Chapter 39. Tasty pilaf, begining of the fluff farm and first C rank mission
138 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14.03.0063

A month has already passed since the creation of our rabbit farm, which means that we will soon receive a mission to the land of waves. During this time, Naruto portrayed his reduced intelligence quite well and so far no one has suspected anything, which means that I am not completely hopeless in training someone.

I decided to double-check our down suppliers before the long trip, so I went to the farm. I went out into the backyard and jumped over the gate into our rabbits' house, fortunately due to the warm climate in Konoha and the support of chakra, I did not need to build an animal barn or write runes with the same functions. By the way, the earth was clean of their excrement thanks to the runes, which not only cleaned the earth, but also moved all the fallen fluff into the sealing scrolls.

Before my eyes, 14 bundles of cuteness appeared before my eyes called Sekyunso rabbits (a fictitious name, an analogue of Angora rabbits). The words that they multiply quickly were true, because in one litter as many as 12 babies appeared. They are still too small, so the fluff was collected only from those purchased. From one rabbit it was possible to collect up to 50 grams of fluff, with a volume of 1 cubic decimeter, and within a month it would grow back. As a result, now we already have 100 grams of fluff, which is definitely only enough for a couple of small draws, but nothing with item replacement. I hope this situation improves by Chunin Shiken.

While talking with you, I checked the integrity of the runes responsible for replacing the water in the lake from which rabbits can drink, and the completeness of the feed supply apparatus to improve the quality of their fluff.

After spending some more time cuddling with the stuffed bunnies, I went home because it was getting dark and it was time for dinner. Since I won’t have the necessary equipment to prepare delicious food along the way, I decided to cook more now and put it in a spatial scroll modified with time dilation runes. And what could be better for traveling than rich and slightly spicy pilaf.

I temporarily put the table into inventory, and in its place I put firewood, set it on fire and hung a cauldron over it. By the way, the fire was enchanted to improve the taste of food and for some reason it turned green. All safety rules were followed because several years ago I covered the entire house with runes that included fire resistance.

First of all, I threw chopped veal with butter into the cauldron and fried it until golden brown. Then I poured water with small chopped carrots and seasonings for the pilaf, waiting 30 minutes for everything to simmer well and be able to add the main ingredient.

After adding the pilaf and closing the cauldron tightly, I started dancing around the fire. I heard that Indian tribes could even make grass taste good with dancing, so that definitely wouldn't hurt me. Now the kitchen looks a little like a witch's house

A few minutes later, I felt eyes on my back and turned towards the doorway, seeing Anko there.

“...Youuuu know, I just wanted to get some cookies, so I won’t bother you.” – she said after a long pause, took the glass jar and quickly disappeared from sight. A few seconds later, her head popped out from behind the wall again, staring at me.

“Shoo, shoo, don’t bother me cooking pilaf, nya.” – I said, driving her away with my hands.

"Yeah of course." – my little sister answered with a blank look and went to her room.

Since no one else was bothering me, I was able to continue the dance and ten minutes later the magnificent pilaf was ready: the rice was yellow, the veal was well-fried, and the carrots were soft and tender.

I put some on my plate to fill myself up now, and the cauldron, along with the rest of the pilaf, went into my inventory. As soon as I touched the fork, the plate was immediately clean. Because of its excellent taste, I was tempted to take some more pilaf from the inventory, but thanks to my steely will, I managed to resist this urge.

After dinner, I returned the table and went to sleep in my velvet bed, cuddling with a soft and fluffy fox toy.

15.03.0063

Today I woke up energized and ready to embark on my first trip with Team 7.

Breakfast passed calmly and it seemed Anko decided to forget about yesterday's event for the sake of her own sanity. After eating, I said goodbye and quickly ran to the meeting place of our team. During my parkour on the rooftops, Naruto joined me. He started doing somersaults until he accidentally crashed into a wall. This made me laugh a lot and, due to my fast running, a small bird fell into my mouth. I stopped and coughed out a few feathers. Now my student also started laughing and in such a cheerful atmosphere we came to the right place.

Sasuke and Kakashi soon joined us as we learned to follow our sensei's timeline.

“The Hokage contacted me and said that a special mission is ready for you, so let’s go to him without wasting time.” - Kakashi said and ran at a speed equal to chunin, but thanks to our training, we were all able to keep up with him.

A few minutes later we were already in front of the office.

“Team 7 has arrived.” – Kakashi reported and went inside.

“You are just in time, I noticed your fervent wishes and some people’s assessments that you have enough skill, so today you will receive a C-rank mission. Your task will be to escort a famous bridge builder to his place of work and protect him until he finishes building the bridge. By the way, here is the client.” - Hiruzen said in a kind old voice.

A muscular, tanned man with graying hair staggered into the room. He was wearing a black robe, beige pants, small glasses and a sweat towel hanging around his neck. The reason for his clumsiness was the incomplete bottle of sake in his left hand.

“Hic! What kind of children are these?” – he asked in a half-shout.

“Mr. Tazuna, this is a team of ninjas tasked with carrying out your mission.” – the Hokage answered with a calm smile.

Glug-glug-glug

“I was hoping that they would give me normal ninjas, and not this little thing.” - answered the drunk guy after taking a sip from the bottle. This inappropriate attitude started to make me angry, so I decided to take action.

“Mr. Tazuna, I assure you that we are reliable ninja and can handle this task, nya,” I said with a slight smirk, sitting on his shoulder and holding my tanto to his throat.

“Okay, I agree to be escorted by this team.” – he answered with irritation and normal volume.

“Great, then I wish you a good trip and may the will of fire be with you.” – Hiruzen said, filling out the form with our mission.

So, as a company of five people, we left the gates of Konoha and our mission began in the land of Waves, nya!

1