eyes subconsciously followed the black boots that’s in front of her, the black pants, the white shirt, and finally, the face.

…Creed…Creed…

*BADUMP BADUMP*

White-silver hair, fair skin, and sharp eyes. He looks like a girl at times, especially if he has an untied hair. Yes, he’s handsome, beautifully handsome.

He… doesn’t look that bad… he’s actually pretty… especially his eyes… I love his eyes…

*BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP*

She felt her face start to get hot, and her heartbeat started getting even faster. Creed looks really dreamy right now, almost as if one can see highlights and sparkles due to how charming he is.

Creed?... Eyes….? Love…?.... charming??? Charming.. Charm..! It’s CHARM!!! I got charmed?!!??! Oh my God!

Graham right thereafter broke her eyes off on Creed and immediately tilted her head to the side.

*Badump badump*

Though aware of it, she is not easily getting out of it. That’s the terrifying ability of Charm, its effect lingers even if you know you’ve been hit by it. What’s more if you weren’t aware, you might spend your whole life loving a person because it was their ability and not because you actually loved them.

I should’ve instantly recovered…! What kind of thoughts are these for my niece’s husband!? How vexing….!

Her thoughts are easily getting filled with a number of Creeds, even though most of the memories were just him getting scared and getting messed around with, it was still a “fun” memory containing Creed.

Do… I have to do it? I- don’t want to do this… But I might do something idiotic if this goes on!

“H-h! Y—r- -v—n w—k—r -n th-s f-rm. Gr-h-m!”

There were noises around her, but she couldn’t discern who or what they were talking about.

Ugh… I really have to do it… My mind is just filled with…. This person! Think… even if I’m tired, I can remember a different…. person who left the biggest impression….

“Hey, Graham!”

A cheerful voice of a woman is heard, though there was neither her silhouette nor even her shadow appeared.

“C-n’t sp—k n-w, c-n y--? H-w -b—t- !”

There were more undiscernible noises.

“You should go out more often.”

It was said casually without any form of mockery toward him. This time her brown leather boots were starting to form.

“Look! I brought this frog, isn’t it cute?”

There was a floating green frog with yellow stripes that was being presented in front of him, just above the woman’s legs that had formed revealing a fit brown pants with belts on a thigh and the waists. Each belt is adorned with pouches on its side.

“Come on! Just try to go out!”

She was tugging on his arm which creased his white long-sleeved coat, her hands were wearing a fingerless leather glove, it was a bit muddy that his white coat got clear and visible stains on them.

Along her slender arms were rolled up sleeves that were white but a bit yellowish because of how many times it’s been used and washed. There were leather pads on her shoulders and finally a leather vest that’s worn over her long-sleeved shirt.

“Here! Thanks for personally commissioning me to gather medicinal herbs, though, is it okay to pay more than usual? I don’t mind it though, not going to refuse a higher salary!”

She happily handed over a sack worth of herbs, now her soft lips are visible, along with her well-shaped chin. Still, her face was covered in fog and her hair is still not seen.

“This is amazing, this small rock can cure diseases and illnesses. More potent than potions and salves? This is great! You can save so many people with this!”

She was smiling while holding a white oval shaped rock, about half the size of the tip of a pinky. She’s donning a half up ponytail where only the part of her bangs is tied up just so it doesn’t cover her eyes, having a chin length messy red hair and eyes that are yellow in color. She looks a bit tomboyish but is cute all in all.

Ah, Carol… I’ve known you for so long… you had the one of brightest smiles I’ve seen…

“Graham! You went out? Are you worried about me? Haha! Don’t be, this is just a simple escort mission.”

Graham told Carol he heard news about a disease that spread around the empire.

“The earliest city of the empire is about two months of distance away; I’m only going to a nearby village. It’s only 3 days’ worth of distance! Besides, we have you! You’ll definitely create a cure, right?”

Graham didn’t say much, he just stayed silent.

“Why the long face? Were you planning something? Like… proposing perhaps?”

Graham was shocked, and he tilted his head down as he slowly started to redden.

