Magic.
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV : alley woman

  I woke up in the morning already in my bed and with a splitting headache, my memories from the prior night were hazy and hard to grasp, i could only recall fragments of it. I tried to recollect everything that happened step by step.

  After an extremely boring day at my company i decided to have a night out for a little change of pace, i wanted something exciting, maybe even adventurous. I went to some famous club, got some alcohol in my system and took some girl to a dark alley. Then a woman-

  "Ugh" The pain was getting worse. "She must've done something to me."

  This woman gave off this weird feeling, something indescribable strong. I could only remember her eyes, black and red, with a tint of gold, i needed to find her.

  Magic, i've had it since birth, this powerful energy was always by my side, no matter what. Some people said my magic could do bright things, others told me it was dark and calamitous, to me it was whatever i wanted it to be. And in that moment i demanded to see her.

  I closed my eyes and focused on the rest of my memories about her, a powerful aura surrounded me, it was searching every possible thing about this mysterious woman. 

  Strong demonic energy spread in my room, normally a mind search wouldn't manifest anything, she must be tremendously powerful.

  I got up and searched for a few materials required, if i really wanted to find her location i needed to perform a tracking spell, and as she had this much strength, a formal ritual was necessary.

  I started drawing a black salted pentagram on the floor, then i ignited five candles in each point of the pentagram. Every single type of magic needed a sacrifice, those rules commanded the magic world.

  I tore my wrist apart with an enchanted knife that slowed down my vampire healing. After i let my dark blood fall into the pentagram, i sprinkled some wolfsbane on it. The energy in the room instantly changed, getting darker and scarier.

  “Ego memoriam amissam accerso sacrificium suscipe et vos quod mihi deperditum, ego memoriam amissam accerso sacrificium suscipe et vos quod mihi deperditum, ego memoriam amissam accerso sacrificium suscipe et vos quod mihi deperditum” I recited the incantation while my palms were against the floor, putting myself into a trance.

  Opening my eyes i found myself to be in a big library, hundreds of books on the shelves and some students wandering around, living their own mundane lives.

She sat there, calmly reading a history book, with the sun bathing her skin through the windows, she reminded me of a peaceful painting, quieter than the silence, a masterpiece. 

Then, her peaceful expression changed to one infuriated, a blooming anger took over her otherworldly body. Darkness started to cloud the air around her, pitch black energy spread, i've never seen such anger.

  "Who dares try to invade my mind?" A wrathful voice came from her.

  I couldn't believe this, it should be impossible to feel me in the astral plane. Her energy was coming closer to my spiritual force. If she attacked me at this moment, i would be too vulnerable to defend myself. 

   "Wait! i just wanted to find you and ask some questions."

  She glared at my blurry form and said. "I'm not one to forgive transgressions."

   "What did you do to my memories?"

   "Memories?" She paused for a moment. "Ah, so you're the alley girl. What a nice bonding time we had."

   "My name's Katherine, not some alley girl. Why did you erased them?"

   "Isn't it obvious, love? for fun."

   "I'll fucking kill you." That picked her interest and she made a malicious grin.

   "Come after me, if you have the courage that is. I'll allow you feel my presence for a whole day, little witch."

  Then unexpectedly i was back in my room, the pentagram was destroyed and all the candles were put out.

  "She threw me out of my own spell!" blood started running down my nose "dammit, i wasted too much energy to protect myself."

  I got up from the floor and went directly to my drawer, once i got my phone from it i decided to call my mother, she always knew how to help me. I dialed her number and she picked up the call in a few seconds. 

   "Kath? what's going on babe?" Her angelic voice always soothed me, it made me forget all my worries.

   "Hey mom, can you help me with something?"

   "Of course honey, what is it?"

   "How about i come over and we have breakfast together? i need to borrow some of your bestiaries."  

   "Sure, just text me when you're coming." We talked for a few more minutes then we disconnected the call.  

  Davina Wiz, an espetacular woman with a leader's soul, she was the matriarch of the greatest coven there is, under her care the witches were treated with proper value and respect, that was my mother for you.

  As a commander she was strict, maybe even scary sometimes, but as a parent, she was supportive and protective of her children, me and my siblings were well cared for. 

  After about thirty minutes, i opened the front door of her mansion and she was already expecting me in the living room. She heard me and turned around to greet me with a smile.

  "Hey there, my beautiful daughter."

  "Hi mom." I smiled back at her "I really need your help."

    She looked curiously at me, i explained everything to her. Except the little part where i killed the girl... She doesn't need to know that, right?

  "Hm, so you want to find out what kind of supernatural she is." She had a pensative look in her face, mother is an extremely knowledgeable person, i was sure she had at least an idea.

  "From your description, it seems like this woman is some kind of demon. Most types of demons can be identified by the color of their eyes. Follow me."

    Mom guided me to her exclusive library and used telekinesis to grab a book in a higher bookshelf. This room had more than one floor and also books flying everywhere.

   "Here, honey. Every type of demon known to us is registered here. But, be careful dealing with her, she seems stronger than most." She said with an apprehensive look on her face. 

   "Thanks, mom. I'll be cautious around her, and you know how dangerous your daughter is." I said with a smile, and she chuckled hearing my answer.

   "I'll tell the chef to prepare your breakfast. Unfortunately, the coven called for me." She kissed my head, and we parted ways.

0