Chapter 8: Project D.R.E.AM
24 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Thank you....thank you very much. Well then everyone, why don't we start the seminar for real"

I can't read him. Among the people I have met so far, he is the most unpredictable person ever.

"C'mon"

(Nakabachi Hideo…)

"LET'S TALK ABOUT DREAMS"

Just who the hell are you?!

THE SEMINAR IS ABOUT TO BEGIN.

[Third person P.O.V]

*Door open*

Akiko entered the control room where a top view of the entire seminar could be seen through a large glass window. The room is dimly lit, and a young man is seated in front of his laptop illuminated by the glow of the screen.

"Ah, Akiko-chan♪, what's up—"

"DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN, UNDERSTOOD?" Akiko's voice turned icy.

"Y-Yes sorry(scary)"

"As long as you understand."

"You really can change your character so easily, don't you, Akiko-San?"

"It's really tiring to keep up that act. I would rather be myself." Akiko let her hair down.

"Eeh, but I prefer the Yamamoto Akiko who acts all cute and innocent♪"

"Shut up."

Akiko approached him and crossed her arms, looking at the stage through the glass.

"Quite a show isn't it, Tanizaki"

"Yeah, you can say it again. No matter how many times I see it, I will never get bored of this"

{Tanizaki Shu, 21 years old. He gives off a casual aura by wearing a lousy t-shirt with shorts, he has headphones hanging around his neck. He is in charge of graphical editing, control room and security management of DLC.}

"Honestly, humans are very interesting," Akiko said.

"This makes it fifth time, by the way Akiko-San, is it okay for you to leave the stage?"

"My job is done and the rest of it can be handled by Nakabachi sensei on his own"

*Sign* Tanizaki signed

"Aa ah, there goes another 10 million yen, I can't believe professor Nakabachi really did it again"

"Why are you complaining?"

"It's 50 million yen! It's not even a joke. He threw 10 million for every session that happened in these two days! If you gave me that much I would skip work and enjoy the whole year!"

"You want to get fired or something?"

"Well, keeping it aside, if he is going to do it anyway, why can't he do it at the start? He has wasted a lot of time "

"Moron(baka) didn't I say earlier? To make this experiment succeed we require their trust and cooperation, doing that stunt right off the bat would just raise their suspicion."

"Yeah yeah"

"Well this is the last session *yawn* Finally I can get some rest"

Tanizaki became quiet all of a sudden, slowly his expression changed.

"Akiko-San..."

"Hmm? "

"I have been meaning to ask something from yesterday"

"What is it? "

"The display showed that the professor's bank balance is 5 billion but in truth, it is not 5 billion-

IT IS 50 BILLION ISN'T IT?" Tanizaki asked seriously.

Akiko startled

"Oi, HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?" Akiko narrowed her eyes

"I did just a little bit of investigation" He said while tapping the laptop

(That laptop) Akiko's eyes widened

"Hmph, I don't have the memory of giving you my laptop, you sneaky thief"

"Now now, Don't change the subject"

(This guy..) 

"Answer me Akiko-San.

Why is he hiding his real balance? 

besides, not only that, he said that he earns around 1 million yen per day, but that's not true. Professor's daily income is  around 5 million yen, in other words, 150 million yen in a month. It's an unbelievable amount of money. How is he earning that much? First of all, can a person earn that much-"

"Tanizaki-Kun"

"Yes?(kun?) "

"It's been 1 and a half year since you joined DLC right? "

"Yes, what of it-"

"You are smart but as a senior let me give you a small advice"

"Huh? "

Akiko landed her right hand on his shoulder and leaned towards his left ear and whispered.

"YOU ARE JUST A EMPLOYEE HERE, IF YOU STICK YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, 

YOU WILL END UP DEAD"

Tanizaki froze upon hearing those words. The atmosphere became heavy.

"Got it? "

Tanizaki narrowed his eyes, slowly changing his expression.

"C'mon C'mon, why are you getting so serious? I was just curious, well as long as you pay me that's all matters"

"(That's right, just stay as you are. It really helps a lot that you are so nonchalant and carefree, Tanizaki) anyways…"

Akiko restored her posture.

"Seminar is about to start, once this is over the real fun will start. Really

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT"

[Seminar starts-Araki P.O.V]

"Dreams" Nakabachi started

"What comes to your mind when you hear this word?

An ideal world?

A fantasy? 

