Chapter 22-Contract with your host. Part 1
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cover Art Chapter 22

0Rhjj1x.png

 

Ana briefly tells the story of when she met Luke and Justin, and how they came out alive and champions of the Awakening Test, and then discovered that it was a sabotage carried out by Mr. Scoot's father, already deceased by the way. Scoot's father, who is now deceased. Ana didn't actually receive an invitation to the Awakening Test, but she can't explain exactly why, she knew the date because certain events are related to the phases of the moon, she waited for Luan to tell her, but Luan ended up not telling her the day of the Awakening Test for fear that she might get anxious or nervous, so he asked her to keep it a secret, the intention was not to worry her, but he ended up worrying her more, because he was asleep for days recovering, Ana looks at Luan who is present listening to the story wanting to choke him, and says:  
  
"Yeah, you hid it, but your uncle called me and told me everything that happened that day, next time you hide something from me, you'll see what I do to you Luan....  
  
Luan rolls his eyes. His mother is calm most of the time, but she is a nervous wreck. Derick immediately takes his arm away, and walks away as if to say, "Go it alone," Luan gives his mother a little yellow smile and says:  
  
"I just forgot to tell you, Mom, did I tell you that I love you today?  
  
Ana makes an angry face but ends up laughing, Luan as always trying to escape the scolding, she had another scare with what happened with Luan's supposed kidnapping, she really felt sick knowing that he was gone, she went straight to the police station, Luke was already there, the police are already investigating this gang, they already have access to the footage from the cameras in the streets, and around the Shed, and many of them have been arrested including the leader of the gang, but the investigation continues with some evidence from the other previous fight, Andrew's father, who is a close friend of the Beckers, is on the case, and confirms that he has enough evidence for the judicial process, and the process of the Disciplinary Board is also open, gathering previous evidence, Luke as Father and Principal of ST High School, is personally taking care of every detail, and waiting for the day of the meeting with the current Principal, but he discovered that the Principal is friends with Mr. Scoot, and going deeper. Scoot, and digging deeper, it was discovered that the Principal is Mary's uncle, our Student Council President, which explains why she was part of Mark's group in the Awakening Test.  
  
  
  
Luan and Derick need to get some rest and sleep, Luan now seems to be in a bit of pain, he decides to go to his house (which is next door to Derick's), the adults talk for a while longer, they already seem to be a bit cheerful because of the drink, Ana is talking to July Derick's mother on the 2nd floor balcony, Ana ends up starting to cry out of the blue (a lot of emotions get mixed up when you're a mother, it's a mix of emotions one day you explode), she's very worried even though she knows that Luan is going to have to go through even bigger problems, but she's really upset and wants to make things right with Mr. Scoot, since he was her father. Scoot, since he was her first "friend", although things didn't work out years ago, but in a way it was Mr. Scoot's fault, Ana has already decided that she's going to talk to him in person, hardly anyone will be able to make her give up on this idea, July tries to calm her down but decides to ask for help from someone, who knows her the longest, and who will be able to make her calm down, none other than Luke, Luke goes up to the 2nd floor to talk to her. is a little apprehensive, because he knows that Ana is angry when she needs to be, but somehow he manages to calm her down, even though many years have passed, even if he gets beaten up he will go to her.  
  
As soon as Luke arrives at the door, Ana thinks it's Jully, so she says:  
  
"Don't even think about changing my mind, I'm going to Mr. Scoot."  
  
She then looks up and sees that it's Luke, so she quickly disguises it by wiping her face and stares up at the sky, apologizing.  
  
"Sorry, I thought it was July..."  
  
Luke looks worried because he knows she's been crying, but he's not surprised because he knows Ana's way too well, it's not that easy to convince her of something, he comes over and sits down in a nearby chair and remains silent for a few moments. Ana finds it strange that he doesn't say anything, picks up the glass of drink that is on the usual table and takes a sip.  
  
Luke notices that she takes her drink quickly and decides to speak:  
  
"I hope you don't want to go there right now..."  
  
Ana makes a "what a good idea you've given me" face, Luke notices that instead of giving up on the idea, she thought it was a good one, but he then adds.  
  
"It won't even get past the entrance gate, if it's like this, you'd better calm down and think about it, regardless of whether he was your 'friend', he doesn't seem to care about hurting our son."  
  
Ana stares at Luke in amazement, this wasn't the kind of attitude he had when he was younger, he was always very impulsive, and always got into fights, but she doesn't think it's bad that he's changed, it's good that he seems to be more mature now, but she knows that deep down he's controlling himself a lot when it comes to Mr. Scoot.  
  
"I'm sorting it out, don't worry, I'll get him soon."  
  
Ana nods positively as she thinks:  
  
(Wow, he seems like a different person...but I heard he wanted to break down the gate on the day of the Test, I probably would have set fire to the DSO if I'd had to, am I the impulsive one now? Nobody messes with my son, that's a fact).  
  
"Okay, you're right, but I still want to talk to him, I'll do it when I'm sober. I need to go home now..."  
  
Ana gets up quickly, which by the way makes her dizzy, she puts her hand on her head, Luke quickly gets up and goes to hold her, he holds her in his arms, Ana stares at his face, without much reaction so she doesn't move and just stares at him, like that for a few seconds, and Luke lets her go slowly, Ana really felt that the drink had got to her, she thanks him and goes to the stairs to go down, Luke ends up following her, before she rolls down the stairs and says:  
  
"I'll walk with you... it's better."  
  
They leave through the gate, and Ana heads for the front door of her house, Luke helps her into her house, they enter Ana knows he's had a bit to drink too, and thinks it's best he doesn't go back to his place, so she advises him to sleep at hers.  
  
"Thanks, well, you've been drinking, so you can't drive, so you'd better rest, you can stay here at home, if you want to lie in bed I'll lie on the sofa, if you want to stay here of course..."  
  
  
  
Luke is a little surprised, it wasn't exactly his intention to accompany her for ulterior motives, but it's very late so he accepts, he looks at Luan's bedroom door, who is already asleep and says:  
  
"Okay, I'm going to sleep here on the sofa, you should sleep in bed...as soon as I feel I'm okay I'll go home."  
  
Ana understands, otherwise if Luan wakes up and sees his father, even though he is his father, he will be a little confused by the situation.  
  
Ana gets a pillow and a blanket for Luke, because it's winter and soon it will start snowing and we'll soon be close to the end of the year festivities, the kitten Mr. Fluffy who always sleeps with Luan, he observes the situation through the crack in Luan's door, as soon as Luke lies down and covers himself, she comes out of the crack and jumps on Luke, and lies on top of him, Luke keeps stroking him and they both fall asleep.  
  

.....

Part 2 available on December 18th

 

0