Chapter 80 – Thank you very much.
450 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nahida's mother stared at him for a few seconds. Nahida couldn't keep looking into her eyes, so he looked away. He turned away and walked towards the door. "Talk to the nurse or the doctor. I'll get the money."

"But... Are you sure? Where will you get the money? I don't want you to borrow money or take out loans! I don't want to ruin your life even more!" Nahida's mother began to cry.

Tears streamed down her face as she begged Nahida not to do anything stupid.

Hearing her words, Nahida turned to her and smiled. His eyes were watery, but he didn't let his tears escape. "Don't worry about it. I won't do anything stupid. I'll get the money fairly, thanks to Grandma's hotel."

"The hotel? What do you mean? That hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There's no way you can make that kind of money working there! Don't tell me you're thinking of selling the building?"

"That's not it. You'll find out when you go there." Nahida left the hospital without talking with a nurse about the money.

There was still the risk of the surgery going wrong and his father dying, but he was going to die anyway if he didn't have the surgery.

'At least we have to risk it... But I can't help being nervous...' Nahida finally let the tears he had held back escape. But he quickly wiped his tears away and set off towards the train station.

He even forgot to go to the market to buy ingredients to use in the kitchen.

####

Nahida arrived at his hotel a few hours later. As soon as he arrived, Yuki shouted for him. The things he had bought from the suppliers had arrived. Yuki had paid for the products.

'Damn, I forgot to leave the money with Yuki...' Nahida scratched his head and gave the money to Yuki before taking all the products back to his hotel.

With all the products already stored inside his hotel, Nahida asked Nazuna to continue looking after the hotel and then set off towards Rimuru's house to talk to him.

Nahida didn't have enough money, so he needed help.

Even with the money he was getting from his hotel and the market, it wasn't enough to pay for the surgery. He didn't know the amount, but it was probably millions of yen.

When Nahida arrived at Rimuru's house, he found Shion and asked her to call Rimuru. Shortly afterward, he appeared.

"What happened? You look nervous."

"I went to visit my father in hospital today," Nahida said. He smiled faintly and then walked into Rimuru's house. "I came here to ask you for help. I need money, a lot of money."

"Hm? Aren't you earning enough yet?"

"My father's situation is not good. He needs surgery, and it's costly. I don't know the exact amount, but I'm sure it's thousands of yen. I don't think I can afford it now."

"Is it that serious? I thought your father had broken his arm or something. It's true... You never told me about your parents."

"I'm not very close to them."

"But you still want to help him... It's understandable; he is your father, after all. Okay, I'll help you."

"Really?!" Nahida shouted, surprised.

"What? Did you think I wouldn't help you? You're my friend. I don't want my friend's father to die. I can help you, so I will."

"I can't thank you enough." A big smile appeared on Nahida's face. He almost started to cry with happiness but stopped himself. "I'll do anything for you from now on, I promise."

When Rimuru saw Nahida acting like that, he felt a little uncomfortable.

"You don't have to act like that. A gold coin is worth a lot of yen. I have many of them, so it's no big deal."

"What do you mean 'no big deal'? You're saving my father's life! Although the surgery is still risky..."

"What's wrong with him?"

"A heart problem. My mother couldn't explain it very well."

"I understand. I hope he'll be all right." Rimuru made a cloth bag appear and placed it in Nahida's hand. It was heavy, a bag full of gold coins, probably more than was necessary.

"That's a lot of money... I don't need this much."

"Buy more things for my playroom with the money that's left over," Rimuru said with a smile. 

"All right, I'll do that. Rimuru... Thank you... Thank you very much." Nahida bowed his head once more.

"I told you to stop acting like that!"

"All right, I'll stop. Now I should tell my mother. Thanks again."

"Good luck." Rimuru waved as Nahida walked away from his house.

Rimuru stared at his back and then sighed. 

"Is everything going to be all right?" For some reason, Rimuru felt something was wrong with this whole story. He had keen senses and could sense when something was wrong.

"It's probably just a false alarm." Rimuru shrugged and walked towards his games room.

 

Naruto arc on Patreon!

You can read 15+ extra chapters on my Patreon!

Link: patreon.com/parodygirl

17