Chapter 13; Preparations Of The Schemer
159 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gevanni switched his white suit into the starting gear that was given to him by Belmare. He opened the rest of the movable crate and took what he needs for now. It ranges from different blades, maps, and escape tools. After double-checking his equipment, Gevanni sets about reorganizing his thoughts.

Let's start with their fatal flaw. Gevanni recalls what happened earlier at the King's 1st general assembly room.

"Won't it be interesting if I could kill anyone here with just their names?" Gevanni boldly exclaimed. The orb at the pedestal of the heroes' promise starts to glow.

Everyone stopped whispering; They are perplexed why the pedestal is processing things too late.

I only meant it as a joke, but I guess everyone took it seriously. Gevanni thought as he looked above. Oh? What a nice change of pace. Ordinary citizens… Isn't this weird that I'm starting to get used to their faces looking at me all scared?

"Do you think you could handle the four great heroes even if you identified our mana core!?" Prince Ernest announced.

That retard prince gave me the most valuable information I needed the most. I know the citizens here don't get along with Demons, but that scene was truly an idiotic mistake.

To make the most of the opportunity, Gevanni was departing packed full of essentials and resources, from standard to scarce.

And... Done!

He smiled in satisfaction. It must have been his subconscious, but his eyes alight like those of a predator about to corner its prey.

How can a person die in this world? If someone's mana or mana core vanishes, that person dies. That means those who possess a high amount of mana are equal to the end game players of Herscheim, huh?

Multiple health bars popped up in Gevanni's mind. How Nostalgic. He chuckles to himself.

Gevanni already has the advantage when it comes to survivability. It's all thanks to Izuna, who gave most of her mana points to him.

Forced Attribute Sharing. One of the skills that Izuna cast before they were transported to the new world.

Second, why are the people above cloaked in their hoods and not showing their faces? The King tried to trick me if I could kill any unknown bystander. Sorry. I'm not that kind of person. I won't ever kill a human to show off my power.

Gevanni swore on his modern intellect and rationality that he couldn't stand to let things initiate that involve hurting people to show off their ineptitude like some sadist. However, that doesn't mean he's a white knight.

As for the great three heroes… Wait. Does it mean they used Princess Marielle to—what? I can't think of anything why they were there in the first place? Why would they flaunt their major forces in front of me and the chuuni Demon…

Gevanni left his dorm. He then used the elevator and headed towards the southeast wing.

Impossible!? What was it for?

Gevanni put his finger on his relaxed lips and smiled ferociously. The fact that he was able to think like that and how proficient he is in countering that sly attack methods made him speechless for a brief moment.

Oh? That was it. Good thing I didn't show any hostile behavior. If I did, they already set various traps to kill me. I need to discover my potential enemies' abilities first.

Gevanni decides he might be able to have a fascinating conversation with himself and form hypotheses.

One more thing, based on the nobles, it seems I look and act like the real apocope… I'm quite disturbed that I resemble such ideologies with that Demon.

He stopped walking in circles. He now knew the answers.

This might be the reason Princess Marielle is not there—she might be watching me somewhere and to make sure if I'm the famed Demon, Apocope…

Gevanni jumps outside the window and sits to the ledge.

Lying is easy, but killing your own personality to lie efficiently is difficult. I must lie to myself that I'm being watched for eternity.

I need to take a break before my mind burns out.

Gevanni did a handstand, but instead of using his hands, it was his tail. As he looked below, most of the citizens were inhabited by humans, many of whom seem very prim and proper. Despite what happened to the failed ordeal, many among them were preoccupied with an upcoming festival.

Here comes another tail training!

Only false God knew what would happen when their greatest enemy and their greatest ally, clashed. Since Gevanni is not a devout believer, it's entirely  impossible for him to understand the concept of the invisible hand of God.

 

Announcement
I wasn't going to post another one today since I'm busy drawing the upcoming chapter illustration but I figured it would be nice to add one for today. Hehehe~
8