Chapter 10 : Settling in
412 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I did what...!?" Yelled Bob, who is currently laying on an infirmary bed without clothes and most of his left side covered in bandages. He was told by Keith who is also in a bed just beside him, looking more tired than injured himself.

"You.....you really don't remember what happened the whole day....?" Keith asked with heavy concern laced on his tone.

Shaking his head, "well, i do remember seeing a really beautiful woman.......oh! and a really cute attendant with a bob cut!" Bob stroked his chin and pondered. Keith wore a deadpan face at that.

"Also.....why am i naked....??" the big male asked while lifting up his blanket. 

"Your clothes was.....in the way they said" Keith informed him while looking away and fake coughed.

Afterwards, once discharged, and Bobby getting a new set of clothes. The two would make their way to the student dorms, where Bob helped Keith carry his luggage before making his way to the attendant quarters.

Settling into the attendants quarters, he was met with by a fellow attendant currently organizing his side of said room. They were in a rather spacious room with two single beds. The attendant hasn't noticed Bob's presence yet as he was busy placing his neatly folded garments and such into the drawer near his bed, and just he was about to hang his spare uniforms into the closet, he saw a big figure towering over him.

"Ah!" startled the smaller male backed up and nearly hit the back of his head to the shelves just behind him, had it not been for Bob quickly stopping him by extending his hand to stop it.

"Sorry 'bout that..... didn't mean to startle you....." Bob smiled apologetically as he easily helped the boy stand up right again by simply lifting him up, causing him to yelp then.

"....Ah, forgive me, i was too focused too....a-and thank you" the fellow attendant frantically fixed his posture into a more polite one.

Just as he was about to bow however, Bob reached out his hand instead. "Bobby Aikawa, you can call me Bob" the big male told him with a warm smile.

Startled for a moment at the gesture, the smaller young man immediately reciprocated with his own smile albeit a nervous one. He shook Bob's hand and was once again surprised at how firm his grip was.

"E-Emil Caster....pleased to meet you, Mr. Aikaw- ah!" he staggered as he was patted on the back by Bob.

"Call me Bob! im not really comfy with all this formal stuff! we're fellow attendants too, treat me as an equal" he told Emil while ruffling his gray locks.

"Ah, uh.....nice to meet you then, Bob!" he sheepishly smiled with a slight blush.

"That's more like it! pleased to meet you too, Em!" Bob chuckled lightly.

The two chatted while unpacking their luggage. 

Apparently, Emil is an Adept Mana User specializing in magic barriers for defensive support to complement the one he is currently attending to. Which contrasts his master, whose name is Elicia Verka, also known as the "Pyro Queen", a young girl who comes from the Verka Family who is known to possess unequal power when it comes to fire magic. 

Bob also unexpectedly shocked Emil on the fact that he is neither an Aura user and Mana User. His questions were all laced with concern for the big male about how he managed.

"Oh, i mostly just use whatever and do whatever comes to mind " Bob non-chalantly answered, oblivious to Emil's pale face.

"B-But, what about the ones that can only be harmed by Aura and Magic......?" Emil concerningly asked him.

"The what......" Bob suddenly stiffen when he heard that. 

"Though to be fair.......those types of monsters are quite rare, and the lesser ones can still be dealt with enchanted weapons and the like.....uhm, Bobby...??" Emil noticed Bob's anxious face and shaky smile, his foot tapping repeatedly with no sense of rhythm.

Bob stood up and placed his hand on Emil's shoulder, "......i just remembered something to do, let's chat a bit more.....later..." he said before rushing out of the room, leaving the smaller male with a worried expression.

Walking on the quiet hallways, the pink haired male bit his nail while ruffling his own hair as he made his way to the library. 

"Fuck..!! i should've read up about this world much sooner! i got too comfy the moment im out of danger...!" he said under his breath, berating his lack of initiative for precaution. Once he reached the library, he felt more anxious when he sees the sign that it is currently closed.

"Uugh.....!!" he felt like crying, he is the type of person who would like to find things as soon as he can so that he could at least prepare himself against the odds as much as he could.

