Chapter 44. Finished bridge and report to Hokage
316 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

05.04.0063

Several days had already passed since the battle and subsequent massacre and the bridge was completed. This bridge was made in the standard Japanese style with many arches, the pedestrian area was made of oak or similar wood, and the arches, railings and everything else were red. Now all that remains is to choose a name for it. While my team and the builders were busy brainstorming, I lay quietly on one of the bridge's railings, basking in the almost summer sun and thinking about the events of the past days.

I visited Gato's main base again before it was looted by the remnants of his gang and the government of this country. There were low-quality weapons, armor, expired alcohol and yellowed papers that I needed. The content of which was quite interesting, including the financing of the third ninja war, manipulation of elections in small countries, tea and pearl trading companies, oh and here is humanitarian aid for children affected by the last ninja war. I'm not sure if he helped the children to ease his conscience or to improve his reputation and recruit more mercenaries? Okay, it doesn’t matter, but I took the papers for ownership of orphanages, maybe I can do something with them.

Having put the papers in my inventory, I decided to return home, but, walking past Gato’s desk, I stopped and smelled the smell of loot. A crowbar fell out of my inventory into my hands and wood chips flew in all directions.

A couple of minutes later there was practically nothing left of the expensive and beautiful table, and under one of its legs there was a safe in the floor. Who needs a key when there is dark magic that can dissolve everything. Inside was a flask with a strange liquid and some more papers. Here it was written about the supply of test subjects for Orochimaru and at the bottom of the sheet I found several signatures, one of which belonged to Hiruzen. Hah, so it's not so clean here either, but it gives me the opportunity to add Zabuza and Haku to Konoha.

There was nothing else there. Although there was not much hope, I would be pleased if there were some books on ninjutsu or Uzumaki seals. It’s good that there are several more such caches scattered around the world.

(Good music “The Beat of Nature” Olexy)

It is so pleasant to lie under the warm sun, the soft wind gives the necessary coolness and white clouds slowly float overhead. Also, it's nice to hum some old song from Earth and listen to these idiots arguing for the third hour about choosing a name for the bridge. So far, we have settled on “Tazuna Ohashi”, “Haru Ohashi” (great spring bridge) and “Yosei Ohashi”. For some reason, the third option seemed confusing to me.

“Hey people, stop. I don’t want to mess around here for another week, so let’s stick with my take on “Viva la Libertad Ohashi”, nya.” – I said, lying on my side on the railing of the bridge.

“Sister, what does this mean?” “Naruto was the first to ask a question.”

“Like this is the “Bridge of Freedom” because we liberated this country from Gato’s tyranny, nya.” – I answered with the intention of ending this argument.

“Does everyone agree that this is a good idea?” Tazuna asked, moving away from me for some reason.

"Yes."

“Yes, you know.”

“Yeah.”

"Okay, now let's take our prisoners and return to Konoha." – said sensei closing his extremely *uninteresting* book.

We quickly said goodbye to Tazuna and his family and began our two-day journey back. Everything was fine until the river stood in front of us and we remembered that this time we were without Tazuna’s boat. Luckily our group knew how to walk on water using chakra *Gurg*...at least most of us can. Sasuke had only recently learned to walk in trees, so he fell into the water every two steps. In the end, he got tired of this and simply swam the remaining quarter of the river, and our journey continued.

08.04.0063

We were in no hurry, so we arrived in Konoha at noon 3 days later and immediately headed to the Hokage's office. On the way, we met Anko and gave her the prisoners for temporary custody, because she worked in the T&I (torture and interrogation) department.

A couple of minutes later we were already in front of the office, where Hiruzen, as usual, was drowning in a sea of ​​documents.

“Hello, Hokage, we have returned from a very difficult and long mission to Nami no Kuni and we want to give a report and receive a reward, nya!” – I shouted, pushing the door open with my foot.

“Yes, that's what she said. Here is the report, but we need to discuss the reward in more detail. Kids, you are free to do this, and tomorrow I will come with your reward.” - Kakashi said. At this time, Hiruzen simply looked at us with surprised eyes, not understanding what was wrong with the mission.

“Aika, this applies to you too.” – Sensei added, seeing that I didn’t leave.

“Nyo” – because of my words, a staring game began between us, but I won, so I stayed where I was.

“Hokage, I respect you very much, but why the fuck were fresh genin sent on a rank A mission?! Konoha ##### has something wrong with ###### intelligence?! ######## children ####### one of them is a vessel of the Kyuubi, and the other ###### is the last Uchiha with a ######## anger complex. Do you ##### generally think ###### with your own head or have your ###### brains melted in your old age #######. ####### ########, ######## ##, ##############!!!!!!(too much here there’s a lot of swearing, so let’s better enjoy the quack of ducks)” – documents scattered across the floor from the sensei’s cry of rage.

“Okay, I understand your completely justified complaint, I also assure that today we will discuss your team’s mission at the council in Konoha, and early tomorrow morning you will receive an answer.” – even I was slightly surprised how Hiruzen calmly accepted all this and responded normally.

“I apologize for my inappropriate behavior and have a nice day.” – Kakashi said, leaving the office.

The Hokage sighed and began to collect papers from the floor.

“I take it you need something too?” he asked, contemplating retirement.

“Of course, old man. As you already know, during the mission we captured two nukenin, whose strength could be useful to Konoha. Plus, we have their loyalty, nya.” – I said, sitting on a green soft sofa.

“You understand that the council members will not approve of the admission of nukenin into Konoha.” - he said, taking a drag from his pipe.

“I understand that, but I'm sure that if I ask sincerely, you can think of something, nya.” - I answered him with a grin, showing a piece of paper on which was written <I know some information about you and Orochimaru, nya, so if you don’t want others to know about it too, then...>. Of course, an illusion was placed on the paper so that the contents could not be seen by the Anbu and Root who were in the room.

“Cough-cough, if a Konoha shinobi asks me, then I, as a good Hokage, must fulfill her request.” – Hiruzen coughed up smoke from what he saw.

“Thank you, I always knew I could rely on you, old man, nya.” – my goodbye made him cough again, due to the amount of disrespect shown to him in one hour.

*Okay, now it's time to go back to home, sweet home. I wonder how Anko and Yuha are doing...*

5