Book 1: Chapter 4: Elena: More Trying Before Chaos
244 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<01:48 PM | 12 minutes before chaos>

 

Yeah… there should be nothing to worry about with her here…

“I want to try something out, if that’s fine with you” Suddenly someone spoke up from the stand, I look up to see Fern standing up, at least if I remembered correctly… 

“Well that’s fine with me, what about the rest of you?” Mark replied and ask our opinion, I simply nod in agreement. I think there’s no need to disagree, and seems like everyone else is of the same opinion.

“Well, if it’s fine with you all as well, I like to do this outside, you can come to see if you want, but I won’t force you” Fern said so and walk out the school gym, I’m not sure what to do myself, I look back at Thomas who look a little concern, he... I mean she’s always been like that.

“I’ll go, what about you all?” Thomas said so and ask for our choices, I nod once again, I think I’d rather be somewhere with her around. Everyone else also of the same opinion of me as well, so we all rush out of the gym to where Fern might be.

 

#####

<01:52 PM | 8 minutes before chaos>

 

It’s been a while and there’s no sight of Fern… where is she right now?

“What the!?” Is what Thomas let out seeing the scene before her, the plants near us are moving in a rather unnatural manner… is this Fern’s doing? Where is she anyway?

“I appraise her status earlier, seems like she can control plants, and even possess them, she can use [Spirit Form] like me as well, essentially becoming a ghost, though I doubt she can do the latter two right now, she must be around here” Mark said to us and Thomas began looking for her immediately… maybe I should help out as well.

*Flap*

Huh? Lilian start flapping her arm wings, is she trying to fly? She hovers for while then-

“Ah!” Fall down.

“Be careful!” Aniyah let out a voice of concern while grabbing Lilian before she fall as well, seems like she can’t quite fly just yet. Everyone else is also looking around, aside from Cooper who’s still in her tank, looks like she’s trying something though. Maybe magic? I dunno.

“Did she seriously manage all of this? Kinda unthinkable” Gary said so, I also doubt she can do all of this by herself… 

“Maybe she really did turn incorporeal and possess something, I think [Appraisal] can help with that” Mark said so and start inspecting plants around us. I think I should try as well

[Appraisal]

 

Not that one.

[Appraisal]

 

Not that one.

“Found her” Thomas state so looking at one particular tree, there’s not a lot of them around the school as far as I know.

“Seems like I’ve been found out” A sound come out of the tree, that’s certainly Fern voice.

“How did you manage to do these kind of things so quickly?” Mark asked her in a somewhat amazed tone. Then suddenly she walk right out the tree.

“I found someone who’s nice enough to teach me these things” Huh? There’s someone else around who is not only awake like us but know about her ability?

“Who is this person? Did they give you their name” Mark asked in a somewhat… cautious tone.

“Called themselves Terra, can’t really tell if they’re a man or a woman though” Fern replied without much thought.

“Huh!?” Mark then let out a sound of absolute shock, what is so shocking?

“What’s the matter?” Thomas asked.

“T-That’s one of the character in the story I talked about…” That story? How does that make any sense?

“You’re saying someone from that story that also use the same mechanic as the real world right now is present here?” Thomas asked some more.

“Y-Yeah… this character is… powerful to put it bluntly, level in the five digits” Mark said, five digits? Isn’t everyone here level in two digits right now?

“You can’t be serious about that right?” Gary asked sounding a little scared.

“Nope, though hopefully it’s the story that is wrong… or not, since the character is heroic… anyway what the hell is with this reverse isekai situation!?” Mark said sounding more and more frustrated by the events going on. I’m more confused and scared than anything else. I think I don’t want to deal with her tantrum or whatever it is… that’s why I’m behind Thomas right now.

“Arg! When can I change this!” Suddenly Cooper yelled out, very unlike himself of the past I just realized, he wasn’t super calm and composed like Hugo or unemotional like Eric, but he certainly wasn’t one to get frustrated like this.

“Now now, you’re not gonna mastered it in a minute, give yourself some more time” Thomas said so, trying to calm Cooper down, she looks really moody right now, not having legs must’ve sucked really badly… compared to those with more than two…

“Whoa!” Lilian let out a sound again, seems like she was trying to fly again while we wasn’t looking, well, aside from Aniyah, who catches her once again.