A place where your wishes can become true, Where your desires take shape Orelse

A ALTERNATE REALITY RESIDES IN OUR SUB CONSCIOUSNESS,

I am sure that many things would come to your mind

But! "

'Eh' the crowd murmured silently

"What is this phenomenon we are facing every night? 

What exactly are dreams?"

'Dreams...'

"That's right, What are dreams? There might be many answers but If you ask me, dreams are a possibility, a potential! A world which may really exist, a parallel world, a paradise! If we count the possibilities, they are infinite. If I have to describe it in one sentence It's

'A world which can make the impossible possible'

It's really a wonderful realm..."

Seminar has started.

Only five minutes had passed since the crazy incident, and everyone had settled down. Just moments ago, there was complete chaos, but this man handled it very easily. As I expected, this man is something else, and besides…

(Flashback- I THINK I HAVE MET HIM BEFORE)

That feeling…I can't ignore it after all.

(I have to do something) I clenched my fist

"Dreams are the epitome of our imagination. Anything can happen and anything is possible in dreams because they are not binded by our world rules. They don't obey the laws of physics.

You can fly in the sky if you want, visit places in a second, run at 100km/hr, lift 1000kg weight with your bare hands, you can also create matter from nothing in other words, you can use magic"

'Magic? '

"Haha, it might sound strange coming from a scientist but we are talking about dreams that's why ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

(Huh? This is kind of getting interesting)

"But there is a problem here" Nakabachi continued with a depressed look.

"We can't control our dreams. What we dream is completely random. Once the morning arrives, we will forget most of it and as the time passes, the small fragments which has remained will erase from our mind that's why dreams are nothing more than a delusion"

"But" Nakabachi's voice held a distinct pause.

"What if, what if I told you there is a way to control your dreams? A way to manipulate your dreams."

'Huh'

Nakabachi's smile widened.

"WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE IS A WAY TO TURN YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY?"

(A way...to turn dreams into reality?)

Everyone has paused hearing his question including me. His question and the concept is so captivating that it almost feels unbelievable.

'Turn dreams into reality?'

"That's right! this is our project, dream aswell as our invention!" *snap*

"PROJECT D.R.E.A.M!!!" Nakabachi exclaimed.

With a finger snap, the display has changed into a text written as PROJECT D.R.E.A.M

'PROJECT....D.R.E.A.M?'

"Dreams into Reality through Experimented Altered Minds, this is our experiment. Let me explain your role, 

As a participant, You are going to use a product which will help you to remember your dreams and which can enable you to control your actions, and by product I mean this..."

Nakabachi put his hand in his pocket and took out a tiny box of pills, the display changed and we could see the box in his hand through the large screen behind him.

'A pill?'

"Yes, you are going to consume this pill(💊) the effects of this pill will let you remain conscious in your dreams and by remaining conscious you can control your actions and by controlling your actions...do you know what I mean?

It means YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR DREAM ASWELL"

'WOAH! '

'A-amazing'

'This is so exciting' the crowd started to gasp and murmur in excitement.

"I said right, WE HAVE CONQUERED THE DREAMS. "

'So How did you make it?' A person asked.

"Tsk tsk tsk, I am very sorry, as of now I can't tell you how it was made or the chemistry behind it. That's why let's leave it as a secret" Nakabachi nodded his head.

I see. If he reveals the mechanism behind it, there might be a person who tries to replicate it and sell it, in otherwords he is avoiding unauthorized replication. 

(No wonder they are keeping it a secret)

"Well then, Let's talk more specifically about this project, have you heard of LUCID DREAMS?"

'Lucid dreams?'

LUCID DREAMS

I have heard about it, when I was searching for some leads on DLC in the internet, I came across this term.

From what I saw, It is a phenomenon related to dreams. Well, you will know about it soon enough. But, now that I think about it. This project's concept is very similar to it.

"I am sure that some of you already know it But let me explain- Lucid Dreams is a type of dream where a dreamer becomes aware that he is dreaming"

'He becomes aware? '

"That's right, the person will know that he is in a dream. This state of awareness allows the dreamer to realize that the events and experiences he is facing are not a part of the reality"

'Heh'

(But) 

"But that's not the end!

When a dreamer becomes aware that he is dreaming, what do you think will happen?"

