Ch.16
443 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why did it come to this?

Sitting at the table from where Adam chose before, he is now in a company with five people. One of which is Jake, which is being his bodyguard as intended. However, he never asked those 4 to go to where he is, so why did those 4 choose to be here?

“Your choice of a spot for the table is quite good, Adam.” Ana said.

“Right? I’m surprised that no one called dibs on this spot first.” Gain looked around the center where there are now more people dancing formally. “Adam really has a good eye for things.”

Two of the hawks are here.

*Munch munch munch* The pink salmon-colored hair girl is using this table too.

Adam got Jake to bring some nuts again.

“This is nice place to see dance! Look Mama and Papa is there!” Danil waved at two people at a distance. There was a lady with long dark brown hair and a guy with short yellow hair. The two were serenely dancing together along with the music noticed Danil waving at them and they happily waved back.

The little shi- er, Danil is also here.

If you guys wave back now then…

Since Danil announced where his parents were, Adam didn’t hesitate to check on them. He saw how it unfold from them being in sync to the music, into being slightly late.

Which caused them to get some looks from the other people there on the center too.

Ah that’s rough… whatever, they’re not my parents. Somehow, he’s feeling a bit of secondhand embarrassment from them.

But those two laughed at each other noticing that they’re both out of sync, and just stopped for a moment to start again.

…Wow.

If Adam were to compare the love of his parents for each other to Danil’s, then he’s unsure of who would win, and he feels like neither of them would back down without a fight.

Anyway, there seems to be a consensus that the spot Adam chose was a good place to watch the dance; now that it’s in a more formal state and with more fitting music to it too.

Except for one guy in a red frock coat dancing with a bottle of wine in hand. And he doesn’t care whether he’s getting looks or people are laughing at him.

The two kids here were brought by their parents because they wanted to take part in the dance too, but they are worried leaving them all alone at the table. So, here they are, sharing the same table with Adam.

To Adam’s right, is his older sister Ana; to his left, is his big brother Gain; and to the front, which is basically the other side of the table, is Danil and the Salmon-colored hair girl, and just a few feet behind him is Jake.

If you’re wondering if Adam knows what’s the name of the salmon-colored hair girl is, just like any other normal guy, he didn’t ask her name; he just heard her name from her father who came over, he called her Riette.

Friends first, name second.

With this saying, there was a time when Adam made a friend in his previous life. 3 months have passed and the two of them never asked each other’s name. By that point, it would be too awkward to ask each other especially when the two of them already had a specialized and – complicated hand greeting.

So how did Adam know? He asked his friend’s other friend for his name, Tehe.~

Anyway, that friend also never asked his name, so Adam can only assume he got it in the same way.

“Adam, mind if you introduce us to your new friends?” Ana inquired.

No. But I can’t say that, can I?

“That is Riette!”

*Nods nods*

“And that is little s- Dwanil!”

Ana and Gain tilted their heads to Adam in a synchronized manner.

Ooof, I still haven’t gotten over earlier. My mind gave me an extreme warning sign for that…

“Hello! I little Danil!”

Ohoho, saved by Danil because he went along. Still, looks like kids don’t care much if their name is already known, even though I never asked them directly about it.

“Well, well, looks like Adam has a close friend already, since he started giving out nicknames already.” Gain started to tap his fingers on the table in a successive manner. “How about you give me a nickname?”

“Brother, you can’t be getting head start over me. As the oldest, I should be the one who gets a nickname first.”

…Seriously?

There’s literally no reason for them to have a nickname now, and Adam really likes to just call them big brother and big sis. They wouldn’t get a better nickname than that.

“But bwig sis is big sis… I like the nickname big sis more!”

“Right! I am the only big sis Adam has!” *Pat pat pat pat*

“Hm, maybe I don’t need a nickname too.” Gain rested his cheek over his hands by basically laying down on the table.

“Oh, looks like I the only boy here.”

Everyone looked over at Danil, it even caused Gain to straighten up from his relaxed position.

Danil moment...?

Gain took a short moment to look at Adam.

“?”

*Smirk*

Bro??

“Right, little Danil, you are the only boy here. My little sister Adam, here, is quite shy and has always thought herself to be a boy. It’s actually getting a little out of hand that it’s been decided we’ll choose a potential fiancé to see if she might start becoming more social.”

*Thuk* BROOOOO????!

