[CUTE-DANGEROUS GIRL – TURNING INTO…]
630 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[MIIYAKO SHIKIMORI'S POV]

When I entered junior high school, I was just like a normal girl who just wanted to make friends, hang out with them, and enjoy school life...

Before that, I admire my big brother, who was a karate champion in his high school, so I took classes about learning karate so that I can also become successful in karate just like my brother... But it all shattered one day when my brother stopped training and he is, no more, plays that sport...

So, now I have no dream whatsoever, I just like to hang out with my friends...

But it all changed on 'that' day...

...

I and my friends are just walking on the streets, talking about the anime that started to come on TV last month... This romance anime is a story about two high school students, one boy, and one girl... The female lead is my favorite character, because of her personality... She has a crush on the male lead, from the very beginning as he helped her when she needed the most... The male lead also has a good heart; he helps everyone who needs his help... But the female lead doesn't like it, so she started to show an obsession with him...

I don't know why, but I like this female lead...

.

My days continued just like that until I saw a 'spectacular' sight which captivated my whole heart and mind...

One day, during the cultural festival of this year, I and my friends are hanging out here and there, all over the school, enjoying the festival to the fullest... As we continue our walk, we decided to enter the school auditorium where, currently, a volleyball match is going on...We took a seat, at the most last seat as we don't have any interest in the game... But I became interested; my gaze didn't even waver a bit from the court where the game was going on... I don't know about the other team but they are playing so much better than our team, I don't know how but my mind says so... I can't seem to hear anything but only the voices they are making, even though my friends are saying something but my whole focus is on the court...

The sight of them running all over, their half of the court; the way they slide to collect the call; the way they jump to shoot the ball, and every single moment I am seeing, now, is such a beautiful scene that...

From that moment, I began to admire this game so much that I wanted to make my career in it... I decided that I will play in the nationals and will win the championship...

As the game ended, the people started to leave the place saying along the lines about how good the other team is, and how bad our team played... Even though it's just a practice match and for entertainment for some people, our team seemed to feel down, after the match... Every player handshakes with each other and then slowly left the place... My friends also seemed too gone as they are not sitting near me, well whatever...

So, I slowly walked towards the court, there is, at the corner, a box which contains the volleyballs... I carefully pulled out a volleyball from that box... This is my first time, touching volleyball and it doesn't fit well in my hand but I can feel the happiness formed inside me, just like when I completely learned karate...

...

When we became the third year in our junior high school, I decided to join the volleyball club... I have to join alone because no other friends are interested in this sport... They joined other clubs like Literature Club, Science Club, etc while some were just happy with their Go Home club...

When I first entered there, I have to work harder than anyone else there... I worked harder, harder, harder, and at last... I succeeded in it... I became a regular on the Girl's Volleyball team...

In our club, there is a total of only 9 members, including me, and a teacher, who is also our coach... In a Volleyball match, we need 6 regular players to play on the court while other players are extras, which will get substituted during the match with the regular players... So, currently, we have only 2 extra players, which is not efficient...

...

Even with that difficulty, we participated in the Inter School Volleyball Tournament... Our first match was with the same team, I saw that day, the team who beat our team easily...

During the match, there were many moments where I, or my teammates, made silly mistakes... Due to that, we lost our first match and got out of the tournament... Our school's boy's team also seemed, to lose in their second game, to the same school...

I don't know why, but I don't feel bad for our loss... Maybe, deep inside me, I know that we will lose this tournament... I don't know...

But I do want to give my best in high school; I will accomplish this goal of mine, of winning this championship...

After that, my junior high school life ended and now it's the time for my high school life...

Before seeing the beauty of Volleyball, I wanted my life to be just like that 'anime', we, me and my friends, talked about during our first year of junior high school... But now, I just want to become a Volleyball professional player...

...

I didn't know at that time, that my former dream, as well as my latter dream, will both become a reality of mine...

...

