Chapter four
1.2k 0 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I hope you like my new cover art, made it using an AI, took me longer to resize it than it did to draw it, which is frankly quite amazing.

Also sad news today. Royalroad doesn't like my story and won't allow it.

Chapter four

Evelynn awoke to the sound of horses pulling a wagon, she was in a strange room she had never been in before, in a strange bed. She was naked.

And… yup, still a girl.

‘So that did happen’ she thought, for much had happened in the last day… ‘24 hours? How long is a day? Do they even use hours? I don’t even know something basic like that.’

‘I literally died yesterday.’ She was unsure what to think about that.

She wouldn’t particularly miss her old life, but there were a few people she left behind even if she was down in the dumps for the last few years.

It made her sad thinking of her old life. She couldn’t dwell on it though, there were many things she didn’t know about her current situation. But right now, she was safe, in a warm bed and it looks like she will have employment soon.

She has little idea what will happen to her in the future, a slave now, and a saint, and a demon/fairy? ‘How will people even treat me?’ she wondered. ‘I’m not even human anymore.’

‘The guild master seemed kind of nice, I guess. He basically had sex with me, and then I threw myself on him’ she blushed. ‘That receptionist Peter though didn’t seem to like me. Was it because I am a slave or because he found me in a back room or because I am not human?’ she thought.

Regardless, she had to get out of bed to find anything out. She decided to check out her room, being a strange new world there were a few odd-looking things immediately standing out.

Like that glowing crystal on the stand next to her bed, a night light maybe? It didn’t look hot, but she thought she better not touch it, she couldn’t see a way to turn it off anyway.

It was emitting a pale blue glow; it didn’t seem very strong. Enough to walk in the dark, she wouldn’t want to read by it though.

‘Do I even need lighting now?’ she looked up. ‘Hmmm where is it?’

She felt the top of her head and located her halo.

‘Well, this is certainly odd, it’s not attached but it moves with my head. I better be careful catching it on things.’

Deciding to check out her new body she moved to her ears. ‘Are these like elven ears or something?’ she thought. ‘No wonder I can hear outside so well. No mirror in here though so I can’t see what they look like.’

She turned her head around to look at her wings. ‘Hmm, don’t look very strong’ she thought, ‘But they are very pretty butterfly wings, they look amazing!’

‘Can I… fly?’

BAM

She hit the ceiling and fell to the floor, “ahh” she yelled as she fell onto her tail.

Her head was sore, but she scrambled to check her tail, ‘whew, it looks alright. Still hurts though.’ She also checked her wings, but they seemed ok, and her halo was still in place.

She wrapped her tail around to her front side to give it kiss better. Right when she was doing that, she heard the door open.

She snapped her head up and saw Peter standing in the doorway with a dirty scowl on his face. He closed the door.

“Little temptress, when you have finished playing with yourself you need to come and register with the guild.” He snapped through the closed door, then walked off back to his work.

She heard him walking down the hallway with heavy steps.

‘I done nothing wrong, I swear’ she cried to herself. ‘Oh well, guess that guy really doesn’t like me now.’ She sighed.

Dressing herself, she used her fancy new inventory skills. ‘Look at me, a big girl now’ she thought, ‘dressing myself using inventory and everything!’

Checking her white dress, shoes and underwear, all with pink details, she fixed her hair as best she could. No mirror, no comb.

It was long, it was blonde. She was used to short brown hair. She could feel it on her back, especially because her dress didn’t cover her shoulder blades.

‘It will have to do,’ she thought. ‘I should go apologize to this Peter fellow, I guess. Even if he did barge into a girl’s room for some reason, he seems to think I’m up to no good.’

She couldn’t let it get her down though, being in a new world was just too strange to be fixated on something like that.

‘Not to mention I have no idea why I was a wandering soul and why I can even remember that stuff. Earth probably just hated me that much,’ She thought. ‘That’s way worse than some guy called Peter not liking me.’

She chuckled to herself. Gave her dress one more check over and headed out the door into the guild.

- - - - -

Evelynn wandered out into the main room; it was deserted. Nobody at the bar, no Peter or guild master in sight, no customers.

She takes a seat at one of the tables to wait for anyone admiring the gemstone lighting, checking the table and chairs they are solid, basic round wooden tables with 4 chairs.

There isn’t a lot to do.

Luckily before she really has to start waiting, the bar keep walks out from his back room.

She studied him for a second, his one eye looking at her, black eye patch on the other. His one arm carrying a bowl, a small towel draped over his other armless shoulder. He walks over to her table.

“Heard you are here to sign up” he says, placing the bowl down in front of her.

“Hi, yeah, I guess so” she replied.

“You don’t sound too sure of that.”

“Well yeah, I guess its what I should do. The guild master suggested it. I just got here yesterday” she ended with a smile.

