38. Crossroads
106 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the afternoon, and the warm sun shone down. Lu Yuan squinted his eyes while making plans and at the same time, stroked the fur of a certain rabbit. Xiao Wu's was angry but dared not to speak.

"Boss!"

Before he even got close, Ma Hongjun's voice reached Lu Yuan's ears. 

"What's wrong?" Lu Yuan raised his eyebrows, pulled out the chair next to him, motioned for Ma Hongjun to sit down, and speak slowly.

"The dean wants you and sister-in-law to go there. He says he found the 'Master' and he is considering something," Ma Hongjun said.

Xiao Wu raised her delicate eyebrows, stood up angrily, and asked aggressively, "Who's your sister-in-law?"

"Ah?" Ma Hongjun froze for a moment, then turned his head to look at his boss innocently.

Lu Yuan coughed dryly and waved his hand. "Don't listen to her nonsense. Just continue."

After a while, Ma Hongjun hurriedly left. Lu Yuan sat there, nodding thoughtfully. Most of what Ma Hongjun said was nonsense. To simplify, there were only three useful pieces of information. First, Flender seems to have the idea of forming a team. Second, the master arrived at Shrek Academy ahead of schedule for some reason. Third, Tang San is almost ready.

Lu Yuan couldn't help chuckling, "That was fast!" It took more than a day, less than two days, and Tang San's injuries were healed. Although he hasn't fully regained his peak strength, it's only a matter of time! Of course, this is thanks to a healing spirit emperor invited by Yu Xiaogang. Otherwise, given Tang San's injuries at that time, one hundred days would have been the fastest recovery speed.

Xiao Wu tugged at the corner of Lu Yuan's clothes with a pale face. "Tang San is ready, what should I do?"

"Stay calm." Lu Yuan rolled his eyes and replied angrily. He couldn't answer this question because it was asked in a way that he couldn't answer. What could he do when Tang San is ready? The question should be directed to the healing department's Spirit Emperor to find out why Tang San was suddenly healed. Wasn't it supposed to be paid in installments? Moreover, what does Tang San have to do with Xiao Wu, a 100,000-year-old soft bone rabbit?

"No, I can't stay calm! Please help me find a good solution," Xiao Wu pleaded.

"l

Xiao Wu was so anxious that she almost cried. She held onto Lu Yuan's sleeve tightly and refused to let go. Seeing the pitiful Xiao Wu, Lu Yuan sighed, knelt down, and gently patted her forehead.

"I know what you're worried about. But please remember, you belong to me. At least for now, you belong to me."

Xiao Wu nodded dumbfoundedly. Although the whisper from the devil didn't make her happy, it didn't change her fate of repeatedly being chased for her spirit ring and spirit bone. But being surrounded by a stronger demon was obviously much better. 

Especially when this demon is straightforward and doesn't like to lie. Taking a step back, at least the demon can inform her in advance when he is about to take her spirit ring or bone in the future. And as for Tang San and Tang Hao, those two demons... Xiao Wu silently cursed them in her heart a thousand times. 

The old one lied to Auntie Yin, and the young one wanted to lie to her. Are there any siblings, including children, who keep lying to the shape-shifting spirit beasts in the Star Dou Forest? What? Spirit beasts should simply be deceived? Where does this strange logic come from!

"Phew!" A finger hit Xiao Wu's forehead forcefully, causing her to snap out of her contemplation.

"Wake up, it's not time to daydream" Lu Yuan said with a disgusted expression.

Then, he raised his hand to stop Xiao Wu from flailing her fists and claws, hugged her, and walked towards the dean's office.

"Put me down quickly!" Xiao Wu was startled and struggled while waving her fists.

"Why should I put you down?, it's not something to be ashamed of!"

Lu Yuan shook his arm. "I'm asserting my ownership, so don't talk nonsense if you don't understand."

Xiao Wu remained silent. l

"Don't make a fuss. Be careful, if you scream too much, one day Hong Jun's martial spirit will really turn into a turkey, and it will be a great spectacle," Lu Yuan scolded with a smile. Then he gently put down Xiao Wu, who was too shy to raise her head, and allowed Ning Rongrong to assume the position of an old hen protecting her chicks.

"That's a Phoenix, not a Chicken! I'm a Phoenix! I won't degenerate!" Ma Hongjun desperately argued for his martial spirit but was mercilessly dismantled by Oscar.

"Fatty is right, it's a Phoenix. But it's an evil fire Phoenix, hahahaha!" The room instantly erupted in laughter.

Not to mention Zao Wuji and the others, even Flender couldn't help laughing.

Ma Hongjun grabbed Oscar's neck and shook it vigorously, while Oscar begged for mercy.

The spirit master from the auxiliary department was engaged in a fierce struggle with a battle spirit master. He was careful not to make the battle spirit master too anxious and break his "human fighting" stance on the spot. After all, he had no fighting ability. 

"Alright, little monsters, be quiet and listen to me," Flender clapped his hands, and the laughter in the room immediately subsided.

"Today, I brought you little monsters together mainly because it's time to form our Shrek Academy team."

Flender's gaze swept across each of these little monsters with satisfaction.

This is the first time in many years that Shrek Academy has managed to form a team composed solely of geniuses.

The eldest lady of the Seven Treasures Glazed Tile Sect, Ning Rongrong, with her Seven Treasures Glazed Tile Pagoda.

Zhu Zhuqing, The Ghost Civet.

Dai Mubai, The White Tiger.

Oscar, Food-type Spirit master with full spirit power.

Ma Hongjun, Evil Phoenix, his direct disciples.

Xiao Wu, The Soft bone rabbit.

Though he hadn't arrived yet, there was also Tang San with Blue Silver Grass, who was also innately full of spirit power.

And finally, there was the last great monster, Lu Yuan, in the Spirit Sect, with Ultimate Space Element Martial Spirit 

Eight people in total.

First and foremost, they had the required number of team members.

In terms of combat effectiveness, Flender wasn't worried.

After all, during the selection process, they were chosen based on the criteria of genius. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to form a team for so many years.

The only concern was how well the team would cooperate.

However, this group of little monsters had the basic combat power. Even if they didn't adapt well initially, as long as they familiarized themselves with a few standard tactics, they could easily defeat some basic academy teams.

Not to mention, there was still plenty of time before the Spirit Master Competition began.

With the help of his old friend and rival in love, Master, Flender had enough confidence to lead this team to the finals.

Moreover, he still had a great monster as his trump card.

After years of collecting enough cards to satisfy him, Flender once again thought about the Shrek team.

As for the qualifications to participate in the Spirit Master Competition...

Though Shrek Academy didn't meet the requirements yet, Flender believed that there was no problem that couldn't be solved with gold spirit coins. If there weren't, it would only mean that there weren't enough gold spirit coins.

With ample time, he could proceed cautiously. If he still hadn't obtained a certificate recognized by the Spirit Master Academy of Heaven Dou or Star Luo, he could simply leave the world of spirit masters.

If the reviews were too strict, Flender had an alternative plan in mind. Of course, enabling this option meant he would forever forfeit the opportunity to compete for his love. Unless it was absolutely necessary, Flender would never resort to this option.

Support me on Patr3on.. Upto 5 chapters in advance

https://www.patreon.com/Chizihn

1