009: Craft
10 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the rain had ceased, I had gathered the necessary materials for crafting my weapons and armor, meticulously weaving and stitching them together with my flexible Merecritt ears.

I focused on each step, determined not to be too distracted by the Doervus's curiosity.

"What is this sorcery?" It commented at one point.

"How did that appear?!" It exclaimed at another.

"Why does that look like a Tropiruth?" The Doervus pointed its hooved foot toward my makeshift cloak.

I sighed, acknowledging that the Doervus was just as intrigued by the crafting process as I was.

Fascinatingly enough, while observing me intently, the eldritch deer still managed to offer helpful suggestions whenever possible. It even stood guard, fending off potential threats and assisting in the search for additional materials.

At some point we needed to leave our base once again as I ran out of materials.

 

G.A.I.A. Activated!

— Eldriyssal Detected!

— Species: Dimetfern

— Sub-Name: "Fin Fern"

— Rank: F

— Classification: Common

 

During our journey, we came across an Eldriyssal that resembled a Dimetrodon. Its vibrant frond fluttered gently in the warm breeze as it surveyed its surroundings, cleverly camouflaging itself amidst the rainforest's foliage.

The air hung heavy with humidity, and the dense foliage provided us ample cover from its sight. I observed the Eldriyssal, with the Doervus kneeling beside me.

Its head jolted, seeming to have detected a disturbance in the air. Us? I thought at first. Suddenly…

 

G.A.I.A. Activated!

— Eldriyssal Detected!

— Species: Ghoumi

— Sub-Name: "Ghoul Slime"

— Rank: F

— Classification: Common

 

A chilling shiver crept down my spine as the Ghoumi emerged from beneath the undergrowth, its amorphous form oozing forward with an eerie luminescence. Why? I wasn't sure, but as soon as it appeared, the climate suddenly felt colder.

Sensing the presence of the Ghoumi, the Dimetfern sprang into action, launching itself into the air, somersaulting through the winds.

With remarkable swiftness and a twirl, it released razor-edged projectiles toward the Ghoumi, spinning and streaking through the air like boomerangs.

 

SKILL LEVEL UP:
[G.A.I.A. (Lv 1)] → has leveled up to [G.A.I.A. (Lv 2)]

 

The Ghoumi, reacting in response to the Dimetfern's assault, contorted its gelatinous form, narrowly avoiding the razor-sharp air-blades. Yet, some of the rotating blades curved back and pierced into its amorphous body.

Although torn by the Dimetfern's attack, the Ghoumi remolded, mending itself, and retaliated, firing globs of corrosive slime towards the Dimetfern.

Realizing that it was best to leave before getting caught in this confrontation, I nudged the Doervus's head with my tail.

With a swift departure, the rainforest echoed behind us as the Dimetfern continued to clash—a battle of wind and spectral mist.

Subverting my concentration from the two Eldriyssal’s in battle, I contemplated back to the message that occurred during their battle:

 

SKILL LEVEL UP:
[G.A.I.A. (Lv 1)] → has leveled up to [G.A.I.A. (Lv 2)]

 

'G.A.I.A.' I thought, 'It leveled up.' I wondered what a level difference was going to make, well, I was going to find out sooner or later.

Returning to our temporary base—a natural recess formed by twisted tree roots and moss-covered rocks.

I returned to the site with the gathered materials, I wanted to finish something during this day—while the three suns were up. I dumped the collected materials out of the makeshift bag that I made during my first run of gathering armor material. Twigs, branches, and other bizarre things fell out of it.

"…Grissle Bark, Tollok Roots, RevooJut Ferns, and Cewio Sticks…" I muttered as I examined my collection.

The Doervus circled around me, nodding in confirmation, it was the Doervus's knowledge and insight which allowed me to discover these materials.

With its keen eye, it recognized what was useless, what worked well, what to avoid, and even knew the locations of the materials I required. Having such a capable companion by my side was a true blessing, and I felt genuinely grateful for its assistance.

I activated the G.A.I.A. to ensure that I had such things documented, a sharp pain shot through my head as I did so, but it was not as severe as the pangs when I first arrived here. Maybe the level up had helped reduce it?

 

G.A.I.A. Activated!

— What do you seek to do?

 

'Can you document the crafting progress and the materials I use?' I internally asked.

 

— Documenting Crafting Progress and Materials Used.

