Book 1: Chapter 5: Tina: Beginning of Chaos and Tragedies
209 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<02:01 PM>

 

Right now we’re still outside the school building, still technically in the school itself, like, the part of the school that’s a field to do activity and stuff, surrounded by the other school facilities and so forth.

“Eeeek!” “Aaaaah!” “What the hell!?” “What are you!?” “Monster!” !? T-That was!

“Oh crap, everyone is waking up!” I stated the obvious, panicking really badly right now. Everyone in our class then quickly gather, trying to stay away from the panicking students and staffs.

“What the hell is going on!?” A random jock yelled out looking at another student a goat horn. 

“S-Stay away!” Another girl screamed out seeing a mass of goop moving around, must’ve been someone being turned…

“Everyone, I think we all know what to do right now” Mark said nervously, we all simply nodded. Then I ready myself to let out a loud cry as everyone readying up.

“RUN!!!” At this point there’s no point in negotiating or anything, what’s best for us right now is to run to safety, to our home, our classroom, whatever, we have to run. However one thing that I noticed is Chris being unable to even run, is she fine like this? No time to think! Just gotta grab her and run!

“What are you doing you fool!” At this point some of us run and group and others leave by themselves, I saw Emma carrying her sister and leave, Aniyah and Lilian both leave together, Elena, Mark, and Gary all run together, Hugo and Zoey both unexpectedly carry Cooper with them, putting her on Leah’s back all ran, Gavin, Adam, and Tyler leave together, I think Fern hide in the tree again, probably a smart move. So right now it’s just me and Chris, and there’s no way I’m leaving her alone! Thankfully my increased strength means I’ll have an easier time dragging her along. We have to leave, for me I think about going home, there’s nowhere else I could think off!

“We’re going back to my house! No question asked!” I yelled at Chris to make sure she know where we’ll be going.

*Run*

Running for our lives is definitely more literal right now, I can saw some trying to reason with each other, while other do something much more violent.

*Bang* *Crack* *Smash*

Chaos… that’s the only way to describe what’s going on… is this truly something the gods have done? Or maybe the better question is that are human such a chaotic and wild creatures? Otherwise this wouldn’t happened. I know full well that outside the school will also be terrible as well, if nothing else it’s gonna be worse, and I must steel myself for that, that’s what I must do, to protect others.

 

#####

<02:02 PM>

 

We’re now out in the streets and the situation is anything BUT better, damaged cars, broken windows, people on the floor either in shock or because they’re assaulted, the screams… the screams… I want it to stop… why can’t it stop?

“Die you demons!” “Why can’t you see reason!?” “This is god showing you who you truly are! Not one of us!” “All of you religious bastards can go to hell!” “No! What happened to my son!?” “Hey this chick looks even better than before” “Gets your hand off me you beast!” “Why is the world like this!?” 

Bunch of yelling and confusion, so much fear and irrational actions, I can’t stand this, I can’t stand letting anyone saw this, no one should, I’m sorry Chris for letting you see this. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I want to look back at Chris to confirm her expression right now but I can’t, I can’t risk slowing down and letting her see more of this, not to mention the danger we might be in, I can see some staring at us with less than unpleasant intent, and I can’t let that get hold of me, safe place, that’s my main concern. Home. Home. Home! 

 

#####

<02:04 PM>

 

“Haa… Haa… Haa… We’re here” I said as we stand in front of my home, then I tried to open the door.

It’s locked… oh wait I can just put in the password. It’s… this… there we go, now we can go in.

*Open*

I walk in while holding Chris’s hand, walking inside and close the door.

“Hopefully we’ll be safe in here, are you alright running all the way?” I know she have more stamina than me, but I’m just asking to be considerate, as for me I’m somewhat tired, but not too bad.

“I-I’m fine” Hey she managed to say something, that’s an improvement. Anyway I should find mom, I’m pretty sure she’s home today.

“If you say som anyway I should go look for my mom, hopefully she’s fine” It’s kinda concerning she isn’t in this room right now, but maybe she’s hiding somewhere, not that she’s a coward of course, but in this situation who knows.

Let’s see… maybe upstair? Let’s go up. Looking for her room, let’s knock as well, don’t want to be rude.

*Knock knock*

“Hello?” I said to be courteous.

*Open*

Hm? Whoever opened the door was not me, and doesn’t look like mom either.

““Who are you?”” Eh? Did we both say that at the same time, the person in front of me… um… my mom definitely wasn’t blonde with red streak, nor is she small… nor does she have pink eyes and a lizard tail, and wings for some reason… who the heck is she? Can she be…

“Mom?” I said not so sure about myself. I might as well appraise her now.

