Chapter 43; Eight Mystery of Advent Mogarelia + [ OMAKE Extra ]
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cloudy night comes quietly with the gentle spirit of a mother. It envelops everything in darkness and softens the vibrant colors of day to soft pastel hues, the kind that comforts everyone in Evanslei. 

 

“Aw… Shucks! That was a long day! Is this how Gevanni usually spends his time? He barely gets any rest! Maybe this is the secret of anime characters not sleeping! It's to save time animating!”

 

Izuna casually broke the fourth wall as if she's inside a show. The breeze played with her hair giving it the same buoyant wave as the Great Lake so close by. The lavender grass stopped swaying when Izuna looked ahead of her.

 

“Wow~! Advent Mogarelia is really different at night! It’s like… You see an old school rpg dungeon!”

 

There’s barely any lights no matter which area you go to in Advent Mogarelia. It’s built this way to weed out non-magic user intruders. However, Lusviel Mogarelia, the headmaster of this intuition himself, thought of covering the weak spots of this infrastructure to protect its students and employees. At night, the intuition itself undergoes a transformation in which it becomes a confusing labyrinth. It ranges from turning corridors into mirrors, walls becoming horizontal pillars, uneven staircase height,  dispels any magic that uses flight, levitation, and etc. 

 

Stalking behind Izuna’s back, a figure slowly marches towards her. The moonlight shone over the mysterious figure. Her signature black and white cross brooch embedded on her collar glinted. 

 

“It’s getting late, Izuna. I’ll escort you to your dorm in the fastest way possible.”

 

The mysterious figure was the envoy earlier from when Gevanni and Izuna first arrived in this world.

 

“Ah! My personal maid!”

 

“For me to be... I’m a knight! A Bo-dy-gu-ard! I can’t afford a demon like you to disturb the peace at night.”

 

For a moment it made Jeanne cover the side of her face with her hands to hide the fact that she’s flustered. It is due to her not bearing the outstanding girlish vibe of maids and their clothes make it unsuitable for battle. 

 

“You say things like that but what’s with the tray? It’s definitely for me!”

 

Izuna tried to tease but moments after, Jeanne calmed herself. 

 

“The Queen is utterly worried in your state. Your mana pool is completely depleted and the rate of replenishing on its own is too slow. You’re no different from a human. Who knows it might be your last day today.”

 

Jeanne explained with a serious tone. There’s no need to tell such a big flat lie when both parties already know the extent and risque of the situation. 

 

“That’s why I eat cookies every day. At least I could count the days I survived by counting how many I could eat without the need for milk.”

 

Izuna tried to reason but she couldn’t finish the sentence fast unlike when talking with Gevanni. It’s not because she’s uncomfortable with Jeanne but rather, the gamble of evenly splitting her prowess and capabilities with Gevanni was taken advantage of by the unseen enemy. 

 

The mood is getting dark and depressing. If this keeps going on, this might remember Jeanne’s meeting with Artesia to resurrect her men. She had to think for a moment.

 

If Izuna dies early and the situation calls for her to be revived, Princess Artesia’s resurrection skill will be revealed and clear the suspicions of the conditions of this power by the enemies. With that in mind, Evanslei would be happy to sacrifice anyone to keep its secrets.

 

Finally, Jeanne decided but her hatred for Demons remains strong. Why would anyone compliment a Demon when they ravaged everything?

 

However, due to the nature of this job, it would just work as an advantage for the unseen enemy if Jeanne displays an inch of her hatred. Even if it’s hard to put into words, she expressed her gratitude by placing her hand on her heart before speaking.

 

“Congratulations. You did well fighting against the Princess herself.”

 

“But I didn’t see you!”

 

“I used this artifact called Skystalker’s Binoculars. It allows me to see great distances with high details. Even if the clouds lump together, I could still see anyone who is flying above!“

 

“Woah! That’s so cool!”

 

The conversation went longer than expected. Izuna and Jeanne navigated through Advent Mogarelia with ease. 

 

They both finally arrived at the all-girls dorms. Some of the windows have lights which indicate that there is still someone awake in the dead of night. 

 

As Izuna and Jeanne navigated around the dorm to find the right room, there are still magicians gossiping and lingering around the hallways in their sleepwear. 

 

“Again… It happened again.”

 

Character cutout A said worryingly and clasped her hands together.

 

“Maybe it’s now Eight Wonders of Advent Mogarelia instead of seven.”

 

Character cutout B replied.

 

Izuna and Jeanne overheard a lot of conversation amongst the students like this. The more they ascend through the stairs the more details of this Eight Mystery keeps on becoming even more detailed. All of them share one thing. At every full moon, a shadowy figure stands symmetrically where the moon is located. They were spotted at the front or at the back of the dorm in certain days.

 

This is the fifth floor. Everyone has closed doors and no one is hanging around. Even the lights were turned off for a while. As evident from the piled ashes from the wall lamps.

 

However, only one thing stands the most. Izuna and Jeanne locked their eyes to that thing.

 

“Jeanne… Is this normal? Horim left her door open.” 