Then suddenly the door to the library opened, and as he turn to look he locked eyes with a woman. Wearing a dark blue robe with the hood up, long strands of white hair sticking out and covering her face, but what got Bob's attention was her pink jewel-like eyes.

"Sorry, but the library is currently closed at the moment" the hooded woman politely informed him with a bow.

"I see...... thank you, and excuse me...." Bob dejectedly replied and turned around.

"Oh? are you looking for a particular book?" the woman suddenly appeared in front of him, startling him.

"Gah....!" Bob took a step back, then looked behind him, and saw her still standing in front of the door, "Huh....? but then who....." he looked back in front of him. She is also still there standing, now wearing an amused expression as her smile is noticeable from the obscuring strands of hair covering her face.

She snapped her fingers, the woman standing by the door suddenly poof into dust particles. Bob's eyes widened, and walked towards the spot where she disappeared.

"Woah...!" he hesitantly raised his hand to touch the area around it with an astonished expression. "How did......" he said under his breath while examining his hand and the spot.

The woman chuckled softly at Bob's child-like bewilderment and curiosity, ".....It's just simple illusion Magic, really" she told him, then removing her hood.

"Even so...! it's really........" his voice trailed off and faded the moment he finally sees her with the hood down. "Uuuuuuh.....ehem, its really, magnificent....." he drawled out at the end, mesmerized by how beautiful she is. But the next instance, he shook off from said state and stood up right with a more serious face. Though she is beautiful, he reminds himself not to make the same mistake like he did with Amy and Amelia..... though he did not know the exact problem for that case..... nevertheless, he would act more cautious going ahead.

"Hee.....library's closed huh?" a girl spoke, somehow Bob felt familiar with said voice. 

"Yes, sorry for the inconvinience.... there are some organizing need to be done, but it will be opened next week" the woman told her.

"I understand.....well then i'll-.....Hey!" the newcomer suddenly raised her voice, causing Bob to finally turn his head and look at her.

"Booby!" Shino pointed at him, ".....i mean, Bob! fancy meeting you here!" she patted his shoulder while chuckling.

"Uh.....do i, know you....?" Bob awkwardly asked her, causing her to freeze.

'Whoops......i guess that needle actually got to him.....' Shino thought while still keeping her friendly face on. Then used 'Insight' to see his current status. 

Surprisingly, it seems like Bob would regain his memory back soon.

[Partial Amnesia : 4h 13m] her System informed her of his condition.

Most likely because the majority of the dosage went mostly with Amy, while Bob only had of what little is left of the Memory Breaker.

"Don't you remember me!? we became friends after the orientation!" she continued her interaction with him.

"Hmm... have we though....huh? where'd that lady go...??" Bob took a wary glance beside himself where the beautiful robed woman stood only to find her gone. As if she wasn't there anymore.

"Oh don't worry about that, she does that all the time" Shino waved off his wary curiousity.

"Huh.....maybe should turn in soon for today" Bob genuinely wondered, since according Keith. During the final phases of the orientation, he suddenly collapsed and is outcold, the staffs were nearby luckily and brought him in the infirmary. From there he felt his mind was in a haze.

"....But first, can you.....tell me what happened...." Bob reluctantly asked Shino, and they re-introduced themselves to each other, then Shino began to explain as well as apologizing by being straight with him that she is indirectly responsible for his current amnesiac episode. 

"......Uhh, wow....what a day huh......." Bob felt a bit overwhelmed by the events that had transpired today. "So..... should i expect my head to hurt or something when it comes back...?" he asked her with a bit of concern. 

"I......have no idea to be honest...." Shino shrugged casually, and patted his back sympathethically. The two were sitting down on one of the tables in the attendant lounge.

Bob could only look at her with a dead pan expression, and he could feel his anxiety rising up again. "Am i ever gonna catch a break......" Bob sighed out while Shino could only apoligize again and tried to console him as best she could.

The whole time they interacted, Shino used 'Insight' on him. And suffice to say, it was strange....

[Unique Trait : Revenant Killer] the System revealed to her.

 

Sorry for not being active for a long while, got sick pretty badly......no thanks to everyone not wearing masks anymore in the office. Gonna take it easy for a bit so the next chap might still be a while too.

You guys also take care and thanks as always for reading.

 

 

11