Ch.13
585 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huh? Who is that?

Looking towards the entrance, with Adam’s eyes finally adjusted. A presence so radiant that it feels like there’s something divine about it.

A woman with long smooth white-silver hair that reaches hips, wearing a gold eyeliner which compliments the neutral color of the brown eyes, red glossy lips, a blue dress with a slit up to the thigh on one side which reveals a very dark stocking, while wearing a buttoned white furred long-sleeved cardigan over the dress, and white diamond-like 3-inch heels.

The way she walked carried elegance, calmness, and a fiery attitude. Her long hair swayed as she walked, and her posture showed no signs of even a single instability.

She is just stunning; she would’ve been the most beautiful girl Adam has seen in this world if only she weren’t flat as a board. There doesn’t seem to be any visible plumpness on that chest area.

“…!”

It looks like she was shocked by seeing us at the center, because she stopped walking midway through it.

““…””

Everyone, excluding Ana and Gain, seems to have felt that there’s some sort of shift in the air because of how abrupt this lady stopped. 

The two siblings, however, were just too excited to utter a word. The servants started to feel that it was a bit hot and their faces a bit flushed as they adjusted the collar on their uniforms trying to get some air.

“Biiiig sis! Hehe.”

Gain took the initiative to speak since no one seemed to bother saying any word.

“…Yes?”

Her voice was low in volume, but it was soothing to the ears. She was smiling, though it looks like she’s feeling a little uncomfortable despite her earlier courageous catwalk because her face is slightly flushed and is also twitching.

Wait, is this the actual “younger sister” that Lilac mentioned? Maybe she just said it wrong? That’s not it, she wouldn’t have pointed at me when she mentioned “younger sister”, Ana and Gain also wouldn’t have been confused. But they know that we have another older sibling, since when? There wasn’t a single mention of her existence.

“Olderr Sister! ~” Ana followed allowing with a skip while pulling Adam with her. “You~ better~ start playing along better.”

Ana is smiling, but somehow there’s a bone chilling pitch in her voice, and her eyes have a glint of domineering imposition, as the temperature near her also somewhat started to get hotter. The servants, although a bit flushed their sweat has started forming because of the small increase in temperature.

It feels like it’s getting hotter here, but Ana seems to be enjoying this situation...? Adam looked at the face of his not oldest sibling anymore.

This Older sister tucked her lips for a moment, it was fast that you would’ve missed it if you blinked at that exact moment, she then showed a smile befitting image.

“Yes~ Older sister is here. ~”

she said as she lightly crossed her arms. The corner where the hand was behind an elbow suddenly creased, as if she gripped the hem of her Cardigan very tightly.

“Oldwer Sister?”

“…” The lady stood silent on seeing Adam, her eyes are conveying as if it’s begging to stop this already. Though Adam doesn’t notice that, because it does look pretty similar to other people’s gazes of adoration for him.

Looking at her features closely, she does have one of the family traits of having white-silver hair. Her face actually looks similar to Ana, it’s almost as if she was an older, mature version of her. The way the make-up is applied, even without any experience of it himself, Adam can tell that it’s top-notch.

The real problem really is just the chest department. Even though she’s wearing quite a big Cardigan, with Adam’s ‘trained’ eyes at this distance, he can instantly confirm that she doesn't have any sort of chest.

“Older sister~ it’s not good to ignore your youngest sibling like that.” Ana said in a tone that was like talking to a child to open their mouth for the airplane.

This looked weird for Adam to see that the younger sibling is bossing around the one that’s actually older than her. Well, this family already feels weird as is, so he didn’t mind it much.

“Kukuku…” Gain seems to be trying to hold his breath back. “Big sis, you don’t have to grill her for this. Is this revenge for-“

“Maybe I’ll have a younger sister too.”

“…” Gain instantly tucked his own lips.

Wait, mother is pregnant!? Since when?

Adam moment.

It came as a shock for Adam to hear this kind of conversation take place. A hidden older sister, now a new younger sibling? What’s next? Grandpa being the king of the country?

