Chapter five
1k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter five

This one took me a while, so much harder when you have to think of names and stuff lol.

On the walk Evelynn had her first view of the outside world, having not really been here long after sleeping all night. There were several things that she noticed on the short stroll, with Francesca chatting alongside her.

The first thing was that it was quite cold, the temperature dropped suddenly on exiting the guild hall, which was heated by an open fire in the main room, the kitchen also provided a lot of heat from its fire.

She gave a little shiver, bringing her wings in closer to her body and wrapping her tail around her waist. Thankfully she could see the edge of town in every direction, they were near the center, and it was a small village. They wouldn’t have to walk far then.

All the buildings were made of wood, with glass windows and a wooden roof. It all seemed quite like something you might see on earth back a few hundred years ago.

Everything seemed quite familiar, but it all felt a bit odd to Evelynn. The basic design was the same for many things.

She saw a few streetlamps, they were still a metal pole standing high out of the ground, but on top was a crystal glowing orange. It has a little cage with windows to house the crystal, and it was on during the day.

There were a few people going about their day, mainly humans. She did see an Elf lady in front of a vegetable store watering some herbs. She used a blue crystal to water the herbs.

A merchant was coming down the main road, a hard packed gravel road. She noticed all the buildings and roads were in good condition, she wondered if they had some construction magic or preservation magic on them.

The merchants wagon looked to be very overweight, loaded up very high with crates. There was only one animal pulling it though, it was a large animal like an ox, it had curled horns and two tails.

On the walk Francesca was chatting to her, apparently her father had told her she needed to be taught about the region.

They were in Lockwood village, named for the wood they exported. It was a growing village, many smaller communities along the coast would bring their fish here to sell, which would be transported in wagons to a larger city inland.

Francesca informed her that they would head to the blacksmith first to order some items, then to the general store to get basic items, and finally onto the temple to introduce herself. As a healer Eve would be required to work with them if any emergencies were to be declared.

She also said that the blacksmith they were visiting was a dwarf, most blacksmiths were.

They arrived at a building half made of stone with a large chimney, it had an old anvil sitting outside.

Eve was glad to be inside again out of the cold, it was warm in the blacksmith. There was a huge fireplace with warm embers in it, and tools hung off the walls everywhere.

A broad-shouldered dwarf stood near the fire, he removed his work from the fire and set it nearby to keep warm. With his broad shoulders, solid arms shining with sweat and his well-kept beard Eve thought he was quite handsome.

He took one look at Francesca and said, “darn it girl, if you have broken that staff again, I will make you pay for it yourself. Your dad cannot keep bailing you out like this.”

“I earn that money and the guild reimburses me for my losses” she pouted. “And we are here for Eve not me, besides… I’ve kept this staff safe for a whole month now!”

“Yeah, personal record, I’m sure. What can we do for the little miss?” He looked Eve up and down, “doesn’t look like she would be able to handle much.”

“She needs a staff and a shield and anything else you recommend. And this is Eve by the way, as you can see by her halo, she is the new saint!”

“Hi, I’m Eve” she said. “I just arrived here and have no equipment, anything you recommend would be much appreciated.”

He raised a brow at hearing she was a saint, he had seen the halo but figured it was an accessory. “Well let’s have a look at you then, what can you tell me about your physical stats? I guess you have no strength or endurance?”

“Ah actually I have a ton of endurance because of this,” she pointed at her slave collar. “But I have almost no strength, and I think my dexterity is quite high.”

Evelynn

Age: 32

Race: Fairy/Succubus

Class: Saintess of blood and sacrifice and $L@V3R7

Strength: 5

Dexterity: 49

Endurance: 79

Intelligence: 82

Willpower: 10

Spirit: LOCKED

Mana: 220/220

Eve noted that some of her stats had gone up since maturing last night, with the boost to willpower being the largest.

Also, she felt uncomfortable as the dwarf was looking at her, was it too hot in here? He was quite close to her.

He turned back to his workbench and handed me a staff, “you can take this one, I always have a spare of her staff made up” he waved his hand towards Francesca.

“Also, you can have that shield in the corner over there. Now give me your hands so I can measure your arms. I think some vambraces are all the armor you can handle, maybe some greaves for your shins and a skirt, probably all made from leather though.”

She could only nod, she was feeling hot, and he was grabbing her with strong hands, moving her around to measure her arms and legs.

“Come back tomorrow morning and I should have them made” he said and returned to his work.

As they exited the building Francesca nudged her and chuckled “I see what was happening there.”

“Huh, what do you mean?” replied Eve coming out of her daze in the cooler air outside.

“You know dwarves have a… high endurance and strength. Your kind is well known for being attracted to lonely dwarven craftsmen, he’s probably lucky you are only half succubus” she said with a laugh.

Eve groaned. ‘I did feel kind of odd around him I guess…’ she thought putting her head in her hands blushing furiously.

“Haha you will be ok” she said with a hug, “you won’t have that problem at the tailors”.

Her smirk still made Eve worry though.

- - - - -

Arriving at the tailors, she was surprised to find a middle-aged lady who was half spider, a spider-kin. Her back half was so large and imposing, and she was quite tall, towering over Evelynn, and had long black hair.

She gave Evelynn the chills even though she was very pretty.

Her accomplice though was the definition of cute, a young sheep girl, probably learning the trade from the older spider-kin. She came out from the backroom carrying a tray of jewelry made of copper, each with a gemstone woven into it and placed it on the counter.