 

As I continued with the crafting process, the G.A.I.A. faithfully documented each step I took and recorded the materials I used. It provided a detailed account of the weaving and stitching techniques I employed, capturing the intricate details of my work. With its assistance, I could review and analyze my progress later, ensuring that I could replicate the process if needed or make improvements in the future.

While the G.A.I.A. documented, I couldn't help but marvel at the unique abilities of the Merecritt form I now inhabited. My stretchable pair of ears proved to be incredibly versatile, allowing me to manipulate and shape various materials with precision.

Oh, and as an added bonus, the soft and fluffy fur of the Merecritt form provided a gentle touch, guaranteeing that the crafted items would not only be sturdy but also aesthetically pleasing.

I worked diligently, finding satisfaction as my creations gradually took shape. It was a slow and meticulous process, but with the guidance of the Doervus, I successfully crafted a set of armor and a cloak using carefully woven vines and leaves. The armor, made from the smooth bark of a tree, snugly fit my small frame and offered some protection against potential attacks. On the other hand, the cloak provided camouflage, allowing me to blend into the surroundings and stay hidden from any lurking dangers.

"Off to a good start," I murmured, closely examining the newly crafted cloak and armor. However, something felt off. Would this be enough to keep me safe? I pondered. It dawned on me that I needed specific plants and materials unique to the eldritch world of Zeldritch. Seeking guidance, I turned to G.A.I.A. for help in identifying and documenting these peculiar flora, activating it once again.

"Hey, G.A.I.A., do you have any information on the plants native to Zeldritch? I need to know what I should be looking for," I inquired, focusing my attention on gathering the required materials.

 

— Searching for information on native plants of Zeldritch.

 

After a brief moment, the G.A.I.A. responded.

 

— "I have discovered records of several plants commonly found in Zeldritch. They possess distinct properties that may prove useful for your crafting endeavors."

 

G.A.I.A. displayed images of the plants, accompanied by detailed descriptions and potential applications.

 

Plant Name: Mistvine

Description: a plant with its structure veiled in a shroud of mist-like vapors appearing as if it is perpetually enshrouded in a mysterious fog. This unique characteristic grants the Mistvine its name and contributes to its allure of secrecy and concealing properties.

 

Plant Name: Shimmering Acapoder

Description: a plant which boasts luminescent petals that emit a glistening, soft glow, casting a gentle radiance in its surroundings. Its petals possess unique properties that amplify and enhance items with their abyssal energies.

 

Plant Name: Dewleaf

Description: a plant with an appearance that may seem haunting, yet the Dewleaf harbors no malevolence. Instead, it serves as a catalyst for magic, energies, and enchantment. The moisture-laden leaves of this plant possess a remarkable affinity for absorbing and channeling mystical energies.

 

I mentally took notes, absorbing the information and memorizing the appearances of the plants. The influx of images and knowledge from G.A.I.A. did make me a bit dizzy, but I managed to internalize it all.

"Alright, let's start with the Shimmering Acapoder. It has luminescent petals that emit a soft glow, making it an excellent material for enchanting the armor and cloak," I stated, plucking several Acapoder flowers from nearby bushes and placing them tenderly within my makeshift bag.

The Doervus proceeded to sniff the plants before turning to address me, "The properties of these plants are highly sought after by many of the creatures in this rainforest. We should be careful not to attract any unwanted attention." It nodded its head, and I could sense its caution.

I acknowledged the Doervus's warning and carefully continued to gather the required materials. As we progressed deeper into the rainforest, I noticed a change in the environment. The flora became denser, and the air grew thick with moisture. The ground became softer and damp, and I could feel my feet sinking into the mud.

I decided it was best to ride on the Doervus's back for now…

As we navigated through the thick vegetation, we encountered some creatures native to this world. Some were harmless, but others posed a significant threat. We spotted a group of miniature amphibious creatures with iridescent scales, hopping from one mushroom to another.

 

G.A.I.A. Activated!

— Eldriyssals Detected!

— Species: Humidandu

— Sub-Name: "Mush Hopper"

— Rank: F

— Classification: Common

— Type: PREDA-PREY

CAUTION ADVISED

 

Noting the presence of the Humidandu, I instinctively crouched low, motioning for the Doervus to do the same. The small amphibious creatures seemed harmless enough, but I had learned not to underestimate any being in this eldritch realm.

