32. Fear
150 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Spirit avatar lifted the massive hammer and brought it crashing down once again. The ground split open, forming cracks. With Lu Yuan at the center, the ground within a radius of several miles sank slightly and was forcibly compressed by Tang Hao's powerful spiritual power,. 

Tang Hao sneered. He no longer believed that he couldn't land a hit on this kid at least eight out of ten times. Even if it wasn't eight or ten times, he could strike a hundred or two hundred times! He could swing his hammer countless times, while this kid wouldn't dare make a single mistake.

"What a bother!" A young voice filled with impatience resounded. "Perhaps I should have realized it earlier. It's unrealistic to expect someone who is used to using their fists to listen to reason with other people."

Lu Yuan's eyes blazed like torches, and a silver light shot out from his eyes, piercing through Tang Hao's martial spirit avatar and illuminating Tang Hao's body. Then, he crossed his hands, forming an irregular triangle by joining his two index fingers and thumbs together while keeping the remaining six fingers clenched.

"I can only wake you up with my fists!" Lu Yuan declared. "I believe that soon you will calm down and listen to reason!"

"Spatial turbulence!" he shouted. In an instant, three thick, silver beams of light emerged from the void, forming a connected triangle that blocked Tang Hao's path.

Soon, three more silver beams of light emerged, but this time, they weren't connected. Instead, the three points of the triangle were independently joined and fused together, appearing slow yet fast. The other ends of the beams quickly converged and merged into a single point behind Tang Hao, completely enveloping him in a "triangle" shape.

An imperceptible "wind" blew by. Suddenly, there was an irregular gap in Tang Hao's enormous martial spirit avatar. Although it was swiftly filled by surging spirit power, it was only a temporary defense. The invisible "wind" violently tore through Tang Hao's martial spirit avatar, leaving numerous large and small gaps all over his body. Some Spatial turbulences collided and nullified each other, preventing further damage. Otherwise, Tang Hao's martial spirit avatar would have suffered even more.

"Get out of my way!" Tang Hao shouted, his expression focused. He swung the Clear Sky Hammer directly at the silver light-emitting triangle.

However, Tang Hao, being impulsive, hammered the triangle repeatedly, blow after blow. It was only on the seventeenth strike that ripples appeared on the barrier. The twenty-fourth strike produced cracks, and by the thirty-seventh strike, the six beams of light forming the triangle trembled slightly. When he reached the forty-sixth strike, the six beams emitted a groaning sound of strain.

"The forty-seventh strike!" Tang Hao bellowed, blood reversing up from his lungs, as he hammered the triangle from the inside for the first time. The triangle shattered like glass, scattering fragments of light silver that vanished into the air.

"Wonderful," Lu Yuan applauded, pretending to admire the scene. "Honestly, martial spirits are truly unreasonable. The Clear Sky Hammer's martial spirit possesses exceptional quality. With Tang Hao's enhanced spirit power, it even contains traces of lightning.I can guarantee that it undoubtedly interfered with my control over space. It serves as a reminder that some spirit skills involve a clash of rules."

Lu Yuan pondered the examples of Xiao Wu's invincible golden body, Bibi Dong's Eternal Creation, and Tang Hao's Clear Sky Hammer forcefully breaking through space barriers. They all proved one thing: certain spirit skills entailed the collision of rules. Xiao Wu's golden body, in theory, was immune to any attack below the god level, while Bibi Dong's sixth spirit ability, Eternal Creation, bypassed all physical defenses. 

From another perspective, they were like the ultimate sword and shield. The outcome between them no longer relied solely on the spirit skill itself or the superiority of the rules. Rather, it depended on whose spirit skill contained a greater power of rules when augmented by spirit power. This also explained why Xiao Wu's invincible golden body couldn't withstand Bibi Dong's eternal creation. The annihilation rules overwhelmed the limited defensive rules, making it impossible to resist.

Lu Yuan found this reasoning valid. However, his smile froze on his face soon after. "Boy! What are you holding onto?" The handle of the Clear Sky Hammer was stained red with blood. The colossal martial spirit avatar failed to withstand the spatial turbulence, evident from the deep wounds on Tang Hao's body. Nevertheless, Tang Hao's gaze was sharper than ever.

"Your spirit power is nearly depleted!" Tang Hao stated. "Am I right?" Lu Yuan's smile gradually faded, returning to his expressionless state.

He extended his hand, and a silver light bloomed at his fingertip. "You can try to see if I still possess spirit power."

"I doubt it."

"Then you'll find out when you try."

A lengthy silence followed. Finally, Tang Hao retracted his martial spirit. Frankly, he didn't dare to take the gamble. He had already exerted about 80% of his combat strength, yet he still couldn't crush this kid into a pulp. If he used 100% of his power, Tang Hao didn't know what would happen to this kid. However, after this encounter, he should report back and retreat. 

His injuries from the battle with the Pope of the Spirit Hall hadn't fully healed yet. Attempting to use spirit bone skills or the special skill of the Clear Sky Clan to explode the ring would only hasten his demise. Tang Hao wasn't afraid of death; what he feared was that if his opponent survived his attack, Tang San would undoubtedly face a furious revenge. Could Tang San endure such retaliation? Tang Hao remained silent, though he already had the answer in his heart. Lingering on the edge of life, facing death, wasn't new to him. Before Tang San matured, he, as a father, had been Tang San's strongest support and last resort during crises. This trump card shouldn't be wasted on an immature "genius" like the one before him.

"What if I refuse to step back?" Lu Yuan tensed his nerves, his expression impassive.

"I'll report you to the Spirit Hall and choose to join them directly. Tang San can forget about living the rest of his life in peace. I'll constantly keep an eye on him, exploit his weaknesses, and ultimately kill him."

"Are you not afraid that I'll kill you right now?"

"I'll say it one last time: If i want to leave, but you cannot stay," Lu Yuan flicked his fingers. "Trust me. I have no reason to deceive you about such a trivial matter."

Support me on Patr3on.. Upto 2-3 chapters in advance

https://www.patr3on.com/Chizihn

1