Chapter 2 : Enrollment Plans
848 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been half a year now since Bob's escaped along with Keith from the Valiant family's estate. Bob was taken in by the Everheart's happily for helping Keith break out, calming down the frantic Protagonist's adopted mother and tomboy sister down. Because of how meticulous the Valiant family covered his track as well as using a high grade Aura suppressing item, not to mention how they also took advantage of the chaos caused by assassins appearing to eliminate Amelia to which Keith stepped in and protected her, getting wounded in the process thus presenting her an opportunity to kidnap him.

After spending the first 2 months of studying and self defense training from the family, Bob is now part of the staff attending the Everheart estate. Keith was still recovering, and it took about 2 and a half more months of proper rest for him to be able use his Aura skills properly but even he was advised not to train his abilities just yet as it would strain his still recovering body. So, he settled for training normally in the form of swinging his sword and basic body improvement exercise to which he would increase the intensity after 1 and a half month's recovery.

"Are you sure about training right away the moment you can wiggle your toes without feeling any pain?" Bob asked the young swordsman who is currently practicing against sparring robot at the highest difficulty, Bob assumed as he is having a hard time keeping up with both of their movements with his mortal eyes as their clash seem like a blur to him. 

"I have to train hard!" Keith narrowly dodged a swipe for the robot's bokken, "I'm already 18 this year too, so i have to be ready for the orientation!" he parried the bot's diagonal upward swing and beheaded his machine sparring partner. 

Of course, the Academy.....where he would meet with the Valiant siblings again and even more crazy yandere girls, he felt sorry for the poor sap. But at the very least it's not him, to which he internally celebrated while also giving future Keith his condolences.

"Unlike you with your naturally big body, i have to train hard and maintain a set diet of--" he was cut off suddenly by Bob. 

"It's not about the size but how you fuck around with it!" he proudly told Keith causing the young man to be flustered when he heard it. 

Bob picked up the sparring robot's head and attached it back on the body, once it clicked the robot gave Bob a thumbs up to which he reciprocated happily. He suddenly felt something coming behind him, turning around in time he managed to barely caught a shorter bokken. Confused but then he saw Keith smirking while leaning on his training sword on the side. The robot took a stance just near him. 

"Sparbot, set the training participant to Bob! Advance Level!" Keith gleefully said as he watches Bob's expression as the pink head began began to caught on what he is doing.

"Why you little.....!" Bob looked at Keith with contempt before running away from the robot that is now chasing him while preparing to strike him with extreme prejudice. 

"Eep!" Bob yelped when he noticed how fast it was coming on to him, the sparring machine swung at him to which he to Keith's utter shock, back-flipped away from the attack. The machine re-adjusted itself quickly and attempted another strike, to which Bob performed a cartwheel to the side dodging its attack again and swung at its side with his shorter bokken.

"Bobby......!?" Keith's jaw dropped at that, it took him months to actually be able to get a hit in with the Advance Level setting. Yet, his older friend with no Aura nor Mana to his knowledge was able to land a hit in, all while doing all those crazy acrobatic moves no less.

The bot began to be more aggressive by moving forward with a series of flurry at Bob, the man in response broke into a break dance to dodge its many attacks while also hitting its legs to weaken its attacks by messing with its posture. When it adjust itself faster than before as its always adapting, the robot swung down at him faster than before, Bob managed to barely dodge it as his shirt was grazed.

Because of the power behind the swing especially by machine no less, it broke the training bokken in half as a result of hitting the solid ground. Bob did not miss the chance to grab the broken piece with his free hand, now dual wielding it along with his bokken, he unleashed a barrage of strikes at the machine, mainly aiming at its arms and legs effectively putting it into a stun lock. All while Keith was flabbergasted witnessing the scene unfold.

"Shut off already! shut off! shut OFF!" Bob desperately begged in the middle of his furious barrage of strikes. As if his prayers was heard, the robot stopped moving and shuts down moments later, Bob was surprised then looked at it for few more moments before falling to his knees and began panting while glaring at Keith. 

"I'll get you back one of these days.....watch your back, pretty boy...!!" he warned Keith, who broke out of his stupor and began to laugh at the now disheveled Bob. 

