Aspect (2)
271 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1 Month 7

I reverted to my previous habits, slipping into a slumber at almost any given moment, compelled by the absurdity of the circumstances surrounding me. It wasn't inherently negative, as I too longed for the aspect of touch to return. 

However, not now. Not during this period of utter helplessness, where even the slightest movement or cry eluded me. A sense of violation consumed me.

They intruded upon my very essence, kneeling and uttering my name in a chant. Yet instead of experiencing a sense of superiority, I felt contaminated. I realize I may sound like a petulant child with my complaints, but I challenge you to take my place, and I wager you would respond in a similar manner.

Regardless, I cannot endure this any longer. I will only rouse from my slumber when something significant occurs, enabling me to listen and assess the situation at hand.

Year 1 Month 10

[Aspect 'Smell' has been acquired.]

Numerous "Soul Bearers" met their demise, which triggered a substantial surge in my Spiritual Power and granted me access to a newfound aspect. 

Curiously, no reports were relayed to the village chief. This led me to ponder whether the recent arrivals, the Pilgrims, were the ones who perished.

Nevertheless, it seems premature for their demise, as it would typically require a minimum of 10 months to transpire. Could it be that they met their fate en route to Jerusalem or some other location? Such a possibility lingers in my thoughts.

May they find eternal peace in their resting place.

As for myself, I shall also seek solace and find reprieve.

Year 2 Month 1

[Aspect ‘Taste’ has been acquired.]

Once again, I have acquired another aspect. I can now taste the liquid they have been providing me, albeit a flavor akin to subpar porridge. Nevertheless, it manages to satiate my hunger to some extent. It suffices for now.

With four of the fundamental senses now within my grasp, I anticipate that the next aspect I will attain is the gift of sight. At least, that is my fervent hope. It has been a span of two years since my arrival here, and thus far, my accomplishments have been limited to sitting upright under the guidance of the village chief. 

My inability to walk without sight confines me to the chief's dwelling, where I spend most of my time seated or slumbering.

I eagerly anticipate the moment when I can finally behold the wonders this world has to offer.

Year 2 Month 7

As per my usual routine, I emerged from my state of "hibernation" to investigate the situation. However, something felt different this time. 

The person holding me was someone new, evident from the touch, as my blindness had forced me to rely on my sense of smell, hearing, and touch to recognize individuals. 

The hands that cradled me lacked the familiar wrinkles I associated with the village chief. They were undeniably softer, leading me to believe it was a different person.

"Ah, your eminence Yhwach, you're awake?" a young man's voice greeted me. It was a voice I had often heard the village chief conversing with after the communion. Although I was unaware of their exact relationship, it hadn't concerned me until now.

Being two years old now, I had developed a distinct appearance that prompted others to notice when I awakened, unlike before when they seemed oblivious to my presence. 

"I suppose you sensed it during your slumber. My father has passed away," the young man continued. 

Pardon? I had no knowledge of this man's father, nor did I possess any attachment to anyone in this world. Nevertheless, my curiosity was piqued, so I nodded in response. 

I refrained from speaking or making any noise, despite my understanding of the archaic language prevalent in medieval times. First and foremost, I had little inclination towards extensive conversation. Secondly, I disliked the sound of children's voices, including my own.

He picked me up and took several steps before coming to a halt. A familiar scent reached my nostrils—a mixture of methane and hydrogen sulfide—and... Village Chief? 

Was he truly gone? Although I harbored no sentimental feelings toward anyone in this realm, it still came as a mild surprise to learn that the person who had cared for me over the past years had departed.

Just as this realization struck me, it felt as if the server had experienced a lag, and the voice inside my head finally informed me.

[Zeidritz Sr. has died.]

[Spiritual Power has increased by 500.]

[Aspect 'Sight' has been acquired.]

Like a light bulb illuminating a dark room, the void I had been staring into for the past two years dissipated. Light gradually flooded in, and it took a few moments for my vision to adjust.

"Ah," I couldn't help but exclaim when my sight fully returned to me. 

Finally, I could perceive colors other than black, and a sense of teary-eyed relief washed over me. And there, before my eyes, lay an elderly man peacefully resting in a wooden coffin—the village chief. 

Apart from a fleeting regret that he would no longer tenderly caress my hair during the nights, I felt no sadness or any other emotion. It was for the best; I preferred not to form attachments.

At that moment, a large face appeared at the edge of my field of vision. It was the man who held me, seemingly taken aback by the sound I had made. Our eyes met, and he looked at me with astonishment. 

"Your eminence! Your eyes! It changed colors! Can you see me?"

What was wrong with my eyes? Besides regaining my ability to see, I doubted there were any physical changes. Did they resemble the eyes of the Hyuga Clan before I acquired the aspect of sight? Since I was blind? 

“...”

I didn't respond verbally; instead, I maintained eye contact with him, conveying that I could indeed see him. And that there was no need for him to continue shouting since his ears were right next to his mouth.

"How...?" he began, expressing his curiosity but abruptly cutting himself off. "My apologies. I won't ask any further questions."

Ignoring him, I redirected my gaze back to my deceased attendant and silently contemplated what to do now that my vision had returned. It appeared that the coming days would be filled with activities and responsibilities for me.

Year 2 Month 8

After the completion of Zeidritz Sr.'s funeral and his burial in the mountains, I refrained from attending, as my new attendant, Zeidritz Jr., assured me that my presence was unnecessary. 

Instead, I dedicated my time to studying the geography and history of this world, requesting learning materials from Zeidritz. 

Surprisingly, he didn't question my ability to read and promptly fulfilled my request. It appeared that his father, the late village chief, had informed him of my unique circumstances.

This time, I pursued knowledge genuinely, not merely relying on hearsay. Based on what I read, it seemed that the world I found myself in resembled Earth during the year 1000 Anno Domini. 

Had it not been for my own identity and the presence of supernatural phenomena, I might have considered myself to be a time traveler. However, I recognized certain familiar entities, such as the Holy Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, England, the Western and Orthodox Churches, the Turks, and the Muslims, among others. 

While they bore resemblance to their historical counterparts, I harbored doubts that they were truly the same. I suspected that various supernatural occurrences were unfolding within these mentioned locations.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Western Church were, in fact, governed by an Angel faction from the DxD universe. Although this speculation delves into the realm of crossovers, it remains conjectured. 

Without witnessing events firsthand, I have no means of confirming what is truly transpiring. However, I must admit that it wouldn't be entirely unfavorable if this world did involve a crossover of sorts. 

I harbor a sense of confidence in Yhwach's abilities and, as such, do not hold excessive concern. 

That said, if a certain blonde ruler from England does indeed exist, I may need to reconsider my previous statements.

18