Chapter 72 – Suspicious man.
447 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nahida and Rimuru sat at one of the tables, and Kakashi and Tsunade left the hotel. As soon as they left, Rias approached the table. Nahida and Rimuru had already started talking, so they didn't notice her approach.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Waa!" Rimuru shouted as he was startled by her. He was very distracted because the whole thing was unbelievable to him. He had just seen two characters that he thought only existed in fiction.

Well, theoretically, they only exist in fiction, just like Rimuru.

"Bring us both some tea, Rias."

"Of course." Rias smiled bitterly and went into the kitchen. Nahida could hear the commotion that started as soon as she entered.

"Man, it's amazing to meet characters you've only seen on television or in manga. So that's how you feel whenever you see me."

"Don't exaggerate. You're not that relevant to me."

"That's offensive!"

"Of course, it's not. Ah, but let's stop talking about that for now. I want to talk about the market and what I bought for you."

"Have you bought everything?

"Yes, I spent the day out yesterday, and they delivered everything today."

"Where is it?"

"Oh, it's in the convenience store. Since I wasn't here, the guy who works in the store received the products for me."

"Oh, I see. Bring them to me later."

"But about the market, I'll open it tomorrow."

"The people I hired to work for you are anxious. You shouldn't keep them waiting."

"But it's already afternoon; I want to open the market in the morning. I'd like to have an opening party... A 50% discount on the first day?"

"YOU'RE CRAZY! YOU WON'T MAKE ANY PROFIT! You've certainly never run a business before, have you?"

"I run this hotel."

"Then that must be why you can't make any money! You shouldn't give people such big discounts, even if it's the opening. You only give a 50% discount when a product is close to expiring!"

"I see... So how about a 20% discount?"

"Forget about a discount! Just throw a party! Serve food to the customers, maybe some drinks."

"Can you prepare that?"

"You want me to do everything, don't you?" Rimuru complained. "But I can do it. I'll get someone to take care of it."

"Right, I'll get some rest now. Tomorrow, I'll get up early and go to the market."

"Wait, I still have to talk about something!"

"You didn't come here just to talk about the market?"

"Of course not! Why would I come here to talk about it? I have nothing more to do with it. I came here to talk about something that's happening in Tempest."

"?"

"I think someone is watching you."

"Huh? Why?"

"I don't know either. I've found the person doing it, but I haven't done anything with him for now. What do you want me to do?"

"Is this person strong?

"No, he's just an ordinary human. But he keeps acting suspiciously around your hotel, and every time you go out, I hear reports that he's stalking you."

"Hm... That's worrying. Maybe it's someone who's in love with me?"

"Oh, I doubt that." Rimuru shook his head and held back his laughter. "Not least because he's probably almost seventy years old."

"..." Nahida was speechless for a few seconds. "Well, who says old people can't fall in love?"

"Just stop it, you idiot! This is important. That person could be someone from the church or something."

"Well, he hasn't done anything strange yet... But this is a bit uncomfortable. Can't you pick this person up and question them?"

"Of course I can. But I came here to find out your opinion on the matter."

"Then do it. Take this man and bring him here, and I'll interrogate him myself."

"... I don't think you have the guts to do that." Rimuru sneered, and Nahida almost punched him. However, he held back.

After that, Rimuru left the hotel, and Nahida went to the convenience store to pick up the things he had bought. He brought all the boxes to the hotel.

"Nazuna, let's go to Rimuru's house."

"But didn't he just leave minutes ago?

"It doesn't matter."

Nahida was curious to know who the person watching him was, so he wanted to leave his hotel and walk around Tempest for a while. Depending on the situation, he could catch the man acting suspiciously himself.

'Does he work for the church? But I haven't done anything to attract attention since my market hasn't opened... Maybe he's someone from the dwarf kingdom?'

Nahida didn't know, but he would find out soon enough.

####

Nahida arrived at the door of Rimuru's house carrying two large boxes, and Nazuna was carrying only the bag with the games. When they arrived, Souei, who was standing nearby, approached them.

He already knew Nahida, so he immediately told him where Rimuru was

"Rimuru-sama is in the games room." 

"Ah, thank you, Souei." Nahida thanked him with a smile and went into the games room.

"Rimuru, I brought the television, video game, and several games."

"Ah, thank you." Rimuru was distracted by playing, so he didn't even look at Nahida. Nahida signaled for Nazuna to put the games there, and the two left. But as soon as they left, Nahida could see the suspicious person Rimuru was talking about.

An old man with a long white beard was sneaking up behind Rimuru's house.

'I'm surprised Souei didn't do anything.'

Nahida sighed and then kicked the ground, advancing towards the man.

"WAA! NAHIDA?!" Nazuna shouted in surprise.

Nahida disappeared and appeared next to the man in an instant. The old man, who had no ability and no chance of escaping, panicked.

"WAIT, WAIT, PLEASE!" The old man started shouting, but Nahida didn't hear him and knocked him out.

"Should I have waited for him to say something?" Nahida smiled bitterly.

 

 

You can read 15 extra chapters for 10$ here: patreon.com/parodygirl

Your support would be of great help! (really)

my discord: https://discord.gg/6AdcuD9a9Q

24