I, alongside my two friends from junior high school, have given the entrance exam for the All Girls' School... I have chosen this school because it's not too far away from my home, as well as the transportation is very good. After all, it's school buses come to the nearest bus stop, near my home... And education, as well as sports, are said to be elite level... So, if I got enrolled there, it will be great for my future...

After waiting for about a month, our admission letter came, telling us that we have been selected... We were happy enough that we smiled at each other, and lightly hugged each other... Then I told my mother about it, she also showed me her smile, which she normally doesn't show... Well, she must have been happy that I got selected for this elite school...

In the letter, there is also a mention of the entrance ceremony which is going to be on, just two weeks later... I don't want to go but my friends kept on saying that we should go, so I accepted it...

...

At the entrance ceremony, I thought of coming here a bit early... Well, I don't have any reason, it's just I felt like it...

When I entered the school gate, my gaze directly fixated on the blossom tree... The tree leaves are blowing away due to the strong winds, but the scenery is very beautiful... As I was lost in the thought, I suddenly thought to check my Identity card... Just as I took it out of my pocket, my back suddenly got hit by a girl, and my card flew to the top of the tree...

How... What just happened? How is that even possible?

Many questions came across my mind, but I didn't answer any of them as I am still confused about these sudden movements...

Then I tried to find out the ways to get back my card from the tree... But then I spotted someone strange, I saw a boy... He is wearing a similar uniform as me and had an expressionless emotion on his face, he kept on walking until he stopped and stared at me for a few seconds, and after that, he started to stare at the blossom tree... What is he?

I forgot about the identity card and went to him...He showed nothing on his face, just started to stare at me, with his red eyes...

...

We chatted for a bit... I found out that he is also going to be the first year just like me and to prove he also told me to ask the chairman if I want...What a weird person... But his eye doesn't seem to be lying, he kept on staring into my eyes, didn't waver at all... So, there must be some truth in his words...

After that, I again came back to the blossom tree, where my identity card has been stuck... What should I do? Should I call out a teacher for help...?

I didn't ask for anyone's help, I just decided to climb the tree... When I successfully reach the top and grabbed my card, my leg... slipped... And just as I was going to fall, negative thoughts started to come inside my head... If I fall, then what would happen to my family, Mother... If I fall, maybe I will never play Volleyball again... If I fall, then I don't get to meet 'my prince'... If I fall –

As the thoughts rushed, my eyes also get watery and I shrieked in terror... Until I heard a voice...

"Eek"

"Shikimori-san!"

He yelled my name while running towards me; he also quickly dropped the blazer he was wearing... But why was he wearing a blazer...? He... also had a worried expression on his face... Hmm, is he worrying about me, but why? He doesn't have any right to show this kind of expression...

As I was falling to the ground, I suddenly felt a hand on my back... I shivered at the touch, so I quickly turned my body which ended my front, or chest, in front of his face... Why is this happening to me?

But he didn't touch me anywhere improperly, even though he grabbed me by my waist but I think he have to, because if he didn't catch me then I will surely end up getting injured badly, on the day of the entrance ceremony of my high school... And maybe, there is a chance that I will never be able to play volleyball for the rest of my life...

At last, he fell on the ground, I thought his head will hit the ground, as both of his hands are helping my body not to get hurt, but he controlled his body weight to not get hurt... I also didn't know that but my hands are holding his head and not letting go... How embarrassing...

...

"Un"

"Are you alright, Shikimori-san?"

"Un"

Upon seeing me nodding my head, he showed me a small assuring smile on his face, which said 'Thank God, you are alright', 'I don't know what will happen to me if something were to happen to you'... HUH! W-what am I thinking? There is no way... If that's the case, then... what w-will I do?

I don't know, but when he called my name earlier, and showed me his worried face... My heart skipped a few beats, but... That can't be possible, that thing happened only because I was afraid that I was falling from the tree...

But why...? Why my heart is beating so fast? My face also started to heat up... I am b-blushing...? No way, no way... I don't even think about the case that I will fall in love with anyone during high school, because this is a girls' school... Why?