“Haha! What’s with that reaction? It’s Just a joke, a joke, silly! No way you’ll do that right, there has been many other women that has been visiting your infirmary. They are better choices than an adventurer like me whose hands are rough and a bit muscular; I can’t compare with their smooth and soft skin.”

The carriage had arrived, and the coachman told Carol to hop in already.

“Ah! Just in time, see you later Graham!”

Carol jumped into the carriage sitting on the end of the seat, she happily waved at him as the carriage continued to gain distance, he softly waved at her by then. Once it was out of town, Carol stopped waving then turned alert to her surroundings.

Graham took a small box from his pocket then looked back at the carriage that is about the size of fist now due to distance.

I….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Couldn’t save her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her vision started to blur. Something warm has been releasing on her eyes and it’s going down to her cheeks then to her chin. It was tears, a streak of tears just continued to flow on Graham’s face without any hint of ever stopping.

Her breath is heavy, and her heartbeat is still fast, but not for the same reason as earlier.

She had finally gotten out of Creed’s charm, but the price was high in her current state. She’s very emotional, something he was used to bottling up. Even her exhaustion is taking its absolute toll.

“You can stop teasing my uncle now.” Serena dragged Creed away from Graham. “Sorry Uncle! Creed isn’t aware of how devastating that move is.”

Graham finally regained consciousness over her surroundings, but her tears are still not stopping.

“Uncle?”

She’s still motionless, trying her best to calm herself down.

“Great uncle…?”

Adam’s footsteps can clearly be heard walking closer, close enough that he managed to lean over and see her face. He was visibly taken aback. A reaction she wasn’t expecting.

That gave her an emotional overload of just wanting to run away from this place.

*Stands*

Thereafter quickly ran away without looking back nor even trying to fix herself. She just went straight to the door not minding who ever saw her.

“Uncle!?”

*Slam*

“Haa… ha.. Haa…” She continued running in the halls without stopping.

There were other servants there, but she just can’t think of anything else other than to get back to her room as fast as possible.

“Huh?”

“?”

Some servants finally noticed the staggering and crying maid who looked like a mess. She still just kept sloppily running.

Then she tripped.

“Careful!”

A male servant tried to catch her fall, but…

*Drip*

The servant only caught a droplet of tears. It was as if she never even existed. She was there, her footsteps were there, there was another witness to say that she was there. But she literally just vanished, not even a sound of how she vanished in thin air was heard. The only thing that she left was the tear.

“G-Ghost?”

“I-is it?”

The two servants shuddered in fear.

*Thud*

Graham fell face flat on the floor.

“Ha.. haaa.. Ugh… Carol… sniff.”

Looking up from her position, she noticed that she was back to her room.

“Ugh… sniffle…. Ha…ha…”

She hurriedly stood up and walked over to a cabinet, there she retrieved a box similar to her memories.

“C-carol… uuuh….”

*Thud* She dropped on her current spot while still crying.

She’s exhausted, that is true. The way to get out of that charm was mentally draining. At least she’s glad that that was over.

Dragging herself out onto the floor to her bed, she held the box and opened it. Revealing a silver ring that didn’t have any indication that they were ever removed from it.

“Sniffle…. I… couldn’t save you.”

Graham closed the box again; tears and snot were soaking her bed.

“I… couldn’t save you…”

“…I… couldn’t..”

“..Save..”

“.you.”

She slowly fell asleep hugging the closed box in her arms.

 

 

Chapter 21.1 end. ~~~A way to get out from a charm~~~

 

 

Hello. Sorry about the short chapter. I was sad on the passing of Akira Toriyama, I've been thinking what would happen to my childhood called "Dragon Ball" now that he's gone, I've been thinking what would happen to Dragon Ball Daima and the franchise as a whole now that he's gone. Rest in peace. I just wasn't feeling writing this when I literally heard the news of him passing. That's also why I kind of had to make a short sad chapter... Anyway... no drawings for now... still not feeling it... Take Care. - March 15, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8