Chapter 1
67 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Erik, I only have a few more days to live." Anastasia was smiling as she said those words, but her eyes went the opposite, as if they were in pain. Erik was stunned, still processing what he had just heard. "Probably one of her jokes," he assumed. "Maybe I could just ignore her and change the topic to avoid her stupid joke, right?" That's what he's thinking.

 

"He-hey, Anastasia, do you remember how you kept stealing my food? when we were kids? Hahaha," Erik ignored, attempting to change the topic. His giggles at the end were awkward and unconvincing. His body was weakening, doubting every single moment of his situation. "What if... What if she's serious?" "What if this is the last conversation we had? What if this is one of her pranks?" "I don't know, but please tell me you were joking."

 

"Pfft, hahaha, come on, forget it. It's been a long year since then! *Sigh* But Erik, please listen. Changing the topic won't work anymore, you know?" She was serious, but Erik, on the other hand, was not ready for this. Come on, give him a break! He had already lost his parents and much more without his knowledge, so how much more can he bear? One? Two?

 

"No! Please... Tell me you were joking! I lost them already! Please not you too! You were a great friend and an important one! Losing you too... I don't know if I can take it! I don't know what to do! Please don't leave me!" Erik couldn't contain himself anymore and let everything he felt out. He was embracing Anastasia. On the other side, Anastasia was surprised and had a little doubt in her eyes. "Is this really alright?" She thought.

 

"Erik, no, please listen to me-" Erik interrupts, refusing to let her finish.

 

"No, you-!" Anastasia sighed as she shoved bread into Erik's mouth.  The bread was a food they were eating while in conversation just ago.

 

"Erik! At least listen to me for a moment! Okay? Okay, at least let me have my last word..." Erik was frustrated. It was already out of his hands. When the professional had already stated it, there was nothing he could do. He was silent, and Anastasia was wiping away his tears as she calmed him.

 

"Erik, five years ago, it might not look like it, but I was diagnosed with heart failure, and that day when we went to the doctor, they said I only have five years to live, and I don't know when this year I will be apart from this world..." Anastasia's smile was visible, but pain in her eyes. Erik was speechless and had nothing to say anymore but ask for something. He was curious, even knowing the answer.

 

"Why... why didn't you tell me?" The pain was heard mixed in his voice.

 

"This might be too uncomfortable... That day was also the day you received such terrible news about your parents. I couldn't just bring this bad news about my condition. I know how much I am important to you, just as you feel to me. You are also an important friend. Seeing you hurt more, I dislike it. That's why..." Anastasia broke down on the floor. She isn't yet dead, but she just wants to nap like she used to.

 

Erik's face was filled with anxiety as he asked, "Anastasia, are you okay?" His voice was bitter and worried.

 

"Ahh! Shut up for a minute, will you?! I'm not dead yet! I just feel a little sleepy!" Anastasia can easily get annoyed by little things, but only with Erik, considering he's special.

 

"Then don't suddenly fall silent after telling me all of that! You're making me worried for nothing!" Erik replied.

 

"Haaaa!? Why should I ask permission to sleep?" Anastasia fought back.

 

"What's wrong with you?" Erik replied. The sorrowful atmosphere seems to have lost in their usual conversation. Both have a habit of talking to each other like this, no matter the situation, which they also use to comfort each other.

 

"There is nothing wrong with me," Anastasia said sarcastically. She was smiling, facing Erik's annoyed face, which she loves to see every day. Which made their relationship the same throughout the year.

 

"What I meant! Suddenly napping in the middle after saying you are diagnosed with heart failure!" Despite the sarcastic response he receives, he never once did ignore her, even if he was having a thought about ignoring her sarcastic sides. It seems what he used to do never changed in front of her.

 

"Ohhhh, you're right, there is something wrong with me. I was diagnosed, but I completely forgot about it, hehe," she said sarcastically. She was having fun with this.

 

"Are you serious right now? This is hopeless. Why do I even bother?" Erik was holding his head, seeming to have hurt his head just talking to Anastasia. But his temper never wavers in front of her.

 

"Hahahahaha, it feels nostalgic," Anastasia says.

 

"But we just had this conversation this morning..." Erik replied.

 

"... I don't have any regrets, dying right now won't be a problem for me anymore; just talking to you and having fun with you, I would love to do it again and again... Too bad time was ticking... Thank you for having you by my side... Really, I'm thankful for every moment we spend together..." Anastasia's eyes were weakening, and she appeared sleepy.

 

"Hey, Erik, can you wake me up? I'll take a little nap..." Anastasia's eye was closed, not just for a moment, but forever. She would fall asleep peacefully.

 

"Hey, Anastasia, don't sleep yet," Erik said, trying to wake her. He shook her for a few seconds as her name was called.

 

"Shut up! Let me sleep, will you?!" yelled Anastasia. That's what Anastasia would yell in this situation, but she had to rest for the rest of her life. Her sweet voice, sparkling eyes, cute laugh, and childishness no longer could be seen.

 

"... You've gone, haven't you? I, too, am grateful to have you by my side... Sleep well... Anastasia," Erik said, embracing Anastasia. Bit by bit, his tears began to fall. His vision was a little hazy. Later on, he feels a unresistable sleepiness that he can't resist. He just let it take over, crying quietly. Little did he know that this would be the start of the resurrection of the last of his kind, the final royal blood of his, or, we can say, her kind. The royal blood princess...

2