'When he becomes aware that means he can!-'

"Correct, he will gain the ability to control his actions to some extent in otherwords HE CAN MANIPULATE HIS DREAMS"

'Ohhhhh! '

That's right, These are Lucid Dreams, that's why I said this project is very similar to it. 

"Interesting right? When I first learned about this phenomenon during my third year of high school, I was also captivated by it's wonder just like you. Even now I think, 'Ah How wonderful it is' However..." Nakabachi paused

"lucid dreams are rare; you may not experience them frequently, it might occur once in a month or once in a year and complete manipulation of our dreams is not possible. This led me to think, what if...

WHAT IF THERE IS A WAY TO COMPLETELY MANIPULATE DREAMS? "

'Dream...'

'Manipulation.. '

(This guy...)

"I decided to find it - a way to manipulate our dreams. So I began my search. Over the past 25 years, I have been searching for a way to manipulate dreams. I chose this field, joined a university, and researched about dreams. I failed many times and tried numerous things, but I didn't give up. I kept on researching. Day and night All I did nothing but research. Every day, every day, every day, and then..."

'Then...? '

Nakabachi's expression turned into a smile

"I found it...I succeeded in conquering the dreams! The way to manipulate our dreams and that way is right in front of your eyes! "

'Project... D.R.E.A.M'

"Looking back, it was a long road. It took so long to reach this point, I sacrificed many things along the way. But in return, we have found a way that exceeds your expectations – a kind of dreaming which has surpassed lucid dreams and even virtual reality!

Now you can manipulate your dreams, direct your dreams, narrate your dreams, guide your dreams which means

YOU ARE THE GOD OF YOUR DREAMS!"

'This is.. '

"Yes, this is PROJECT D.R.E.AM and the origin of this invention, Ladies and gentlemen get ready because This is the beginning of a New Era!!!"

(Beginning of a new... Era?!)

"THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S TIME FOR HUMANS TO EVOLVE"

I-I can't believe it. He used his half of his lifetime to chase after this pipe dream?! Isn't he afraid of failure? No, he isn't afraid of it that's why he made it

PROJECT D.R.E.A.M

If what he just said is true, then not only we can remember our dreams and control our actions,

WE CAN COMPLETELY MANIPULATE OUR DREAMS ASWELL!?

He created such technology!?

(Is this really tru-)

"If you still have doubts about whether this is true or not.. "

(Huh)

"Don't worry, because soon you are going to experience it to the fullest, The world of fantasies and desires-

THE DREAMWORLD!"

'DREAMWORLD..'

"Hmm♪, Interesting" Mizuki thought to herself

"Dreamworld huh" Kazuki murmured silently.

People started to chat and surprised murmurs spread through the crowd.

"Well then let's contin-"

"Um"

"Hm? "

"You said that this project will turn dreams into reality right? " Natsukawa interrupted

"Yes, Indeed"

"Then

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FEEL THE SURROUNDINGS IN DREAMS? "

'Surroundings? '

'Feel? Does she mean that we can use our senses in dreams? '

'Nah nah there is no way'

It's that pink hoodie girl again. What the hell is she asking? Using our senses in dreams? I didn't even think about it. You are kidding right.

(No way that's-)

"Hmph"

Wait, no way…. Right? In that case

WHY IS HE SMILING?

(Wait wait don't tell me...)

"You really ask some amusing questions don't you, Natsukawa Yume-san, but I am very glad that you asked it. Well I already planned to talk about this, looks like I have to rearrange things"

'Does that mean-'

"Yes, it's exactly what you are thinking. You can use your senses. "

'For...real!? '

'Un-unbelievable'

'Are you serious, professor? '

"Advanced Neural Synchronization"

(Sync?)

"Let me explain, Normally in dreams you are able to feel emotions but you can't feel your surroundings. You don't feel anything when you touch something, you don't know the smell, taste etc. No wonder you can't sense anything because it's a NORMAL DREAM"

"But! " Nakabachi continued

"The dreams which you are going to experience in our project are not normal! It's a special kind of innovative dreaming" *snap*

The display changed.

"I call it 'Nova Dreaming' "

'Nova dreaming? '

"This pill has micro sensors inside it. After you consume this pill, they will travel to your brain and then these sensors will establish a connection with the dreamer's consciousness. 

Further, This connection will synchronize the senses between the dream body and the physical body, In otherwords, it will directly connect the dreamer's body with the main body. So When the dreamer interacts with something this sensor will detect the signals and transmits them to the main body in reality allowing the person to interact with objects. to put it simply

YES YOU CAN FEEL YOUR SURROUNDINGS"

'Woooah!!' The crowd reacted in surprise.

