06 – God’s Tongue
941 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the key Daniel gave him, Oli pressed the button for the 11th floor.

When the elevator door opened, Oli saw the living room of the family apartment and entered, making Daniel, Bella and Emy lift their heads from the couch to look at him.

Even Vers who was sleeping on the sofa's shoulder also lifted her head and looked at Oli as she lazily walked towards Oli and climbed onto his shoulder to go back to sleep.

"Hey hey, isn't little Emy asleep yet?" Oli asked smiling as he petted the sleeping Vers and looked at the small girl rubbing her eyes.

Bella smiled at that and replied. "Who said this little girl wanted to go to sleep when the 'Big Oli' hadn't arrived yet?"

Daniel laughed too. "This is your fault, Oli."

Emy was embarrassed but didn't care and ran to hug Oli while making an angry voice. "Silly Big Oli, forgot Emy here..."

Oli crouched down to her height and hugged the little girl. "I'm sorry Emy, I promised I would be on their show, did you watch it?"

Emy nodded her head quickly. "Yes, yes, Emy saw everything, but Big Oli only showed up after a long time…"

Oli smiled and took a present out of his back pocket. "This is an apology gift for Little Emy, how about it?"

Emy raised her head quickly when she heard Oli speak present and was shocked by the beautiful black rose in Oli's hand.

Unlike the black paper flowers he made for Carly's bouquet, this single rose took Oli three times as long as it took him to make an ordinary flower.

As he wouldn't have time to make a bouquet for Emy, so he devoted himself completely to making a beautiful rose for Emy.

"Humph…" Emy snorted as she took the flower from Oli and held it very carefully.

"What it was?" Oli asked in a patient voice.

"Emy only got one flower while Big Oli gave a bunch of flowers to the other girls…" Emy said in a slightly sullen voice.

Oli laughed at this and explained in a whisper voice. "Actually, this flower of Emy's is special, she has a secret..."

Hearing this, Emy's eyes lit up as her little ears came close to Oli to listen. "What is the secret?"

"This is a magical flower… did you see it? It's a much prettier flower than the other girls' flower because this flower has a special power." Oli explained with mystery.

"A special power?" Emy lifted the flower and began to look closely trying to figure out what power it had. "What's the special power?"

"As long as Emy takes good care of that flower, I'll always be able to protect you." Oli looked at Emy with a smile as he stroked her head.

"Like that heart chocolate?" Emy asked as she remembered something.

"Yes, while chocolate helped me protect you on the inside, this flower will help me protect Little Emy on the outside, how about that?" Oli said smiling.

This heart chocolate was something Oli made for Emy last year when she was scared to sleep with the lights off.

Since she ate the chocolate that Oli made for her with this magic chocolate story, she never had to sleep with the light on again.

With Oli's explanation, Emy quickly stopped being angry and a big smile appeared on her little face.

"Then Emy will take good care of the flower… Mommy!" Amy yelled, startling Bella who was watching all this with a smile.

"What is it, princess?" Bella asked confused.

"Emy needs a vase to hold the flower…" Emy said with a serious look.

"It's OK." Bella smiled as she took Emy's hand and went to choose a flower pot to let Emy plant this flower, even if it was paper.

"Don't forget that this is a magical flower, Emy, you can't water it, you can only pet it, otherwise the magic can wash it off." Oli explained quickly, making Emy startle and nod her head quickly.

When the two left the room and went to look for a vase of flowers, Daniel quickly became restless and looked at Oli not knowing how to say something.

"What is it, Uncle Daniel?" Oli asked while furrowing his brows. "Don't tell me you didn't kill that Boss until today?"

Hearing that, Daniel widened his eyes and quickly responded. "Yes, yes, I killed that Boss more than 10 times since we played the last time, it's just that this time I just wanted to see if you hadn't gotten rusty."

Looking at Daniel's clearly fake expression, Oli chuckled. "Okay, I'll 'show you I'm not rusty'."

Hearing this, Daniel's eyes lit up and he quickly grabbed his Xbox 360 controller while turning on the video game.

Ding

The console noise was relatively loud in the quiet house at this time of night, making a voice come from upstairs.

"You couldn't wait until tomorrow for him to help you pass that damn video game?!" Bella yelled in a slightly irritated voice.

Oli looked at Daniel with an expression pretending to be suspicious, while Daniel looked at him in horror. "She doesn't know what she's saying, she doesn't listen to her, it's because she doesn't understand video games."

[Daniel's Commentary]

Daniel sat on the couch as he explained in a low voice.

"I couldn't kill General Raam once…" He said sighing. "I've been trying to kill that damn general for 4 months and every time he kills me!"

Looking around suspiciously he said. "Fortunately Oli didn't realize that… hehe… he must think I'm pretty good for having killed General Raam 10 times, right?"

[Commentary Ends]

"Your GameScore is still 980 Uncle Daniel, isn't that still the same as when I last played?" Oli asked pretending to be confused.