“Good for you” he said, she wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or not. “Eat that, and then you can tidy these chairs and wipe these tables.”

He left the towel on the table for her next to her meal. The meal itself looked ok, it had meat in it and vegetables, none of which she could identify. But it tasted fine, a little bland like it needed seasoning. There was a lump of bread, of course there is bread.

She couldn’t eat a lot though, half of it and she was stuffed full.

‘That can’t just be because I am smaller, is it because I am not human?’ She pondered.

Finished all she could eat she placed it on the counter and then did her chores as payment. Just as she was finishing up the main door opens and Peter walks in.

“Ah good, you are up. Let’s get you signed in.” he said unlocking his booth and then grabbing a sheet of paper. “Fill this out and we will issue you a guild membership card. Everyone starts rank F.”

She walked over to grab it “Thank you, and I, ah, sorry about this morning I wasn’t…” she blushed. “And last night too, I wasn’t stealing anything I promise!”

“Yes well, the guild master has explained some things to me, but refuses to elaborate” he said. “Regardless, you need to fill this out. You can call me Peter by the way.”

“Hi Peter, I’m Evelynn” she had a thought, “you can call me Eve…. How do I fill this out?”

“You don’t know how to write?” he asked.

“Um, no?” She made a guess, “do you use a pencil?”

“A what? Never mind that. Just channel your mana into the page as you imagine your sentence” he said.

She looked at the page where it asked for her name, in English language? Hmm, that’s odd. Must be some divine hijinks going on, I can understand the people talking too. But I doubt they write and speak English.

Putting her finger to the page she channels a bit of mana; Evelynn appears under the name. ‘Magical English. Shrug, I can fly now, well I think I can. Outside anyway. This is nothing’ and fills out the rest of the form.

It’s a basic form, but she had to skip a question asking her country of origin, she also put her role down as healer.

She handed him the form, he looked at it and his eyebrows rose at one point. But it seemed to be fine, and he handed her a card.

“Fran will be here soon to help you get some gear, she is another healer and should know what you need. The guild master will not be back until dinner.”

She thanked him and then he continued with, “wait here until Francesca arrives, you will go with her for a while, then return here and you can help at the bar until the guild master arrives.”

- - - - -

Returning to her seat she waited. It wasn’t long until a woman in a long white robe appeared carrying a staff, she seemed to have nothing else on her though.

She looked young for an adventurer, early twenties maybe? Long blonde hair, she was a lot like me in some ways. Except tall, and apparently clumsy? She fell over….

Her robe over her head I could see her knickers… blue and white stripes. File that one for later. I offer her a hand to help her up.

“Hi, you must be Fra…” Eve was cut off as she was suddenly pulled off her feet by the tug on her arm. ‘Oh, I have no strength’ she thought.

She face-planted, right into Francesca’s knickers…

“I’m so sorry!” Exclaimed the new clumsy girl “I thought you were helping me up.”

“I was” I mumbled into her crotch. She grabbed my shoulders and lifted me out of her tangled robes and gave me a hug.

“You must be Evelynn, the guild master said you might need a hand” she said, “I’m Francesca by the way nice to meet you” pulling back from the hug now and looking at me, she wasn’t even blushing. Was she that used to being clumsy?

This time Francesca helped Eve up from the floor.

“Nice to meet you, I am Eve. I heard you were also a healer?”

“Yup, trained since I was 8. That’s why I’m here to help you pick your gear,” said Francesca. “So, let’s go! We got shopping to do.”

“Ok, thank you for your help” Eve replied.

“And don’t worry about the money” said Francesca, “my father will cover it.”

“Your father?” Eve asked.

“Yeah, you should have met him, the guild master.”

“Oh” she said her eyes going wide, “yeah, I met him. He… helped me out last night.”

Francesca sighed, “that sounds like dad, saving every lost soul he comes across. Never any time for his own family” she said with a frown. “What did he do for you?”

‘Oh, crap I should not have said anything, this is my first chance to meet a friend in this world, I don’t want her to know I was playing around with her dad!’

“I ah, got into town late last night, so they put me up at the guild” Eve said, it was the truth, really!

“That is good then, father is a bit tough at times, but he really does care for his adventurers,” said Francesca. “Anyway, enough about him, we will visit the blacksmith first since you probably need to order a few things.”

“Thank you, Mistress, I will be in your care,” Eve curtsied. She still had her slave collar on after all, this lady could snap at her for nothing, and it would be ok. She seemed friendly though.

“Haha, no need to call me that. Just Francesca or Fran will do. Come, let’s go shop.”

‘I wanted to call her Mistress though,’ thought Eve following her out the door.

Ok ok, maybe we didn't quite make it outside the guild hall today. But we met someone new, maybe a friend? To be honest I'm not too sure about this chapter, might of waffled on a bit too much. But its early days yet, story should get rolling soon.

34