"You can touch, smell, taste and You can even hear everything! Just like in reality, you can feel everything inside the dreams, it almost feels like you are living inside the dream, At this point it's not a dream anymore!

IT'S UNDENIABLY THE REALITY"

'Real..ity'

"Didn't I said, THIS PROJECT WILL TURN YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY"

This is...Unbelievable. By synching our senses we can feel and sense everything? Is there any greater experience than this? No there isn't, because

IT'S REALITY ITSELF

It just became reality, neither V.R nor A.R can catch up to it any soon.

(This is Advanced Neural Synchronisation-)

"Ah that's not the end, there is more to it"

(More!?)

"Up until now, you have come to know that you can remember your dreams, control your actions, and manipulate your dreams. Not only that, you can even feel everything inside, isn't it?"

'Yes'

"Then-

Have you ever thought of two people having the SAME DREAM? "

'Eh?'

"Yes, I am talking about MUTUAL DREAMING"

(Did he just say Mutual dreaming!?)

'Sorry, What did you just say? '

"You heard it right, Mutual dreaming"

'It's... Possible? '

"Yes, of course. After coming this far we can't possibly leave that behind, that's right

MUTUAL DREAMING IS POSSIBLE"

'O-oh come on, T-there is no way, we are talking about two different people dreaming together y'know? No matter how awesome these people are they can't possibly develop that techn-'

"We developed it," Nakabachi interrupted.

'h..uh'

"And besides, isn't that term already there in our name? 

DreamLink- As the name implies it means we are going to link dreams"

'Link?'

"This micro sensor is also capable to link two minds. After the sensor gets linked with another sensor, they will begin transferring the data of it's holder with each other making it possible for dreamers to experience mutual dreaming. While dreaming, they both exchange information and by doing that it will link two consciousness and allows two people to appear in a single dream and experience the same environment, in otherwords

IT WILL LINK THEIR DREAMWORLDS"

So what he is saying is,

THIS PILL WILL CONNECT TWO DREAMS!?

(This is far beyond my expectations)

"This is DreamLink, and besides not only just two, there is no limit to the connections it can make. Every sensor can make infinite connections and every sensor can get linked with each other which means

EVERY DREAM CAN BE LINKED"

'That means everyone sitting here can experience mutual dreaming!?'

" *Snap* Just as you said(sonotori) , everyone can dream the same thing! Everyone can experience the same dream! You can interact with each other and together you can navigate through dreams and you can even coordinate with each other! Don't you think that's amazing?!"

Ha..haha, What is...he saying? His explanation is like straight out of a sci-fi movie. The more he says the less it sounds like a dream. At this point,

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REALITY AND DREAM?

Is there a single thing that reality has and  dream doesn't?

"With this all the pieces are together..." Nakabachi continued

"Now you are going to experience your dreams like never before. You are going to witness an unknown reality! Consider yourself lucky my people! Because You are going to become one of the very first people to experience Nova Dreaming. 

Comeon, let's explore the dreamworld together, 

LET'S DREAM TOGETHER"

'*gulp*'

(....eaked) 

This technology should not be leaked. No matter what. because I can see it, If this project gets leaked, Japan will once again become a battlefield. 

Nakabachi is hiding a time bomb this whole time.

"Now everyone, enough with this nonsense and let's get more practical"

'You mean..'

"Yes, I am commencing the experiment.

IT'S TIME TO DREAM"

(Wait, It's starting already?)

"You are going to trial the pill now, we have arranged the beds on the 2nd floor so I request you to move there. Once you reach there you will be given the pill to consume it. Don't worry there are no side effects and besides I personally will join with you"

'You are also going to dream with us?'

"Yes, As I am already experienced with it I will do my best as a guide. Well then everyone if you quickly-"

"Yo"

"Hm"

(This voice, it's from behind me?) 

"Who told you that you can proceed yourself? I still have something to ask"

"(I see, it's not over yet) What is it? I thought Q&A is over already, UKEGAWA TAIKI-KUN"

He is sitting two rows behind me. He is tall, with blonde hair. His shirt is unbuttoned, and he is wearing a golden chain.