[Apprasial] 

 

Name: Lara Reed

Gender: Female

Age: 43

Race: Cockatricekin

 

Level: 26

Class: Housewife

HP: 1,532/1,532

MP: 161/161

Strength: 114

Magical Prowess: 114

Dexterity: 113

Agility: 109

Luck: 100

Vitality: 105

Magical Resistance: 105

 

Weapon Proficiency 

Hidden Weapon: D

 

Race Trait: [Drain/Petrification Eyes] [Drain/Petrification Touch] 

 

Well that is certainly my mom… the heck happened to her? Here I thought mine was weird. Also those skills seems plenty dangerous.

[Apprasial]

 

[Drain/Petrification Eyes]: Activate the magical eyes to drain HP, if enemy is at 20% or less HP, can inflict petrify. Use 60 MP per second activated.

[Drain/Petrification Touch]: Activate the magical touch to drain HP, if enemy is at 20% or less HP, can inflict petrify. Use 30 MP per second activated.

 

Is it just me or has [Apprasial] become more detailed all of a sudden. Anyway that explained why I didn’t turn to stone immediately.

“A-Are you… Thomas!?” She said sounding unsure of herself as well, but she’s definitely not wrong, my name is Thomas Reed, though it doesn’t quite fit me right now, Tina fits better, but I’m not gonna tell her that yet. 

“Yep! I’m Thomas! Your son and aim to be friendly and helpful!” It’s a lofty and obviously idiotic goal, even I know that, but kinda became my catchphrase of sort, so it’s how people identify me. I could her sigh in relief and hug me, it’s kinda strange how she’s smaller than me, who’s small than before. Mom was only an inch shorter than me before all of this, now she’s even smaller, hopefully dad didn’t get caught for this, after all looking at her status it showed that she’s still at a legal age, unless we’re gonna get into how cockatricekin or whatever are considered young at this age, which I’m pretty no one is gonna bothered to do so. Anyway, hugs are nice.

“I’m so glad you’re okay, suddenly I blacked out, then turn into this, then outside gets really loud, I’m… very worried about you two, where’s he? Is he back yet?” Must’ve mean dad, he definitely isn’t here just yet, so let’s just say it flat out, lying is bad, I also have to told her about Chris.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t see dad anywhere, mom, I have a friend in a similar trouble as us, and she’s downstairs right now, can you welcome her? Despite what’s going on right now?” Mom and dad are both very open-minded people, so I think it’ll be fine, but I can’t be sure myself.

“It’s fine, hopefully everything will calm down, let’s us go down there and greet your friend” She said with a comforting smile, despite change in appearance she sure doesn’t change in behavior, something that can’t be said for some of us.

“Yeah” I said, feeling a little better about the whole situation. So both of us walk downstairs, seeing Chris sitting down on the sofa looking depressed as always, well, as in after the… incident.

“Is this the one you’re talking about? Can you introduce her?” Mom said in a curious tone, of course she’ll be seeing someone who doesn’t seem to be anyone of my friends, though calling Chris a friend is a bit of a stretch in the first place. I really can’t have that kind of attitude in front of her as she is now… I just can’t.

“Yeah, as hard as it is to believe… she’s Chris” I said awkwardly, I know full well that everyone in the school pretty much know full well about Chris and his antics, mom backed away immediately hearing that, but noticed Chris less than cherry behavior, starting to look concerned for her. Regardless of how she was in the past, she doesn’t deserve that, I kinda have to forcibly blocked out any information I might received from [Precognition], not that it completely worked with me not being completely sure how this special skill even work, just try to will it out of my head.

“I-Is she… okay? She’s a girl right? Actually you’re also a girl now right?” Mom said clearly confused and concerned, I gave her a nod.

“Yep, it’s honestly really awkward… my chest is crazy itchy in… that area right now” I try to ignore it as best I could as I was rushing back, but now that I’m fully aware of it it’s really bad.

“Goodness! That’s bad! Mom thinks you should get some new clothes, maybe my old one will fit!” She said as she go back up stair again, now that I think about her old clothes definitely won’t fit, the one she’s wearing right now is clearly very loose. I look back at Chris who was inspecting her body a bit, hopefully that isn’t the skirt chaser personality peeking through.

“Chris, how are you right now? Feeling uncomfortable anywhere?” I said sounding pretty darn concerned, she look at me, with those sad eyes you can’t really say no to.

“I-I… I don’t know… I don’t want to think about it, I don’t… I just want to don’t do anything, I just don’t want to risk anything anymore” After what happened it’s only natural, her interaction with that… person clearly doesn’t make her feel comfortable talking with anyone or anything, still something that has to be fix though.

“I’m okay with you being here you know? I won’t do anything I promise” I said giving a best smile I could, she looked at me for a while, then back down at herself… I could see a small smile, I could see that, that’s good.

“I’m back! I bring a few along, you friend could try as well, with both of you becoming a girl, no need to be shy, be my guest” She did in fact bring a few clothes and undergarments, I’m not sure if I should really try them or not, and I’m not sure if she wants to or not either, but I really don’t want to turn down her kindness, so I might as well try.

4