“Hi, I’m Annabelle” she said looking up at Evelynn. “Would you like to look at our jewelry? They can do heaps of things!”

Evelynn smiled down at the young sheep-kin “hi Annabelle, I’m Evelynn. You can call me Eve. I would love to look at your jewelry in a moment. We should place our order first though if that’s ok?”

“Ok miss, Anansi takes the orders” she said pointing to the spider-kin.

“Hello, I am Anansi, may I call you Eve?” the spider-kin asked of Evelynn. “I should have a package here for you somewhere, but you are welcome to browse or request an item if you would like.”

 Evelynn greeted her and said it was fine to call her Eve. “I guess I will have a look at what you have prepared first?”

“Anna!” She yelled out. “Can you bring the package for Evelynn!”

She heard some banging around in the backroom, the young sheep-kin brought out a wooden crate in a rush, then went and grabbed another one since they were quite heavy for her.

The first crate had a dark red woolen jacket lined with black fur that came down to her knees, it had matching gloves and hat. She loved it, and immediately tried the jacket on. ‘Cloak?’ she thought.

They had little cat ears on the hood.

Francesca thought it was just the greatest thing ever. “Look at you now, my little angel cat!” she said.

Eve blushed and put the hood down again. “What kind of cat would have wings” she countered, poking her tongue at her… new friend?

“Ha, that’s easy, a hellcat” replied Francesca with a grin.

“….” Said Eve.

She put the hat and gloves away into her inventory and kept the cloak on, it was warm inside, but they would be leaving soon she figured.

The next crate was full of socks, panties and bras. All the same shade of pink. While the socks and the panties were fine to go straight into her inventory, the bras on the other hand…. They required fitting.

She held one of them in her hand, looking from Francesca to Anansi and back again flustered, “I, ah. I don’t know….” She began.

“Oh dear, don’t tell me you have never been fitted for a bra before?” Said Anansi, grinning now “here let me help you with that.”

She pulled Evelynn to her, who let out a little squeal, and looked helplessly over at her friend.

Francesca smiled at her and said, “relax Eve, we all had to get fitted by Anansi.”

The spider-kin behind her slid her cloak off and folded it, placing it on the counter. Next her dress was lifted over her head and stored next to the cloak. She was standing in her underwear in front of a stranger, which she thought was embarrassing until she turned her around and showed Francesca!

She turned bright red and covered her chest, which had grown since maturing to a small B cup.

The spider-kin soon began to fit the bra though which required her to move her hands, showing her friend, who watched saying encouraging words to Evelynn such as “I remember when I was fitted by miss Anansi, my father was there! Count yourself lucky.”

‘He’s already seen these’ she thought, ‘like 4 people now on my first day. Jeez.’

After the bra was fitted, she put her dress and cloak back on. Glad to be out of the hands of spider lady and in her warm clothes again. Now if that dwarf guy wanted to fit her….

She coughed, interrupting that thought. She didn’t know where that thought came from.

Francesca spoke up though saying “shall we look at the accessories now? Jewelry with the right effects can really be a life saver.”

Eve nodded and they had a look at the tray of jewelry. There were earrings, bangles, broaches, rings, and a few amulets. All made with copper and a single jewel wrapped in copper wire.

Half of them were warmth. Keeps the person warm, but you would still need heavy clothes if it was wet or windy or particularly cold. Francesca recommended getting one of them, so they picked out an amulet. It was shaped as a tail wrapped around a staff, the gemstone in the tip of the staff.

They picked only two more enchantments though, with Francesca saying the temple had a special ring for her they decided to get a broach. This one gives a slight boost to mana regeneration and +10 willpower. A stat she would sorely need as a healer, one which she currently lacked.

That one was twice as expensive though. Sorry Guild master!

She also got a ring for her other hand, this one giving +10 strength, another stat she was very low in, it wouldn’t help her in combat so much as it would help her with daily life. They considered another stat, but her strength was just too low.

Finishing up, Francesca paid for the items and they both thanked the spider-kin and the sheep-girl for their great work. The items seemed really good quality, even if the jewelry was made from beginner level materials.

Evelynn walked out the door with a smile on her face, the new cloak and jewelry keeping her warm, Francesca walking beside her to their next destination.

They were off to see the temple where Francesca learned her healing magics and the ways of the divine.

She couldn’t wait to see where Francesca worked and learn something about being a healer. She was a little worried about it though, she had no idea what religion was like in this world and how she would be received.

Evelynn

Age: 32

Race: Fairy/Succubus

Class: Saintess of blood and sacrifice and $L@V3R7

Strength: 5 (+10)

Dexterity: 49

Endurance: 79

Intelligence: 82

Willpower: 10 (+10)

Spirit: LOCKED

Mana: 220/220

RACIAL PERKS: [Smol wings], [Dream Shaping], [Heart tail], [Evolved Pheromones], [Ethereal], [Fay Healing]

CLASS PERKS: [Holy Blood magic], [Sacrifice], [Saintess holy relics - equipped], [Prayer], [Guidance]

And there is chapter five, first mission should start in a couple of chapters. I'm going to take a break for a few days though now, as I want to check over several things in the story. I might change the status page and maybe a few of the item effects we will see though, maybe change a few names, let me know if you don't like something. I may need to create a file to keep track of characters and things, also I am considering making a map. I realize she hasn't been treated much like a slave as of yet, but there is reason for that.

29