"Finally it's my turn, I have been holding back this entire time. Ever since I came here, no, the moment I stepped in the car, A nasty feeling keeps on bugging me"

"I know that you feel restless but didn't I explain earlier? The way we brought you here is just to protect our-"

"Ah ah I get it, I get that crap but Something doesn't feel right to me, something is missing"

"Oh…What do you mean by that?" Nakabachi lowered his head

"But after thinking I have finally came to understand, the reason behind this feeling *heh* Ukegawa smiled

Regarding that crap you told us before, HOW MUCH OF IT IS TRUE?"

Nakabachi narrowed his eyes

"Are you asking about our project-"

"No, I am talking about your CRAPPY EXPLANATION, Hey old man are you perhaps lying about something?"

(Lie?- Ah) 

Now that I think about it, although his reasoning makes sense, but what if it was a lie? There might be some other reason for him to do that. If there really was, the trust he built up until now will fall apart. Then

HE HAS SOME OTHER MOTIVE?

'Hey, are you dumb? Don't you understand the risk-' The person sitting behind him called out.

"Shut up, greedy bastard"

'Wha-'

"I am asking him not you, so shut your mouth" 

Ukegawa crossed his legs. 

"Let me tell you something, I am not like these greedy bastards, until I am satisfied I won't leave it. Looks like they are dumb enough to believe you but I- wait

I get it…so that's how it is, I understand now, so it's like that right haha"

"What's so funny-"

"It's alright guard-kun, What is it, Ukegawa-kun? " 

"No, I thought it's weird that why these bastards are keeping quiet about that money rain but it's just that these people are not quiet because they are dumb, 

YOU MADE THEM QUIET USING MONEY"

Nakabachi startled. 

"Am I right? " 

(This is working)

HE CORNERED HIM. 

Others also started to waver and doubt,

Now Nakabachi is back to square one. 

"But it shucks right? I will not succumb to money"

"*Sigh* Looks like you misunderstood me, I don't have any ulterior motives behind doing that-"

"I AM NOT FINISHED YET"

Ukegawa interrupted Nakabachi.

"But that's not the main issue, the problem is your reasoning"

"Regarding that there is no need to worry, I didn't lied about anything-"

"But I am not satisfied, If you are really telling the truth then convince me" 

"I see, in other words I should make you believe me, am I right?"

"Not bad old man, This makes things faster"

"So, what should I do to make you trust

me?"

"Answer"

"Answer?"

"The answer that I want to hear the most, The thing you forgot to mention, or rather, the thing you are deliberately keeping quiet about."

(Keeping quiet?)

"Well believe you or not will depend on your answer So" Ukegawa expression changed

"Fess it up old man, tell me everything

WHAT IS YOUR REAL OBJECTIVE?"

Nakabachi paused.

(He just startled.. Right?) 

'objective?'

'Now that I think about it he didn't told us yet'

"Comeon Why are you silent? You have one, right? " Ukegawa asked with a piercing look.

*Sign* Nakabachi signed

"Ah…Now that I think about it I didn't mention about did I? But I guess you already know it, DLC's objective is one and only one- To turn dream into reality-"

"Wrong, don't make me repeat myself. What I want to know is

YOUR 'REAL' OBJECTIVE?"

(I see)

This confirms it,

NAKABACHI IS STILL HIDING SOMETHING

'Real objective? That means'

'Is he hiding something?'

(Great..) 

This is great. That guy pressed Nakabachi on his vital spots, and thanks to him the stage is set now. Now he can't get away with petty answers

Comeon, Nakabachi you can't possibly keep quiet and ignore. Let's see what's inside your pocket. 

WHAT ARE YOU PLOTTING?

"....velous"

(Huh)

"mmmmmm, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHA!

MARVELOUS!!!"

(He's laughing?) 

'Why is he laughing?'

'Did he hear the question?'

Nakabachi took a deep breath and released.

"Good grief, this is unexpected. You saw through me huh, looks like I can't hide anything from you Ukegawa-kun."

'What does it mean?'

Murmurs spread among the crowd.

"What is our Real Objective huh? Very well I will tell you, 

But Don't get the wrong idea here, I thought there is no need for you to know that's it, But,

At this point I believe that you people should need to know it.

Project D.R.E.AM's ULTIMATE GOAL" Nakabachi adjusted his glasses

(Here it comes) 

With this, everything will be cleared: his real objective behind this project. But, 

Is this answer going to be the last? or is it going to be the first of many upcoming questions? Which will it be?