It Looks like Adam just slammed the table lightly without saying anything.

What are you planning!?

“See, she’s already acting a bit defiant as you can see here. So, Danil, seeing that you’re close to Adam; you are now a potential marriage candidate for her.”

What??? What the actual-

Adam glared daggers at Gain but Gain just brushed it off and continued to nonchalantly smile.

Broooother! I remember you going pale after Ana said that maybe she’ll have a younger sister! I surely know the reason why now! And it’s not because mother is pregnant but it’s because of crossdressing isn’t it!? How is this that different from that moment? You’re going to get treated like a girl too you know?!

“I don’t approve of this marriage.”

Um, Ana, you just voiced your opinion. I think you forgot to mention that both of your brothers are boys! Are you defending me or are you going along with Gain?!

*Munch…. Munch…*

Riette has slowed down eating, seems like she’s interested in what this is about too.

It looks like there’s some sort of interest on this “marriage talk” and these kids has a slight a idea on what a marriage is. Alright, let’s stop this from progressing any further.

“Everywone-”

“Don’t worry, if got married, I’ll always love you!”

But Adam got instantly cut off by Danil’s words.

Riette instantly stopped eating.

“…”

“…”

“…”

Jake slicked his hair back, because he feels like he shouldn’t be here since he can clearly hear what these kids are talking about. But he was asked by Adam to stay near him, so he can only feel that there’s something awkward going on and he can’t intervene much unless he is asked to or it’s a somewhat dangerous situation.

Which makes him wonder, why are kids talking about marriage in the first place? Even he hasn’t gotten into a relationship yet and these kids that are like 20 years younger than him are already in such state.

Danil continued, “Mama said that marriage needs love!”

Adam let out a big exhale.

Aww that’s so sweet… I hope you remember this day you little shit. I’ll keep bringing this up once you know shame! Whenever and wherever I get the chance! Hehehaha!

This is why your family will tease you about your “first friend” Adam.

“Heh, now that that’s decided, would you want a dress for that future occasion, Adam?”

“…”

Adam wants to smack his own head for suddenly shifting his focus to Danil when he’s the one that’s getting grilled here.

Right, there’s still this brother who’s very adamant about the marriage part. I still haven’t determined why he’s messing with me now. Let’s just straight up reject him because this is absurd.

“No.”

“Don’t be like that, we’ll prepare the prettiest dress we could find. It’ll be all white and filled with frills and ribbons to boot.”

“…” Ana kept her silence; she’s seemingly look like she’s imagining what Adam would look in a dress with a smile.

I think it’s hopeless for me… Even Ana who’s supposed to go ballistic just started going to lala-land like father.

“Or are you saying that you found someone you’re in ‘love’ with, Adam? Danil’s mama did say that for marriage to prosper, you need ‘love.’ As you don’t seem to love Danil that much.” Gain took a glance at Riette, who had stopped eating.

Riette shifted her eyes downward and fidgeted when she heard her name mentioned.

I… I see, the thing I painted earlier wasn’t perfect. That huge grin Gain had before, said it all.

It’s already starting, the teasing. The one Adam tried to avoid by playing the innocent dumb child card. Looks like it won’t work on Gain.

“Umm…” Adam seems to be at a lost for words.

Think, Adam! You’ve managed to get this far!

He thought hard as fast as he could.

Why is he focusing on the love part that much? Isn’t love just a myth? Who has time for love anyway? I never got a girlfriend back in the previous world, and I don’t feel confident I’ll get one in this world too. Only Elcesta has looked the most beautiful I’ve seen in this world. But wait, Elcesta is father, mom is beautiful too, but why does father have some sort of better charm?

As you can see, if Adam tried to think consciously fast, he’s prone to get sidetracked.

Wait! Nggg This isn’t the focus… Should I just accept the fate of crossdressing? Why will I be crossdressing again? Right, Gain said I’m a “girl” that’s going to have a dress. I don’t feel like doing it though, but if I keep saying no then Gain will keep planting more tracks on a way to Riette… Tsk… should I just keep playing dumb? Screw it, I don’t want to think anymore. A marriage play is just that, a play, whether I’ll be crossdressing or not, it’s not real.

If this were an anime, he would have a smoking or steam animation on his head by now. So with a slight headache, Adam replied,

“O-okway… what dress would it-”

*Stand* Riette suddenly jumped down from her seat and walked near Adam.

