Chapter 01- Awaken to Darkness
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Mostly a remider to myself. Need to revise.

“Where…Am I?”, I spoke out loud to no one as I try to find some light in this dark room, I found myself currently occupying. After a few moments, I found a screen which said “Please standby for important information in 0:00:00:03” When the timer reach zero, the screen changed to blue as a voice speak out of a hidden speaker, while on screen is the subtitles of what is being spoken by a male voice.

“Hello. You have chosen to participate in a very important trial as one of the nine selected jurors. For the remainder of this trial, you have access to all information from any books, transcript, video, audio, and unfederated access to all websites on the internet and in our database. An exception is that you are not allowed to contact, act out, or implied any information to anyone not participating in this trial or to… a third party through any means both logical and illogical. Those who do not complied to these rules will be kick out and have their memory pertaining to this trial erase as a precaution to prevent tampering of the trial as it ongoing. Any questions pertaining to your rights, responsibility, or access to any and all information pertaining to this trial or events leading to…. the person on trial can be address to any court officials. Due to the importance of this trial going as planned without interruption or skewered result, the judge deem some information necessary to carry out your responsibility as juror to the best of your ability. This information will be spoken to you by the judge right after this pre-recorded message. AS you may had guess upon from how strict security is to the jurors being unaffected by outside interventions, it is deemed necessary for all participation jurors to be kept under surveillance meaning all nine jurors will be required to stay at jurors living quarters when the trial is in recess. All meals, living necessity, and entertain will be provided based on the juror’s interest. Any and all families, friends, and close people to the juror both romantic and unromantic had been told that the selected jurors had been selected to participates in some sort of the juror’s fantasy. An example being a juror who is an avid GTA fan would have their family told they are participating as a GTA beta tester. Due to some jurors being a provider for some people, those people they provided for will receive an allowance of $2,000,000 USD to last them throughout the trials. It must be said that the money provided to dependent is not a part of the juror’s compensation of $2,500,000,000 USD which will be paid out at the conclusion of this trial. After a minutes had passed, the light in the room your in will be turn on and a pre-recorded video of you agreeing to participating in this trial will played while the door will be automatic open and floor light will guide you to the Juror quarters.”

As the pre-recorded message predicted, all the events had happened in exact order of event spoken, leaving me perplexed and more confused than I felt in the beginning. Especially the uncomfortable feeling of see a video of yourself agreeing to be a juror and knowing the reason you can’t even remember it is because they erased that memory for keep me on a neutral stance. Well what could I do except do as the pre-recorded messaged said, follow the light on the floor.

 

 

0