Now then, how are you going to answer this, Nakabachi Hideo

"Before answering it, I have a small question for you"

'question?'

"WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT REALITY?"

'Huh? What do you mean? '

"Then Let me rephrase it,

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS WORLD?"

'This world?'

"This world is beautiful, no, It used to be beautiful but now,

IT'S JUST A PIECE OF TRASH"

I startled upon hearing it. 

'Eh'

'What is...he saying?'

"The present world is full of lies. This society is toxic. In every corner of the world people continue to suffer. Strong bullies weak, Government continues to loot money from us in the name of tax, Poor become further poor, everywhere there is discrimination. Everyone yells 'justice justice' but deep down

NO ONE CARES ABOUT JUSTICE

This world claims that everyone is 'Equal' but in fact

THERE IS NO EQUALITY"

'What are you-'

"Because isn't that true? By birth we are categorized, by birth we are not equal. This society will massively differentiate us by saying Gender, race, status and treats us differently. I doubt that a time comes where everyone is truly equal. That's why Equality doesn't exist or rather

EQUALITY CAN'T EXIST IN THIS WORLD"

People continued to watch in silence. 

"Hey, do you think we are living freely?

ARE PEOPLE REALLY FREE IN THIS WORLD?!

That's wrong, first of all-

IS THERE SUCH A THING CALLED FREEDOM?"

'Freedom? '

"What? Why are you thinking about it? Is there any need to think about it? The answer is obvious, it's 'NO'. We are not free, the freedom which we think is just an illusion. It's not the real freedom. 

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREEDOM. 

If you think we are free, you are wrong. It's not your thinking, this world made you think like that

For many years, we have been binded by chains called laws and restrictions. There will always be something that stops you from doing things you want to do. 

Everyone says 'Don't do that' 'don't do this' Honestly

SO ANNOYING.

And besides, this dirty society,

They ignore your pain, they ignore your suffering, they ignore your troubles but for some reason they all make sure to notice

YOUR MISTAKES

And we should play along with them? Don't give me that. Really

WHAT A BUNCH OF INSECTS"

'H-hey..What is he'

"You want to talk about your favorite things but you can't. You want to be special but this society doesn't allow you, these insects don't let you because

THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE THEM BEHIND. 

They want you to be normal, they want you to be average, they don't want you to become successful. They bully you, they  discourage you, they look down on you, they isolate you, they reject you and ultimately

THEY WILL TRAP YOU"

'Tr..ap?'

"Yes, they will trap you in a box called ORDINARY" 

'Matrix… '

" 'What do others think?' 'Should I say this?' 'Should I tell them they are wrong?' 'Will they hate me if I do it?'  Why are you so afraid of society? Why are you holding back your feelings? In this world

ARE YOU NOT SUPPOSED TO EXPRESS YOUR FEELINGS FREELY?"

The audience clenched their fists and listened to him. 

"You want to become a designer? artist? musician? But your parents are refusing it, friends are discouraging you and society is making you choose a more standard job with more pay. Like this, many of you have given up your dreams, many of you are doing things you don't like. 

Why are you obeying them? Why are you accepting it? Why are you giving up? If it's something you want to do then why can't you do it?

ARE YOU NOT EVEN FREE TO CHOOSE YOUR CAREER? "

'He got a point' people started to talk

'He's right'

"But…

You can't help it, there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how hard you try you can't avoid these thoughts.You can't ignore society. But don't worry it's not your fault. That's right, It's not your fault, The one which is at fault is not you

IT'S THIS WORLD" 

'This… '

'World' 

"This world is rotten. To the point where it can't be saved. This world revolves around money. People became greedy, Kindness is dead. Humanity has perished and Money became power. Those with power will take everything from others, It became the norm of this world. We can't go back anymore.

You can't do the things you want. You can't  express, You can't oppose, you can't choose. Is there any need to live in such a world? A world full of lies, A world full of flaws,  A world where you can't achieve true happiness, 

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD? "

'N..o'

'Oi, What are you saying? Are you mad? '

'No, as you can see I am perfectly fine and I am serious, I don't want to live here'

'You-( What the hell…is that face she is making?)'

Huh?  

What is this? 

For some reason I feel so good. If that's not the case then why

WHY AM I SMILING THIS MUCH? 

