Act 2 : Normal life
5 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adit's POV

Location: Adit's House

Finally, after arriving home, I hurriedly went to Serina's room. To my surprise, she wasn't there. Normally, she would either be playing on her computer or lying on her bed, playing with her phone. Oh well, I decided to head to my room, which is opposite Serina's. As I opened the door, I saw a lump on my bed, covered with a blanket. 

"What's that?" I wondered, startled by the mysterious object on my bed. I approached and touched the object. Suddenly, a voice cried out, "Aaahn." I stood there like a statue, shocked by the unexpected sound. "What the heck was that sound?!" I thought.

Suspicious, I uncovered the blanket to reveal the source of the sound, and to my surprise, it was Serina, my troublesome little sister, who had escaped from her extracurricular activities. As I realized what I had touched, I looked down, particularly at the area i had grabbed. My face turned red in shock because what I had touched was

her damn chest! No, my hands were defiled by something I shouldn't have done! I snapped back to reality and quickly put on an angry expression, looking at Serina. "Serina, why are you on my bed, you pesky little sister?!"

Serina's POV

*Twitch* What did he just say?! What a terrible brother! He dares to touch me like that and now calls me short?!

Fuming with anger, I got up from my bed and glared at Adit. "Haaaah, what are you saying, siscon?!"

"W-What the hell are you saying, shorty?!"

"Siscon!!!"

"You little...shorty!!"

*Scowling* Hrrrhhaaaakkkhh!!! Such an annoying brother! Why does he have to be like this?!

"Enough, i came here to ask you something. Why did you skip the extracurricular activity?"

*Gulp* Oh no, what should I say? I can't just tell him I was lazy. "U-Um, I had a stomachache, Adit." I lied hesitantly.

"Hah, a stomachache? I know when you have a stomachache. I've seen Mieko and Yuzu with stomach pains sometimes. So, what's the real reason?" I blushed with embarrassment. I stood there, looking at the floor and shouted at Adit, "It's... it's because I was... on my peri...ood... Aaargh! You're so insensitive, Adit!!" I ran into my room and slammed the door shut.

*Baaam*

Adit's POV

What did I say wrong? Eeeh, wait-*Tiiing* Suddenly, my phone buzzed, and I checked it. There was a message. I was shocked by its contents.

[Adit! Come to Yuzu's house right away! Her sister called me and when I arrived, Yuzu was crying, and she seemed to be hurt on her hands and legs, her hair was messy. Hurry up!] 

I rushed to the garage and grabbed my bike, shouting, "Serina! I'm going to Yuzu's house! Don't be late for dinner!"

Yuzu's POV

Flashback

Shortly after Adit came home

Haaaah, it's quite empty here when I look around at this half-past three in the afternoon. I continue walking through the school hallway towards the room where my extracurricular activities are held when suddenly three girls block my way.

'I think I know them. Are they my classmates?' I think with a hint of fear.

They approach me, shouting, "Hey, isn't this Yuzu? Look, we have the disgusting girl who likes warships right here!"

Hearing their words, I feel scared and take a step back. But before I know it, the other two girls are already behind me, grabbing my hair.

"Ouch?!!" I can only scream in pain as they pull my hair hard. Then, they suddenly push me after yanking my hair. I fall to the ground, hurting my hands and legs in the process.

As I'm lying there, I hear an angry shout, 

"Hey, what are you three doing there?!!"

"Oh no, it's Yui."

"She's right, it's Yui."

"Let's get out of here!"

'Yu-Yui-san!!' I feel relieved as Yui-san, the head of the extracurricular club I'm in, appears. I see her reach out her hand, and I accept it gratefully.

Yui-san helps me stand up and says, "*sigh* Hah, Yuzu, if you're being bullied like this, just report it to me directly. I'll handle them." 

I can only look down and reply softly, "Th-thank you, Yui-san."

Eventually, Yui-san accompanies me home, and I express my gratitude to her. After entering my house, i take off my shoes and lower my head, and... and... *sobs* *sobs* My tears start flowing uncontrollably. I run to my room on the second floor and slam the door shut. I don't care if my younger sister, Zea, sees me running and crying while she's in the living room watching TV. 

I can't hold it in anymore *sobs* *sobs* "Huuuuaaaah!!!" I cry as loudly as I can. Why do I have to endure this bullying just because I like warships? Ever since middle school, they started bullying me as soon as they saw my face! I feel like *sobs* I want to leave this world *sobs*.

Zea's POV

Why is Big Sis Yuzu like that? Why did she suddenly run and cry like that? I'm worried about her. Should I call Big Sis Lena? I reach for house telephone and dial Sister Lina's number. 

*Ring* I patiently wait for Big Sis Lena to answer *Ring*. 

After picking up, she says, {Hello, Zea, what's up? I'm on my way home, stuck in traffic.}

{I saw Big Sis Yuzu crying and running to her room just now.}{What?!! Big Sis Yuzu is crying? Ok, hold on, then. I'll call someone real quick.} 

After I answer her question, it seems like Big Sis Lena is surprised by Big Sis Yuzu's condition. Why? It can't be that Big Sis Yuzu is being bullied. I asked her before, and she said it was nothing. So what's happening to her now? I'm getting more confused.

Third-person POV

Inside the car, Lena appeared panicked as she searched for someone's number. She immediately dialed it.

