19. Trinity of the Sky III
26 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark sky hovers above all, and lightning rumbles on the clouds’ depths like the oriental dragons of the east dancing and slithering on the sky. Yet, none of that deters Sofalia. She can also feel the frost elements being oppressed by the weather phenomenon.

Her lonesome figure stands on a platform of ice, specifically an Ice Shield, and more of them continue to float from a few distances around her. The Ice Shield perfectly scatters on random coordinates in preparation for what will be an intense Aerial combat.

Sofalia tilts her head above, provoking her enemies once more. “FIGHT ME!”

However, she is looking in the wrong direction.

Skill— Spark Magic: Lightning Hold

Blue and yellow sparks rush from under Sofalia.

Revealing himself from an invisibility spell is an old man with graying hair and a staff in his right hand. Like a whip, a furious single strand of lightning slithers from the staff’s tip and targets Sofalia, taking claim of her in a lasso, effectively binding her in place.

“Got you,” The old man nastily grins.

The Lightning Hold takes successful hold of Sofalia within a blink of an eye.

The old man, Magic Sky activates the magic word in an attempt to end the Princess Heiress. “Electrocute!”

This sends Sofalia in a flurry as she tries to escape the lightning elements binding her with her martial prowess. Alas, she cannot even make her escape as electricity surges in her body. “Skills that control you even for a microsecond are deadly,” The Adviser’s teachings ring in her ears.

“Within a microsecond, everything can happen. Just a single crowd control skill can change the tune of the game. If it is a duel, your enemy gains a chance to kill you with a single combo. But if there are more than two enemies, then every one of them will have more than just a single chance. This is why crowd controls are the deadliest.”

Proving these wise words is the following event. Pure lighting force wildly collides into a sphere from Magic Sky’s left hand in an instant. He releases the Electro Sphere which possesses speed infinite times faster than the Harpy Queen’s Wind Slash.

Skill— Spark Magic: Electro Sphere

Magic Sky is not satisfied with a meager Electro Sphere as he unleashes another skill with a thought.

Skill— Multicast Magic: Electro Sphere Bombardment

The next form of the Doublecast Skill showcases itself in its all-powerful glory. The single Electro Sphere multiplies into more Electro Spheres until there are only blinding streams of light the size of a basketball, homing accurately at where Sofalia stands.

Sofalia grits her teeth, but there is no pressure. The smile on her face is not out of desperation but anticipation and excitement. It is a surprise that there is an ambush below, but she is prepared. It is sad though that she has to unleash her trump card right at this moment.

Ultimate Skill— Summon: Fenrir

A skill only available to the person, Sofalia Din Blumend. If there is a ranking of Ultimates in the whole world of Vanaheim, the Summon: Fenrir belongs to the peak. The frost elements cry in fury as a mad howling echoes in the surroundings.

It is getting more difficult to raise Levels or the Value of Existence as the higher realm an individual reaches, thus Sofalia decides to direct her energy on improving her mastery. Over the course of Five Years, her ability to call to Fenrir has become so much stronger.

~Awoooooooh!

The weather changes at the mere howl of Fenrir’s mirage. Surrounding Sofalia is a mirage of the great wolf of Valhalla which has slain a God of the ancient times. The wolf’s howl furiously stimulates the suppressed frost elements and negates Magic Sky’s weather magic which is responsible for making the frost elements around them sleep.

With a glance, Fenrir freezes the Spark Magic all coming at Sofalia, thus killing all of their momentum.

Slowly, the mirage becomes more real as an eleven-meter-tall wolf with gray fur shows itself in all of its glory just behind Sofalia. In the next two minutes, she will be invincible. If before, she can only summon a drop of the Great Wolf’s power, then now, she can summon a bucket’s worth of it. Still, that is far from the Great Wolf’s full power that is comparable to a lake.

Magic Sky madly laughs at the appearance of the mythical wolf. He cackles, his laughter echoes in a wild ramble competing with the occasional thunder strikes from above. “This is great! Is this your trump card? Marvelous! Truly MARVELOUS!”