Adam was just in a daze seeing how little he knows about what’s happening to his family despite being near them most of the time. He’s dazed in such a way that he’s just blankly staring at the white-silver-haired lady without Adam noticing it himself.

That made the lady conscious of Adam who was just looking at her directly and was also motionless with the occasional blinking. So, she decided to strike up a conversation first.

“H-Hello, little one. What’s your name?”

She leaned on her thighs to talk to Adam because of the massive height difference between them.

“...! I-Im Adam! B-Bwigger sis, what’s your name?”

Her voice snapped him back, causing him to be conscious that he has actually been staring at her for a long time that he became a bit flustered and felt awkward that he instinctively asked her name too.

“Ah… I’m…”

She scanned around her surroundings, she saw some of the servants looking at her who immediately broke contact with her, then she finally made eye contact with Ana, who just silently narrowed her eyes upon meeting hers. Not able to endure a long staring contest with Ana, she just meekly looks down at the floor and said,

“……Elcesta”

“Hm?” Adam didn’t catch that, so he just cutely tilted his head to the side while moving his index finger pointing near his lips.

“I didn’t quite hear it, older sister. Adam wouldn’t have been able to hear that too.” Ana urged her haughtily.

“…Elcesta.”

“Pardon?”

She seemed to be shaking in anger as she continued to look down. It made Adam a bit worried that this lady might suddenly lash out, considering Ana isn’t the patient type either and for some reason Ana is very eager to push her buttons?

Well, in actuality she’s just shaking in embarrassment.

“It’s Older sister Elcesta!” Elcesta sharply looked up with her face beet red toward Ana.

“Pfft..”

Brother Gain, just laugh if you feel like there’s something funny, there’s no need to hold back.

Anyway, this lady looked red as a tomato when she looked up and mentioned her name. There must’ve been something embarrassing about it that Adam doesn’t know about. Because right now, he’s clearly clueless because there’s literally nothing to be embarrassed about your own name.

Well, maybe she isn’t used to the dress and having a large crowd around?

“My name is Elcesta, Adam…” This time she calmly mentioned it to him.

“Oh! What a pwetty name!” Adam really thinks so, “Older swister! Where have you been?”

“Ah, I’ve been… living somewhere far away… I only had the chance to visit now.”

Far away? This village is already secluded from what I heard. Is there anywhere more safe than this village?

That didn’t stop Adam from having doubts about her existence. Though he has a way to confirm it right away, a very easy one.

Adam let go of Ana’s hand, which made Ana try to catch his hand again, but seeing that he went to the side, at least closer to the lady, she refrained.

He can now see the three of them, Ana, Gain and Elcesta on both sides, who were all directly looking at him. And so, Adam spoke,

“Older Swister! Is Papa also your Papa?”
I need to be frank about this then observe the reaction of my siblings. Even the most miniscule movement will be recorded in my memory. I can analyze it now or later.

Man is it easy to be a child and have a recorder like brain.

“No.”

What!?

Elcesta replied fast, it was like the most natural response to a person that greeted them and with how nonchalant the tone was, it sounded like the answer was a matter of fact. It even looked like she wasn’t aware that she just straight up said ‘no’ in an instant.

This made Ana and Gain instantly snap their heads toward her.

“Er… I mean, I’m your A-aunt. But I’ll prefer it if you call me an… Older Sister… too.”

“Oh, ah… Whuts an ‘aunt’?” Of course, I know what it is, better to hear it in person. Ana literally called me ‘youngest sibling’ when she was talking to her, and now she’s an aunt?

“I’m your papa’s… Sister.” She looked to the side as sweat rolled down her cheek.

“…”

“…”

She is… Lying! Ana and Gain look a bit displeased but aren’t really looking at her like she’s a fraud. This is quite confusing! I really don’t like it when the probability has been cut in half or something. Whatever, we can probe her for more because of what Emily said earlier that “the master has arrived” and now we’re welcoming Elcesta.

“…I heard from a mwaid that ‘the master has arrived’ but where is Papa? Are you also a ‘Master’, Older sister Elkesta?”

