15. Everyone’s planning
522 13 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its been a few hours and Ixia is still unconscious, Ren locked in a room worried like anything for the fox and Axel in a difficult predicament on how to deal with the villagers who want Ren dead.

All the healers and alchemists have tried all different ways they had knowledge of to treat the fox girl Ixia but all of their efforts were useless, well except some who really wanted to treat her as most priests from the church obviously had no intention of saving her.

While all this was going on in another house of the village the wolf beastkin Grimlock was standing in the balcony of his home sipping wine relaxingly not at all worried about the situation at the lord of the village's house.

"Sir are you not going to do anything?, I mean isn't lady Ixia going to die if this goes on like this" seeing the wolf person so relaxed the person serving him covered in cloak asked confused afterall the wolf beastkin wanted to marry the lady.

"You don't have to be afraid about it Ryan, you do remember one of the person treating lady ixia is my person, don't you?" Grimlock asked with a constant relaxed smile.

"I know my lord, but then why haven't lady Ixia back to normal, its as if she is still affected by that poison" The cloaked person named Ryan asked while making an even more confused face.

"Ryan my friend, you maybe good at spying and all but you are still a child when it comes to tricks and plots" Grimlock said to Ryan while sitting on the chair in the balcony and sips his wine "hmm this is quite good".

"Have you planned something already my lord" realizing that Grimlock had already done something about it without even him knowing was a surprise for him afterall he thought he was keeping information about everyone in the village.

"Well you've been loyal to me for a long time so I guess its fine for you to know" saying it he turns towards the balcony and looks in the direction of the village lord's house "lady Ixia is already cured of the poison".

"Wha.."the information was too shocking for Ryanand probably will be for anyone.

'That old priest have been a huge thorn in my work, might as well take care of both problems the high priest Christophe and that human at once.' Thinking about it the wolf beastkin Grimlock smirks while sipping his wine.

______________________________________________________

While Grimlock was plotting of taking out the high priest was relaxing in the room given to him in the village lord's house for his stay while the treatment of Ixia.

The high priest was just laying in the couch with few sevants serving him which looks like he is in some kind of resort enjoying and relaxing Rather than his actual reason for staying which was healing Ixia. Which he was not going to do anyway being the one for the situation afterall.

'Who even made that foolish foxe the lord of our village, he is treating the person responsible for his sister's condition with such great treatment haha' Thinking about it the high priest chucked lightly.

While the high priest was busy in his thoughts and enjoying the treatment he is getting there was a knock on the door.

"You may come" the high priest asks the person to enter.

After getting the high priest's permission the door opened and a young beastkin in priest clothes entered and bowed to the high priest.

"Ohh priest Troy" while looking at his attendants the high priest asked them to leave the two alone. "So priest Troy what is the condition of our lady Ixia" high priest Christophe asked while making a smirk obviously having an idea of the condition of Ixia.

"Its as planned high priest Christophe, lady ixia's condition is bad, she still hasn't gained consciousness which is good for us, it shouldn't take long for her life to end" the other priest said quietly afraid if someone might hear for which he is sure he will die without even given a chance in case someone finds out about it.

"Good good" hearing it the high priest laughs with a satisfied expression "the lady shouldn't have dared to mess with me just because of that human, poor now neither can she save that human nor herself haha" 

Priest Troy doesn't know how to react to that, he didn't had any personal enemity with the lady Ixia and neither wanted to harm her but he knew better than to go against the high priest after being with him through all his plans, not to mention he doesn't want to end up like the lady as well.

"You may leave now priest Troy, let the Gods have mercy" breaking priest Troy of his thoughts the high priest said asking him to leave.

"Let the Gods have mercy" bowing to the high priest the other priest left only hoping to every God, no danger comes to his life after everything he is doing.

'Now let's enjoy the treatment given by that foolish fox' saying it the high priest again relaxes in his couch.

______________________________________________________

Axel's pov

The meeting with all those elders of the village ended and finally it was decided that Ren should be sentenced to death. 

"Even though I'm sure Ren is innocent I can't do anything dammit" 

If something happensto Ren because of this I'm sure Ixia will never forgive me or our people or especially herself. My sister, she finally found a friend and that too such trouble had to come.

I've to think of something, I know if Ren wanted to harm us with her strength even all the villagers couldn't do anything. But that stupid friend of my sister is too innocent to harm others.

"Sir Lance I've a request for you" without any other option to save Ren i asked sir Lance who was once the commander of the knights in the beast kingdom who is my most loyal person and who always supports whats true.

"Lord Axel if you are asking me to save her from the trial im afraid I can't do it" its true he can't do anything when all the village elders decided something.

"I know, Sir Lance i want you to investigate few peoples, one is high priest Christophe and the other is......" 

"Sir you think..." he looked at me with wide shocked eyes at the names of the persons I asked me to investigate which should be obvious, but im sure it should be one of them responsible for this situation. 

"Hmm and if possible try to interact with Ren, I'm sure you would understand that she's really innocent and has no hand in it" just i hope Ren doesn't irritate him much which she is quite good at.

______________________________________________________

Ren's pov 

Its been few hours though it feels like a few days, seriously how the heck am I supposed to escape from these guards, I can't hurt them obviously, I don't wanna make foxy sad.

...how even is she now, these people don't say anything about her that I ask,"just let me meet Ixia dammit" I can't handle it i have to meet ixia and make sure myself If she is alright.

 If the accusations of the people talking was really right so she was poisoned. It would be impossible to treat her then without first knowing the poison first atleast. What should I do?

Ok Ren think calmly, think calmly she was completly fine till we reached the clothes shop, except her teasing and forcing me to wear those clothes which wasn't like her but I don't think it has any relation with her getting unconscious.

Hmm so whatever happened it was during the time I was changing clothes, that was the only time I wasn't with her. Thats it whoever did it was during that time but it no way helps the situation,  neither they will believe and let me go nor I can save her even if I go to ixia.

While I was busy in my thoughts the door opened suddenly with a loud sound shocking the hell out of me and nearly giving me a heart attack. From the door a five guards entered all of which were quite scary.

'I have a bad feeling about it' the looks on those guards was really scary more than even the scary guards at the entrance of the village a lot more.

"Human you are alleged as the couse of lady Ixia's condition, therefore you are under arrest, don't even try to resist or use magic" the leader of those scary guards said something ridiculous while pointing his sword at me.

Saing it one guard came and locked my arms in some chains which were glowing a light blue for a while I think? 

"These are magic sealing chains you can't use any magic while being tied by it" guard seeing my confused face explained. 

"And I'm not some guard leader I'm the commander of the knights squad of this village" the guar...I mean knight commander said as if reading my mind, am I so easy to read even that God was able to tell what I was thinking.

"Your expression gives away what you are thinking" this guard seriously is irritating.

If you dumbheads are so intelligent to understand what im thinking from my expression can't you understand I'm innocent from my innocent expression.

While I was complaining in my mind about the guard while going through the village which was too silent for some reason which was quite weird.

Anyway this feeling is weird it feels like that mana feeling while using magic but it feels all over this place for some reason.

'Do what I say if you don't want to die' I suddenly heard some voice in my head? 

It seems I'm finaly going mad with all these things going on.

12