 

“Stay back, Izuna.” 

 

“No! This is the time for the great detective Izuna. Perfect timing I have my bow tie.” 

 

“Y-yeah… Alright! Rest easy. I’ll cover your back.” 

 

Jeanne revealed her weapon in the open. For a moment, it caught Izuna’s attention and murmured something.

 

It is a mysterious baton only given to those high-ranking members of the D'zereshaf household. With the little gaps in each part appears to be that this weapon has another form. 

 

“One… For all!”

 

Using Izuna’s stockpiled energy, she transfers it mostly to her lower half and further boosting her explosive power of dashing. 

 

It appears Izuna is moving at high speeds in a spacious and long hallway but in reality that was just a 50 feet difference from her position in Horim's room.

 

Jeanne followed with careful steps with high alertness to possible intruders.

 

Horim’s room is arranged simply to evoke her free-spirited nature. However, there are training dummies placed everywhere that take the shape of handmade Demons if they were dolls. Some of it is ripped to shreds. It is eclectic chaos that tells a story of talent and obsessions.

 

“This work…”

 

Izuna looked around and analyzed something strange but she couldn’t see it with her naked eye.

 

“This is a work of a Stand!”

 

Izuna declared as she posed and looked intently to the floor. It has the markings of the beast. Something who has a round four-toed foot. Judging from the size of the footprint, this monster is perhaps something that moves agile.

 

“What?”

 

Jeanne finally caught up to Izuna. However, what she is seeing right now is truly bizarre. No one in the right mind would pose like this. Unless some sort of skill is activated and this pose was needed. At least, this is what Jeanne thought.

 

“The culprit is a cat!” 

 

“This is bad. This might be a familiar used as a reconnaissance tool without being detected! We need to make haste and follow the tracks!” 

 

“Don’t go yet, Jeanne! This is Horim’s usual clothes.” 

 

A jet-black robe with furs is folded in the bed. This item provokes an astonishing mysteriousness and unnerving in the room. Even if the user hasn’t worn this, part of their aura is embedded in this item. It should never be touched.

 

“El Psy Congroo… Operation: I’ll move forward until the enemies are destroyed.”

 

Izuna casually took the robe and wore it. Afterward, she and Jeanne looked around and stayed cautious. They both can hear sounds of someone lightly walking and their presence is really small. 

 

The moment when the glass was about to fall, it caught Izuna’s attention.

 

“S-Silver Chariot Requiem!?”

 

Izuna yelled to the reflection of the mysterious human figure casually walking near the door. This might be the shadowy thing that the students were gossiping about.

 

“Stay back, Izuna. Horim is not known for folding this neatly or even fixing the chaotic mess of her room.” 

 

“I know this is sudden but…”

 

“No magic and its residuals detected. We can stay safe if Horim is out somewhere.”

 

A glass shattered. It alerted Jeanne to its vicinity and readied her weapon.

 

The baton exploded a gust of wind and revealed its second form. Series of wrench-like appearance are chained together and squiggled as if they were tentacles. 

 

“Go!”

 

Jeanne pointed her weapon to the running culprit who just took a sharp maneuver to the right wall. 

 

“I missed!?”

 

What Jeanne caught is only a mist. The form of the Eight Wonders is actually visible from the very start. It’s so small that it was easy to miss when one checked their surroundings at eye level.

 

“Don’t worry I got this! I’m good at chasing cats!”

 

Izuna exclaimed but it only made the kitten terrified of her. She then competed with the unusual swiftness of the kitten.

 

From hallways to corridors to stairs to roofs, both Izuna and the kitten dashed and barely succeeded.

 

“Got you!”

 

“MEOOOOW!?”

 

Izuna lunged and caught the kitten. But from this momentum, she’s going to fall from the roof. 

 

It should be no problem to land without being hurt. However, due to Izuna’s depleted mana pool, she can’t support her weight. To make it even worse, the dorms are built incredibly high. She’s about to fall from a five-story building. 

 

Izuna holds dearly to the kitten and readjusts her position so that she’ll be the one to take the fall damage. 

 

“IZUNA!!!”

 

Jeanne broke the window glass and it reflected the moonlight of the clear skies. By using her weapon’s second form, she almost caught Izuna. 

 

However, the range was limited and before she knew it, the baton already collapsed.

 

Jeanne already knows the last decision to save her but she’s out of time. 

 

Izuna hit her head first and fell with a loud thud. 

 

At her final moments, her hair fell lastly with elegance. Her braids at the back slowly break loose and her hair scattered around the ground. This scene truly captures an accidental renaissance painting. 

 

“I still have a lot to tell Gevanni… I lo...”

 

Izuna closed her eyes with utmost confidence that ever since she was searching for Gevanni and until now, all she did was help those who were in need. 

 

“What!? She didn’t fall on the ground. She’s levitating!... Since when Advent Mogarelia had this!? I never heard of it at all!”

 

Jeanne exclaimed and relieved at the same time. Due to this noise, the mysterious little person at the center of the field twitched their eyebrows. 

