Ch. 14 – Travelling
504 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Ms. Honey finished kissing her husband, she the turned around to introduce Doflamingo.

"This is-" Doflamingo could see that this would be a problem, so he immediately interrupted her.

"Donquixote Doflamingo." He then offered for a handshake.

"Hello there, Mr. Donquixote, I'm Phil. Phil Coulson. It's nice to meet you." Phil gave him his infamous kind smile and shook Doflamingo's hand.

"You too. You can call me, Doflamingo or Doffy." Doflamingo said as they seperated their hands.

Phil gave him a confused look and when Doflamingo was also confused by his confused look, he realized the reason why he's confused, so he immediately cleared up the confusion.

"I'm half Japanese. Donquixote is actually my surname and Doflamingo is my first name." Doflamingo explained as Phil gave an 'ohh' look on his face before apologizing.

"Sorry about that. But you look American to me, so I was confused." Phil said as Doflamingo responded.

"Well, maybe my American genes are more stronger so I look more like an American." Doflamingo chuckled as the three of them finally went inside the house.

However, Doflamingo noticed that Phil seems to be scanning the house for something.

'Did he think that Ms. Honey is having an affair with me? Well, considering that Ms. Honey is alone in a house with a guy as handsome as me, not to mention, when Phil knocked earlier Ms. Honey responded so late, so it's normal for him to check if his wife is having an affair.' Doflamingo thought while walking to the living room.

What Doflamingo didn't know was the reason Phil Coulson was scanning the area was because he thought that Doflamingo is a spy sent by the other country to kidnap his wife or threaten him using her to collect confidential information from or through him.

When they finally arrived at the living room, Phil brought his duffle bag down on the ground before slumping on the couch.

"How's your work, hon?" Ms. Honey brought the duffle bag on the table before she asked.

"Nothing much happened. We just solve a few cases that the police can't solve." Phil then asked Doflamingo.

"How about you, Doffy? How did you and Jennifer know each other?" Phil asked, but Doflamingo could see that Coulson was prying some information from him.

"I was actually her student a few years back, but I went back to Japan because of some family matters. I just recently came back here a few days ago, so I decided to meet with my teacher." Doflamingo already made up a background on his head as he told it to Coulson.

However, Doflamingo knew that this fake background would soon come out to light as a fake, so he needed to get his identity forged and who else could do it but Matilda?

If what he heard from Ms. Honey is true, then it is possible that she's as smart as Tony Stark, or even smarter than him.

That's why Doflamingo is sure that Matilda would be able to study programming and such to forge him a fake identity.

After having a chat with Coulson and Ms. Honey, Doflamingo knew that it was time for him to go and visit Matilda.

He can't delay any longer especially now that Coulson is here and must be suspicious of him, so he must make a new background identity for himself.

So, after saying his goodbyes to Coulson and Ms. Honey, Doflamingo went inside the car that Ms. Honey allowed for him to borrow before turning on the engine and driving off.

"He has a licence right?" Seeing the car speeding off from a distance, Coulson asked Jennifer beside him.

"I....I have no idea." Ms. Honey also realized this and chuckled nervously, hoping that Doflamingo would be alright.

***

Meanwhile, Doflamingo was driving just fine. Since he already drove a car in his past life, obviously those skills won't just go away.

[Insert BGM: Bee Gees - How deep is your love.]

[I know your eyes in the morning sun

I feel you touch me in the pouring rain

And the moment that you wander far from me

I wanna feel you in my arms again

And you come to me on a summer breeze

Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave

And it's me you need to show....]

As the music rang on the car, Doflamingo also sang along and kept tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, trying to sync with the beat on the music.

[How deep is your love?

How deep is your love?

How deep is your love?

I really mean to learn

'Cause we're living in a world of fools

Breaking us down when they all should let us be

We belong to you and me.]

For a whole night, Doflamingo didn't even get an ounce of sleep and just kept driving the car.

Luckily, Ms. Honey gave him some spare cash that is enough for him to reach New York atleast.

As for his license? Although he doesn't have a license, but Doflamingo already had a plan for that, in case he was stopped by a checkpoint or something.

What's his plan you might asked? Easy. Since he removed the license plate of the car a few hours ago, his plan is to use his Conquerors Haki to stun everyone on the checkpoint before leaving.

Of course the plan is dangerous but Doflamingo already has plans to close the gap.

First, he would need to hide his face, which is why he also borrowed a hoodie from Phil Coulson to hide his face from cameras and lastly, Doflamingo believed that once this happened, it would surely circulate everywhere as a mysterious supernatural event and would be treated as one of the mysterious unsolved cases in the world.