...

I just embarrassed myself in front of many students; some of them are maybe my classmates also, even before the first day of school... How can I just sit on top of him, without even knowing about it?

When I was saved by him from the fall, I just sat on top for about a minute... He also didn't say anything about it, though... But maybe he was just trying not to embarrass me, or was he e-enjoying it... If the latter is true, then he is a pervert...

After that incident, I came inside the hall where the ceremony is going to be held... The seniors, standing at the door, are welcoming us by saying 'Welcome to our school, we are happy that you are our juniors...' and showing an assuring smile...

When I entered, I started to search for my friends and, about 2 minutes later, I found them... They are standing in the corner of the room, looking at the ground... What happened to them?

"Hello, you two"

"Oh, Micchon, you came... We thought that you will not come here..."

"Yes, Mi-chan... Kyou-chan is right..."

"Hm... Oh, I just thought that since you two are going, so maybe I should also..."

...

After that, we chatted for a bit... Until and unless, the whole hall is filled with students, whether it's the first year, second year, or third year... The teachers are also present here, there is not a single male teacher... There are only two males present inside the hall; one is the old man, who is the Chairman of our school, and the other is the boy, who is a first-year student, he is walking towards us... Don't tell me he is in the same class...

Everyone present there, has their eyes on him alone... Well, my gaze is also fixated on him, or to be clear on his actions... He didn't waver a bit, even though the whole school's eyes are on him; he just walked and walked, until he reached our class line... He stood at the last of our line, where he greeted the girl, who is standing just a step in front of him... Do they know each other...?

During the speech, I sometimes took a glance at him and I noticed that he is just standing there idly... As I was standing in the middle of the line, I turned my whole body to see him, but I didn't show any type of expression during this period... He didn't yawn, talked nor gave attention to anyone, even though many girls standing at the back, are looking at him as if they want to talk with him...

But his eyes twitched a little when the Chairman called out his name in front of everyone...

"And one more thing, as most of the students already noticed while some did not. There is a male student enrolled here this year. His guardian is a good friend of mine. So please help him if he needs any help, okay everyone?"

Upon hearing it, every head turned on him... His right eyebrow slightly rose... Is he angry? Or... As I thought this, his expression again, came back to its normal state...

Then he immediately raises his hand and started to wave in Chairman's direction... While on his face, a smile formed... I think he is just forcing it on himself...

"There you are, Kaneki Ren-kun. Thank you for coming here."

Chairman said this. And then everyone presents there, except the teachers, tilted their heads... Thought about why he just thanked him, but no one seems to find the reason as they just started to talk with their friends, or classmates, about him...

...

And just like that, the ceremony came to an end... Many students wanted to leave for the preparation while few of them wanted to tour the school... I am with the former ones, as I don't see any point in seeing the school; if I have to I will just see the Volleyball court with my friends... But what he is going to do now...

I turned my face, here and there, to find out that he is just like me; he also is going to his home... But I wanted to talk with him...

So, I quickly reach out to him...I tapped on his shoulders and then he turned his body, in my direction...

"Kaneki-san, we are classmates..."

"Yes, we are."

"Would you like to be my friend?"

Haah, what am I saying... I am sure he will –

"What?"

Just as I thought, he will think I am a weird girl, because we just shared one or two words... I should have waited more... But what I heard next, I haven't even thought about that...

"But I thought we already are friends..."

"Oh..."

...

I am, on my way back to my home, I am walking along with my friends, Kyou Nekozaki and Yui Hachimitsu, who are my friends from Junior High school... They are my best friends, who have decided to enroll in the same school because I wanted to... They called me by my surnames, such as Micchon or Mi-chan...

"Hey, Micchan... What do you think of Kaneki Ren? I think he will be a pervert, just like those boys back in our Junior High school... Right, Yui?"

"Kyou-chan, I don't think he will be like that... But who knows, maybe you are right..."

