14. Making of a Queen V
44 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five Years Later.

“Mission complete,” Tinel whispers to the air with no one listening to her in particular.

However, reacting to her words is the stirring in the atmosphere as elements fluctuate and cry with fury. From where she stands, a dark hole starts tearing up through space. It gets bigger and bigger until it is at the size where a person can easily get through.

Tinel easily passes through the portal.

No matter how many times she sees this, she cannot help but express awe at the secret Portal Technology of Blumend Kingdom. In the past five years, they have been very busy.

Testament to this is Tinel’s change of gear. Her strength has undergone a massive evolution since before joining the Order of Queenmaker. The old weathered leather gear is no longer in her person, instead, she has precious artifacts decorating her body. She has the Advisor to thank for all of the improvement.

Tinel exits the portal with steady steps as she passes by the desolate hallway where glow stones and various statues decorate the place. The statues might seem useless, but they are actually golems that will activate at the sight of any intruder.

It is unexpected, but all of these golems including the portal technology are only possible through the guidance of one man— the Advisor. Tinel is still in disbelief even now as she recalls the various education they are receiving from him.

At first, she is doubtful as she continues to hear the nonsense that the Advisor is speaking of. What even are levels, tiers, attributes, stats, and subclasses? Tinel’s comprehension of the lessons is the best among them, (except Sofalia who understands more than her) yet she still doesn’t understand half of what the Advisor is teaching.

“I should visit the library and review some things…” She inwardly thinks to herself. She doesn’t know what levels and subclasses are, but she understands that whatever principle the Advisor is teaching must be in the realms of God.

Tinel faces the gigantic gate with decorations of dragons, giants, and monsters. “If it is not in the realm of Gods, then why does Lady Blumend so insistent on us addressing him as Exalted One?” With a nervous gaze, she tries to adjust her mind, not letting any intrusive thoughts disturb her report.

***

I am sitting on the throne in meditative silence.

Lately, I have been able to learn a lot of new skills after a lot of experimentation. I cannot handle other primordial energy like the Mana of Mages, Will of Rogues, and Spirit of Clerics. However, by using the Warrior’s Force as a substitute, I can somehow replicate some superhuman feats unique to the other disciplines. I have a few more skills in my arsenal now. I can transmute them to Skill Books by writing them down and having them for others to learn.

For example, I now have something like [Telekinesis] of Mages which can only be learned on Magic Towers. The Mages who do not go to the tower can learn the skill now, because of the Skill Books I am producing.

The other contributing factor to my ability to produce Skill Books must also have come from the fact that I have memories of every skill within the game and even have perfectly memorized every flavor text about them.

I am also able to recreate the Game Mechanics’ of Vanaheim’s Mirror as Unique Skills. For now, I only have [Inventory] and [Level Appraisal]. Hopefully, someday, I will be able to replicate [Fast Travel] and other functions.

All of this is possible because of my meditation on the meaning of my existence. Specifically, through studying my data and inferring their definition to the real world, I can perform feats beyond the game's rules.

Basically, I now have 'freedom' in a greater sense which is strange, and something highly unfamiliar to me even now.

I truly have been very busy. Aside from my short trips to other places, collecting some items, teaching the members of Queenmaker, grinding the levels of my subclasses, and making plans for Sofalia to eat the Kingdom in one nice chomp, I am also busy on reading a lot of books from various fields.

There are Skill Books of any kind from my pile, but I prefer simplistic informative books detailing a certain field or discussion of a specific thought. There are even a few novels from my collection.

For example, I am currently reading Julio and Tomer, an equivalent counterpart of Romeo and Juliet from what I understand.

Suddenly, I hear the subtle opening of the gate. I remain focused on the novel as it is almost at the climax.

“Exalted One, I have completed my mission. I have planted information on the Ministry of Defense’s side of our activities, and our base of operation. I also took care of the double spies who tried to play us a fool…”

I continue reading the novel in my hand. I realize, my personality has become more prominent in the past five years. After turning another page, and giving it a quick read, I finally let go of the novel.

