13 – Sour and Sweet
2.1k 8 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Emilia stared down at the man, she was also conflicted. Though her's was different from Jean's.
 
She didn't feel anything about paralyzing a man, just as she didn't feel anything about killing that agent before.
 
She briefly wondered if she was a psychopath.
 
*You are not,* she felt the thought arrive on the link, along with Jean's hand on her shoulder.
*I can feel your emotions, idiot, don't think like that.*
 
Emilia smiled at that, *Hold me back if I go too far?* she asked.
 
*Okay,* Jean answered and removed her hand. She retreated, intent on watching whatever Emilia planned to do.
 
The first thing she did was remove everything from the man, leaving him only in his underwear. Luckily telekinesis and psychic constructs relieved her of undressing a grown man.
 
Before she hastily broke anything electronic in she found the man. A tracker giving up their location would have been bad. As she removed the broken tech from him she noticed what she assumed was the tool creating the anti-psychic field. It looked like a small ball with a few buttons on it, it didn't work anymore. She would have to look into this later. She also searched the man's body with her sense for any subdermal tracker but found nothing luckily.
 
When she removed the helmet and mask from the man her telepathy finally picked up on his mind.
 
It seemed like whatever was blocking it wasn't implanted into his body.
 
*Could you sense his mind before I removed this?*
*A bit, my senses were kind of foggy around him,*
Emilia levitated the mask, it was a simple full face-covering mask with goggles for night vision and air-filtering face covering. It couldn't block her telekinesis only her telepathy? Another thing to test out later.
 
*How did you break this ball anyway?* Emilia asked curiously.
 
*I just crushed the field it made and the thingy broke by itself,* Jean answered.
 
So she just used brute force to overwhelm it. Good thing it had a limit, the helmet didn't seem to but it also wasn't capable of perfectly hiding his mind.
 
While Emilia couldn't get through it Jean seemed to be able to. Whoever they were they weren't prepared to be a psychic on Emilia's level but on Jean's. They also didn't seem to have countermeasures to telekinesis only telepathy.
 
Next time they probably would have something, what if there was a material she couldn't use telekinesis on?
If they made a bullet out of that could she do anything against that?
Well, there was a perfect source of information just in front of her.
 
Emilia created a separate part of her mind, deprived it of any emotion and distance it from her main one.
 
Then she proceeded to savagely tear the kidnapper's mind apart and copy any part of his mind into the new section.
 
She didn't want to be affected by copying memories crudely. She would only transcript useful information into her notes before purging the newly created sub-mind and reintegrating it. If that didn't do it she didn't know what would.
 
She was at it for a good half an hour, by the end the man was lobotomized and comatose. His mind was in shambles.
 
Emilia was very careful in viewing the stuff she copied and now she finally purged the sub-mind and reintegrated it.
 
She didn't feel different. Needless to say, she probably wouldn't feel herself changing so she asked the only one who could.
 
"Am I still the same, did I mess it up?" she asked her partner in crime.
 
Jean tore her gaze away from the frothing man at the edge of death and swallowed.
 
With a deep breath, she seemed to submerge herself in her telepathic sense.
 
"No, if a bit shaken, but you don't feel different in a fundamental way," Jean said. She also made her way to Emilia's side, carefully avoiding stepping into the bodily fluids of the man.
 
Emilia tried to smile reassuringly at her, "let's clean up this mess and get out of here!"
 
"I didn't think I would be getting rid of a corpse on my date today," Jean said, trying to distract herself.
 
"Well I didn't think I would be shot at during my first kiss," Emilia replied while glaring down at the now-dead man. He seemed to have forgotten to breathe and suffocated.
 
"So that was your first kiss huh?" Jean asked, with a mischievous smile overtaking the previous fake one.
 
While Emilia was happy she was smiling again she wanted to hide herself in a hole somewhere.
 
"Let's get rid of this trash and make up for it, hmm?" Jean followed up.
 
The now blushing girl swiftly got to work.
 
She didn't think she would use one of her new tricks for this but here she was. She focused on the idea of giving kinetic energy to every molecule separately in the body. Only a tiny bit, enough so it quickly warmed up and soon after caught on fire. It gave off a disgusting stench which she tried to guide away from the two of them.
 
She continued until there were only charred bones on the warehouse floor.
 
*Could you crush these into dust, I'm getting exhausted.*
 
*Alright,* said Jean and steeled her expression, in a few short seconds the bones were reduced to soft powder.
 
Emilia collected all of the ash and bone powder before heading out of the warehouse.
 
She searched for a patch of dirt, quickly made a narrow tunnel as deep as she could and tossed the remains inside before closing the tunnel up. If they found them after this they deserved to.
 
Emilia made eye contact with Jean and they both nodded. It was time to get out of here.
 
Emilia only spoke up once they walked a few blocks from the warehouse.
 
"I need a shower and a change of clothes," she said," do you think they already found out what hotel I'm renting a room at?"
 
"Maybe?" Jean asked back uncertainly, "Wouldn't you know better?"
 
Emilia only shook her head, *He was only a hired sniper, he was given the gear and had been told that his target would have 'mind-control' powers, along with a picture of you.*
 
Jean frowned at that, "So he was after me?"
 
Emilia just nodded as if to confirm it.
 
"We can talk about it more later but I want a bath, what do you say about finding a hotel for the night?" Emilia asked.
 
"Yeah, that would be good," she glanced at Emilia, "you know, that would have sounded quite naughty if we didn't have that link?"
 
"I didn't mean it like that," Emilia squealed, the meaning of her words finally reaching her now sluggish mind.
 
"I know, " Jean said playfully, before changing the topic, "I will need to call the mansion so they don't worry."
 
Emilia just nodded, "Sure," while feeling a bit conflicted.
 
Jean also picked up on it, *Don't worry, while I have my doubts about the Professor some of the other teachers are genuine there,* she said a bit defensively.
 
They had talked about the mansion and the teachers too before, where Emilia revealed that she already knew about it but tried to avoid it.
 
Fortunately Jean accepted that, not acting like a zealot like the X-men in the movies. Incapable of understanding why a mutant wouldn't want to join Xavier.
 
"Do you mind if we go into a clothing store before?" Emilia asked, a bit guilty about dragging Jean around.
 
"Sure, my clothes are also smelling foul due to your barbecue" Jean answered with a weak glare.
 
Emilia just nodded, a bit stumped over her date's emerging sarcastic dark humour.
 
About an hour later both of them wore pyjamas and were lying next to each other on a queen-sized bed.
 
Emilia would have been extremely nervous about 'sleeping' together with a girl for the first time if she wasn't both mentally and emotionally exhausted by the events of the day.
 
She found a somewhat high-end hotel, with armed security and protected rooms. It cost a lot but she has acquired even more from generous gangsters.
 
Jean looked similarly exhausted while she turned to face Emilia, "That was the most interesting that I've been on."
 
Emilia weakly turned herself towards the girl too, "I live to impress my lady."
 
Jean giggled at that, "That you do," she said affectionately.
 
"Now that we are dating I expect to get to know you, even today I barely learned anything about you," whined the redhead.
 
Emilia blushed as expected, "I will answer any question you have!"
 
Jean shuffled closer to Emilia, now only a few centimetres from her, "Promise?"
 
Emilia just nodded meekly, mumbling "I promise".
 
Jean gave her a satisfied smile before leaning in and giving her a peck on the lips.
 
"Good night Emi," she said as she retreated to the opposite side of the bed.
 
"Good night Jean," Emilia replied, before falling asleep with a smile on her face.
145