"Kyou, Yui... Can you stop talking about someone, who you guys, have not even met and talk once?"

"Micchon, don't tell me..."

Kyou said this in a high voice, looking at me, and then turned her head to meet Yui... They both talked about something through their gazes and gestures... What are they talking about?

...

During our detour from school to our houses, we stopped at the bookstore... The bookstore is very famous among our age group, mainly because it sells light novels and mangas also, along with other books... We stopped there, only to find out that the anime, which came in our first year of Junior High school, has released its third volume of Manga...

'I WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS LOVE YOU.'

This is the name of the manga and anime, which was quite famous among both boys and girls during that time, well still is... I don't even know at that time, but the main female lead in this manga is a typical 'dere' called 'yandere'... The author does a great job, showing a very beautiful romance between the male lead and female lead... The jealousy factor is quite famous among the boys. While the romance done between them, is quite famous among the girls, somewhat among boys also...

I bought all the Volumes because I wanted to re-read this again... And I have enough time to read this, because the school is going to open, in the next week...

........

'The confession part was so beautiful...'

The female lead, the high school girl, was the one to confess her feelings to the male lead, and when he heard about her confession, he then started to walk in her direction; as soon as the male lead reached there, and stood in front of her, he put his hands on top of her shoulders gently; the female lead looked surprised, but even though her gaze didn't waver a bit, they just stared into each other's eyes. Then he suddenly spoke into her ears, 'I Love you too, Ai...'

After hearing his answer, she smiled beautifully and shivered a little bit, maybe because she felt happy, I don't know. And then, they kissed passionately.

...

*sigh*

It's a worthwhile read for me. I am not very fond of things like novels, anime, or mangas. I will say that I got hooked on this series when I started watching it in my first year of Junior High school and always talked about it with my friends, who also liked it.

The interactions are good as well as filled with thrill. Both of the leads are also handsome and beautiful, respectively.

It's my first and last series to read or watch, as I have to develop myself into a better Volleyball player.

...

I am on my way to the school.

*yawn*

Yesterday, I should have slept a little earlier, but I was captivated by the manga that I couldn't get any sleep last night.

When I was walking on the street, reaching the only park in our surroundings, I saw a cat, who got stuck on top of a tree, and she was shivering from terror from the looks on her face.

So I started running towards her, and I saw many people around that tree, but they were not giving any attention to the helpless cat.

'How can they?'

I thought in my mind, but this much I also know, that what I can do about them, nothing, right? So, I just started climbing the tree.

When I started climbing, I suddenly remembered what happened the last week, during the entrance ceremony. About the fact that I was saved, from getting hurt, by Kaneki Ren, the only boy enrolled in our school, no, don't think about him. Yes, let's not think about him...

But still, there is a minor desire that I want him here... No, no... I-it can't be; I d-don't want him near me or a-anyt­­­­hing like that...

...

"Huff Huff"

I finally reached my school, running and not taking any breaks in between...

While saving the cat, in the park, I took so much time in doing so, and just when I reached the bus stop, there... there were no buses and also not a single student waiting for it... That's when I get to know, that I will be late for school. So, I came all the here to the school, running and running alone.

When I enter the school boundaries and the building, I noticed there is not a single person besides me, who might be late just like me... I will get scolded by the teacher, also on the very first day of school... I don't want that experience, but what I can do about it –

"Huff Huff"

I am still breathing heavily... But I noticed something in front of my class, there stands the teacher and Kaneki Ren... The teacher seemed to be scolding him, hmm? Is he also late or is there anything else that matters?

So, I slowly started to approach them, and when I reached there... I stood behind him, listening to what they are talking about...

"Well, I will let this pass as today is the first day of school but if you come late again then be ready for the consequences."

"Yes, I will."

HUH?? Is he also late, just like me? But...

'Why are you late? What happened?' I wanted to ask him these questions, but I think it's not a good place to ask about this, especially since the teacher is glaring at me, in anger, and also the main reason is that I am also the same, late...