U-ugh… I guess I’ll never get to finish a complete sentence.

“…”

“…”

Adam looked at Riette who is now near, he’s still in a bit of a daze as he tries to organize his thoughts again and focus his eyesight on her. Riette is also just staring back at him, as they shared a simple moment of silence with each other.

Jake took a step closer, just in case.

*Hugs*

Riette hugged Adam who was still sitting on his chair!

Whu!!! You are making it worse, Riette!

Like a cold bucket of water that was suddenly doused on him, Adam woke up from his daze.

“Pfft. Aww, you don’t want Adam to get married off? Hehe... I can’t wait to tell mom and dad. They’re gonna love this.”

I hate you brother.

What about Ana?

*Tuk tuk tuk…* Ana looked upset as she directly looked at Gain. It’s like Gain is readily giving away Adam to someone else without even thinking what the others may think; someone like her. She’s continuously tapping the table with her finger, but she’s very calm about it. As if she got something to say.

“Girl friendships really touch each other a lot!” Danil said.

Adam got into a thought-provoking state. How can this kid keep piling mistake one thing after another? He must have a knack for this, it’s actually pretty amazing or even cute. Too bad, this innocence will probably only last once Danil manages to ascertain what is left or right, but in this case, ascertain the difference between a boy and a girl.

“…” Adam isn’t saying anything, but his mind… Fufufu… Fuhahaha!

Danil may have been annoying, but his innocence has saved Adam. This will be the second time it has happened.

Adam returned the hug from Riette with a hand, which in their position and height difference from the chair, was just him pulling her closer to snuggle her to his side.

“Riette, Dwo you want to wear a dress too?”

Like a devil who whispered sweet temptations and with a smile befitting an evil mastermind who orchestrates for his own amusement. The words Adam said carried some sort of charm with it.

“…” *nods*

“Ywes, yes, since we’re – all – girls on this side, let’s all wear a pwetty dress in the fwuture!” Adam patted Riette’s head with the same hand that hugged her back earlier.

This feels nice, I’m getting reminded of my dog.

He then looked up to Ana. “Right, big sister?”

*Tuk tuk* “Oh? Oh!” Ana stopped tapping the chair and reacted like she finally had an opportunity to talk about it, nay – she was given the opportunity to. Going from a simple oversight into an actual ammunition to be used for Gain. Adam basically threw her a bone, and so, she continued,

“I would love to. There’s really no reason to refuse as well, right – little sister Gain?”

Now it’s Ana who has that smirk on her face.

“Huh?”

It came as a shock for Gain to be called little sister again. He inadvertently looked back at the one who instigated it, which is Adam.

Adam, although he has a cute face, has a smile that’s showing a bit of his white teeth. A smile one can only describe as sinister; you wouldn’t believe this is a smile a 2-year-old can have. Befitting of a smile that was used when a certain keikaku happened.

“What? Are you going to say that you’re a boy now? You’re the one here who said that Danil is the only boy here.”

“I-it’s just a small mistake. Of course I meant to say that-“

“Let’s wear pwetty dresses big sister Gain!” No, no, no, that’s no-good brother. I’m not letting you get away with this.

“…”

Gain looked back to Adam. How can he not notice Adam showing deliberate understanding of cutting him off and calling him a big sister along with his own name.

Gain has no recollection of Adam ever mistaking brother and sister together, unless Adam did when he wasn’t present; Gain sees this as Adam basically showing off that he has intellect way above his age again. This would mean that there is a good possibility that Adam remembers their very first little game. And the most important bit is that Adam hasn’t had a history of siding with Ana until now.

Ana spoke, “Of course, Adam. I will personally see to it that our Gain will also wear a dress in the future.”

*Gulp* “Haha… surely you jest, big sister.”

Haha indeed brother. You started talking like Ana; shows how nervous you are.

“Fufu” then Ana halted laughing and replied with a straight face. “No.”

“Thwen it’ll be our promise! We’ll all wear pretty dresses!” Nice assist big sis, make sure Gain will be crossdressing with me!

“Y-Yeah… let’s all wear dresses.” Gain replied with resignation.

Although Gain is pale, the corners of his mouth are rising slightly. He can’t hide his excitement that he got handed the ideal moment to recall onto just to verify whether Adam really has a good memory comparable to his, rather than just shooting in the dark by deducing it or even asking it directly.

