Chapter 5. An Explosive Appearance
2.9k 13 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   [You have eliminated a level 5 black-toothed hyena. You gained 20 experience points and 20 points for the ninja shop.]

   'It seems it was a hyena... But why specify that it had black teeth? Could it have had a poisonous bite? It doesn't matter. This specimen is already dead, and if I encounter another hyena, I'll make sure it doesn't have a chance to bite me,' Lucy thought after seeing the system notification.

   Since Lucy wasn't skilled in butchering animals, nor did she have an appetite for eating meat from a dog-like animal, she decided to leave the hyena's corpse and move on. Fortunately, she didn't have to go far to find her next opponent, as four other hyenas were heading towards the location of the battle, advancing swiftly without any caution.

   'They might have been alerted by the smell of blood and decided to come to the rescue', Lucy thought. But it turned out the hyenas weren't as loyal as she imagined, because as soon as they arrived at the place where the body of the hyena killed by Lucy was, they began to tear pieces of meat from the dead hyena, completely ignoring the young catgirl who stood at a distance of 100 meters, shocked by their cruelty and greed.

   'These animals are truly disgusting. They started devouring one of their own without any hesitation. Heh, let them eat as much as they can. I don't intend to miss this opportunity. Although one of them is level 6 and seems slightly larger, the other three hyenas are identical to the specimen I killed moments ago. I think if I catch them by surprise while they're eating, I can eliminate them without any problem, even if there are more of them. Plus, I believe it's a good opportunity to test other products from the Ninja Shop. When I looked through its interface last time, I saw something that will be truly useful in this situation...'

   Lucy immediately activated the Ninja Shop skill and purchased an explosive paper worth 10 points. "Let's see if they'll like the gift from me," she said to herself as she stealthily approached the four hyenas in the quietest way possible.

   After reaching a suitable distance to activate the Steps of Light skill, Lucy instantly appeared behind the level 6 hyena. She swiftly attached the explosive paper to its back and then she gave it a powerful kick, sending it crashing into another hyena feasting on the opposite side. As Lucy leaped backward, distancing herself from the four hyenas, the explosive paper detonated, killing the level 6 hyena and severely injuring the one it collided with.

   'That went perfectly. I managed to take out two hyenas with one strike. Now let's deal with the other two.'

   Startled by Lucy's attack, the two unhurt hyenas glared at her, growling, unable to decide on their next move. However, hesitation was not advised before Lucy, as she disliked playing defensively. As soon as the cooldown period elapsed, she activated the Steps of Light skill once again, instantly appearing behind one of the hyenas. With her kunai, she swiftly slit its throat. Witnessing this, the last remaining hyena immediately lunged at Lucy, attempting to deny her any chance of recovery. But Lucy anticipated this and promptly used her ocular ability, which disoriented her opponent for two seconds, leaving the hyena petrified two meters away from Lucy. She didn't let the opportunity slip away and, with a kick to the hyena's chin, sent it soaring two meters into the air. 

   Unfortunately for the hyena, it didn't know how to fly and plummeted back to the ground, and at that moment, it impaled its neck on the kunai that was waiting for it below, filling Lucy's clothes with blood.

   After flawlessly executing this combo, Lucy threw her kunai into the head of the hyena injured in the explosion, which was attempting to rise to its feet, putting an end to the battle.

   'I'm truly formidable! Everything went great! I didn't feel so proud of myself even when I ranked first in karate competitions. I think I have a talent for being a ninja,' Lucy complimented herself in her mind after the fight concluded.

   [You have eliminated a level 6 black-fanged hyena and three level 5 black-fanged hyenas. You have gained 70 experience points and 70 points for the ninja shop.]

   [Your level has increased. Your level is now 3.]

   Upon seeing the system notifications, Lucy retreated approximately 50 meters from the blood-soaked area and decided to check her status while waiting for other hungry creatures attracted by the scent of blood. It was much easier to wait for them to come on their own than to search for them in an unfamiliar area, considering she had no hunting experience.

   [Status]

   Name: Lucy Everlynn

   Race: Catkin

   Classes: Magic Powered Ninja

   Level: 3 (45/100)

   Parameters

   Health: 100/100 

   Mana: 136/150 

   Stamina: 43/75

   Attributes

   Strength: 11 

   Defense: 5 

   Vitality: 8 

   Agility: 20 

   Dexterity: 20 

   Magic: 20 

   Intelligence: 12 

   Luck: 10

   [You can allocate a point to an attribute.]

   Skills:

   Ninja Shop (S)

   Nekohoshime (S) 

   Steps of Light (E)

   [You can select or create an E-ranked skill.]

   'I will follow the point allocation order I have established and add the point to the Defense attribute. Initially, I didn't believe that a single point could make a noticeable difference, but now, after the fight with the four hyenas, I must admit that just one point added to the Strength attribute has greatly helped me, increasing my strikes' power by almost 20 percent...'

   After increasing the Defense attribute from 5 to 6, Lucy noticed that the Health parameter limit had also increased from 100 to 110. 'It seems that the Defense attribute value has a significant influence on the Health parameter. Now let's see which skill to choose. Initially, I wanted to create a skill to enhance my stealth capabilities, but considering the impact attributes have on my combat abilities, I have concluded that acquiring passive skills to boost their values would be a good idea. So, I'll stick to the same order I decided on for attribute point distribution and choose to enhance the Strength attribute by acquiring the E-ranked skill Strength Increase Level 1 from the provided list of E-ranked skills by the system.'

   [Skill Strength Increase Level 1 has been selected.]

   [Strength Increase Level 1(E): A passive skill that increases the Strength attribute value by 20 percent.]

   'Okay. From what I can see, the slight increase in the Strength attribute doesn't have any visual effects on my body. That's a relief. I wouldn't want to end up with the body of a powerlifter... Anyway, let's see how my status looks now.'

   [Status] 

   Name: Lucy Everlynn 

   Race: Catkin 

   Classes: Magic Powered Ninja 

   Level: 3 (45/100)

   Parameters

   Health: 100/110

   Mana: 137/150 

   Stamina: 52/85

   Attributes

   Strength: 11 (+2) 

   Defense: 6 

   Vitality: 8 

   Agility: 20 

   Dexterity: 20 

   Magic: 20 

   Intelligence: 12 

   Luck: 10

   Skills:

   Ninja Shop (S) 

   Nekohoshime (S) 

   Steps of Light (E)

   Strength Increase Level 1 (E)

   'Good. It seems that the Stamina parameter limit has increased after acquiring this skill. This way, I can counter the adverse effect of the Steps of Light skill, which consumes two points of stamina each time I use it. I wonder what would happen if the Stamina value were to reach zero. Would I faint until it recovers? Anyway, now is not the time to test this theory. If I were to lose consciousness in this place, I don't think I would have much chance of waking up. Fortunately, the Stamina parameter recovers quite quickly, so I don't think it will pose a major issue as long as I try to win battles as quickly as possible, which is the focus of my fighting style. Additionally, the Ninja Shop offers various potions such as Ninja Tonic or energy drinks like Ninja Energy, which can help me rapidly increase my Stamina value. But these things will be analyzed later. It seems we have company again...'

   It appears that the corpses left by Lucy have attracted another group of hungry hyenas, who immediately began feasting on them.

   'It seems that the fish will always bite as long as you have the right bait. Okay. Let the harvesting of experience points begin!'

 
143