“Maybe you should try something else not so dangerous” Aniyah said trying to make Lilian stop.

“... Fine” Seems like she give in. Anyway where were we? 

“Anyway since I sorta learn from the expert maybe I could help out a little?” Fern said, I don’t know if I want to learn magic… 

Thirsty… needs… something…

“Hm?” Thomas looked at me, seems like she knows what’s going on… I can’t keep burdening her like this…

“Bite me” Huh? What did she just said?

“Huh?” 

“Come on, you don’t look so good, you should drink some blood to get better” She said while gesturing her hand pointing at her neck… is that fine?

I can’t control myself.

*Bite* *Suck*

I could hear other people letting out a voice in shock… but that doesn’t matter to me right now. I crave it…

And then I stopped…

“Feeling better now?” Thomas said so in such a soothing voice.

“Yeah” I said so while doing a small nod, then let go of her… is just did something really… unpleasant didn’t I…

“Hey hey, no need to get worked up about it, I’m fine” Thomas said so to me, I don’t feel like I earned her good will at all, but that’s the case with everyone here as well as far as I know, so I shouldn’t get too worked up about it… at least that’s what I want to be the case. I can’t really overcome this feeling… of guilt…

“But…” I tried to let her know how she make me feel right now, but the voice isn’t coming out.

“Now now, don’t be like that… you’re making me feel terrible” She said trying to sound sarcastic, but she’s clearly not fine with how I acted right now.

“I think you should get over this right now, you’re clearly bothering her” Fern said in an indifferent tone… yeah at this point I’m just making things worse.

“Hm? Seems like Zoey is trying something as well” Mark pointed out, looking at Zoey trying something, whispering to herself. I can’t make out what she said though, maybe Thomas and Mark know.

“She’s trying out spells, the area around her look a bit dim don’t you think?” Thomas said and describe the scene we’re looking at right now.

“Ah, right, Zoey! If you practice enough you can use darkness for fighting as well, use dark as a prefix for some sort of attack and try it out” Zoey jumped when Mark called her name, I’m not sure if she’s going to try what Mark said though.

“... [Dark Strike]!” She said that while striking the air, I think I saw the area she’s using to strike to be a bit dark, perhaps that was the dark element at play? I’m not really sure myself. At least it seems like it worked.

“I would say that’s a success” Thomas said sounding a little unsure of herself, rubbing her neck a little, no doubt due to what I did.

“Um…” Zoey started to speak up.

“What is it?” Mark said to her.

“Can you… help me try stuff out?” Zoey said so to Mark. Mark simply shrugged and walk to her.

“Sure, I’m fine with that” Mark said and smile at Zoey, I’m not sure what to make of this, I look around to see others doing their own thing, with Aniyah and Lilian practicing by themselves, Hugo tried stuff out by himself as well, Maya and Emma are chatting right now, Adam and Gavin seemed at a lost at what to do, Chris didn’t do anything, and I felt like I was clinging to Thomas this whole time… I think I might have a problem…

“Ah, by the way when will everyone else wakes up?” Thomas said sounding a little concerned, I am as well.

“Yeah… who knows what will actually happened if everyone wake up… nothing good I’d imagine” Gary added, as for myself I’m not looking forward to this either… it’s not gonna be good, I can certainly tell.

*Flap* *Flap*

Lilian tried to fly again, I wonder if she actually learned to not try that.

“Better be careful!” Aniyah yelled out to her.

*Flap* Flap* *Land* 

And she managed to land on the school’s roof, it’s not high compared to other buildings but certainly bad news if you fall off. She looks terrified right now

“Think you can come down from there safely?” Aniyah asked loudly, and didn’t get a good confirmation with Lilian shaking her head.

*Sigh*

Yep, Aniyah let out a sigh, and look back up at her.

“With the way I am now, I can certainly catch you from there and I’ll be fine, so just come down here already” Aniyah said so to Lilian, who hesitantly drop down.

*Catch*

“... That was way less impactful than I thought, must be this new dragon power” Aniyah said so to herself.

“So yeah do we have any idea when they’ll wake up? It’s gonna be dangerous being somewhere with so many people around” Gary bring back the topic, and I have no answer for that.

 

<02:00 PM | Time for chaos>

4