Book 0: Chapter 1: The Ring
645 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So here I am, on Wednesday, right now it’s lunch break people just sorta walk around minding their own business, talk to others and such, right now I just finished my lunch and walk in the hallway… oh Chris is up to his usual antics again, talking to a girl… I don’t recognized her at all, she’s wearing a black cloak which is already suspicious on its own, she have a light brown hair tied with two tiny pigtails as well as violet eyes, she’s actually not that short compared to him, the difference is like only an inch or two.

“So how about it? Want to come along?” Seriously seeing his antics really irritated me, and I usually don’t get irritated. The girl have a grin on her face like she’s scheming something, seriously though who is she? It seems a few others are watching the scene unfold as well. I’d rather not see this train wreck, I’m going back to the classroom.

 

#####

 

Here I am in the classroom, I think the eclipse will happen in a minute or two… maybe I should look out the window and see it for myself, it’s quite a sight. Now I’m looking out the window to see the moon closing in on the sun… and there it goes! The eclipse! Quite an event but I don’t see the reason to-

Wha!?

… A ring of rainbow spread… everything feels slowed down… the world literally lose its color… what the hell? What’s going on!? What is happening!?

*Flash*

Arrgggg!!! Sharp… pain… hurt… all over… this is… the worst…!

 

#####

 

“Oi! Wake up! Did the spell not work? I’m pretty sure it is” Huh? Suddenly a girl speak up, I think I have heard her voice before, just don’t remember where… was I lying on the ground? Thing feels strange… something isn’t right… my body feels super weird... 

“Oh, so it does work! Open your eyes and wake up already!” The feminine voice said.

“Alright!... Huh?” What’s with that voice that came from my throat? Am I hallucinating or something?

“You can ask question later just wake up!” I’m glad she’s concerned but she seems quite forceful. Alright, opening my eyes, let’s see who she is… I didn’t recognized her at all, she have long white hair and red eyes, super rare, cute face as well. Eh? Is that rabbit ears on her head?

*Grab*

Ugh! Don’t just grab me by my neck! I get it! I get it! I’ll stand up!... How come she can lift me up so easily? And is it just me or is she quite tall, she’s taller than me after all, a guy.

“Alright wolf girl how are you feeling right now?” The bunny girl said.

“Wolf girl?... What’s with my voice!?” Why is my voice sounds so high! Like it’s a girl’s voice! What does she mean wolf girl!?

“Great, now you’re panicking, just come with me” She then grab me by my shirt.

*Dash*

Ahhhh!!! Why is she so fast don’t drag me like that!!!

 

#####

 

So dizzy…

“Okay, get a good look at yourself wolf girl” I’m gonna stand against that.

“I’m not a wolf girl!... Huh!?” I looked at the mirror and instead of seeing myself it’s a girl with wild looking gray hair, reaching her back at least, her eyes are amber in color, the clothes she have doesn’t fit her all, it’s oversized, on top of her head are animal ears, most likely wolf’s… but there isn’t anyone else except her and I, does that mean!?

“Get it now? That eclipse done you in, now you’re stuck as a wolf girl” I-I’m stuck like this!? I’m touching my body right now, and the girl in the mirror do the same! She’s me and I’m her! How does that work!? Are these ears real!? I can feel it… it is real…

*Grab*

“Hyaah!” I let a girly scream… seriously is that my voice!?

“You also have a tail as well” She’s grabbing my tail! I can tell it’s my tail since I feel it! The heck is going on?

“What is going on!?” I said to the bunny girl.

“Calm down, panicking will get us nowhere, anyway what’s your name?”

“Thomas, Thomas Reed” It feels weird using my clearly male name with a girl’s voice.

“I see, I’m Lunia…” It seems like she’s trying to say her last name but stopped.

“What’s with that pause?”

“No need to worry about that, anyway I bet you saw that weird rainbow ring right?” And she doesn’t even reveal her last name in the end, not like that it’s exactly a problem, but it’s strange that she doesn’t say it.

“Yeah, what was that all about?” I asked really concerned and confused.

“Who can say? Anyway the world have gone upside down because of it and many people began to change”

“Change… like how I became a wolf girl and you a bunny girl?” She then paused for a few seconds processing what I just said.

… 

“... Yeah something like that, anyway I think it’s best to look for your friends at this point, I think most are still knocked out by that flash of light” What’s with that pause?

“That does sound worrisome, I guess we could-”

*Sniff*

“Hey… did you hear that?”

“Yeah, someone is sobbing, seems to be inside one of the rooms, let’s check it out” She said and walk to the room in the back, I did the same. She tried to open the door but it stayed shut.

“It’s locked… well, nothing I couldn’t handle” As soon as she said that she-

*Smash*

Punch a hole in the side of the door that was keep it shut and the door opened, how did she do that? 

“Let’s see what’s insi-... what the actual fuck?” Her eyes widen and clearly uncomfortable with what’s in there. She stares at it for a while then back off.

“What’s in there?” I said worryingly.

“... See it for yourself, it’s not for the faint of heart I can say that for certain, be mentally prepared” She said that and walk back to the restroom entrance, what could possibly… I looked away the second I saw it...

