Chapter 37. End of training arc and great Sea Battle
216 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm really sorry for two weeks delay. It has two reasons: I'm very lazy and i didn't have enough motivation for writing. But no matter what, I'm not going to give up this book. Now good evening my dear readers and enjoy new chapter.

6 years have already passed, which means the end of the training arc. During this time, I managed to create a real miracle, or rather, I turned Naruto from uh... Naruto into a professional, highly skilled ninja with the ability to hide perfectly and without the stupid desire to die under a mountain of papers in the Hokage's office. Now I would rate the boy’s abilities at the level of Itachi, who is not on the verge of death, even taking into account that Naruto has not yet had access to the real battlefield. I admit that in this world, having Uzumaki chakra and fox overdrive is very powerful.

 

Now it's time for the last test of Naruto, so we will play a naval battle, but not the usual one. We had already played a few matches earlier to iron out any flaws in the rules and learn battle tactics, but back then we had an endless amount of resources. In this battle we will have a limited amount of resources and the fog of war, so we will have to use reconnaissance aircraft and searchlights. Before starting the game, we need to explain to you the rules: the field is flooded with water and small islands are scattered here and there; on both sides of the battlefield there are player shipyards and their water containers, acting as resources, the water fills them slowly, so it must be used carefully; if a resource falls into the water of a field in any way, it becomes normal terrain and cannot be picked up again; before building equipment, you need to build technologies for it, which are divided into the water category (we don’t have submarines due to the fact that the battlefield is considered too shallow for them (in fact, I don’t want to go to the wiki and read about them and their strategies battle for several hours)) and air; each technology has corresponding ground (air defense) or water (mines) methods of countering these death machines; to build or repair something you need a certain amount of time (no more than 5 minutes) and resources; everything on the battlefield is essentially water, which holds its shape thanks to our chakra; ships and planes do not need fuel, but they carry a supply of water with them as ammunition; the larger the technique, the more chakra can be wrapped around it (chakra = armor); when the chakras of two players collide, their corresponding number is destroyed; projectiles have a higher chakra coefficient; when a projectile is deformed, its chakra becomes neutral and the effect of an explosion is simulated, so the ammunition racks remain mutually explosive for both sides; the game ends when the shipyard (they are a bit fragile, so the first couple of matches ended in a minute when one of the players accidentally lost control of one of the ammo in his/her shipyard) by one of the parties; The game is played in real time (there are no moves).

So, the battle has begun. For the first five minutes we were simply building the necessary technologies and preparing battle plans. This time I decided to follow the paths of heavy cruisers, ultra-light and quiet destroyers, and medium dive bombers. After the same amount of time, I had 7 destroyers ready with 8 on the way, 10 heavy cruisers with 10 on the way, and a couple of bomber squadrons. My shipyard was also protected by several air defenses. On the other hand, Naruto scares me because I see the ship's antenna peeking through the fog, for your information the height of the fog is about 40 meters relative to the game. This led me to the conclusion that he was building some kind of mega battleship. In order to obtain more accurate information and perhaps even arrange sabotage, I decided to send one squadron of bombers there.

Half a minute later, Ju 87 entered enemy territory and were immediately attacked. Thanks to the effect of surprise, the enemy managed to shoot down the leading flight, and the remaining aircraft began to maneuver and try to approach the main target. It looks like I managed to catch an enemy chimera ship during a test run at sea. I call her a chimera because she is both a battleship and an aircraft carrier, with a multitude of 200mm twin cannons on her deck and an incalculable amount of 30mm anti-aircraft defenses littering her sides. To service and repair such a giant, 8 repair ships are used, each of them with one 100 mm cannon for self-defense in case of emergency. The sky over that area was extremely hot thanks to the air defenses of the super battleship and the shipyard, but fortunately the enemy fighters had not yet taken off, so at this point some of my squadron was still alive.

I ordered them to perform a kamikaze attack on the enemy battleship because the chances of them getting out alive were extremely low. Four... no, three of my planes began to dive towards the base of the enemy main guns. When they were still 15 meters away, the engine of one plane caught fire, and the other looked like Swiss cheese, unfortunately it was not a B-17 Flying Fortress, so it fell into the water. The two planes miraculously managed to reach their target, damaging the ammunition rack and creating two water fireworks. As a result, 2 of the 6 main guns were destroyed and a fire was caused on the enemy super battleship.

Wasting no time while my planes were busy distracting Naruto's shipyard defenses, I sent my own fleet to attack. Due to the fact that it was not yet completed at the time of departure, reinforcements will soon arrive. When my ships arrived, Naruto only had time to put out the fire.

His ship was turned sideways towards me, and on the side open to me, three repair ships were repairing it. My heavy cruisers, built on the model of the Admiral Graf Spee, immediately launched an attack, managing to destroy one ship and knock out another. The enemy battleship responded in kind to my insolence and the roar of its 200 mm guns was heard. The Chimera was able to destroy one of my ships with the first salvo and bring the second to a critical state, forcing it to leave the battle for repairs to an allied repair ship located in the distance.

My cruisers, instead of seeking to close and use torpedoes on a larger and clumsy target, 450 meters long, began to evade enemy shells by swimming in circles, because their torpedo tubes were replaced by smoke generators and an enlarged air platform.

The first point of my plan began, when my heavy cruisers created a very thick smoke screen and tried to remove most of the enemy aircraft. A few minutes later I managed to complete this task, losing 4 more ships. It was important that the enemy fighters did not fly out ahead of time, so my planes were covered with tarpaulin and sank along with the ships.

Next, I had to destroy enemy repair ships that had a powerful radar. The tarpaulins were dropped and the roar of 22 Junkers87 filled the air. Due to the fact that the air defenses on the ship were more fortified than those on the ground, almost half remained intact and they managed to shoot down two of my planes. My bombers did not remain in debt and, flying over the battleship, were able to damage the runway with five fighters, temporarily removing the danger of enemy aircraft. After this, the Stukas were able to destroy their targets with impunity, only in the end engaging in air combat with enemy aircraft.

Unfortunately, things didn't go so smoothly on my part either, because Naruto somehow managed to sneak a group of light cruisers with a squadron of heavy fighters to my base. This part of his fleet engaged my fresh ships, causing me to lose my opportunity for reinforcements. He also discovered that I had torpedo destroyers, so his super battleship began performing turning maneuvers. Unfortunately for him, it was too late and my quiet destroyers sent the fish to the defenseless side of the Chimera. The torpedoes destroyed the enemy stronghold and successfully created a Titanic cosplay.

After the death of the monster, I was left with 5 combat-ready heavy cruisers and they, along with the destroyers, were able to destroy the enemy shipyard, just when my own defenses were crumbling like a sand castle.

In the end, I defeated Naruto to the brink. Battle losses: on my side 15 heavy cruisers, 6 destroyers and 34 bombers; on the Naruto side, 1 super battleship “Chimera”, 6 light cruisers, 8 repair ships, 4 bombers, 9 light fighters and 4 heavy fighters.

I really enjoyed this match, so Naruto naturally passed my test. It’s ended this active and fun day.

4