Ah I see… so that's how it is. Haha…It must be it. Why didn't I realize it a bit sooner? Looks like I also got

SICK OF THIS WORLD 

"This good for nothing world is no longer suitable to live…

because"

("Because") 

"IT'S A PIECE OF TRASH"

("IT'S A PIECE OF TRASH")

Everyone became captivated by his words and started to reflect on their thoughts and actions. 

"You know what? " Nakabachi continued

"There was a point in my life when I decided to change this world, but I alone don't have that power. To change this world, I need to change trillions of people. No matter how many lives I can have, it's impossible. However,"

'Huh'

"That's when I thought, if I can't change the world

I JUST NEED TO MAKE A NEW WORLD" 

'New world? don't tell me!...'

(What the-)

"That's right! This is our DLC's desire, The real objective of Project D.R.E.A.M and my long lost dream, in this dreamworld

I AM GOING TO BUILD A NEW WORLD!"

'Oi oi you can't be…serious'

'This can't be'

(H..Hahha) 

New world he says? Is his head alright? Are you telling me that he wants to surpass the god himself? Just how..

HOW DOES HIS BRAIN WORKS?

I really can't read him, 

(Really…)

YOU REALLY ARE INTERESTING,

NAKABACHI HIDEO!

His answer left the audience speechless. The thought of building a new world is insane itself, this man is really not afraid of failure. 

"Does this satisfy you? Ukegawa-kun"

"H..haha, New world? You sure say some interesting stuff old man. I can't believe you, But it's interesting, I like it, I am also starting to get tired of this world. Alright, Count me in"

Nakabachi's smile widened.

"It really makes me happy that someone understands me, and besides I am serious this is not a joke

Within dreams, I am going to build a new world, A world without Law! A world where everyone is truly equal. A world where everyone is free and this world will become THE NEW EARTH"

'He is serious'

'Awe..some'

'This is cool'

(Really interesting…)

He is crazy, no, 

HE IS BEYOND CRAZY

"In this world you can live freely, you can do whatever you like, you can become anything, the weak will become strong, nobody is inferior to anyone, there is no diversity, everyone has the same worth. People can live happily and everyone can find happiness. it's undeniably

A FREE WORLD

And I want to build this kind of world. You see, I am tired of this crappy world. For a long, long, long, long time I wanted to leave this world.

I CAN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE 

but the wait is over. The path of the New World has opened for me. A world of happiness, unlike this crappy reality, every night will be fun there, no,

EVERY SECOND WILL BE FUN

What about you? Don't you want to come with me? Come on, 

LET'S BUILD A NEW WORLD TOGETHER"

'I want to go…I want to visit that PARADISE'

"Yeah, this is the Real Paradise. With this pill, the gates will be opened. You are just a step away. Didn't I say it earlier? This project will give you the power to control your dreams—mould them, manipulate them, change them to your liking. No one can stop you in that world. Because you are the king of your dreams. If you wish,

YOU CAN EVEN BECOME A GOD"

'Go..d?'

"You are controlling your dreams, you are controlling your world, if that doesn't make you a god then I wonder what you should be called"

In that moment,

Nakabachi's words seemed like magic, it continued to draw the audience towards his speech and ideals, Of course

INCLUDING ME

I don't think I will ever forget about this day

Because, This is the first time in my life that I've felt like this.

Until now, I've lived an ordinary life, without a care in the world. I just wanted to be myself and wait for the time when I'll die. I've rarely shown my feelings or expressed anything. I thought it was my lifestyle But for some reason today, no, at this moment-

"Heeh" my smile widened

I CAN'T STOP SMILING

"Now, A new world is waiting for you. I just want you to be happy, I don't want you to give up on your dreams, 

Life is short, and death is always sudden that's why before we die we have to live our life to the fullest, that's why

THIS IS A CHANCE TO MAKE YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY

Tell me, what will you do?"

'Let's go'

'This is amazing'

'At first I worried what would happen, but I am very excited now!!'

'Dreamworld I can't wait to see it'

(That's right, that's the spirit that's why Humans are really… ) Nakabachi thought to himself

*Clap x2* Nakabachi clapped, requesting attention.

"Looks like you all are in"

'Yes!' crowd in unison

"Now, without any further do, let's proceed. This is the starting line of a new era, well then everyone let's begin our experiment, this time for sure-

IT'S TIME TO DREAM"

(Dumb and Interesting) Nakabachi thought. 

[PROJECT D.R.E.A.M STARTS]

1