The Knights of Queenmaker are addressing me as ’Exalted One’, and while I ask them to stop doing that, they just keep on doing it again and again, so I just leave them be.

Tinel is kneeling and waiting for my orders. I understand that this is a show of respect, and there is no need for me to reprimand her over something as small as this. In fact, the others’ reactions and ways of expressing their respect are far more exaggerated. I recall a particular former mercenary who literally banged his forehead on the ground every time he had an audience with me.

“I see,” I comment. “Then, it is time… Spread the word to our allies. The night after the next, we shall purge the Kingdom of its dissenters.”

***

Sofalia drinks a cup of tea while enjoying the sunset. Besides her is her current escort, a noble lady of Fendra City.

Liza Ounder Paraz, a Level 74 Mage, stands idly by beside her.

The members of the Order of Queenmaker are making constant progress, specifically, their levels are continuously rising. Similar to them, Sofalia is also experiencing growth in a way more explosive than she will ever experience. Her new-found ability to detect Levels as her Advisor taught her is especially convenient.

“Liza, you are about to reach the level where you can have a Tier Change. Among the Order's members, Tilen is the only one who is at Tier 7… I am about to approach Tier 8, but it is getting more difficult…”

Liza nods her head affirming her liege’s words. “Yes, milady. I feel like I am about to reach my current potential. I hope you can put a good word to the Advisor so that I can also have my [Tier Change] earlier.”

“Sure,” Sofalia nonchalantly comments. “So what is he up to now?”

“He just finished setting up a new project course for the Secret Technology Research Facility (or STRF for short). He asked specifically for them to devise a form of a flawless government where your rule shall meet the least resistance…”

“That doesn’t make sense…” Sofalia feels confused at the moment as that is not within the bounds of STRF’s scope. They research tech and do not deal with laws. Still, the figures on STRF are so gifted, they might be able to do something as the Advisor requested.

“Milady,” Liza adds in a nervous tone. “You have to read this…” She hands the piece of paper burning with orange flames on its surface.

Sofalia reads the scorched marks leaving a few sentences on the piece of paper. It is a messaging system that STRF developed. The letter reads.

“Dear Sofalia,

It is time you sit on the throne of Blumend. Your father is about to meet the end of his lifespan, and the throne shall be vulnerable for quite a while. The promised five years are almost upon us. I shall lead the others to destroy the cancer of Blumend. I leave the rest to you.

Sincerely, the Advisor.”

Standing up, Sofalia realizes how sad it is… her father who is about to meet his end on a vile disease is helpless at the turmoil shaking the Kingdom from its core. She has to do something. After five years of lying in wait in the capital, and learning about the corruption of Blumend, Sofalia has finally found the motivation to take the throne for herself for the sake of the greater good.

“Liza Ounder, I permit you to go… The Order of Queenmaker at the lead of the Advisor will confront the full force of the Kingdom’s corruption and shall purge it, and you will show them how inferior, sad, and pathetic they have been… Show no mercy...”

At her command, Liza gives a salute and sets off to her destination with a Warp Spell.

Meanwhile, Sofalia will be attending a banquet with all of the officials of Blumend to attend.

“To save the Kingdom, I am willing to do anything…” With depraved hate for those who sully and wrong Blumend, she shall show no mercy. Ice stirs on her every step, and her rapier, Brilden, starves for blood.

I have a side story at the end of this volume about the Five Years' Timeskip. Its title is 'AFKing for Five Years Straight' telling what Van had been up to for the past five years. It is more of a series of slice of life story, while Van acts as a consultant, trainer, and secret backer of Sofalia.

The idea of the five-year time skip is that Van has used that time to learn and integrate himself into the world while helping Sofalia with a schedule. He didn't do anything groundbreaking or some really hard action and delegated the field work to Sofalia's subordinates, this is in part to help Sofalia raise a more independent and self-sufficient kingdom.

5