Adam upon mentioning that, attained the look of everyone around him. Be it looks of awe and genuine surprise. But the ones who’re surprised the most were his relatives; they feel like he’s slowly unraveling something he doesn’t know by asking questions and relying on what he has already heard.

Which made them remember of what they have told Adam, be it white lies, or small harmless notions; this child might hold a grudge for a long time if he can remember a small detail like this.

Ana literally just recalled that she pertained Adam as the ‘youngest sibling’ to Elcesta, now this Elcesta woman decided that she’s an aunt. Which made Ana glare at her.

That made Elcesta all the more nervous. It somehow feels really hot in here that she started using a handkerchief that’s also really beautiful with a good deal of flower embroidery over her forehead even though she wasn’t sweating on that area.

Was I too astute? Nope, brain gave a pass about it so it’s probably fine. I do remember some children, who remember where the toys are placed, even by just seeing it once. Even figuring out how to open that box in which the toys are stored.

“I… I suppose I am also a ‘Master’ here, Adam. Yes. Your papa’s still a bit busy, he’ll be here soon…”

…Huh? That father who loves my mother very much, who would quite literally do anything for her, will be late…? Dafuq? Wasn’t mother pregnant? Did he finally attempt to buy some milk?

Ana massaged her temples a bit, “Yes… Father will be a little late. No need to worry about him.”

“Don’t worry Adam, he’ll be here in a bit.”

Ana and Gain reassured Adam, but it looks more like they were backing-up Elcesta at this very moment.

Hmm… seems like they’re also in on this. At least this confirms that they are pretty close to cover for each other without any visible prompts. I don’t have to grill Ana about earlier either.

“Okey!”

It wasn’t that noticeable, but the 3 of them collectively breathed a sigh of relief.

“I see, so, C-can we move to another location now?” Elcesta meekly said as she glanced at the people around them.

The servants on the side are not moving on their spot, they’re very still, like statues. That it’s starting to be a bad thing that they’re so still, it now feels awkward to see them unmoving, that it’s hard to see them in a disciplined light. Them being slightly red doesn’t help either; it’s like they’re getting secondhand embarrassment.

Lilac is in a corner, she’s so thankful that she didn’t go to the center with them. That kind of embarrassment would just make her want to melt like a puddle of soup on the spot.

“Not yet, Older sister.” Ana crossed her arms.

It also made Gain look at her questionably.

“H-huh…? Why? I’m just supposed to walk-“

“A bit of a – change of plans.”

“A… a change of plans?”

This was planned?

Even the servants were surprised. Yes, they were informed to be there and clean up afterwards. But this is new, they don’t know if it’s just Ana’s whim or if it really was planned beforehand and they just weren’t told about it.

A few of them looked at the old butler who announced the master’s arrival which was stationed on the second floor overseeing the entrance.

He’s as calm as can be and just continued to observe. That means, he knows about this “change of plans”.

One thing these servants present here collectively realized. Even now, they’re still being tested! A test to see what they will do in an unexpected situation. This must be related to the rumor that they’re finally going to start hiring for long term employment here. What a pressure, now there’s a chance in front of them to be evaluated to stay working here.

The air started to feel heavy, a combined emotion of nervousness, determination, anxiousness, suspense, thrill, eagerness, and the sort. Waiting for what they need to do an improv on.

They actually started to sweat a bit, some are second guessing whether to use their handkerchief or to maintain position. The watchful eye of the old butler on the second floor seems to be towering them like a big shade against the sunlight.

Eventually, another set of steps came from the entrance.

*Thuk*

All of them heard those footsteps which made them look towards it.

*Thuk Thuk Thuk*

A man with a long pale-blue hair that is tied in a high ponytail, his hair swayed magnificently, and his coat gently fluttered as he slowly walked closer. A black coat that seemed to be just draped over his shoulders, a coat that has golden epaulette on the shoulders which looks like the rays of the sun in design, on the right chest is an insignia, then on the left is a small protruded white handkerchief.