 

“Ah! People die when they are killed! But they can’t be killed if they’re already dead!”

 

Izuna yelled nonsense as she adjusted her eyesight. She then stood up and cleared off the dust from her back.

 

The mysterious little figure once again twitched their eyebrows and gritted their teeth. 

 

“I haven’t been at the backside of this dorm. It looks completely different.”

 

Jeanne commented as she followed Izuna who was approaching the mysterious little figure.

 

The backside of the dorms is hidden by old and broken walls. Once you passed it, a summoning portal was built here before and was decommissioned. Despite its old age, the remnants of previous Evanslei's architectural design still remain intact. As obvious from the detailed stained glasses and the love for humongous buildings.

 

“H-Horim!?”

 

Izuna yelled before she covered her face. What she is seeing right now is rated R-18. A young girl moaning every now and then as she relieves herself through orgasms. But this was broken when the mysterious young girl reminded her of certain someone. 

 

“That obnoxious voice…” 

 

With a tone of utmost disappointment and frustration, Horim couldn’t help but to turn back and face Izuna.

 

“You left your door open!”

 

Izuna explained as she pointed her finger to censor Horim’s lower body.

 

Horim usually stylizes her hair in a chaotic manner but right now it appears to be wet. However, her hair is not wet because of water but rather just from the light of the moon. For some weird convenience, Horim’s hair is covering her breasts and seemed to be stuck in there.

 

“Who cares. Besides, it’s a full moon. As a vampire, we can’t afford to waste this chance and bathe at its light.” 

 

Horim explained but there is something different to her. Her usual bluish dead fish eyes turned into crimson-like that vampires possess. Her vicious double fangs are longer and her ears appear to be more pointy. Her overall look implies that she has a close connection with the Nosferatu's. 

 

“Huh!? Isn’t that supposed to be a werewolf?”

 

“How disrespectful. Go away! You’re peeping at my shower!”

 

“That means I get to keep this cat!”

 

As soon as Izuna declared, Horim completely lost her cool and assertive attitude. She sniffed a bit before rushing towards Izuna.

 

“A-anything but that… Give it back to me. I’ll let you off the hook.” 

 

Horim whined and tried to snatch the cat from Izuna but failed and instead tripped herself. Because Izuna dodged out of instinct.

 

“Here. What is her name?”

 

Izuna asked as she squatted and looked at Horim as she was about to cry.

 

“Felix.”

 

“Meow. Meow~”

 

The cat took a liking to Izuna by licking her and hopped to Horim’s head. 

 

“Why are you wearing my clothes? Give it back!”

 

Horim lately realized and looked to Izuna who seemed to be minding their own business.

 

“Mystery solved! It’s time for my victory sequence. Cue the music!.. Spin the camera around me dramatically!.. Add my experience and rewards overlay on the screen!.. Alright~! Zuna, zuna, daishouri!” 

 

Izuna casually breaks the fourth wall. Both Horim and Jeanne stood there and watched Izuna’s awkwardness meticulously. 

 

“Oh, come on. Did she already lose it!?”

 

Horim stressed and Jeanne went to her side and whispered.

 

“It’s unusual for you to clean after yourself.”

 

“Ah… Shamsciel dropped by again without saying another word.”

 

======================

[ OMAKE Extra ]

Interviewer: What do you prefer when eating desserts? 

 

Gevanni: Anything is fine. If it’s homemade, I won’t hesitate to eat it. Don’t get me wrong! I won’t take anything from someone I barely know. 

 

Izuna: Parfait! Wait… Maybe cookies? The crunching is too good! No, no, no! It’s definitely macarons… It has a soft feeling and I like poking it before eating… Maybe marshmallows!? uhh… Please wait a minute… Huh!? Time’s up!? Go back here!

 

Lumoireux: How nostalgic. I remember one day I forced my previous master to eat something I made. It’s filled with love and passion. He burst into tears and eventually his body. I took the time to lick those pieces. It’s sweet and juicy.

 

Princess Artesia: Ice cream~ I like the feeling of stabbing my spoon and making a mess of that perfectly swirled cream. 

 

Princess Marielle: I live on a strict diet. All of my sustenance is mostly composed of blended shakes. If I need sweets, sugar would be enough. Although, if Mother orders me to eat a certain one, I won’t refuse. 

 

Belmare: Sandbakelse. It’s the last thing I ate together with the Gear Master. I want to keep that tradition.

 

Bancroft: I refuse. I have a trauma eating it from a certain someone. Since then, I hold a grudge against all desserts. 

 

Horim: Huh!? Don’t treat me like a kid! As you can see I have a figure to maintain.

 

Celfeith: Desserts, huh? It’s difficult to comprehend the tastes of barbarians such as me...Frost wyvern’s hit the right spot. No, maybe the famed Wereserpent in Hemorkia. Hmm… I can’t decide between the two. 

 

Weibrecht: I may look human but I do not seek such leisures. I am content in eating snow or lick stalagmites in caves. 

 

Jeanne: I like cake. It can be served on any occasion and it makes that day even more memorable. Also, some somas even like it!

1