*Riing* After the call was picked up, a woman's voice could be heard. 

{Good afternoon, Lena-san. What's up? Why are you calling me all of a sudden? Is there a problem?}

{Ah, good afternoon, Mieko-chan. Sorry for bothering you. Actually, Yuzu is facing some trouble. Zea saw Yuzu running to her room in tears. It seems she's being bullied by the classmates you both share. Since Yuzu tends to hide and deal with things alone, Zea was confused. Yuzu has always been like that, so I'm asking you, as her best friend, to please comfort and look after my beloved little sister, Yuzu.}

{Uh... y-yes, of course, Lena-san. I'll head over there right away. I'll bring Adit if necessary.}

{Thank you so much, Mieko. You've always been such a good child. Especially since you also have a passion for warships like Yuzu. Well then, see you later, Mieko. Bye!}

Location: Mieko's House

After the call ended Mieko looked a little bit panic. After that Mieko prepared herself and made her way to her motorcycle in the front yard. She bid farewell to her mother, who happened to be in the front yard.

"Mom, I'm going to Yuzu's house now."

"Alright, be careful on the road, don't speed."

"Yes, I'm off."

Mieko revved her motorcycle and set off towards Yuzu's house.

Location: Yuzu's House

*Knock knock knock* The sound of the door being knocked several times could be heard, and Zea, who heard it, hurriedly opened the door. Upon seeing who had arrived, she exclaimed, "Wow, Big Sis Mieko?!"

Zea immediately hugged Mieko tightly. Mieko could only chuckle and ruffle her head. Mieko entered the house with Zea following behind.

"So, why did Big Sis Mieko come here?"

"Ah, well... I'm here to study with Yuzu."

Zea looked at her in confusion. "Studying? But aren't you and Big Sis Yuzu already smart?"

Mieko could only laugh softly and ruffle Zea's head in fondness.

Mieko's POV

After I entered Yuzu's room, I turned to Zea. "Zea, I'm going to study now. You wait for me in the living room, and later, we'll watch a movie together at the cinema with your beloved older sister, Yuzu. Okay?"

"Okay!" Zea replied enthusiastically. It seemed she was excited about watching a movie at the cinema with Yuzu. Lina-san had told me that Zea hadn't had much fun with her sister lately. Lina said she had been busy with her campus affairs, and Yuzu had a packed schedule recently. So, it was understandable that Zea was so happy. I knocked on Yuzu's door and opened it slowly. When the door opened, I saw Yuzu lying facing the wall, trembling.

"Yu...Yuzu, it's me, Mieko. I've come to visit you. Are you okay, Yuzu? I'm sorry for barging in." I called softly as I walked towards her. I sat on the edge of her bed and noticed that her leg was injured. Seeing that, I stood up and turned Yuzu around.

Now that I had turned her towards me, 

I could see that Yuzu's hair was disheveled, her eyes were red and still filled with tears, and her cheeks were wet. I suddenly noticed that her arms were also injured. Seeing her in such a state, I immediately took out my phone and sent a message to Adit. After sending the message, I realized that Yuzu, who was still crying, was mumbling something.

"*Sniff* Why... *sniff* why do they torment me? *sniff* Forgive me, Zea, for showing you *sniff* my unworthy side. *Sniff* Forgive your beloved sister *sniff* for not being able to go out together with Big Sis Lina *sniff* like we used to. *Sniff* It would be better if I just di-"

I interrupted her and immediately grabbed Yuzu's right hand, which was holding a cutter as a tool for suicide.

"Stop, Yuzu!! Do you want to leave your sister, Lina, and Zea, your beloved sister, all alone?!"

"Bi..big...sis Yuzu...?"

Hearing her soft voice, I was shocked and turned around. At that moment, I saw Zea standing at the door of Yuzu's room. Oh no, did she come back and hear all of Yuzu's mumblings? I saw Zea standing there, her head slightly bowed, and her body trembling.

Yuzu's POV

Z... Zea?! W... why are you here?! D... d... did you hear me mumbling earlier? I saw her trembling, and when she looked up, she was crying and came toward me. She hugging me while she still crying.

"*Sniff* Big Sis Yuzu, *sniff* are you going to leave me? *Runs toward Yuzu and hugs her* Don't leave me alone, *sniff* Big Sis Yuzu! *Sniff* I want *sniff* Big Sis Yuzu to see me become a singer *sniff* someday... *sniff* I don't want *sniff* to be left alone by *sniff* Big Sis Lina and Big Sis Yuzu!! Don't die, *sniff* Big Sis Yuzu, *sniff* don't die. Let's go *sniff* together like before!"

A... ah... I suddenly started shedding tears uncontrollably. I... I remembered that I have a little sister who loves me and Big Sis Lina. I hugged Zea tightly and cried loudly.

"Huaaaa, I'm... I'm sorry, Zea. *Make a warm smile* *Sniff* I promise we'll go together next time, okay? *Sniff* The three of us, you, me, and Big Sis Lina. *Stroking Zea's head* So, *sniff* don't cry anymore, okay? Because Zea is Big Sis Yuzu and Big Sis Lina's beloved little sister. Please forgive me your sister, Zea."

"Uhm." Zea could only nod and smiled at me, tears still streaming down her cheeks. Ah, how cute my little sister is!!

To be continued...

1