Lille Barro (1)
268 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2 Month 11

Over the past few months, my days were primarily occupied with reading and acquiring valuable knowledge. Additionally, I dedicated considerable effort to regaining my ability to walk. Typically, children learn to walk around their 16th month, but as I was both blind and deaf, I had never seen the need to learn since these senses are crucial for maintaining balance.

Moreover, I didn't feel the urge to stand and walk during that time, and concerns about the health of my legs seemed inconsequential. This world possesses an otherworldly quality, and I have faith that things will naturally fall into place.

During this period, the Communion ritual continued, although I altered the customary procedure. Rather than being revered as a statue, people would come forward to be touched by me, akin to the act of receiving a part of my soul, much like the Holy Eucharist. Following a sermon by Zeidritz Jr., individuals would line up in the chapel. 

My soul. It was both a blessing and a curse.

This repetitive cycle of learning and communion persisted for an extended period. Fortunately, the village remained undisturbed, with no major disruptions to the prevailing peace. Although attacks did occur, they were mostly directed at pilgrims, not us since they had heard of the Quincy Monks' ability to manifest ethereal bows. 

Nevertheless, these assaults to the pilgrims were effectively repelled.

As for encountering Hollows, I haven't come across any thus far. Perhaps due to the relatively small human population during this period compared to the beginning of the Bleach canon, the number of individuals who have passed away and not transitioned to the Soul Society is negligible. 

It is almost as if they do not exist. Even if they were to appear, I doubt they would pose a significant threat.

Looking ahead, I intend to dedicate the coming years to educating myself about the intricacies of this world and ultimately devising a plan for my future path. 

Should I follow in the footsteps of Yhwach or forge my own destiny? At present, I will focus on studying and meticulous planning, recognizing the limitations of my three-year-old body.

And so, the years passed swiftly.

Year 3

Having regained my ability to walk, I still found myself primarily confined to the chapel, with the exception of occasional morning walks, exercise, guided by Zeidritz, of course.

Year 4

The village thrived to such an extent that even merchants voluntarily made their way here to sell their wares to the pilgrims en route to Jerusalem. 

However, Zeidritz, respecting my suggestion, refrained from expanding the village. I had written my proposal on paper and slid it to him when I overheard his discussion about expansion. 

Fortunately, he valued my input and took my suggestions seriously, despite the fact that I was just a young, snotty child.

I had my own aspirations and didn't intend to remain in this place indefinitely. I knew I needed to mature a little more before I could set my plan into motion.

Year 5

I noticed a decrease in the appearance rate of major aspects such as Vision and Hearing after I regained my vision. Most of the recent enhancements have been centered around augmenting my strength, agility, dexterity, intellect, and vitality. 

Additionally, I've gained valuable experiences from the souls I’ve shared in various areas like intense close-quarter combat, swordsmanship, archery, and more, reminiscent of abilities found in video games.

I'm not complaining, but I'm genuinely curious as to why these aspects have suddenly become rare to obtain. 

Furthermore, my Spiritual Power has reached an impressive milestone, surpassing the 30,000 mark. This increase is primarily due to the sheer number of individuals (known as Soul Bearers) with whom I have shared my soul. 

As these souls return to my body upon their demise, my power grows. However, I'm fully aware that even with this significant growth, it still pales in comparison to the strength wielded by Aizen with the Hogyoku.

Year 6

During my leisure time, I dedicated myself to conducting mild, easy-to-do experiments on the bandits who attempted to rob the pilgrims that the Quincy had brought to the chapel's confessional chamber, all at my request. These experiments were carried out in the name of God.

Through these experiments, I made a startling discovery. It became evident that bestowing an excessive amount of my Soul upon another individual could prove fatal if they were unable to handle its immense potency.

Furthermore, I also unearthed the truth about Quincy. They are simply ordinary individuals who possess the "Third Eye," granting them the ability to perceive and interact with ghosts or supernatural phenomena. 

