Chapter 2; Human vs God
335 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Gevanni walked through the endless space, the mist slowly rose into his knee level and adjusted his sight.

Everything is blank. Just like every pattern to every Isekai show... After that, I’ll meet a God, but things might become dangerous if I carelessly wish for anything. No, that sort of God is no other than a demon pretending to be a God.

Thousands of thousands of Torii gates appeared in front of him. Despite its bright orange hue, it wasn’t enough to light the place.

“Why are your thoughts being blank?”

Gevanni searches for the voice, but it comes from the farthest Toori gate. He had no choice but to follow the source.

“I don’t have anything to say to God. No, A false God.”

Life would be easier if I could blend with everyone and pretending to be strong while holding to your own weakness. That was supposed to be my plan.

Small glows of light revolved around Gevanni, showing his face clearly.

“Aren’t you just being a coward?” The voice asked.

Disappointed by his naiveness, and contemptible carelessness, Gevanni laughs at the absurdity.

“It’s rude for you to invade the insides of my mind.”

I can hear his soft chuckles as if my words were a joke.

Realizing this is no longer the world he used to live, Gevanni is compelled to face a never-ending stream of his philosophies.

From the perspective of a young high schooler, this is a moment they long for. However, Gevanni took this chance to ask the voice itself, believing it is a divine being.

“Why would a God such as yourself grant God-like powers to us? Isn’t that just throwing away your responsibility unto others?”

A question probably difficult to comprehend in simplistic notions led to discontent of the voice.

“I’ll leave that to your imagination.”

Failure to answer the inescapable reality, the voice evaded the topic—a humiliating and a complete blunder for a divine being to aggress.

Thousands of Thousands of Torii gates dissolved and turned everything into an ocean on a starry night, revealing the beauty of the bright cosmos.

An inescapable fact that Gevanni managed to make a divine being doubt itself only led him into being more direct.

“The kind of person who enjoys watching my fate is nothing more than a scum. He prioritizes only those who have faith in him. What about the non-believers?”

Gevanni stopped midway and changed his tone.

“You are far too cruel to discard them away like toys.”

For a moment, the sea reflected upon rows of dead bodies with nothing else remarkable in it.

“Oh?”

The voice shifted into curiosity and created a snapping sound. The moment Gevanni looked into the reflection, the imagery vanished.

“Don’t you enjoy the life of having corrupted slaves serving you?”

With the imagery in mind, Gevanni imagined a filthy dictator being served by brainwashed and corrupt lowly beings. Praising for their war crimes and justifying how they were law-abiding heroes.

“I’m getting tired of your skewed sense of justice. A human like you would never suppress his own love and forward as if his past didn’t happen. In short, you yearn for corruption. Why is that?”

People say humility is the human essence, but turning it to display how fragile humans can be, the devil could be among them. It occurred to Gevanni that he considers himself not human.

“Should I thank you for profiling my whole being? I feel bad for you. You only care at the end when you mishandle things.”

The conversation holds true for the voice by grasping the core message.

“Thinking about your views about me, it seems you lack faith. If ever, unlike from others, I’ll grant you an exception.”

It was as if the voice and Gevanni’s conscience merged. How can he detest humans so much? Even the Divine being is jealous and wished to know what factors come into Gevanni’s mind.

“Exception? I can’t believe someone who has the power to change everything can’t even properly manage his own people—changed his mind.”

“Indeed.”

“Why are you born and rule us out of the bat? You’re no different from a kid who has a gun and wants to kill anything on his way.”

“Are you saying if humans have the choice to become their own Gods, they can fulfill my responsibility better?”

“Wait!”

“Your lack of faith is because you are content that people will feel guilt by doing misdeeds. Those types of people are those who value immediate emotional impulses over the logic that prevents them from doing misdeeds again. Am I right?”

“What?”

“You live in a world where technology can solve everything, a promising future, and a safe society.”

“What are you planning to do!?”

“If I put you in between what you call: Corrupted slaves serving me and taking away your good qualities— Will you seek faith and ask for my help?”

“I reject the fate that God bestowed upon me!”

Why can't I speak anything? Is my vocal cords broken? I don't feel any pain at all!

“You’ll forget our conversation, but you’ll still remember me. I promise you that I’ll be better, depending on your actions.”

I can’t see him anymore. Is that a hand? No! I don’t want to die yet! I gasped for air, but over time it’s becoming difficult.

“You shall be brought down to a world where you’re not supposed to exist and come to know the entire world is your enemy!”

I could barely see my feet. Is this the fragments of me? They’re slowly breaking apart. It seems I still couldn’t compete with God. No! This is just an illusion to make me believe a false ideology!

Gevanni reached his hands to the shadow of a man from a distance. Every fragment of him became part of the space. 

“I expect you to die again, Half-demon.”

 

 

6