Chapter 23: In the City
6k 19 277
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two groups of people could be seen outside the city in a large clearing. Both the groups were staring up at the majestic and beautiful purple-coloured Immortal Ship floating down.

“Senior Brother Lu, is that the Purple Spirit Sect’s Immortal Ship?” A cute Junior Sister asked, her eyes filled with admiration as she looked at the Senior Brother Lu’s handsome profile and long fluttering hair.

“Yes, Junior Sister Zi, it is.” The Senior Brother surnamed Lu smiled warmly, “Get ready to welcome them.”

He then turned to the 30-something disciples behind him and spoke out loud, “Remember, be on your best behaviour! No matter what, you cannot offend the disciples of the Purple Spirit Sect! If anyone does, I will personally punish you!”

His tone was filled with warning as he looked at his Junior Brothers and Sisters. The disciples behind nodded firmly to show their agreement.

“Senior Brother, we are also disciples of the Disaster Realm, why must we show so much respect to these people who have the same cultivation as us?” Junior Sister Zi frowned in displeasure.

The young man surnamed Lu shook his head lightly, his eyes had a faraway look in them, “They might have the same cultivation level, but their battle power is far beyond your imagination. As members of a Super Sect, every single one of them is a genius among geniuses. And every single one has cultivated the most suitable Techniques for them. Moreover, every Technique is of a high Rank!

“Even I, as a Wind-Thunder Disaster level cultivator, might not necessarily be able to defeat a Mission Vice Leader at the Yang Disaster.” He explained.

“Hmph!” Junior Sister Zi snorted, “I don’t believe anyone from the Purple Spirit Sect can defeat you, Senior Brother! You have attained the Pinnacle of Sabre Intent and only are a step away from condensing a Sabre domain - such a talent is not any cabbage that can be randomly found.”

“Junior Sister, please just listen to my words…” he tried his best to coax her.

Senior Brother Lu felt helpless, this vehement Junior Sister had been under the shelter of her Grandpa since she was little, causing her to know too little about the world! She really believed their Tranquil Jade Sect to be the most powerful sect in the World! ‘Ah, Heavens, what wrongs have I committed for you to burden me with this child!’ The Senior Brother looked up at the sky, his heart full of distress.

On the other side of the Tranquil Jade Holy Land, there was another group of cultivators standing together, led by a beautiful woman in her twenties. Her jet-black hair fell to her hips like a waterfall of ink, contrasting her bright purple eyes that shone with mystical elegance. Her face was as cold as the middle of winter, with nary a twitch.

She was Bing Xue, the Senior Sister of the bunch of disciples who stood behind her, some of whom were glancing at her in admiration.

‘... I truly pity the Tranquil Jade Holy Land’s Mission Leader…’ Bing Xue felt pity towards him as a member of a fellow subordinate Sect, the Purple River Valley. As a cultivator of the Wind-Thunder Disaster level, she was very attuned to sound - which was essentially a vibration of the air.

While the Purple Spirit Sect was quite nice towards their subordinate sects, they did not like it when their authority or strength was questioned. Of course, the entire Purple Spirit Sect would not move just because of one ignorant girl. But, they would definitely be ostracised during the Trial. 

The Alchemists, whom they would rely on to make them the Yuan Essence Pills, would also ostracise them. This would result in them coming to this Trial for nothing. Even if they’d brought their own Alchemists, they would not be able to match the ones from the Purple Spirit Sect.

***

Soon, the Purple Spirit Sect’s ship landed and the Array Formations around it dimmed and then disappeared.

Then, with Bai Hao, Qiao Xuan and Jun Meiling - the other Mission Leader - at the lead, a large number of disciples poured out. At a glance, there were more than 120 disciples who came along

Bai Hao, at the lead, walked out confidently. Upon seeing the disciple surnamed Lu from Tranquil Jade Holy Land, a huge smile formed on his face. He swaggered over to him, laughing boisterously, “Haha! It’s you, Little Brother Ziming!”

Senior Brother Lu, who initially had a polite smile on his face, suddenly looked like he’d swallowed a fly.

‘Dammit! Why is it this fellow?! Aghh!!!’ he was now convinced the Heavens were punishing him for some unpardonable sin he’d committed! 

“Little Brother Lu, Do you want to spar again?! Let’s see if you’ve improved in the past five years!” Bai Hao’s smirk almost split his face as he vigorously patted Lu Ziming’s shoulders, almost cracking the ground below him.

“Ah hahaha… Now is not a good time, E-Elder Brother Hao,” Lu Ziming spoke awkwardly, the ‘smile’ on his face looked more like a grimace when he pronounced ‘Elder Brother’. 

‘Fuck you! Fuck your sparring! Fuck your improvement! Fuck everything! I should never have accepted your challenge back then!

‘Also, why the fuck is your body so strong?! Are you sure you aren’t from the Adamantine Fist Sect instead?!

‘Or are you intentionally boosting your strength using Zhenqi?!’ Knowing this fellow, Lu Ziming half-suspected that he did!

“Ah, you look as dazzling as ever, Sister Xue.” Ignoring the resentful Lu Ziming, Bai Hao gave her a warm and gentle smile, completely different from how he treated Lu Ziming.

“You look as dashing as ever, Brother Hao,” Bing Xue’s cold face had been replaced with the face of a young girl in love.

Xiao Hong had been watching all this with a vacant look on her face.

Her jealousy of Bai Hao had now split the Void, separated Heaven and Earth and created a whole new world! Even Pangu would salute her -  Forming a world through sheer jealousy! Damn!