"Ok, come inside the classroom. Everyone was just waiting for you two..."

As the teacher was just glaring between me and him, she sighed and told us to come inside... But when Kaneki-san heard 'you two', he turned his face in my direction... I am still breathing heavily while sweating a lot... Oh no, I should have swiped my face with the handkerchief...

"Shikimori-san?"

He called out my name, I wanted to respond but as heavy as I am breathing until now... I couldn't.

"Did you come all the way here running, Shikimori-san?"

When he asked this question, I shuddered a bit... Is it that obvious? Or does he just guess it, right?

As I was thinking that, suddenly a handkerchief came into my vision... And it was none other than, Kaneki Ren, who is standing in front of me... Having a worried expression on his face... Why? Why do you always show this type of expression in front of me?

I stood there, dumbfounded, for some seconds.

And when I realized that I was just staring at him, for all this time... I quickly accepted his handkerchief and started to swipe the sweat formed on my forehead...

When some more seconds passed, my breathing came back to normal and then I told the reason why I came late, to both of them...

"Yes... I got late today because I helped a cat, who was stuck on the tree and --"

"Uh-uh"

When I was explaining the details, the teacher interrupted me... Then she slightly smirked and started to stare at him, while folding her hands... Why is that?

...

When we both entered the classroom, first me and then him... Everyone's gaze was on us, well especially on him... Some of them have angry expressions also, some just showing curiosity while some seemed to not be that affected by it...

At the back of the class, in the second row, there are two empty seats... Does that mean that we are going to be seatmates, hmm? I checked and found out that, he will be sitting in front of me, while my seat will be at the back of the second row, from the windows... I settled there and decided to introduce myself to my other two seatmates... But when I tried, only one of them told me her name and... then just turned her head to see in the direction of the blackboard...

One's name is, I don't know, but the other's seatmate's name is 'Origami Tobichii'...

...

'Why did I return it to him?'

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have returned that 'used' handkerchief back to him... I should take it back home, wash it and then return... Huh, how embarrassing!

But at that time, when he handed me his hanky I just got all anxious and my heart also started to beat faster and faster just as the mere seconds passed... Am I weird?

But I didn't react to anyone else, but him only, until now... In my junior high school, some boys could be considered 'cool' and 'handsome', and I also talked with them, even though it was just once or two times... But my heart didn't beat a single time during those days... Am I in l-love or something?

...

When the teacher told us about things like the 'special exam' and by scoring well on these exams, we will gain some kind of 'points'... And also a girl asked the teacher about some 'S-system' which is being used in the ANHS, the other elite school just like ours but the only difference is that that school is co-ed, while ours are just a girls' school...

After that, the teacher left us, saying that this was not her class; she was only here because she had to tell us about this piece of information as this was her responsibility as the homeroom teacher... A few seconds later, the new teacher came into the class, introduced herself to us, and then started to teach us...

...

Now that I think about it, there was no self-introduction during the first class or any other class until now... Is there no such thing in high school, or only this school is an exception?

As far as I can remember, in our junior high school, there must be a self-introduction part that happened... We all gave introductions to our classmates, who also did the same... But in this school, nothing like that happened... Why is it so?

...

Next day.

I didn't get late for school... I reached there just in time and when I entered the class, I saw that everyone is whispering and talking to each other, about Kaneki-san... Why though?

Then I noticed that everyone's gaze is fixated on the blackboard... So I also turned my gaze to see, what they are seeing... And there is...

'What is this? Why is his name written on the board? What was he doing yesterday, huh?'

===========================================================================

A/N: WELL, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT SHIKIMORI'S POV, HUH?

[THE MANGA I MENTIONED  IN THIS CHAPTER WILL PLAY A BIG ROLE IN THE FUTURE... (I KNOW THE NAME IS CRINGEY, BUT IT'S JUST THAT I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME IN THINKING OF IT'S NAME)]

===========================================================================

 

17