Underneath the coat is some kind of dark military uniform with buttons on each side at the midriff, wearing fit black slacks and 3-inch shiny leather boots. He’s also wearing a cravat just underneath his beautiful pretty face, the cravat being a bit wide is over his big bulging chest…. Bulging chest? It seems to be a bit bouncy too. Wait, this is a woman! Her hips are pretty wide too!

Almost everyone in the room has their eyes on her. The way she walks was very masculine and filled with power. It’s as if every step has the power to turn the entrance upside down.

*Thuk Thuk*

She got closer and closer with a smile, only her footsteps could be heard as it lightly echoes at the entrance. Each time she passed the row of servants at the side, their eyes and head followed her as if they were bewitched.

As she got closer, her smile slowly turned into a smirk, at that moment it felt like that small transition was in slow motion as her hair and coat beautifully weaved with it.

It’s Serena, and she’s… she’s too handsome!

“A. Change. Of. Plans. ~” Serena’s voice was almost the same, but with a slight difference that she’s making it lower pitched, but it doesn’t sound too off because she wasn’t struggling to do so. It actually sounded more like those Bifauxnen women in anime.

Serena’s smirk got wider as she slightly revealed her pearl white teeth and pulled Elcesta by locking on each other’s arms as if she was the prince who had to take the lead because the princess was too speechless and passive.

Every man in the room felt like they loss to a woman in terms of charisma, including Adam.

G-Gosh darn, if Mother was a guy, then my hate for Graham’s ikemen face would also extend to her. Darn it why am I not handsome too! I wanna do that too!!

What an entrance, she instantly took all the attention to herself and left like the wind.

“…”

Ana was speechless, her eyes and head just followed the two who left their way to the banquet hall. It seems she was aware of the “change of plans” but not exactly of what it entailed.

“…Wow, that was mom… right?” Gain also has his head following the two. “How was she so… so cool!?”

“I… have no idea. Would this have the same impact if I were to wear men’s clothes too?”

Hmmmm… I feel like they’re getting led astray because of this family but…

“I think Bwig Sister would also look Cwool!”

Ana has a bright smile at the thought of it because of Adam’s egging.

Heh, it’s not my problem. It’s my parents’. I’m just a supportive innocent little brother.

*Clap*

“?”

*Clap clap clap*

Suddenly all of the servants around them erupted into a loud applause and some cheers.

***Clap clap clap clap***

It was such a nice atmosphere that Ana, Gain, Adam, and Lilac started to follow along for some reason.

“Why are we clapping.” Ana voiced a bit of her confusion.

“I don’t know, but it seemed appropriate to go along.” Gain happily obliged as he clapped faster.

It seemed like it started because a servant was too fascinated that they involuntarily started a chain.

.

.

.

Walking in the hallway toward the banquet hall. Elcesta and Serena are walking side by side with their arms locked on each other.

Elcesta held her free hand over her head.

“What the… you were supposed to appear later… You told me that all I had to do was just walk from the entrance then to the banquet hall. Why were our kids there? That was so embarrassing.”

Elcesta was actually Creed, though the voice is still high pitched and soothing that it was nowhere near what his usual voice sounded like. He’s still holding his head while walking with Serena with his face bright red making them look like a yuri couple.

“Courtesy of Ana, fufu.” Serena slightly laughed under her nose. “What did you do for her to go to me, telling me she wants you to cross dress?”

“I have no idea of the sort. If it’s just Ana wanting to see me cross dress again, then there’s no reason for you to cross dress either. What about the dress that was newly made?”

“Don’t worry, I kept it safe. I’ll wear it some other time, and I wanted to try cross-dressing once too, this attire actually feels more comfortable than I thought. What about you? Do you like the sound of your voice? It’s a bit different than before, but I Personally think it suits you very much!”

*Sigh* “I wouldn’t have much of a problem if there wasn’t something lodged down under my throat. I’m worried that our kids might start to think that cross-dressing is normal.” Creed softly massaged his throat.

“Then just let them.”

“People aren’t as open as us, Serena.”

“It’s fine if it’s just within the village.”

“…Fine.” Creed eyed the insignia that was on Serena’s coat. “Was it okay to wear that without any sort of cover?”