"Is it 980?! Haha, you got it wrong Oli, last time you came it was still at 830, I got all those points killing that boss at 10x hehe." Daniel said while pretending to brag and sweating a little.

"Hmm…" Oli pretended to be smug as he fought General Raam.

After 2 minutes the Boss was dead and Daniel looked at Oli as if he was seeing a monster.

"As…?" Daniel looked at the screen in disbelief.

Oli killed the Boss so easily, Daniel had tried so many ways and none of them worked before!

"I think it was just luck." Oli chuckled as he watched the final cutscene with Daniel at his side.

When they finished the game, Daniel turned off the video game and went to show Oli his room.

As the two bedrooms on the second floor were occupied, Oli would stay in the bedroom on the first floor.

Looking around, Oli felt warm inside.

The room was all decorated with the things he liked, whether it was posters of rock bands that he listened to with Daniel, video game posters, even some cookbooks on the shelf.

Oli even smiled when he saw a Pear computer for him in his room, so he didn't have to share a computer with anyone.

"Thanks Uncle Daniel." Oli smiled as he hugged Daniel.

"No need to thank Oli, you know we love you. We just want you to be as comfortable as possible, this is also your home now." Daniel smiled as he hugged Oli back, making the boy smile.

Despite having memories of another life, Oli only had memories of specific things without any experience, so he really was just a 13 year old boy.

Those little things that showed his uncles concern for him made him feel good.

Looking at the time, Oli noticed that his parents were still on the flight to France, so he just shook his head and decided to text them good night and have a good trip before going to sleep.

The next day, the first thing Oli did when he woke up was look at System.

[Positive emotions caused by the entertainment you provided may yield random Gachas as rewards.]

[Positive Emotions: 68/5,000]

[Gachas: Advanced Origami Skill, Animal Hearth, Master Flower Arrangement.]

"Yesterday's concert earned me 63 positive emotions!" Oli was surprised by this number, normally the amount he received was only around 2% of the average viewers, but yesterday's program with an average of 1,000 viewers yielded 6%!

'Probably because seeing girls happy when they receive flowers is an easier way to attract extremely positive emotions?' Oli wondered in surprise.

From what he tested these last 2 years, just normal positive emotions didn't count for the system, only extremely positive emotions, to the point where it made the viewer really emotional would be enough to attract this.

So it was a bit difficult for him to get such a high percentage with every stream he made, as it was difficult to invoke that feeling in people just by cooking.

Feeling movement beside him, Oli smiled and said. "Good morning Vers, are you hungry yet?"

"Meow" Vers replied elegantly as she walked over and gave Oli's cheek an affectionate lick.

After changing his clothes, Oli saw that Vers wanted to climb on his shoulder again, but Oli quickly took a step back, avoiding the kitten.

"Meeowww" Vers growled irritably, wanting to climb on Oli's shoulder.

"No no, during the morning you have to exercise, have you forgotten?" Oli scolded Vers, making the kitten lower its tail and accept its fate of having to walk the few meters to the kitchen.

With a smile on his face, Oli opened the door and walked into the kitchen, earning an annoyed look from Daniel and Bella who were staring at the ceiling.

Confused, Oli looked at them and asked. "What it was?"

"We're hungry…" Daniel grumbled, earning a wave from Bella.

"Why didn't you eat then?" Oli asked even more confused, earning an even more annoyed look from Daniel and Bella.

"You think we haven't tried?" Bella pointed at the plate of eggs and bacon that had clearly been cold in the sink, leaving Oli even more confused.

Seeing that Oli really didn't understand, she just sighed and explained. "Your cooking skills have improved a lot, now our food tastes like garbage. You can't even swallow it…"

Looking at their faces which were already getting thinner, Oli laughed. "Well well, so I have two God's tongues here that are no longer content with mortal food?"

With an arrogant expression, Daniel said in a deep voice. "Yes my son, give us your offering so we can start our day…" He said, before changing to a pitiful expression. "Please…"

Bella looked between Daniel and Oli and started to laugh.

"Alright, my gods, I'll offer you this offering, I hope you like it." Oli feigned humility as his body exuded arrogance, making his uncles laugh even harder.

Ding Dong

Suddenly the apartment bell rang, making only three look at each other in surprise.

"Did you sneak anything back, Daniel?" Bella looked at him with a suspicious look.

Instead of answering immediately, Daniel was thoughtful trying to remember if he had bought anything, making Bella even angrier.

Opening the door ready to receive the order, Bella was surprised by who was on the other side of the door.

Two girls and a boy around Oli's age were looking at her with hungry expressions, while behind them was an apparently 25 year old looking at her curiously.

Seeing the teenagers' expressions, Bella soon understood the reason and opened the door for them to enter.

"Come on, Oli is already making breakfast." She said as if she had found battle buddies, making Spencer even more curious.

Sam, Carly and Freddie quickly ran to the kitchen and it wasn't until they saw Oli frying eggs that they finally relaxed.

As Bella was about to close the door, a woman held the door while looking at Bella suspiciously.

"What did you do with my little Freddie?"

18