With caution, I observed their behavior, noticing how they hopped agilely from one luminescent mushroom to another, their scales shimmering in the dappled light. Despite their seemingly harmless appearance, the G.A.I.A.'s analysis reminded me to stay vigilant. Their numbers and ability to move swiftly through the environment aided in the conclusion that caution was absolutely necessary. I shuddered thinking back to the skirmish against the Barbapt. Ruthless little imps.

"Stay alert, Doervus," I whispered, gripping its antlers tightly as we moved past the Mush Hoppers. "We don't want to draw unnecessary attention or get caught off guard. Also, Doervus, what do you know about the Mush Hoppers?" I continued, keeping my voice low to avoid startling them.

The Doervus carefully stepped forward and replied, "The Mush Hoppers are common creatures in these rainforests. They are generally docile, but they have a peculiar habit of consuming specific plants that grow here." It glanced back to the little amphibians. "They are drawn to plants with high moisture content, such as the Dewleaf and Mistvine."

Listening intently, I made mental notes of the information. The presence of Mush Hoppers meant that the plants they fed on were likely nearby. With that being the case, I needed to be cautious while gathering the necessary materials, ensuring I didn't disturb the delicate balance of the rainforest ecosystem and its inhabitants.

With the Doervus, we continued our search, keeping an eye out for the distinct plants mentioned by the G.A.I.A.

I soon spotted a cluster of Dewleaf plants, their delicate turquoise leaves sparkling with droplets of moisture. Each spongy leaf seemed to emit a ghastly glow, casting an ethereal ambiance in its immediate surroundings.

Approaching the Dewleaf plants carefully, I began collecting their leaves, taking care not to damage their fragile structures. While doing so, The Doervus stood guard, its electric antlers crackling with energy as a deterrent to any potential threats that might be attracted by our activities.

After successfully gathering enough Dewleaf leaves, we pressed on, following the faint trail of a soft mist that permeated the air. The mist led us to a large vine, its surface covered in tiny droplets that sparkled like morning dew. This was the Mistvine—the next crucial component for my crafting endeavors.

The Mistvine, known for its umbrous properties, held the ability to provide a subtle cloaking effect when incorporated into clothing or accessories. As I carefully extracted portions of the Mistvine, I could feel a cool mist clinging to my fingertips, heightening my senses and leaving a faint scent of damp earth in the air.

With the Dewleaf leaves and Mistvine in my possession, I marveled at the array of materials gathered. Each plant held its unique allure, embodying the mystique of Zeldritch itself.

"Great find, Aera," the Doervus commended, its eyes sparkling with approval. "These plants will undoubtedly enhance your crafting abilities, granting you an edge in the UvoSath."

Expressing my gratitude, I thanked the Doervus. "Wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for your support." I grinned.

As we ventured further, we stumbled upon a patch of luminescent ferns. Their fronds emitted a soft, pulsating glow, casting an eerie light on the surrounding area. The G.A.I.A. recognized them as Glowlif Ferns, known for their bioluminescent properties.

"These Glowlif Ferns could serve as a valuable resource," I murmured, plucking several fronds, and carefully storing them. "Their luminous glow could potentially be utilized in future enchantments or even as a light source during nighttime."

Moving on, we encountered a cluster of thorny vines that snaked around the trees. The G.A.I.A. identified them as Veilvine, a plant with defensive capabilities. The thorns of Veilvine possessed a venomous toxin that could immobilize or weaken attackers by disrupting the very frequency of their abyssal mana.

"The Veilvine's thorns could be useful for crafting offensive weapons," I mused, cautiously extracting a few thorny tendrils. "With proper treatment and refinement, they might provide an extra edge in combat situations. But I will have to keep in mind that the thorns might not be effective at all against some of the Eldriyssals, so can't be too dependent on them.."

The Doervus hearing me, nodded in agreement as we proceeded on with our material gathering.

Unexpectedly, I felt the ground tremble beneath our feet, a low rumbling that gradually grew louder and more intense. Suddenly, the earth’s soil split apart, a gaping fissure that widened with each passing second.

 

G.A.I.A. Activated!

— Eldriyssals Detected!

— Species: Ravilash

— Sub-Name: "Vile Vines"

— Rank: F

— Classification: Common

— Type: PREDATOR

— DANGER ⚠️ DETECTED 

— DANGER ⚠️ DETECTED

 

Out of the chasm erupted the nauseating mass, their twisted forms writhing and contorting as the assemblage of Ravilashes burst forth from the depths. Their vines and tendrils spilled out from the earth, revealing the dreadful pack of predatory beasts that snaked and lashed out in all directions—heading straight for us.

1