Even though harems were quite common in this world, this was way too fucking easy, alright?! This Bai Hao really played life on easy mode!

She even suspected him of being some sort of protagonist. Maybe those ‘Transmigrated-into-a-Young-Master’ kind!

Taking a deep breath, she calmed herself down - she might really explode from jealousy otherwise. 

Nangong Wan, who was also blazing with jealousy, turned to Xiao Hong and saw her taking deep breaths looking their way. She immediately misunderstood, ‘As expected! This woman is also after Senior Brother Hao!

'Hmm, maybe we can cooperate and break off the engagement between that Ice-Hussy and Senior Brother…?’ She fell deep into her thoughts.

Under Bai Hao’s lead, the disciples of each Sect mingled harmoniously, without any disputes. Bai Hao had given the disciples of the Purple Spirit Sect a lecture, telling them not to be arrogant and stuff. His friendly behaviour towards Mission Leaders of the other Sect coupled with his incredible prestige as the Strongest Disciple of the Outer Sect, the disciples of the Purple Spirit Sect were rather courteous to the disciples of their subordinate Sects.

***

On reaching the City, Xiao Hong noticed the City Gates were wide open and a large number of cultivators had come. The City Lord, a peak Celestial Bridge expert, had also come out to greet them. Upon noticing them, he cupped his fists and laughed, “Haha, friends of the Purple Spirit Sect, welcome! Welcome to my Bi Xin City!

“It is the City’s great luck to welcome the members of the Purple Spirit Sect, the Tranquil Jade Holy Land and the Purple River Valley!”

Bai Hao replied politely, “You are too polite, City Lord. We members of the Outer Sect aren’t worthy of such high praise!”

Then the City Lord displayed his powerful bootlicking capabilities, making Bai Hao smile widely.

***

“I have already prepared lodgings for you all. Please follow me.” the City Lord spoke with a smile on his face.

He brought them to a humongous Palace that was bigger than any Xiao Hong had seen in her previous life. 

They could not stay in the City Lord’s Mansion since there simply wasn’t enough space for close to 300 disciples that came along, including the subordinate Setcts. Two hundred of these would actually participate, while the rest came to make the former’s life more convenient - acting like Servant Disciples.

Moreover, even if he managed to house so many disciples there were still the Mystic Sky Sect and the Adamantine Fist Sect. He would offend them if housed the disciples of the Purple Spirit Sect in the City Lord’s but not the others.

Bi Xin City was smack in the middle of the area where the three Super Sects’ territories converged. So the City Lord couldn’t afford to offend any of them.

After thanking the City Lord and a lot of pleasantries, the disciples were left alone in the Palace. 

Bai Hao turned to the disciples, “Now, in about a week, the Secret Realm’s Space will tune with the Space of the Main World. That is when the Fusion Realm Inner Disciple will make a move to open the entrance to the Secret Realm.

“Remember, once you enter, broadcast a signal from the token you were given. As soon as possible. This way, we can minimise the losses.

“Especially the Alchemists.”

He looked at the small group of 16 Alchemists (8 more from the subordinate Sects).

“You guys are the most important assets on this mission. Even though this isn’t an official competition, you might as well assume that. The other Sects won’t let go of an opportunity to end you. Even if it wasn’t for the competition, the other Sects would be happy to reduce the number of talented people of the opposing Sects.”

He looked at them one by one, his gaze lingering on Xiao Hong for a split second longer, which was immediately picked up on by Bing Xue and Nangong Wan, judging by their intense dagger-like gazes that almost bored a hole in her.

Xiao Hong’s eyes couldn’t help twitch, she didn’t know whether to feel jealous or frustrated anymore. So, she just looked up at the sky - well, the ceiling - and cursed inwardly, ‘He’s only looking at me because of my weak cultivation, dammit! Why are your gazes so sharp?! Even your beloved Brother Hao’s Sword Intent ain't that sharp!!’

Bai Hao’s gaze had already moved on and he instructed all the disciples. He looked at Lu Ziming, “Did the disciples of the other Sects arrive yet?”

Lu Ziming nodded, “The Mystic Sky Sect has already arrived. And the Adamantine Fist Sect should arrive within the next few days as well.”

“Good. I’ve been itching to spar with Lin Ming! I heard he is the first disciple in a hundred years to achieve the Perfection of Steel Fist at the Life Transformation Realm! I really want to see if the so-called Life Transformation of the Martial Path is equivalent to our Disaster Realm!” A powerful battle intent surged in Bai Hao’s eyes - as a Cultivator of the Immortal Path, he firmly believed it was the strongest!

On the other side, Bing Xue and Nangong Wan finally took their attention off Xiao Hong and looked at Bai Hao with flushed faces. Xiao Hong could’ve sworn there were hearts in their eyes!

After a few more instructions, Bai Hao paused for a while before speaking, “Ah yes, by the way, I heard there is a pretty decent Cultivator’s Market that will open in a few days. You guys can go check it out, you might find something interesting.” Bai Hao spoke, smiling at the disciples. “You guys can go have fun.”

***

Bai Heng looked at a letter in his hands, his lips pressed together in a grimace. Just when they’d arrived, he received a letter from the Mystic Sky Sect’s Inner Disciple. A letter that mentioned his plight and how Yuan Feng could help him.

‘Yuan Feng… What do you want?’ Bai Heng frowned deeply. He knew there was something wrong with the whole thing, but he simply could not tell what it was.

‘It’s impossible for him to harm me unless he wants to court death,’ Bai Heng’s frown relaxed. 

‘Let’s go see what he has to offer.’

277