Chapter 57: Power of a True Demon
5.2k 18 208
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon hearing the mocking voice, Fang Jin’s expression darkened and he decided to immediately kill a few of these ants to show them their place! The constant suppression the Demon Beast Haven Realm forced on him had frayed his nerves. No matter what he did, his cultivation just did not increase - in fact, he even felt his Cultivation, which was closing in on Soul Palace Stage, start to decline. If he had not been trying his hardest to keep his Cultivation level, he would have fallen back to the stage when he’d just reached he’d just undergone Nirvana. Actually, he had even felt a slight decline in his cultivation as he was unable to completely recover the decrease.

So today, when he finally had the chance to vent, he wanted to torture these puny ants until they broke in Spirit and Body!

The disciples of the Purple Spirit Sect watched as Fang Jin’s expression darkened as though he’d face-planted into a swamp. The aura around him blazed with a ferocious intensity, so much so that even his allies felt uncomfortable.

Fang Jin raised his arm and casually pushed his palm down on the Formation. He did not use any Battle Technique or Spell Art - he simply used his Demonic Qi. 

A massive, crimson palm appeared out of thin air, before smashing down on the Formation with a horrendous force!

BOOOOM!

The giant palm dug into the Formation Barrier, warping it. The collision generated a tremendous shockwave that blasted outwards, causing the trees in a wide area to be ripped out of the earth and shredded into tiny splinters. The Earth below shook and cracked like an earthquake had occurred!

The disciples watched on in sheer terror as the gigantic palm pressed down on the Formation Barrier, causing it to warp more and more, like a balloon!

Violent ripples coursed through the dark green barrier, making it seem as though it would break at any moment.

The Formation glowed brighter and brighter, as though it were drawing more and more power, trying to stop the attack.

‘Hm?’ Fang Jin raised his eyebrows as he saw his Demonic Qi Palm slowly losing strength as it clashed with the Formation. He felt as though something seemed off, as though his attack was weaker than what he expected. ‘It was almost as if… the Formation redirected force elsewhere?’

He narrowed his eyes and stared at the Formation as his Demonic Qi Palm dissipated as it lost its energy. ‘A pseudo-Grade 3 Formation? But using its ability to divert attacks, it can increase its defensive ability greatly.

‘Heh! So what? It is merely a trick if it doesn’t reach the level of a Grade 3 Formation.’ Despite the Formation being somewhat ingenious, it did not have the defensive power of a Grade Formation. He, thus, did not think much of this Formation at all.

After all, without a Grade 3 Formation, all it could do was buy themselves some more time. But how much time could they buy themselves? A few hours? A day? That was not nearly enough. He had months.

Meanwhile, the disciple inside the Formation Barrier felt the same. The Formation had been pushed to such a degree with just one attack! Fang Jin would not give up just because one attack failed.

Moreover, this was merely a casual attack. It wasn’t even a Spell Art or a Battle Technique. Yet it had driven the Formation to the point that it almost gave in!

Thus, they felt an overwhelming sense of fear rising within their hearts. 

Fang Jin smirked as he looked down at the disciples, “Heh, you really want to depend on this Formation? I’ll admit it is slightly clever, but it is nothing against the might of a True Demon!

“Just admit defeat and surrender yourselves, I’ll let your deaths be less painful, that way.

“If you perform well enough and capture the people I want, I’ll even spare your life and let you join the glorious Demonic Alliance! With this Realm’s restrictions, I can’t even cultivate, so it would be useless even if I devoured everyone here. After that, I can swear on my Dao Heart to not harm you.”

Yet again, the disciples started to waver, especially the ones who had come along with Bai Hao. Even if they had heard of Xiao Hong’s stunning achievements, they did not have confidence in her skills since they had never witnessed them for themselves.

Moreover, the Nirvana Stage was completely different from the 8th Disaster. Just this casual attack was something the strongest among the 8th Disasters could not achieve!

And the fact was that the Formation was strained to the point it almost broke with merely a casual attack!

So, they truly felt they were doomed.

Some of them even levelled their grim stares at Xiao Hong. Fang Jin hadn’t told them who the three people he wanted were, but they were sure Xiao Hong was among them. After all, she definitely was one of the people who had contributed the most to spoiling the Demons’ plans.

“{Junior Sister, are you sure the Formation can hold on?}” Jun Meiling’s qi transmission reached Xiao Hong, her voice quivering. She was really afraid that the Formation would collapse at any given moment.

“{Yes. Just believe in me.}” Xiao Hong replied back with confidence. A confidence she was really starting to feel now.

She barely managed to suppress a quirk in the corner of her mouth as she stared at Fang Jin.

‘Haha. What a dumbass. Had he used his full strength right from the start, I might have to sacrifice a lot more Artefacts and things might be a lot more uncertain and the duration of the Formation would be a lot shorter.’ Xiao Hong chuckled inwardly while trying her best to keep a scared expression on her face - which wasn’t really hard since the True Demon’s power was overwhelmingly powerful. ‘But, with this casual opening attack, he’s just helping me!

And as if the Heavens had finally decided to take pity on her and help her, Fang Jin condensed a huge Demonic Claw and tore at the Formation.

Black Rank Battle Techniques: Crimson Demon Claw!

With a horrendous screeching noise the Demonic Claw scratched at the Formation Barrier, once again causing it to ripple and shudder and ripple violently, looking as though it would collapse. Yet, it still held on and the Demonic Claw dissipated without being able to break through it.

‘Huh?’ Fang Jin frowned, he felt more resistance from the Formation than before and redirected even more of his strength than before. But he did not think much of it and attacked once again, this time pouring a much greater quantity of Demonic Qi and using a much stronger Battle Technique.

Yet, the result remained the same. Every time, it looked like it was on the verge of collapse yet it miraculously held on.

Fang Jin attacked over and over using more Qi and stronger Battle Techniques, but still remained unable to actually break past the Formation barrier.

Just as Fang Jin was about to attack once again, the young man spoke up, his voice gentle and soft, “True Demon Fang, wait a moment.”

“Hmm?” Fang Jin paused, before he, rather respectfully, queried, “What is it, Sir Xue?”

The young man named Xue just smiled gently and looked at the Formation down below with great curiosity. “This Formation is not as simple as it looks on the surface. It is quite ingenious.”

“Huh? It is just a pseudo-Grade 3 Formation that can redirect some of the force, nothing too special. I’m sure Sir Xue that, with your talent, you could do it without a problem!” Fang Jin just shook his head. 

Despite being at a higher Cultivation than him, he talked respectfully, showing the young man’s extraordinary status.

The young man just chuckled merrily, “I’m afraid the Formation is not as simple as that!”

Before Fang Jin could ask, the young man continued, “Where do you think all the force that is being diverted is going?”

“... To the ground? Seeing as it is connected to it?” Mo Qingzhu spoke up, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

“Right, you are, Miss Qingzhu!” The young man gave her a thumbs up.

“Then should the Earth not be more damaged? Even if Sir Fang’s attacks weren’t directed at the Earth and the damage to it is far too little.” The young man spoke loudly, “A large portion of the damage is being redirected to the Earth, yet it does not seem to actually do much damage to it!

“Then where does all the force go?” Mo Qinzhu asked curiously.

“Hehe, if I’m wrong, the force still goes to the Earth, but… all the force is used to excavate more power from the Earth Element.” His pair of green eyes fixed themselves on Xiao Hong, twinkling playfully. “Isn’t that right, Miss Formation Master?

Xiao Hong was stunned. Before a curse left her mouth, “Fuck you, Heavens.”

 

208