11. Fight with the silverus
135 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Troublesome situation that came to the beastkin village has been settled by our Ren who was kinda the reason for the trouble as well though. But right now Ren is at complete loss of words at how to react to the fox girl who is hugging her so tightly not that she doesn't like it but still it came as a complete surprise for her.

"Ixia I'm completely fine see, you can relax, I'm not so easy to be defeated by some overgrown 3 headed dog" Ren tried to calm ixia though not realizing how weird it was sounding about her comparing the silverus to a dog, while the villagers could only sweatdrop at the explanation of silverus by the human.

"St..still i... le...left you to fight such a dangerous monster alone, you will obviously never acceptmy friendshipafter this"*sniff* seeing the fox girl's condition Ren doesn't know how to calm her.

Bringing the foxgirl to a nearby stone she made her sit there "Ixia sit here and listen, there wasn’t much you could do here and you went towards the village obviously out of worry for people only so there's no fault in your part, it was natural for you to worry, and about your Second worry what about me accepting your friendship, are you serious" *bonks Ixia's head with fist* "aren't we already".

"R..Ren...wahh" and just hugs Ren even more tightly.

"I..ixia ca..can't breath" 

"Opps I'm sorry eheh" the fox was too happy right now.

"I don't want to interrupt two friends but can you please tell how you defeated that monster ALONE?" Seeing the duo in their own world Axel decided to finally interupt and ask about the main topic.

"Ahh about that, actually it was so easy to defeat it i feel kind of crazy for not able to think about it before and running for so long from it" on bringing the topic Ren answers while making an irritated face.

Flashback

Ren's pov 

Feeling irritated by the monster dodging all my attacks was really irritating.

"Come on why do you have to dodge everything face my head on if you have guts, umm do monsters have guts or some other way of digestion? Hmm they look like mammals only so maybe they have? " it looks like my mind wondered to useless things like usual "come on Ren you've to concentrate, if you don’t defeat it the village will be destroyed you wouldn't be able to eat all those delicious food again".

"And ixia will be sad as well, you can't make foxy sad" 

Hmm I've to think if some thing ...wait a sec if using magic is just imagining it i should be able to use other attributes of magic as well right why the hell am I only using fire magic, oh yeah I wanted to make barbecue out of it.

And with that while dodging its attacks which I must say are quite scary, I thought of some way to defeat it which wasn't any genius idea though.

"Ok let's go" and while it was busy attacking me with some beam like attacks I used earth magic to bird its legs to the ground.

It noticed it immediately but poor monster, before it could try to get out of the binding I just bombarded it with fire spells one After another even though it became roasted in first attack itself.

"Hah didn't I told I will make a barbecue out of you" what you can't expect me to not be smug after defeating such a ferocious dangerous monster.

Finally after the fight I was going to relax with my dear foxy but this damn monster wouldn't let me relax after its death, the red crystal like gem on its forehead began to emit some dark cloud like gas before breaking into dust and disappearing.

"...its not coming back to life right?" I asked myself loudly looking with a wry smile at the monster.

"Umm excuse me wh..what is that crystal exactly is it normal?" Knowing I'm not getting any answer asking myself obviously I decided to ask the people nearby who were looking dumbly with open mouth at the monster.

After asking a few more times and using my fists a little bit It brought them out of their trance and like I had guessed it was definitely not Normal. So I decided to keep an eye on the monster in case it DID came back to life and asked someone to inform Ixia or Axel.

Flashback ends

Author's pov 

"And thats how I defeated it, still can't believe i was not able to think something so simple before" Ren still was not able forget how dumb she has been not able to think about it before.

"I definitely wouldn't have believed about you killing an A rank monster alone but seeing the craters its quite obvious about your powers" Axel could finally understand the power of Ren after witnessing it himself.

"Ahhh about th..that ,...I'm sorry" 

"Wait wait why are you apologizing, we should be instead thankful to you for protecting our village" everyone was taken aback by Ren's apology.

"I ...I mean the monster was kinda following me and your village wouldn't have been attacked if I hadn't came here" Ren was feeling kind of guilt for the destruction caused by the monster.

"It wasn't your fault, if it wasn't for you the village would have been destroyed" ixia was totally against Ren being the cause of trouble.

"..bu.. but" 

"Ixia is right it wasn't your fault, and it was obvious that there was something wrong with the monster itself ,so you shouldn't blame yourself" Axel also supported his sister.

"Yo..you guys , hah alright , is your hand alright though sir Axel, it looks very bad you should rest" Ren seriously couldn't ask for any better friends ever 'I swear I will protect this village from whatever danger may come'.

"Its alright it will be fine ...OUCH dam what are you doing Ixia" Axel was assuring Ren when ixia decided to poke Axel's hand which was broken.

"Well its obvious how fine you are ,so go and rest in home, and you aren't doing any work till you're completely fine" and with that with the help of few peoples from the village ixia pulled Axel to their home.

"Come on I can't just stay in bed till I get completely fine , it will be very boring" 

"Im not listening to anything, seriously the way you're behaving i somtime think Ren and you are siblings" 

"Well I don't mind getting another cute sister like her, especially since my one little sister is so boring...ouch ..stop poking my hand"

"You deserve that, whom are you calling boring hmph" ixia just turned her head away from him and started to walk towards their home faster.

"Im sorry you're not at all boring really" 

'Life couldn't be any better especially with friends like these' "guys wait for me" and withthat Ren also chased aftet them.

15