Chapter 2.5
36 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lord Sagittarius, they escaped the moment the devourers appeared. We awaiting your orders," one of the masked-hooded men said, his palm in his chest, showing the "Lord" the respect he deserved for his title.

 

"Then let's go, the Sagittarius ordered.

 

"As you ordered, Lord Sagittarius, we will not let them escape." He places his palm on his chest again before bowing as he turns around to announce the order he receives.

 

""Yes, captain! "" Everyone responds.

 

"... What? No, no, no, what I meant was let's go," The Sagittarius said, pointing in some direction, opposite where the family escaped. Everyone looked in the direction where the Sagittarius was pointing, and they were confused silently. The captain broke the silence and asked.

 

"I apologize for my lack of understanding, Lord Sagittarius, but what do you mean by that direction?"

 

"City, let's go, I'm starving!"

 

"But what about them? Isn't the child important? We had witnessed a successful resurrection, a resurrection that failed no matter how many times the ritual was performed in the past!"

 

"Oh, just leave them be; we've got something equally valuable, and we have more important things to do than capture a single child," Sagittarius replied, his stomach growling.

 

"Pardon, but what is this "important" and "equally" Lord Sagittarius?" asked the captain, who was doubtful of what it meant.

 

"About that, *Growl* I'm really hungry," Sagittarius responded, his stomach growling in the excitement of a feast.

 

"I see..." The captain took off his hood and mask, revealing a woman behind it. She has jet-black hair and dark purple eyes; her pupil is similar to that of a cat, and she has two cat ears on top of her head. She took a breath while gripping her hand.

 

"Take this matter seriously, you imbecile!" she shouts, punching her Lord and putting him on his knee.

 

"Ughh, my poor empty stomach," Sagittarius complained. He was holding his stomach, waiting for the pain to go away. "After what we did last night, you're still a short temper on me? I totally see you enjoying every single moment of it," he said. The captain's face was flushed like a red apple. The men were creating an atmosphere of disbelief, which she glared at and dismissed.

 

"It's a date! Don't say anything like that! You're misleading everyone!" Sagittarius took another punch from his captain.

 

"Ughhh, are ladies from your race normally this strong?" He was still down, growling in pain. The captain's race was a beast race, a race with much stronger physical and sensory capabilities than a human.

 

"That boy bears two lives; ughh, it still hurt. Just how strong are you?" Sagittarius said, slowly getting up with his captain helping him.

 

"That's impossible." A surprised expression appeared on her face.

 

"Maybe before, but I had witnessed it with my own two eyes; I too was not convinced; I want to go and confirm it," Sagittarius said.

 

The captain grabbed her Lord and carried him. Sagittarius was speechless, and his pride was probably shattered by now after being carried by a girl whose body was smaller than his.

 

"Put me down." He wanted to force himself down to her arms, but the pain was still there, and the captain was a beast with strength incomparable to his, a human's.

 

"No, I can't have you slowing us down; they might escape before we even see them again," she explained. She was running, grasping the scent of the family. She may not be able to smell their scent due to the distance the family has traveled, but she can by enhancing her smell with enhancement magic. 

 

"You punch me! Coated with magic!" The beast race's magic works differently; they could only use magic within their bodies; it was the only limit of their range. As a result, they were limited to coatings and enhancements. However, because of their limited range, they can always coat and enhance their bodies with 100% of their magic; there is no leakage in using their magic, allowing them to use their full limit of magic.

 

"Whose fault? Do you think?" She gritted her teeth, trying to figure out how to explain the misunderstanding to their men without destroying her image as captain. 

 

"You're destroying my pride as a man," he begged as he pleaded to be let go.

 

"Don't care, to begin with, why didn't you use your magic to resist a heavy punch? Aren't you one of the "Lords" of the Celestial Astral? Aren't you supposed to protect yourself from unseen danger?" She knows his lord is still going to experience pain, but at least he will feel less pain than what he is feeling right now, she often reminds him to use his magic to give him protection to avoid having a critical injury from assassinations or a sudden attack.

 

"... I completely forgot about that... Well, you can't blame me, I'm starving... Oww, uhh, you're breaking my, oh yeah! << BODY ENHANCEMENT: IRON BODY>>" After squizzing him tightly after hearing his answers, Sagittarius enchanted his body to withstand her physical strength.

 

Sagittarius was still groaning in pain a few seconds later. "It's pointless! You keep destroying it! Stop! I'm going to get crippled!" Sagittarius may be strong, but he has a small advantage in close combat. But it was how he used his ability that made him deadly; he used his ability in a creative and tricky way, <<BOW MANIPULATION>> and <<FIRE MANIPULATION>>.

2