The Insignia, a golden sharp cross that has a whole sun behind it, has intricate carvings on the edges making it look polished and magnificent.

“Same reason, it’s fine if it’s just here within the village. I only wore it when I was inside the village already. What about your hair? Does it becoming long again gave you any trouble?”

“As if it’ll trouble me with just this length; it has to touch the ground before it becomes a slight problem.”

“That’s good then, I was worried that I asked my uncle to make it a little too long.”

“How does Graham know a magic that would’ve go through my resistance! I should be pretty immune to any modifications magic.”

“Uncle said that it wasn’t a modification, but just some kind of hair growth magic, which would classify it as a buff?”

“Crazy, there has to be a limitation to that, or he can just keep growing someone’s hair until they get buried under it… I need to modify my resistances.”

“Don’t worry, long hair really suits you.”

“Hmph, I’d rather wear my helmet again if I’m to stay having this long hair.”

“The helmet? Like how we first met?”

“Yes, that helmet. That reminds me, the first time we met, it’s safe to say we mistook each other. Haha!”

“Definitely, especially when you were still wearing your armor and was only showing your hair.”

“And you had a much shorter hair than what you have now. Gotta say, the High pony-tail also suits you.”

“…Thank you.” Serena looked ahead as she smiled happily. Her cheeks were slightly dyed red.

*Clap clap clap*

“…? Are they clapping?” Creed continued to walk with Serena, but hearing such an applause made him cover his own eyes with his hand out of embarrassment.

“Fufu, I wonder who started it. Might have to ask about it later.” Serena leaned her head to Creed’s.

Creed relaxed and didn’t say anything, he also just leaned his head to her and enjoyed the display of affection. It was also about time before they got close to a set of servants who were stationed in the hallway, so the two of them walked leisurely.

A beautiful couple who leaned on each other. The servants that they each passed through can’t help but envision themselves in such a picturesque scenario too.

Now that they’re pretty much at the entrance of the banquet, they straightened their posture before going in.

There were two butlers stationed at each side of the door.

Creed talked in a soft voice only Serena can hear.

*Sigh* “I only have to wear this and act like a girl, right? Adam seems to not know that it’s ‘me’ yet.”

“Change of plans, remember? There’s going to be a dance later.”

“…I will – not – go to a dance with another guy.”

“While it would be funny to see that unfold, it would be a problem if you got swarmed by both genders offering for a dance.” Serena gripped Creed’s arm tightly, which made Creed grunt a bit. “Relax, it’s me who’s going to be your partner. So, until then, just ‘socialize’ normally.”

Creed wanted to be the one to say ‘relax’ here.

So, the two stepped in at the Banquet hall.

……

………

 

 

Chapter 13 end. ~~~ The guest of honor in another world~~~

 

Oops, I might have completely forgotten about writing. Don’t worry though, the plot is still on my mind, I just got too engrossed in playing games. The new 1.3 update got me an Imbibitor Lunae which made me happy. Of course, by having him, I finally went to do a serious attempt on Memory of Chaos and gotten my first 30/30 stars! Yay! The event was fun too, finished it in 2 hours after it dropped, really liked the Ace attorney mini game. Also, the laptop I’m using to write is being used by someone else during the day, and I don’t feel like writing when I’m not hearing any *clickity clackity* when typing words, so expect even Sloowerrr releases… Not gonna lie though, the time I wasn’t writing was enjoyable. Anyway, I really wanted to incorporate a Zoolander meme at Serena’s entrance, but I didn’t want to suddenly drop the reference in there because it felt like it would remove the immersion? I think. Take care! - September 10, 2023

 

Glossary:

Here comes the airplane – usually used for children and babies to playfully make them open their mouth to feed them food. I use this as an insult sometimes, lol.

Bifauxnen – Those prince-like women in anime. Androgynous looking to be mistaken as a boy first. Close to a reverse trap I guess?

Yuri – Lily in Japanese, mostly used for the girl’s love genre. Girl to girl action *drool*

Extra:

Zoolander meme - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCy04DTYTmA&ab_channel=Palms

 

 

 

11