Chapter 3
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Well, what do you think? Did this chapter improve compared to my last three chapters? I might start rewriting the other 3. I'm a little sleepy! I need to sleep now! Bye

 

Under the silvery crescent, its light shone down on the endlessly dark woods. Two tall-dark figures were running away from something in their tail. Not far away from the figure, a creature that dwells in the depth chasing them. From the eye of the moon, they show themselves as a pack of normal wolves, but from the keen eye of humans, they stand as monsters who devour the very inside of life.

 

Despite the hungry pack behind them, the two figures stop. Another gathering was in front of them. They were cornered and nowhere to run. This beast hunting as a pack was unlikely in this forest because of the limited availability of food resources. That's why they hunted as individuals rather than as a pack unless something caught their attention to gather.

 

One of the packs jumps straight to the girl, only to be cut down by the man. The man wore long white sleeves that were folded into his shoulder, and in his arms, a visible scar was everywhere on his covered-muscled arm. He had silvery hair and eyes that glowed like a sun. The girl doesn't have any plans to be a burden. She was helping the man as she utilized defensive and offensive magic. Despite her weakening state, she was still fighting back, but the world knew it wouldn't be long before her body collapsed from exhaustion.

 

"They keep appearing one after another. We can't just keep fighting with our numbers and strength. It is not enough," she says with every word mixed with gasping. She was the hungry beast's main target. She wore a white robe and had soft brown hair and pale blue eyes. While she was not the intended target, the child she was carrying was in danger.

 

"Veronica... promise me, once we reach the end of the forest, run as far as you can and don't look back, alright?" He said. He was confident he could lead them safely to the end.

 

"Veronica... promise me, once we reach the end of the forest, run as far as you can and don't look back, alright?" He said. He was confident he could lead them safely to the end.

 

"A-Allan?" Veronica was worried. She stared into his eyes. It was like a sun, a light in the midst of darkness, yearning to see the dawn with a whole family.

 

Despite his condition, Allan was one of the most fearsome captains in his country. His title of "Captain" was not just for show. Allan earned it through hard work. Without no more doubt, He ran, carrying his wife and their child as if there were no tomorrow.

 

The gathering keeps continuing as they chase them. Allan may not be that fast, but skilled enough to evade an incoming attack while protecting his family.

 

A wall of fire emerged on both sides of them; it was tall, with nothing visible on the other side, and the fire was fast closing as if it wanted to crush the man and pack. It came to a standstill when it got near to the man's skin. The hungry crowd was forming a train-like line, still chasing what was in front of them. Soon after, the shape of a spear came charging at them, burning them one by one, eventually fading after the last of the group was burned. The wall remained standing.

 

Allan and Veronica were giving a confused look. Allan keeps running straight till he reaches the opening. But who in the world such as strong as this will protect them? Does it have a price to pay? Or a genuine kindness?

 

Allan and his family finally reached the end of the forest with the protection of the wall of fire. In a matter of a few seconds, two figures were leaving the forest. One armed beast girl and one man with no single weapon without any injuries left a full of danger in the woods.

 

One thing that caught their attention the most was the man who wore the same mask and hood as the man they made a deal with. Allan take a defensive stance while Veronica pointed her wand at the man, while her frosty eyes were glowing.

 

The two were unbothered, as if no harm could come to them no matter what Allan and Veronica did. Nobody knows whether they were overconfident or truly that powerful. Soon, the man removes his mask and hood, revealing a red-haired man in his twenties with fire-like eyes and a carefree smile.

 

"Calm down, love birds; can't you greet your knight in shining armor politely?" Sagittarius said, smiling.

 

"I know we made a deal, but can't you just take my damn life! I will do anything! So, leave my child and wife alone!" Allan said, hiding and keeping his tone of voice as low as he could to avoid angering and fighting a man like him. Who he has only recently witnessed the power he possesses.

 

"Ohhh, you love birds are still bothering about the deal? Don't worry, I just made that one, you know, to sound more professional, hahaha," Sagittarius replied, laughing. The captains beside him, Allan and Veronica, were taken aback and didn't know what to say. His captain, who takes her job very seriously, was irritated by his response, but she, too, took the deal seriously.

 

"Well, let's get to the point. That child of yours, I want to hold him for a second, don't worry, my job was definitely not a kidnapping, and I don't even plan on changing jobs, hahaha," Allan and Veronica were still unsure of him. There was no trust earned.

 

"Well, if you are worried about what I said before, that was just a bluff, I was just playing on both of you, or rather, I was excited to see how well you two react." They were in disbelief, not sure if he was lying or had something to do with his head to even joke about taking a child. The captain, for sure, was quiet, but her inside was surely different.

 

"Doesn't matter, I get to see it now, it confirms. It seems your child was rather different... A one body being resided by two souls..."

2