"You're right Bobby! it's how you use it hahaha!" the teen wiped a single tear from his right eye from laughing. "Where did you learn how to do those moves, man..? i don't think that's from Instructor Coal's training regiment cuz he would also be teaching me some moves like that" he curiously asked.

"Just something i learned a while back....." while recalling the acrobatics and parkour training he did in his previous life as a part time performer, "the combat bit is from the Instructor though, i just adjusted it to suit myself" he casually explained. 

"Young master Keith, and Sir Aikawa" a voice suddenly called out before Keith could ask anymore questions, the looked at the person to see it was a maid. "The mistress requested to see both of you in her office" she informed them.

"Mom wants to see us both? i guess its about the academy, alright thanks for informing us" Keith replied to which the maid nodded before taking her leave but not before getting herself flustered when she saw Bob's exposed abs.

"Must be about your preparation for enrollment, but why am i also being called...?" Bob wondered.

The two cleaned up the training grounds and immediately made their way to her office. Bob of course had to change into a new uniform top because of the damage done to his last one from earlier. 

Bob knocked on the door, waiting for a response from the other side. Keith was more casual while Bob was a bit nervous, of course from his past experience of dealing with a scary (and sometimes pretty....) bosses that could really be a force to be reckoned with when some unfortunate sap is dumb enough to question their authority for the dumbest reasons. 

"Come in" a muffled sultry voice was heard from the other side of the door. 

Clicking open, revealing a beautiful bespectacled woman with medium length maroon hair in a secretary uniform. 

"Master Keith, and Mr. Aikawa" she greeted them. 

"Ms. Phoenix" Keith greeted back with a polite tone while bowing. Bob only greeted her with a bow. 

They were led inside the office to greet the head of the family. 

Kiana Everheart, also known as "Violet Edge" a nickname based of her long violet mane and her unmatched swordsmanship, now retired but she is still a well renowned modern adventurer to this day. She looks more stunning in person in Bob's humbly cultured opinion.

"Boys" she casually greeted, "come and sit down! we have quite a lot to talk about!" she gestured towards the sofas just in front of her desk. Both took a seat while Mrs. Phoenix stood next to Miss Kiana.

"Kid, you've come a long way ever since i picked you up when you were still a hopeless wee lad huh?" Kiana reminisces the past, causing to Keith to blush and a bit upset.

"I was only 6 and i just found out about Aura alright?!" he lost his normal composure as his tone was a flustered one now.

"Pfft!" Bob held in his laugh, though unfortunately it didn't go unnoticed by Keith as well as the two older woman either. He felt all their eyes on him and fake coughed, "i mean, we all start from zero, so what's the problem with wetting your pants.....when you didn't know what was going on.... at the time....pffft!" he failed to maintain his stoic facade and shoved his face into the soft armrest of the sofa to muffle his laugh.

"I didn't wet my pants! why you....!!" Keith protested indignantly. But Bob knew since he read his past from the novel.

Bob was laughing hard as he had the time of his life teasing the Protagonist, but suddenly he felt a weight just beside him and as he looked up while still lightly laughing and wiping a tear off, he was met with Kiana sitting on the other end of his sofa's armrest. He and Keith were surprised as the two didn't notice nor feel any movement from her at all. 

"And you" she leaned on him while putting her arm over his shoulders, "thanks again for saving my hapless kid!" she winked then patted his head. 

"Uhh.......no problem Boss!" Bob smiled happily and threw a thumbs up in response, he was enjoying the unexpected but welcomed skinship with the mature woman, but it was short lived as Ms. Phoenix immediately removed her.

"I believe we should finally talk about Keith's enrollment plans, miss?" Phoenix mentions while furrowing her brows as she placed her back to her previous chair using her telepathic magic to levitate and move her with ease. 

"Alright alright haha, anyway first thing's first then....." Kiana relented, and pointed at Bob. 

"I have decided, that you'll be accompanying the kid to the Academy!" she bluntly and happily told the pinkhead.

".......pardon...?" Bob felt something broke just now.

 

24