However, by sharing my Soul with them, they could awaken their “Quincy” lineage and harness the power to manipulate Reishi, also known as Spirit Particles, to some extent.

Although these findings have provided me with valuable knowledge, I am aware that they only scratch the surface of a much larger and intricate world of understanding that lies beneath the surface.

Year 7

I experienced my first kill.

Although it did not occur on a battlefield or in the context of protecting pilgrims. This act of taking a life was Zeidritz's idea of a baptism, a concept I did not object to, as I had always known that eventually my hands would be stained with blood. Thus, I accepted his proposition, albeit reluctantly.

The victim, as per usual, was a bandit. As he squirmed and pleaded for mercy, I remained unaffected, turning a deaf ear to his pleas. Placing my hand upon his back, I whispered a short prayer before absorbing his soul. 

Naturally, as someone capable of sharing my soul with others, I possess the ability to take as well. 

However, I had never utilized this power before, as there had been no need for it. Moreover, this ability came naturally to me from the very beginning, much like breathing, without requiring any specific training.

My first act of shedding blood left Zeidritz somewhat conflicted. Perhaps he had anticipated a more gruesome display of violence, but instead, all he witnessed was a lifeless, soulless shell failing to the ground. Frankly, I find the idea of slitting someone's throat rather repulsive.

Given the choice, I prefer to execute my kills swiftly and with finesse, providing the opposition with a dignified death, at the very least, as a sign of respect. While I may not possess a fundamentally good nature, I strive not to behave like a complete and utter jerk.

Year 8

It was the dead of night when I heard a commotion downstairs in the chapel. Descending from my chambers, located in the upper level of the newly renovated chapel, I discovered several Quincy and Zeidritz engaged in a respectful yet heated argument. 

It seemed they held differing opinions, each suggesting a distinct course of action.

Stepping onto the staircase, all eyes turned toward me simultaneously. 

One of the Quincy spoke, "Ah! Your Eminence! Sorry for disturbing

He expressed regret at disturbing my sleep and mentioned that they should have chosen an alternate location for their meeting. I shook my head, indicating that it was not a significant bother, though they had indeed awakened me.

I still preferred to communicate through gestures and expressions rather than extensive verbal dialogue, unless it was absolutely necessary to provide a detailed explanation. 

“...”

Tilting my head slightly, I gave them a questioning look, silently urging them to explain the cause of the commotion.

Taking a step forward, my retainer, Zeidritz, began to elucidate the situation. "Your Eminence, there is a nobleman to the west whose procession of slaves is under attack by nomads. His knights have been overwhelmed, and some of the slaves have turned against him. We are contemplating whether we should offer assistance."

Ah, I understood the dilemma they faced. As I had previously learned, Zeidritz and the villagers were expelled from their land by a Roman noble. They harbored a deep-seated hatred for such nobles and were willing to tarnish the title of the village's "Sanctuary" in defiance.

These nobles were not mere spoiled young masters; they held substantial power. Offending them could lead to an entire legion knocking on our door by nightfall.

Hearing this, I fell into deep contemplation. Should we extend our help? After careful consideration, I gestured to assemble the Quincy warriors, indicating my decision to provide assistance.

I noticed a flicker of confusion in their brows upon hearing my words. They must have been puzzled by my choice, knowing full well the village's history with nobles. However, they would not dare to disobey me. In truth, they had no choice.

As the Quincy exchanged glances, one of them lowered his head in understanding and nodded. "Understood, we shall depart immediately."

He took a resolute stride toward the exit, his steps laden with determination. I couldn't help but smile, feeling a strange sense of connection in witnessing their emotional turmoil.

However, I had not yet completed issuing my orders...

An extraordinary moment, rarer than a meteor shower, unfolded before them. My lips parted, and words escaped.

"Accidents happen, and the demise of nobles who venture into unprotected lands is nothing new. You understand what I’m implying, don't you? Now, go forth and save only the slaves. Godspeed."

15