There is wild hysteria in his eyes, which what remains of the strand of his reason is able to barely control. “Ah~ Wyvern Lord! You fucking lucky brat!” He gazes at the clouds above where the Wyvern Lord should be… He suspects he might be already gone. “I so much want to escape, but I will not! You are only about my level! This kind of power should have its limitations!”

Magic Sky reasonably deduces, so as long as he can, he shall preserve his life.

There are many ways to use Fenrir. Sofalia has two options— first, for Fenrir to dwell in her weapon, and second, for Fenrir to fight as summon. There are more options, but for now, this is her choice.

Sofalia chooses option 2. While Fenrir is fighting with her, she will gain infinite access to frost mana.

That doesn’t compare to the monstrous stat increase if Fenrir is summoned through the weapon, but as a familiar summon, Sofalia will have a reliable fighting companion on her side who is about at her same Tier. This means that there are now two Tier 7s on Sofalia’s side.

“I will deal with the Wyvern Lord, he seems to be still lurking behind the clouds waiting for the opportune moment.” Fenrir mentally calls Sofalia.

“Can you fly?” She asks.

The Great Wolf bluntly replies. “I cannot, but I have my ways.”

With a leap, Fenrir freezes the air from which he steps and proceeds to climb upwards as if it is natural.

Magic Sky watches it happen with disbelief. The act itself is unbelievable, but that is not his source of surprise. “You greedy lass! You dare chase two rabbits at the same time! Hah~!” The old man snickers sarcastically, realizing the Princess Heiress’s intentions.

“Yes, now, you don’t have to run away.” Sofalia provokes. Round 2 commences.

From now on, it will be a competition of magic. As a Knigic, Sofalia dares not compete with magic against a Pure Mage, but her infinite access to frost mana gives her confidence.

Ultimate Skill— Chrono Magic: Frozen Time

Sofalia’s strongest magic is not from the Frost Series, but the extending magical concept of frost which is time. Among the elemental magic, only a few can touch on the more unorthodox and conceptual series. For Frost Magic, Light Magic, and Sand Magic, it is time.

After one second, the effect of Frozen Time, Sofalia reappears on Magic Sky’s face while brandishing her Brilden. Magic Sky quickly reacts as he realizes the dilatation in time the moment Sofalia cast her magic.

Skill— Spark Magic: Lightning Warp

Magic Sky reappears a mile away from Sofalia with sweat on his brows.

If only Frozen Time doesn’t have five long seconds of cooldown, she will be already spamming it crazy with the infinite frost mana available to her. Her mana might be nigh endless, but not her stamina.

Within one second of Frozen Time, she has consecutively used Silver Flash to close the distance between her and Magic Sky. “I must applaud you. Your perception and mastery of the space attribute are quite excellent.” She halfheartedly comments.

Sofalia carefully gauges her distance, taking into account that Magic Sky must be within her one-second range. But Magic Sky is too cautious as he too makes the distance from her every time she moves.

“Rookie mistake. I should have not recklessly used my Frozen Time.” She reprimands herself for her own folly. But she will not make a second mistake. Sofalia starts running, leaping off from one Ice Shield to another, making sure to close the gap between her and Magic Sky.

Magic Sky’s flight magic is not so fast that he can maintain the distance from Sofalia. He can choose to cast Lightning Warp, but he doesn’t want to waste any more of his mana, especially at the threat of the giant wolf which is fighting against the Wyvern Lord somewhere behind the dark clouds.

Suddenly, Magic Sky feels another dilation in time through his well-honed perception.

Inside Frozen Time, Sofalia stops time for another second. She makes another consecutive series of Silver Flash and stabs Magic Sky. Unfortunately, she hits nothing but air. At that exact moment, when Sofalia casts her Frozen Time, Magic Sky casts Lightning Warp a microsecond fasterThe problem is both magic is instantaneously activated.

“I admit, my magic theory is inferior to you as you are able to calculate that much,” Sofalia admits her defeat when it comes to magic. The ability to discern probability like this is almost akin to foresight, yet Magic Sky doesn’t have such power. It is all due to Magic Sky’s foundations as a mage.

The fight for supremacy in the air under the dark clouds continues.

5