That's all there is to his plan. He's not worried about Shield finding it was him, after all, he doesn't have any identities in this world except for his dead one. The only thing that he is worried about is the car that he is using.

If Shield is as smart as depicted in the movies and comics, they'd surely trace it back to him because of many obvious hints.

First, the car he borrowed is the same car as Ms. Honey from Pasadena, and lastly, if Shield were to use the CCTV's around the area, they would know that the car went from Pasadena to New York and Coulson, who is from Shield, knew that he was on his way to New York and that he borrowed the car from his wife, Ms. Honey.

Doflamingo is sure that Shield would someday find out that it was him.

However, that's just the first plan. His 2nd and last plan is more easy but the result would be the same.

In this plan, instead of using his Conqueror's Haki, he would use his string technique which is the Parasite technique which is where he would control the movements of the police officers to allow passage to him however, he could only control the movements not the mind itself, so the police would surely know that someone is controlling them and the most suspicious person would obviously him, after all he'll control them to give him passage which just shows that he's the culprit.

The next part is pretty much obvious, the police officers would tell their Chief about this and so on until it reaches the ears of Shield who would do as he just said in his first plan, they'll trace everything back to him.

Now, it us only the matter of moment of choosing which plan he will go.

Will he use Conqueror's Haki or Parasite?

The obvious answer to this is Conqueror's Haki.

The reason is, that if he used Parasite, there's a chance for Shield or the snake behind them to discover the truth on how he could control someone's movements, and make a foolproof plan against him in the future.

So, he decided to keep his Parasite technique as one of his secret trump card and just use the Conqueror's Haki.

Why Conqueror's Haki, you might ask? Well, it's impossible for Shield or Hydra to discover how he could faint others without doing anything after all, Conqueror's Haki is invisible to normal humans and it is obviously impossible to counter his Conqueror's Haki unless their Will is more stronger than him.

'Why am I overthinking? It didn't happen yet.' Doflamingo chuckled and kept on driving.

***

"What in the actual fuck?" Doflamingo cursed as he finally arrived at New York without any hurdles.

He did stumbled upon some Checkpoints, and when he's ready to proceed with his plan, the police officers just nodded at him and allowed him to pass.

'Does the security in America this weak?' Doflamingo's mouth twitched as he finally went out for he car and pulled hjs money out of his pocket.

'$50 left. I could buy some snacks with this.' Doflamingo said as he walked to a nearby convenience store and bought some snacks and a drink.

While he was waiting in a line, the door was blasted open and two men wearing baclava masks came pouring in while pointing their guns at the people inside, including him.

"Everybody get down! This is a robbery!" A man yelled as the people around screamed in fear.

"Kyaaahhh!"

'Seriously? Why now?' Doflamingo rolled his eyes in annoyance as he crouched down along with the others.

"Gimme all your money!" The other man started pointing at the customers while the other one pointed his gun at the cashier.

The customers started giving their money, and Doflamingo also did.

After all, he doesn't want any trouble and wanted to meet up with Matilda as soon as possible.

"You! Your money now!" The robber finally arrived a him and pointed his gun at Doflamingo.

"Alright, chill. Just put the gun away from me." Doflamingo said as he was about to take out his money out of his pocket.

"What? You've got any problems with that, little shit?" The robber said as he played the gun around his head, as if threatening him.

"So, you want the cash or not? Believe me, I'm in hurry today so just take out money and go." Doflamingo said as the robber and everyone in the store was shocked at his attitude.

"Look at this motherfucker. He probably doe-." The robber laughed and looked at his companion from behind, which will be the biggest mistake in his life as he turned his back on Doflamingo.

*Bam!*

Doflamingo karate chopped the robber's nape and grabbed a sofa can from a basket and threw it accurately at the other robber before he could react.

*Bam!*

*Splash!*

In just 2 seconds and 2 moves, Doflamingo took down two armed men without much hassle.

Doflamingo then skipped the line and placed his order on the counter-top of the cashier.

"How much?" Doflamingo asked.

The cashier nodded in fear and counted the price of the items before speaking.

"It's $27.99, sir."

Doflamingo placed 3 stacks of 10 dollar bills which accounts to 30 dollars.

"Keep the change." Doflamingo said before stepping out of the store under the watchful eyes of the customers and the cashier.

|-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_|

You can visit my patreon to read 10 advance chapters and if you want to support me. (www.patreon.com/SlimeSage)

18