I think I need eye bleaches for this…

Uggg, seeing it make me feels really nauseous… I think I need to puke it out. Thankfully all other stalls are free… 

 

#####

 

“Like I said, not for the faint of heart” She said after I’m done letting the rainbow out.

“You weren’t kidding… what in actual hell was that nightmarish scene?”

“Simple, judging from the dragoness’ expression it is clear what have been done to her was... non-consensual, whoever did it is a real piece of work, seriously the mess in that stall...” She said glancing aside clearly uncomfortable talking about it, I can’t even think about it without wanting to puke again.

“I’m sorta mental blocking everything I saw so can you describe the girl in question?”

“She have long silver hair and yellow slitted eyes, her legs and arms are covered in silver dragon scales, so is her torso aside from her breast, the scales reach her neck but no more than that, her hands and feet are more like that of a dragon of course, also dragon wings” 

“What… should we do about her?” We certainly cannot abandoned someone like that...

“... I think perhaps we should leave her alone for now, she’s not going anywhere anyway, I actually know who her assailant is, and chances are she’s not here”

“She? A woman did this?”

“What? It’s not impossible, anyway let’s get the hell out of here” She said.

*Grab*

Grab me by my left wrist and walk out the restroom, honestly it’s hard to process everything that just happened, now I’m a wolf girl, apparently hell break loose on this world, and a bunny girl is helping me out. Now we’re in the hallway.

“Anyone you want to look for in particular?”

“... Gary and Mark, I need to found those two, as well as the rest of my classmates”

“Alright, use [Apprasial] to check for their name”

“Huh?”

“You know, like in those literature RPG, that skill use to learn stats and information of others, just will it and you can found out”

“I don’t get but I’ll try” Seems like a load of bull but this whole thing is like that already.

*[Apprasial]*

 

<Apprasial Blocked>

 

“Huh?” 

“Sorry but I’m not letting myself get appraise, go do it to someone else”

“How did you… what was that?” I asked feeling really confused.

“Just use it on others okay? Just for their name and race” How does this person know so much? How much does she know?

“... Not really sure what you mean by that but okay…” I think I have no choice but to trust her for now.

 

#####

 

As I walk around the unconscious people, with a few looking like something out of a fantasy setting, I found two girls lying beside each other, one is a fox girl and another girl with bull horn and tail... their clothes doesn’t quite match their appearance… let’s appraise them, I get a bad feeling about this...

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Gary Cox

Race: Bull Beastkin

 

Name: Mark Bando

Race: Kitsune

 

“Huh!?” These two are them!?

“Stop saying that… so that’s them, two girlfriends huh?” She said with a smug grin.

“No! And they weren’t girls either! I also wasn’t!”

“Oh? So a three guy threesome instead?” She said looking at me still grinning.

“Can you stop messing around for now!?”

“Yeah sure, anyway I guess you want me to carry them back to your classroom?”

“... Probably for the best…”

“I’ll do that then, you go found the rest of your classmates then” As soon as she said that she grab the two and runoff, doesn’t look like she have any problem carrying them either.

“Guess I’ll do that”

 

#####

 

Maya! Looks like she isn’t changed… and the girl next to her must be Emma… her lower half is a spider’s… I can see she have multiple eyes all close up… 

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Emma Perry

Race: Arachne

 

Yeah it’s certainly her, her hair color doesn’t seem to change like those two or me though, then again just being half-spider is a lot of of change already.

“So am I to assume these two are from the class as well?” Lunia asked.

“Yeah, I guess it’s no problem bringing them back to the classroom?”

“Sure, just keep finding your friend and I’ll bring them there” She gave me a thumbs up and carry those two back, doesn’t seems to be bothered by picking up a giant spider body at all.

 

#####

 

Whoa! A centaur! And that’s Leah as the top half, I don’t even have to appraise her but might as well just to be sure.

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Leah Stewart

Race: Centaur

 

Yep, definitely her, it’s gonna be weird for her having her lower half exposed… is that a male part I saw!?

“Oh look, a hermaphrodite, not exactly what I expected to be honest, guess I’ll also have bring her back?”

“Yeah…” As soon as I said that she carry her back to the classroom, and I continue to search for everyone else.

 

#####

 

A mermaid… long dark blue hair… yeah… I know who ‘she’ is…

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Cooper Wood

Race: Mermaid

 

Yep. I also look at around me and found Gavin and Adam unchanged and lying on the ground 

“So these three?” Asked Lunia once again.

“Yeah”

“Alright” She pick up both guys, rush back to the classroom and back here to grab the mermaid back to the classroom as well.

 

#####

 

Oh! I think that’s Zoey and Hugo! Aside from the silver hair she look about the same… no wait! Her ears are pointy! She’s an elf! Let’s look at Hugo… also pointy ears.

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Zoey Miller

Race: Dark Elf

 

Name: Hugo Baker

Race: Elf

 

… I want to ask the difference between the two but I know it’s not the time for that, I simply point at the two and Lunia began carrying them already, at this point there’s no need to speak it out loud.