Ultimately, he accepted this because this is the first time Adam is trying to force him to do something.

Adam noticed that small arch from Gain’s mouth, which made him wonder.

Wait, is this what Gain really wanted?

Being astute as Adam is, he managed to arrive at such a conclusion.

He actually wanted to cross dress in the first place?

NOT quite. You were this close Adam. Try again next time.

“Gwet a long hair big sis!”

“Adam, that’s a bit…” Gain stroked his hair a bit.

“Wouldn’t it bwe good. Right, Riette?”

“…?”

Riette faced toward Gain while still snuggled to Adam.

“…” She just kept looking at Gain up and down without saying anything.

You don’t have to reply anything, Riette.

“I… don’t think I have to… no matter.” Gain stood his ground flimsily as he looked away from Riette who seemed to be trying to seize him up.

Hmm, a little more push, but if I do anymore it’ll sound annoying. But I do hope you grow your hair though.

“What about if asked you to?” Ana inquired.

Eh? Right Ana can just force him again!

“No big sis… this is one thing I won’t back down on. You have to fight me for this one.”

Aw.

“Really?” Ana’s surrounding temperature raised a bit, even her long hair started to slightly float

“Try me.” A strong cool wind blew around Gain. The tablecloth can be visibly seen waving under it, but not strong enough to make it sway and all the other things on it.

Still, it was strong enough that people near him feel like they’re getting fanned by a cool breeze, and these same people look refreshed in experiencing so. At least this wind is also neutralizing Ana’s heat, so there isn’t much commotion over this.

Oh, come on! Are you guys really going to fight it here?

“ah.”

Adam suddenly flew in the air and Riette got hauled with him too because she was still holding on to him. He was then caught by an arm and was adjusted to be in a sitting position; now he is sitting on someone else’s shoulder.

“Sorry young master.”

Jake lifted them up because he felt like he needed to move Adam in a safer distance because of how these two are behaving right now.

Thanks, Jake. Adam checked the person who got lifted along with him, her grip was really good that she didn’t let go when Adam “flew”, but it seems like she got pried away because of how Jake adjusted Adam to sit on his shoulder.

“…”

Riette is just staring at the floor because she’s being carried like a lifeless log.

Well… I guess there wasn’t any way to adjust her with me as a priority here.

“Do I wear a dress too?”

In the midst of it all, there’s kid who was still at the table who expressed his concern. A concern that shouldn’t even concern him. Because he can’t read the room… more like the atmosphere, in a literal sense, like why aren’t you feeling a slight heat or cold at the same time?

But that was enough to stop the siblings from trying to brawl it out. The brawl to decide whether Gain should grow his hair or not, maybe next time we’ll have a chance to see who wins that fight. The two of them relaxed again but were a bit startled to see Adam on Jake’s shoulder.

“Swo high!” Let’s act like I’m having fun so that they don’t overreact.

It worked because they got sullen realizing that Adam could’ve gotten hurt, so they’re just staring down at the table in shame.

Jake smiled wryly at Adam’s reaction. He then gently placed Adam down back to his seat, and Riette next to him, since there’s still enough space for the two of them.

“I’m sorry young lady.”

*Nods*

“Phew.” Jake let out a sigh of relief.

Regardless, we should reply back to Danil.

No Danil, you don’t have to… Actually, why not. Join us in this chaotic charade and I’ll have another thing to remind you about your soon to be “dark days”.

“You cwan too!”

“Yay!”

 

 

 

Chapter 16 end. ~~~A small assembly in another world~~~

 

Hello! I'm back! Now normal than ever, but with an improved lazier drive! Woohoo! Vacations are nice, writing is too, but sometimes you gotta stop the tapping for a while to feel like writing again. Anyway, I do like being lazy. I just hope I finish this arc in the next chapter, depending on whether I can write it with quality or not. Take care! - November 10, 2023

 

Glossary:

Keikaku – is a japanese term for “Plan”. Was famously used on the hit literature book called “Death Note” A book about death, writing your name will make you immune to death (I’m lying). Anyway, Light Yagami face.

Extra:

Serena and Elcesta got a little nervous when they felt Ana and Gain started emitting mana and were contemplating whether to intervene or not. Good thing they didn’t have to.

 

 

11