 

#####

 

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Tyler Price

Race: Cat Beastkin

 

Somehow I’m not surprised by that at all, probably something to do with his love for cats, anyway it seems like he got shorter or something, the shirt doesn’t fit him that well anymore. Let’s see if there’s anyone else, I think I know the pattern of the change somewhat, I mean it make no sense for me to be a wolf girl or my two friend to change but for some it kinda fits, so that harpy is most likely Lilian and that female dryad have the same hair color as Fern.

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Lilian Clark

Race: Harpy

 

Name: Fern Flores

Race: Dryad

 

Yep, time to point at those three, Lunia quick grabs Tyler and Fern first and put them in the classroom, then dash to get Lilian back.

 

#####

 

A unicorn person! Who is she I wonder? 

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Kevin Carter

Race: Unicorn Beastkin

 

Oh… it’s him… though maybe it’s her now?... I don’t want to check. Anyway anyone else?... Oh there’s a dragon girl over there, red scales, red hair, most likely Aniya.

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Aniya Sanders

Race: Fire Dragonkin

 

Yep, time for more pointing and more Lunia impressively carrying them back in record time. So four people left, Eric, Sophia, Chris, and Elena.

 

#####

 

There’s Elena! She seems to be fine… I think… her skin is paler than before… something tells me she also changed.

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Elena Moore

Race: Vampire (True Ancestor)

 

Yep… and she’s a vampire… that’s gonna be troublesome to deal with… what does true ancestor even mean?

“I guess she’s the last one?”

“Well, the third to last but yeah”

“Alright, time to bring her back to the classroom, you should as well”

“Huh? But there’re three people we still didn’t find yet!”

“No worries, Sophia is patrolling around the school right now Chris got his… not totally deserved retribution but retribution nonetheless” She dismissively said, is Sophia actually fine? And she know where Chris is?... And now she’s carrying Elena away... Hold up!

“Hold on what does that mean!?”

“No need to worry about that right now, I’ll explain the best I can”

“How did you even know about us? Were you in the school and got changed?”

“Like I said explanation will come later, just wait in the room and I’ll go get those two”

“What about Eri- Ugh!” She’s grabbing me by the neck again! She’s lifting me up with one arm!

“We don’t talk about Eric, just come with me obediently” She said with anger in her eyes.

*Drop*

“Gah!” That hurt…

“Fine! Just please make sure everyone is safe okay?” I said to her.

“You don’t have to worry about that, I’ll make sure you’re all safe” She said with a small smile of confidence. 

 

#####

 

Right now I’m in the classroom, the outside is dark and stormy, it isn’t raining or anything but certainly ominous. Everyone is in the room aside from Chris, Eric, and Sophia.

*Open*

“Here’s Chris” She said holding the silver dragoness in her arm, is that really him? I mean her?

*Throw*

“Whoa!” 

*Crash*

“Ow… what was that for?” Literally throwing the dragon girl at me.

“Anyway I’m going to go get Sophia now, wait for a bit” She said and close the door leaving us behind, is this actually Chris? The… unfortunate girl in the restroom?

*[Apprasial]*

 

Name: Chris Bell

Race: Silver Dragonkin

 

So it is him… or her now I suppose… what now? I guess waiting?... Guess I might as well explore my changes for now, let’s see… obviously wolf ears and tail, my hair and eye color changed, I’m a girl now…

*Grope*

Yep… that’s definitely breast, not sure about the size, doesn’t seem to be big that’s for certain. Also have to touch down there to be 100% certain!...

Yep, the little one is gone… I’m definitely a girl now… as if dealing becoming part wolf wasn’t enough… I’m just lying on the ground not sure what to do at this point, all I can to is wait for Lunia to explain everything, she clearly knows a lot, both about what happened to us and who we are, she knows about us…

*Open*

“I’m back” Oh! That was quick… yep, that’s Sophia right there, then that only leaves Eric… and Lunia clearly intended to not talk about him…

“Wow, that’s a lot of people changed…” Sophia commented, she doesn’t seem surprised by this whole deal.

“I wasn’t expecting so much change either but here we are” Said Lunia, now what is actually going on?”

“Is that actually Thomas?” Sophia said pointing at me, I simply nodded.

“Yeah, now then it’s time to wake everyone up, ready for this Tina?” Lunia said facing me.

“Tina?”

“Sounds way less masculine than Thomas isn’t it?”

“I guess… so what now?” I said scratching my head still confused about this whole ordeal.

“Like I said, ready for everyone waking up, you are the best person when it comes to helping people cope after all”

“Thanks? I guess? I could do that… even without you asking…”

“I guess they are going to scream really, really loudly?” Sophia asked.

“Yep, aside from Chris who is… broken, and Tina who kinda understand what is going on now, everyone else will panic and scream more than likely, I would cast [Silence] but chances are they’ll freak out even more” Guess that’s a spell or something, so magic exist… duh, look at us, most here are mythical creatures after all of course it existed.

*Clap* *Clap*

“Alright time for some magic!” Lunia‘s hand is covered in light and direct it at everyone unconscious. Their body are then enveloped in light and they start twitching and moving… they’re so gonna freak out...

5